Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   R.I.P. Leroi Moore. (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229381)

chr35919 08-19-2008 06:51 PM

R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

No one will ever be able to replace Roi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEDGNwha880
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEqNDFWtqWM

Jimi's Thing 08-19-2008 07:10 PM

Re: R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

I feel like something inside me shriveled up and died.

jarguitar86 08-19-2008 07:11 PM

words will never be able to describe the emptiness

crashintonickdm 08-19-2008 07:12 PM

im at a loss for words. im stunned and feel like crying my eyes out.

god bless you leroi. you were the man.

this band will never ever be the same again.

milo420dmb 08-19-2008 07:15 PM

just found out about this, i can't believe it.... RIP my man, we will all miss you!!

i honestly don't even know what to think or feel at this point, i guess jarguitar86 nailed it, emptiness...

dadledog 08-19-2008 07:15 PM

Rest in peace LeRoi. I felt like I was flying when I heard you play.

heartcornbread 08-19-2008 07:15 PM

Love you Roi! You rocked out Busch and that Crush will be my favorite memory of you. Rest in peace, you have touched so many lives.

This is a life to be celebrated.

heygoat49 08-19-2008 07:16 PM

RIP leroi

my thoughts are with the the band and friends and obviously his family

dave matthews band is no longer the Dave Matthews Band

bradshaw06 08-19-2008 07:22 PM

r.i.p roi. it wont be the same without you

natedoggld182 08-19-2008 07:25 PM

My hearts and prayers go out to Leroi and his family...

Leroi, You'll never know how much your music meant to me..

There are no words to describe how I feel right now.....

ChadRap127 08-19-2008 07:30 PM

It official, wow. http://www.davematthewsband.com/news/

TwoStep2888 08-19-2008 07:31 PM

Very sad. He will be dearly missed.

douglaskg41 08-19-2008 07:32 PM

R.I.P. Roi, and thank you so much for all that you shared with us...

cruscott35 08-19-2008 07:32 PM

RIP Leroi, all I can say man.

SmoothD41 08-19-2008 07:33 PM

unbelievable.

R.I.P. Roi :(

It's amazing how sad you can get over someone you don't even know. DMB has played such a big part of my life, I can't believe I will never see Roi on stage again...will never get to see/hear him playing #41, dueling with Carter at the end of Crush, the end of BOWA, etc.

This is terrible. I don't know whether it's weird or not how incredibly sad and empty I feel right now.

Jessica41 08-19-2008 07:34 PM

I feel like a member of my family just died. Rest in Peace Leroi... you will be SO missed.

so sad right now :( :(

Uballer 08-19-2008 07:34 PM

Wow, this is so surreal, I cant believe this is for real.. His family is in my prayers.

I wonder if this spells the end of DMB?

Sou1 So1di3r 08-19-2008 07:34 PM

I think I am going to be sick

Uballer 08-19-2008 07:36 PM

Wow, this is surreal, i cant believe this is happening. My thoughts with his family.

I wonder if this spells the end of DMB.

Utopia 08-19-2008 07:37 PM

Such a sweet guy...you rocked me for years...I will rock on in memory of you!
Peace,
Myers

churchofcarter 08-19-2008 07:37 PM

If you need something else to make cry, this will do it:
http://www.liog.org/content/view/160/30/

Sleep to Dream Her off of this. Roi at his very best.

Im destroyed right now. :(

Uballer 08-19-2008 07:38 PM

Wow, this is surreal, i cant believe this is happening. My thoughts with his family.

I wonder if this spells the end of DMB.

siserilla 08-19-2008 07:39 PM

I was praying this was a terrible rumor. R.I.P. Leroi :(

Utopia 08-19-2008 07:39 PM

Such a sweet guy...you rocked me for years...I will rock on in memory of you!
Peace,
Myers

cmoehling 08-19-2008 07:39 PM

this cannot be the end of dmb

no way

wackybasilisk 08-19-2008 07:39 PM

We'll always love you, Roi... God bless you and have fun jammin' with the angels.

dmbmuskie 08-19-2008 07:40 PM

God Bless Roi, the band, and all of you.

wxdudes 08-19-2008 07:42 PM

I hate to say it, but you could see this coming. Damn, no! Wow, i'm still stunned.

PleaseOrAppease 08-19-2008 07:42 PM

My heart goes out to Leroi's family and friends as well as the band, who I am sure consider each other family. I can't imagine how hard it will be for the band to play tonight. Leroi's music touched us all, and its a shame that we will never be able to hear him play again.

Sooner17 08-19-2008 07:42 PM

I can't even think straight right now. RIP LeRoi

mtbhk44 08-19-2008 07:42 PM

Sleep well Roi - the entire community will miss you. Thanks for everything.

eoxixis 08-19-2008 07:44 PM

RIP Leroi Moore.

stayorleave83 08-19-2008 07:45 PM

RIP Leroi

I remember the first time i heard ants live and when it was his time to play that solo at the end i just closed my eyes and took it all in, it always connected with me, it was beautiful music.

My thoughts are with his family, you will be missed!

Enoch 08-19-2008 07:45 PM

Always taken from us so soon...

You will be missed.

twostep721 08-19-2008 07:45 PM

Well wow, I don't even know what to say.... I can't say anything right now... Thank you, Roi.

litskiDMB 08-19-2008 07:46 PM

Roi is a legend. RIP

jaking1185 08-19-2008 07:47 PM

I haven't felt a loss like this in a long time. I'm devastated.

I feel for his family and his DMB family.

I'll miss you Roi.

AlpineValley804 08-19-2008 07:48 PM

This is so horrible. Leroi, you will be missed. Prayers out to the band, friends, and family.

Raidergolf4416 08-19-2008 07:50 PM

i thought Manny Ramirez getting traded was bad, but i am really crying over this. This seriously had to be one of the worst things thats ever happened....

2stepclark 08-19-2008 07:50 PM

My heart goes out to LeRoi's family, friends and the band. It is going to be a tough night.

Never be able to listen to the band the same way again.

JayBomb24 08-19-2008 07:51 PM

We will all miss you big Roi...rock that amphitheatre in the sky.

d.dutton9512 08-19-2008 07:52 PM

I do believe I'm going to lay down and have myself a little weep

goodcam210 08-19-2008 07:53 PM

I'm stunned...I don't know what to say. LeRoi, you will be greatly missed. You rocked us all for so long.

On Bended Knees 08-19-2008 07:55 PM

This is so messed up I don't even know what to say

SmoothRider[PL] 08-19-2008 07:58 PM

Goodbye, my Friend... We will never forget You...

Dziękuję Ci za wszystko, spoczywaj w Pokoju...

Caveat Emperor 08-19-2008 08:00 PM

LeRoi brought joy to millions of people throughout his life.

I only hope he and those closest to him can feel the thanks of all those people tonight.

RIP LeRoi...

PantalaNagaMan 08-19-2008 08:00 PM

"Mayby I can cover up my head
I still don't realize it all
It's nothing quite real to me, to us all
I feel as though I'm crazy sometimes
And all the world is all the things
That I don't want them to be
I would lay it all, lay it all
And then stand by the ones who stand by me
Let it all out, Let it all pour out." - DJM "The Stone" Golden Gate

I come home to this. :(

I'm speechless, I'm sick...but nothing can be done that's already been done. August 19th, 2008 will be a date that will stick with most of us, if not ALL of us for the remainder of our lives. Live everything like you want. Do not regret a thing. It seems so cliche when people tell you, but honestly - who knows anything? Just live.

Roi - there isn't a question where you're at - the only question is why so soon? But who am I to question that? Rest In Peace Roi - though there is thousands of us, you made a bigger impact than most people could ever. I pray for your family, I pray for your band, I pray for a better world for you.

Jantz.

mantra4 08-19-2008 08:01 PM

its sad, but you gotta celebrate the life. i'm gonna roll a fatty and watch listener supported, then the dvd of 12.14.02 loving wings, and a few other assorted tunes, and i will have a smile on my face the whole time.

MicTKO 08-19-2008 08:01 PM

Im in shock. So sad. A legend.

Thanks Leroi for everything.

RIP

thatgirl224 08-19-2008 08:05 PM

RIP LeRoi. It won't ever be the same without you.

albany15 08-19-2008 08:05 PM

The Dave Matthews Band is something different than any other band. They are a family that you feel apart of. This family has just lost someone who can never be replaced. As a result this family of thousands of people are grieving. Each person had there own spot and were unique in their own way. There are not many musicians who enjoy their work as much as DMB does. They play night in and night out always putting on a show for the fans and themselves. Leroi will never be replaced and this special band will never be the same. Rest in peace Leroi we will never forget you.

EPLiverpool8 08-19-2008 08:05 PM

Roi was a legend

hawk4life26 08-19-2008 08:06 PM

never thought it would hurt this bad. I'll go to bed to many a solos tonight. RIP

MPicardo 08-19-2008 08:07 PM

R.I.P. Roi
Not only have we lost a wonderful man and musician however the affects this tragedy will have on DMB may be detrimental. How will his death affect the album, future tours etc. Without the music of DMB, my life may not be fulfilled. My prayers go out to Roi, his family, and the members of DMB

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:10 PM

I'm sure the band will do what is best for THEM...if they decide to play. I sure hope they don't.

RIP Leroi

gezebel 08-19-2008 08:11 PM

my heart goes out to LeRoi's family and friends and to DMB.

RIP LeRoi.

warehouseguy 08-19-2008 08:11 PM

I keep thinking I didn't know him, so maybe I shouldn't be upset. Forget that. After years of listening to these boys, flying to shows from Kansas City to Dublin to Atlanta, following updates and sharing a sense of community with other DMB fans, you cannot help but feel saddened by this news. My thoughts are with Roi's family, the band, and to the rest of the community feeling a loss tonight. What hurts especially is the unexpectedness of it all, especially after believing he was on the road to recovery. This will be one of those before-8/19 and after-8/19 moments, but I know that Roi's presence will not be lost by all of us.

R.I.P.

wtpio 08-19-2008 08:11 PM

Roi,
Your music was so beautiful and effortless, my thoughts and prayers
RIP

yuhas9797 08-19-2008 08:12 PM

We love you Roi, thank you for all the fond memories you have given us all. You will be truly missed.

I honestly feel numb right now. I never met the man but i feel like a member of my own family died tonight. Rock out tonight boys, for us, for yourselves and most importantly for Roi....

ARFiredancer 08-19-2008 08:12 PM

Well, one thing is for sure. DMB will never be the same. Who knows what is in the future for the band. I for one, am happy that my last "true" DMB show was Piedmont Park. I'm glad that I can remember Roi that way. I'm so sad right now. :(

guitarplayer554 08-19-2008 08:12 PM

You will be missed! I hope I can meet you later on down the road.

Meesh23 08-19-2008 08:12 PM

R.I.P. Roi
You will be missed....

guitarplayer554 08-19-2008 08:14 PM

You'll be missed LeRoi! Keep playing that sax where ever you are!

Dramageek 08-19-2008 08:19 PM

I'm simply stunned right now. I can't put it into words. I just listened to the Lillywhite Bartender and sobbed.

"And if I go
before I'm old
O brother of mine
please don't forget me
if I go.

Bartender please
fill my glass for me
with the wine you gave Jesus
that set him free
after three days in the ground."

You'll never be forgotten Roi. Thank you for all of the joy you've given us all. Rest in Peace. Thoughts and prayers with your "families." Much love all around.

warehouse999 08-19-2008 08:20 PM

Rest in Peace Leroi and thanks for the endless sounds and memories. My thoughts and prayers are with the band and his family.

dreamingtree_34 08-19-2008 08:25 PM

life will never be the same. roi has touched so many people through his passionate sax playing and unbelievable talent. i feel sick to my stomach. because ive listened to and seen roi play so much i feel as though ive lost someone extremely close to me. thank god we all got to see this amazing man play and may his beautiful jazzy soul rest in peace.

morg0052 08-19-2008 08:25 PM

R.I.P leroi moore, you are an amazing person and will never be remembered. God bless you and your family. We lost a family member tonight and it hurts so bad.

voiceofreason 08-19-2008 08:25 PM

All fall down
It won't be so long now
Out of the darkness comes light like a flash
You think you can, you think you can
Sometimes that is the problem
Dream little darling, dream
Spinning on the wind
The leaf fell from the limb
But everyday should be a good day to die
Oh, all fall down
It won't be too long now
Every fire dies

I love you Leroi. Thank you for everything. Rest in peace.

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:27 PM

I've never had a death affect me this way aside from friends and family. My thoughts go out to his family, band mates, fans, and those beautiful saxes.

Rest In Peace Roi!

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:28 PM

I've never had a death affect me this way aside from friends and family. My thoughts go out to his family, band mates, fans, and those beautiful saxes.

Rest In Peace Roi!

Character Zer0 08-19-2008 08:29 PM

We all thought we saw everything there was to see about this band, but we were taking by shock here, and were robbed of a phenomenal human being. An absolute fantastic musician, a soothing saxophonist, a class act, and above all a fucking great person.

This band has changed my life, we've been through our ups and downs, but no matter what happened, I loved this band. I loved everything there is to love about them, down to their personalities, their style, their character, just about everything I liked. LeRoi was my favorite member of this fantastic band, which says a lot. The way he went about his buisness, encouraged the band, and delivered great music year after year after year, it just made me happy. And to see it all vanish so quickly, it's sad. So sad that I'm tearing up has I type this, yelling at my computer screen asking myself why LeRoi had to go?

I can't say enough about LeRoi, he touched all of our lives. Not only as a musician, but as a person. He's a role model to everyone, and to see him go this early, it just sickens me that we still have criminals roaming the streets, while Roi is gone. Really, it makes me want to vomit. So let's all take a moment and realize, we not only lost a member of the band, we lost a friend. And while we may never have met the guy in our lives, we can all agree that he was a fucking amazing person, all around.

Here's to LeRoi, your family, your music, and everything you've done for us. It's truely something special. You're off to a better place Roi.

R.I.P LeRoi Moore

jayman414 08-19-2008 08:30 PM

LeRoi you will be missed forever. Thank you for all the great memories you have provided us all with over the years. I am truly upset and deeply saddened. Best wishes out to DMB and the Moore Family

Point202 08-19-2008 08:32 PM

I am so saddened by the news - I am a writer by profession, yet I feel like there is absolutely nothing I can write that will capture the grief I am feeling right now. I can only think to send out a big collective "hug" to the DMB community. LeRoi Moore has been a part of all of us. His passing will affect us all profoundly. May he rest in peace.

crashmpm 08-19-2008 08:34 PM

I'm still shocked to hear the news. You will be missed Leroi. I plan on listening to nothing but his sax solo's for the next few days. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

You will be missed by all.

bigeyefish22 08-19-2008 08:34 PM

no fucking way

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:35 PM

Rest In Peace Roi!

douglaskg41 08-19-2008 08:37 PM

Tears finally came when Bartender popped up...

dmbhoosier21 08-19-2008 08:40 PM

I can't believe what I read when I logged on. This sucks.

RIP LeRoi.

What a sad day.

rhymenreason88 08-19-2008 08:48 PM

Rest In Peace Roi!

brendangen412 08-19-2008 08:59 PM

this has been a crazy day. i'll miss you roi.

In the dark sunglasses, with that shiny thing in his hands, his name is LeRoi.

SomeDevil27 08-19-2008 09:00 PM

The only band member I've ever met. Definitely one of the nicest and most humble people I've ever shaken hands with. I am so unbelievably shocked right now. LeRoi I love you and I will miss you so much. Rest in peace brother.

steveb272 08-19-2008 09:03 PM

I've only been a hardcore fan of the band for two and a half years, but in those two and a half years the music of the band has touched me in ways that music simply had not before. I am totally at a loss and shattered right now. I haven't had a death in the family in seven years, and this feeling right now is just about on par with that.

You will be sorely missed, Roi. Your music has moved me countless times in the past, and will continue to move me in totally different ways now that you are gone.

scrock25 08-19-2008 09:04 PM

My goodness this is sad, right before I was going to bed down for the night.

R.I.P. Roi - We all love you, and will all miss you....horribly.

iPond317 08-19-2008 09:05 PM

I will deeply miss LeRoi. He brought an amazing sound to the band and I can't believe he is gone. I am beyond shocked... it's time to pop in some DMB and try to sleep this awful news off.

Goodbye, Roi. We will all miss you! :-(

steveb272 08-19-2008 09:06 PM

I've only been following the band for 2 and a half years, but in that short time their music has moved me in ways I had never been moved before. I just do not think that I can be moved in the same way again without the big guy around.

Rest in peace, Roi. Your music has meant so much to me and countless others and can never be replicated. The music community lost an outstanding member much too soon today.

snh1376 08-19-2008 09:06 PM

I am in shock....utter shock. I can't even think of the words to describe the way I feel right now.

RIP Leroi, you will be missed.

thestone023 08-19-2008 09:09 PM

Holy Fuck... Life sucks at times. For us, for his friends, and for his family. My heart is with everyone right now.

The first and hopefully last time I'll ever say this. it is a dark day to be a Dave Matthews Band fan

thecurtain191 08-19-2008 09:11 PM

My heart goes out to the DMB family and to Roi's family and friends...he truly was the best and will be greatly missed.

I loved nothing more than to just watch and listen to Roi as he played...unbelievably saddening.

::puts in LBV from Gorge 02::

Evans 08-19-2008 09:13 PM

Leroi playing "A Sweet Goodnight". Try not to cry....

http://www.pdg.net/Leroi-03-17-93.mp3

Devilspawn 08-19-2008 09:14 PM

R.I.P Roi...

you will be deeply missed...

:(

hoke2007 08-19-2008 09:16 PM

Thank you LeRoi for all the great memories. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends, and band members of Roi. We love you and will miss you so much.

Thanks for everything LeRoi.

Rest In Peace.

Bartender_Pleez 08-19-2008 09:17 PM

I cant beleive they are playing tonight - I wonder where and when the funeral is going to be?

damvbe4134 08-19-2008 09:18 PM

We all will miss the stunning saxophone solos that Leroi Moore presented us with. His artistic touch can never be replaced and I'm not sure the music will ever sound the same again. Hopefully the band will go on and, as witnessed by their dedication to play tonight, they will go on in honor and memory of Leroi. Although no one would really blame them for going separate ways due to this extreme hardship, time will heal all wounds and if anything, this will bring even more energy and musical enthusiasm to the rest of this year's tour and to the remaining band members. They will unite and become closer than ever before which leads me to believe, their best music is yet to come. R.I.P. Leroi Moore. #34 will forever be your song and I hereby propose that it be your song that everyone will choose to play in honor and memory of your gracious artistic lungs.

Bartender_Pleez 08-19-2008 09:18 PM

I cant beleive they are playing tonight. There has to be a funeral, I wonder where and when?

watchtower821 08-19-2008 09:19 PM

i dont know why but when i heard the news of the accident the idea of complications was floating through my head.. r.i.p leroi you will be missed

miket428 08-19-2008 09:22 PM

rip roi, you helped changed my life. i will never forget you

jcomey 08-19-2008 09:24 PM

Thank you, Leroi.

That's all I can say.

boilerfan 08-19-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany15 (Post 8075640)
The Dave Matthews Band is something different than any other band. They are a family that you feel apart of. This family has just lost someone who can never be replaced. As a result this family of thousands of people are grieving. Each person had there own spot and were unique in their own way. There are not many musicians who enjoy their work as much as DMB does. They play night in and night out always putting on a show for the fans and themselves. Leroi will never be replaced and this special band will never be the same. Rest in peace Leroi we will never forget you.

This is so true.

I'm a big Springsteen fan and we were all reeling last April when Danny Federici died. Bruce knows how Dave feels tonight.

My prayers go out to DMB and esp. LeRoi's family.

DerekJTR2 08-19-2008 09:24 PM

I'm going to feel sick for a long long time. This is rock bottom. A great man has lost his life and a great part of our lives ends. Best wishes to his dear friends and family, hopefully they know what an incredible effect he had on all our lives. This is an awful tragedy. Rest peacefully brother Roi.

jcomey 08-19-2008 09:25 PM

Thank you, Leroi.

That's all I can say.