Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming in One Week! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

Cscottrun 10-17-2022 04:53 AM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by monizzle145 (Post 18281401)
As much as I love blink 182 (and learned their catalog when I started guitar). The difficulty of making a blink 182 album is 10 times easier than what DMB does lol. Yell a couple profanities throw in some of the easiest bass lines of all time under a guitar playing the I, V, VI, IV chord structure And you got yourself a new song in 15 minutes.

Their new song is also not very impressive.

bibby1044 10-17-2022 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 18281452)
Their new song is also not very impressive.

I didn’t really like it but mostly everyone I’ve talked too loved it. Too monizzles point tho given what blink is As a band it’s hard to expect much more out of them at this point.

DMB1JW 10-17-2022 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibby1044 (Post 18281411)
One of their best debuts since tLWS imo. I was in aw the first time I heard it.

Every debut at that show in CVille blew me away and I still feel the best live versions of all 3 songs (Bismarck, Bob Law, Sam Cop)

DaveCrave41 10-17-2022 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibby1044 (Post 18281411)
One of their best debuts since tLWS imo. I was in aw the first time I heard it.

Very much the same. Out of all their unreleased material that I thought would have been a stellar track, Bismarck is the one I desire the most. I'm not sure what it is about it that I love so much, but the way this line is delivered... "He looked at her she looked at him" just made me feel things lol

It borderlines masterpiece for me, as far as structure goes. A little wordy at times during the verses, but that could be smoothed out in the studio perhaps.

Anyway, #BringBackBismarck !

bibby1044 10-17-2022 06:44 AM

Bismarck brought back the changing chorus lines too. Need more of that.

Alpine416 10-17-2022 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monizzle145 (Post 18281401)
As much as I love blink 182 (and learned their catalog when I started guitar). The difficulty of making a blink 182 album is 10 times easier than what DMB does lol. Yell a couple profanities throw in some of the easiest bass lines of all time under a guitar playing the I, V, VI, IV chord structure And you got yourself a new song in 15 minutes.

https://imgflip.com/i/6x7s2p

hopewelljones 10-17-2022 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB1JW (Post 18281474)
Every debut at that show in CVille blew me away and I still feel the best live versions of all 3 songs (Bismarck, Bob Law, Sam Cop)

That Bob Law is SO good. More urgent pace than A&A which I prefer.

PantalaNagaMan 10-17-2022 08:16 AM

My personal favorite Blink 182 related story...

Advanced Writing in 8th Grade

We were writing and presenting free form poetry. Girl gets up to present hers...

"I never thought,
I'd die alone.
I laughed the loudest,
Who'd a known?"

Mr. Katchmar was very much into this, and obviously impressed at the emotion coming from her.

Nick from the back of the class, "That's Adam's Song, Mr. Katchmar. Blink 182."

She quit presenting after that.

mynameismike 10-17-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantalaNagaMan (Post 18281552)

We were writing and presenting free form poetry. Girl gets up to present hers...

"I never thought,
I'd die alone.
I laughed the loudest,
Who'd a known?"

Mr. Katchmar was very much into this, and obviously impressed at the emotion coming from her.

Nick is a dick

bibby1044 10-17-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameismike (Post 18281562)
Nick is a dick

Nick also may have saved her from future hardships. Funny story tho.

NewOrleans 10-17-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveCrave41 (Post 18281479)
Very much the same. Out of all their unreleased material that I thought would have been a stellar track, Bismarck is the one I desire the most. I'm not sure what it is about it that I love so much, but the way this line is delivered... "He looked at her she looked at him" just made me feel things lol

It borderlines masterpiece for me, as far as structure goes. A little wordy at times during the verses, but that could be smoothed out in the studio perhaps.

Anyway, #BringBackBismarck !

Masterpiece is a strong strong definition of it, but it is a great song. A studio version of it would be the chef's kiss done correctly. Not sure how Dave doesn't like it. Similar to Break For It or Sweet Up and Down, they should have all been recorded and released a long time ago. Yet we get new songs like Something to Tell my Baby or Come Tomorrow, because they are "better" or more relevant to the times. No idea who makes these decisions. If Come Tomorrow was never released and only played live, and Bismarck was on a studio record, what a world this would be.

mynameismike 10-17-2022 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibby1044 (Post 18281563)
Nick also may have saved her from future hardships. Funny story tho.

I mean Mr. Katchmar was obviously not a Blink fan, the whole class couldve exploited this and just done random quotes for the rest of the year. He ruined a good thing.

NewOrleans 10-17-2022 08:46 AM

I am deeply saddened that we have stooped to discussing Blink 182 here. This is what DMB's lack of new album has done to us.

monizzle145 10-17-2022 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOrleans (Post 18281590)
I am deeply saddened that we have stooped to discussing Blink 182 here. This is what DMB's lack of new album has done to us.

Well we already exhausted the Chili Peppers 2 albums and the Chili isn't on the menu yet. We rode in the death cab with cutie but that that convo ran outta gas.

bibby1044 10-17-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameismike (Post 18281570)
I mean Mr. Katchmar was obviously not a Blink fan, the whole class couldve exploited this and just done random quotes for the rest of the year. He ruined a good thing.

Or the teacher would’ve entered her into a live poetry contest and her web of lies spirals out of control and pretty soon she’s spray painting cats tails.

Speilmen230 10-17-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantalaNagaMan (Post 18281552)

"I never thought,
I'd die alone.
I laughed the loudest,
Who'd a known?"

I ripped off Captain in high school for Poetry class. Shrugs.

PantalaNagaMan 10-17-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibby1044 (Post 18281610)
Or the teacher would’ve entered her into a live poetry contest and her web of lies spirals out of control and pretty soon she’s spray painting cats tails.

Exactly. Mr. Katchmar or Mr. Feenie couldn't have saved her. Even with Nick's attempts at stopping a chronic liar - he couldn't.

It would only get worse as the years went on.

She tried to convince our junior class that her boyfriend's - well, spunk - was green.

What a wildcard.

arizza11 10-17-2022 10:17 AM

I know sometimes other artists new albums have been discussed in this thread, so I am going to give a great recommendation. Noah Kahan, usually a pop artist (not my favorite sound for him), but he went folk for his new album. It's called Stick Season, and it is a fantastic listen from start to finish.

bibby1044 10-17-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantalaNagaMan (Post 18281627)
Exactly. Mr. Katchmar or Mr. Feenie couldn't have saved her. Even with Nick's attempts at stopping a chronic liar - he couldn't.

It would only get worse as the years went on.

She tried to convince our junior class that her boyfriend's - well, spunk - was green.

What a wildcard.

:lol woah she sounds like a guy I went to highschool with but much worse.

BringBackButchT 10-17-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grilldanmo (Post 18281090)
And this is one if the areas that I, as a fan of any of the bands I like/love that, give zero shits about. Cultural relevance has nothing to do with the quality of the music, just like popularity. They obviously aren’t mutually exclusive concepts, but many folks errantly think they are inextricably linked.

It’s about if I like the music, that it moves the needle for me. Everyday did nothing for me, neither did SU. I’ve liked and still enjoy every other album from the band and loved Dave’s solo album as much as the band’s best stuff. So far I’m digging most of the “new” stuff. I’m not interested in hearing anything from ED, SU, or most of the “hits”, but I’ll take the trade off for any/all of the many songs I love and hearing Dave and the band share new tunes.

My interest will wane if Dave stops writing and playing new tunes. And I’ll stop going to more than one show if they ever stop changing up the set for each show.

That's cool, but my point is that "legacy act" the best way to classify DMB in 2022.

CapnHani06 10-17-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibby1044 (Post 18281490)
Bismarck brought back the changing chorus lines too. Need more of that.

Underrated comment. This is a big way.

#40BigEyedFish 10-17-2022 01:48 PM

YouTube lately has been thinking i want to learn more about Rick Rubin....he'd be fun to have as a producer, i'd love to see what he'd do with DMB...but the old school DMB like 07/08 (dave, carter, fonz, boyd, roi, rashawn, tim)

kevinmavs 10-17-2022 03:41 PM

Rick Rubin is a career saver for so many. He revitalized Tom Petty. He knows how to make a hit. He's incredible.

I want Cavallo but I stan BWATGGK

NightShadow577 10-17-2022 05:32 PM

have we heard anything new yet, or still just random stuff?

Aforauer 10-17-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightShadow577 (Post 18281829)
have we heard anything new yet, or still just random stuff?

Nothing per usual

YankeesDMB41 10-17-2022 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #40BigEyedFish (Post 18281746)
YouTube lately has been thinking i want to learn more about Rick Rubin....he'd be fun to have as a producer, i'd love to see what he'd do with DMB...but the old school DMB like 07/08 (dave, carter, fonz, boyd, roi, rashawn, tim)

Watching him on Rogan last week and I had the exact same thought.

ericvol 10-17-2022 06:06 PM

Guys, my Vols are back! That makes me confident we are about to get the surprise new album drop any week now!

Whooot!

DMBCardinal 10-17-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 18281842)
Guys, my Vols are back! That makes me confident we are about to get the surprise new album drop any week now!

Whooot!

Hey, at least you have the Vols!

groogrux27 10-17-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCardinal (Post 18281850)
Hey, at least you have the Vols!

Rockies and broncos fan here

I feel brown paper bag days in my future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTBaboon 10-18-2022 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 18281842)

Whooot!

I live in Vols country and this town is absolutely buzzing after beating Bama.