Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

Bearclaw_ 08-09-2019 07:29 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

This isn’t correct but I swear the bartender they played this morning was tLWS version. :lol

Whiteyxc514 08-09-2019 09:22 AM

I haven’t listened in a week or two. We getting a show tonight?

DMBCardinal 08-09-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 (Post 17519658)
I haven’t listened in a week or two. We getting a show tonight?

Bethel, June 19th. I think that is what I heard.

richvisser23 08-09-2019 12:19 PM

Subscribed to Sirius for this channel, but now listen to other channels. I keep trying to go back to it, but ultimately the live show quality is bad, and the other material is 70% studio tracks or the same versions over and over. A week of this channel is all you need to absorb 95% of their content. Poor execution IMO.

Coxy810 08-09-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richvisser23 (Post 17519803)
Subscribed to Sirius for this channel, but now listen to other channels. I keep trying to go back to it, but ultimately the live show quality is bad, and the other material is 70% studio tracks or the same versions over and over. A week of this channel is all you need to absorb 95% of their content. Poor execution IMO.

This 100%

Whiteyxc514 08-09-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richvisser23 (Post 17519803)

I like Sirius as a whole, but I don’t think the repetition is unique to the DMB channel. We road tripped with some friends last week and they had Pulse channel on for most of the ride. I was amazed how many times we heard the same songs multiple times in only a few hours. My car doesn’t have Sirius, but when it did, I was much more of the mindset of hopping around and changing channels frequently among my 7-8 favorites until I found a song I liked.

stlbluespower 08-09-2019 06:53 PM

Listening tonight to a Friday evening rebroadcast (Bethel, 6/19/19) for the first time this year. It doesn't seem like they chop off much between songs, and Ari's occasional commentary between some songs is not obnoxious. Really looking forward to Fiddlers and the Gorge broadcasts.

stlbluespower 08-09-2019 07:41 PM

It's Des Moines next Friday.

georgedavis003 08-10-2019 05:52 PM

Just heard Falling Off the Roof on Sirius. Forgot that even existed. Nice to see them varying up. Heard an 04 JoyRide from Alpine earlier today

OK_Ant 08-10-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCardinal (Post 17519676)
Bethel, June 19th. I think that is what I heard.

Hope somebody taped it!

bella770 08-10-2019 08:12 PM

I listened for a bit today while driving and I think they're finally adding some variety into the song mix - today I heard the '95 recently>water into wine>blue water which I had not heard them play before on the channel. Also heard spoon (studio but still), #34, and little thing. Fingers crossed they are finally cluing in to the fact that dmb has a huge catalogue and fans who don't just want to hear Grey Street, crush, ymdt and Come together songs over and over again.

skiddiet 08-10-2019 09:19 PM

Ari is taking davespeak suggestions on Twitter... he’s mentioned trying to put together clips of the best ones

Cptn. Monkeyman 08-11-2019 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgedavis003 (Post 17520250)
Just heard Falling Off the Roof on Sirius. Forgot that even existed. Nice to see them varying up. Heard an 04 JoyRide from Alpine earlier today

Was it from DMB Live 25? Or the studio outtake with Herbie Hancock?

georgedavis003 08-11-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17520334)
Was it from DMB Live 25? Or the studio outtake with Herbie Hancock?

DMBLive 25

ranter1027 08-12-2019 05:15 AM

did MP3 versions of Sirius shows ever get shared? I've been away a couple of weeks, and fear I missed them.

BTBaboon 08-12-2019 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bella770 (Post 17520292)
I listened for a bit today while driving and I think they're finally adding some variety into the song mix - today I heard the '95 recently>water into wine>blue water which I had not heard them play before on the channel. Also heard spoon (studio but still), #34, and little thing. Fingers crossed they are finally cluing in to the fact that dmb has a huge catalogue and fans who don't just want to hear Grey Street, crush, ymdt and Come together songs over and over again.

If only Dave could figure that out....

jackdewey 08-12-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranter1027 (Post 17520636)
did MP3 versions of Sirius shows ever get shared? I've been away a couple of weeks, and fear I missed them.

Sure, check out dreamingtree.org or join the dmbondemand group on Facebook. Dreamingtree offers flac format. You can use an application like Flacsquisher to quickly convert a folder of .flac files to mp3

imnothingman 08-12-2019 11:51 AM

So, anyone who ripped Bethel this Friday....?

Nacho220 08-12-2019 12:20 PM

I have Bethel recorded but it’s just one big FLAC file. I can send it to someone who might have more time to edit it down and get it posted on dreamingtree.

Feel free to DM me. Thank you.

georgedavis003 08-12-2019 03:02 PM

All of the promos for the Des Moines show about to be broadcasted keep saying it was May 4th. Lolz

WidespreadMule3 08-13-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgedavis003 (Post 17521068)
All of the promos for the Des Moines show about to be broadcasted keep saying it was May 4th. Lolz

Wasn't that the Memphis show?

georgedavis003 08-13-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 (Post 17521341)
Wasn't that the Memphis show?

That was the date of New Orleans. Des Moines was 14th

Hahninator 08-13-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho220 (Post 17520941)
I have Bethel recorded but it’s just one big FLAC file. I can send it to someone who might have more time to edit it down and get it posted on dreamingtree.

Feel free to DM me. Thank you.

I sent you a message :)

imnothingman 08-13-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 17521600)

I also sent him a PM. But I guess you're better at editing than me. Go ahead! Looking forward to this broadcast.

hkhund07 08-13-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 17521600)

I also PM'd him also because I have Audacity software but have never used it before and never have tried to do anything like this. Just thought if nobody else was doing it I could give it a try. Audacity looks quite complicated and I don't really understand all the controls but it might be a learning experience.

imnothingman 08-13-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkhund07 (Post 17521702)
I also PM'd him also because I have Audacity software but have never used it before and never have tried to do anything like this. Just thought if nobody else was doing it I could give it a try. Audacity looks quite complicated and I don't really understand all the controls but it might be a learning experience.

I guess Hahninator will work his magic.

I use Audacity a lot, it's not that complicated when you try it out a couple of times. But I guess it can feel a little 'overwhelming' the first times around...

hkhund07 08-13-2019 06:21 PM

Bethel 6-19-19 is up on dreamingtree.org .. doesn't mention who the uploader was but i assume it might be Hahninator. thanks to all who made it possible!

Hahninator 08-13-2019 08:07 PM

Actually wasn't me - the guy that has been recording the shows posted his version of it. Thanks to him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnothingman (Post 17521645)
I also sent him a PM. But I guess you're better at editing than me. Go ahead! Looking forward to this broadcast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkhund07 (Post 17521702)

If either of you would like to get a (very basic) tutorial on Audacity feel free to PM me then we can add each other on Facebook and do a chat where we can run through the program. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I was thinking about switching programs if I upgrade my recording gear but Audacity has been great for me lately. It's worth it to know how to use it in case you ever have to edit something.

kenticus 08-14-2019 03:35 PM

Which of these Sirius tips do people think has best sound quality or best performance? Just curious from anyone who’s bothered to listen to all them.

bmt322 08-14-2019 03:35 PM

This afternoon they played the What You Are from 2008 when Dave sang lyrics from LITHOG in the intro. I knew about that but had never heard it. It is awesome.