Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

kmb40oz 08-02-2019 07:06 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

I've heard the CP Cortez so many times I'm starting to get sick of it. Yes, I just wrote those words.

Drock414 08-02-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmb40oz (Post 17515014)
I've heard the CP Cortez so many times I'm starting to get sick of it. Yes, I just wrote those words.

Agreed. Played way too much!

bpvallee 08-02-2019 09:10 AM

The 7-26 rip is up on dreamingtree

Hahninator 08-02-2019 12:22 PM

People claim the re-airing of WPB had Seven and Jane but I haven't heard it. I guess they won't air it again today. Woodlands tonight.

mposey34 08-02-2019 04:30 PM

What time are they playing the woodlands show?

Hahninator 08-02-2019 07:13 PM

I thought it was 8:20 but it started at 8. The thing that sucks about airing older shows is they cut every second between the songs. Crash ends and on the last note, She begins.

Crash1983 08-02-2019 08:14 PM

Supposedly the Des Moines show might be played during one of these Friday’s the band is off. That’s a really good pick.

TheStone91 08-02-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash1983 (Post 17515576)
Supposedly the Des Moines show might be played during one of these Friday’s the band is off. That’s a really good pick.

Where’d you hear this?

daspfund22 08-02-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash1983 (Post 17515576)

Pass...for a few reasons, one it's an arena show vs outdoors, two its another show from May and early on the setlists were very much the same as what was broadcast tonight and lastly, last year they did a second night of a 2 nighter that the Friday show was broadcast a couple times, lets get one of those shows aired (or a few since we have a few more weeks).

TheStone91 08-02-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daspfund22 (Post 17515602)
Pass...for a few reasons, one it's an arena show vs outdoors, two its another show from May and early on the setlists were very much the same as what was broadcast tonight and lastly, last year they did a second night of a 2 nighter that the Friday show was broadcast a couple times, lets get one of those shows aired (or a few since we have a few more weeks).

Have you looked at the setlist? It’s one of the best of the tour so far...

daspfund22 08-02-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 17515605)

Looks great yeah but compare that to N2 from Camden, Deer Creek, Alpine, SPAC or WPB and tell me you wouldn't rather hear that?? Personally N2 SPAC w/ the #40 and Blue Water teases knocks that show out of the water for me...not saying this show isn't great, just saying there are some others out there I'd prefer to hear a mastered version of first.

Crash1983 08-03-2019 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 17515599)
Where’d you hear this?

A friend of mine reached out to ari and he just about confirmed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daspfund22 (Post 17515602)

I don’t understand the logic of being an arena show vs outdoors when your listening to a recording? I can understand that preference if your attending a show

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 17515605)

It was one of the best sets this tour. At the time the tour was 7 shows in and this show had 8 Tour debuts which is crazy. It was a turning point for the tour after the fan backlash from the Nashville show. Dave finally reslozed he came back from Europe.
Big eyed fish->bartender, smts->bridge—>too much, so right, stone, recently, typical...

Spac will always get the votes for it being Spac. I’ve been there and I get it. The band plays different there. Spac N2 17 out of 23 songs were played in the previous 4 shows or less. The others were hands of god, pig, again and again, say goodbye, 40, and blue water.

I would love to hear both shows with the Sirius mix and hopefully we do but personally prefer the Iowa show given the shock value it was.

jcs420x365 08-03-2019 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 17515550)
I thought it was 8:20 but it started at 8. The thing that sucks about airing older shows is they cut every second between the songs. Crash ends and on the last note, She begins.

This. I prefer listening to the show as it happened (with the dead time btwn songs) but don’t mind if it’s cut like a live release. I get where a radio station might not want to be broadcasting dead air. But the cuts on the Sirius reairings are so poor, it’s really distracting. It’s like somebody was trying to do the whole show in 5 minutes.

daspfund22 08-03-2019 07:44 AM

I think that I am thinking this more from a taper recording standpoint theres usually a little bit of a different acoustics indoors vs outdoors but from their professional mix it wouldn't really make a difference...I get the shock value side of things w/ the show when it was and all the debuts but I'm basing my opinion off of what we have had played on the Friday night shows so far and wanting to hear some different stuff...again was just stating my opinion, I forgot how that is something people like to rip other people for around here...either way it's great to have quality sounding broadcasts of live shows.

Crash1983 08-03-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daspfund22 (Post 17515640)
I think that I am thinking this more from a taper recording standpoint theres usually a little bit of a different acoustics indoors vs outdoors but from their professional mix it wouldn't really make a difference...I get the shock value side of things w/ the show when it was and all the debuts but I'm basing my opinion off of what we have had played on the Friday night shows so far and wanting to hear some different stuff...again was just stating my opinion, I forgot how that is something people like to rip other people for around here...either way it's great to have quality sounding broadcasts of live shows.

Anyone that knows me here knows I don’t rip into people. I was just stating an opinion as you were also and trying to figure what you meant between outdoor/indoor broadcasts. People these days just want to be offended about something.

daspfund22 08-03-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash1983 (Post 17515659)
Anyone that knows me here knows I don’t rip into people. I was just stating an opinion as you were also and trying to figure what you meant between outdoor/indoor broadcasts. People these days just want to be offended about something.

I'm not looking to just be offended about something, if you were in my shoes and read what you said you may interpret it the same way...seems like you are equally offended w/ what I came back with so maybe we should just agree to disagree and move on, after all we're all here for the same good reasons. Enjoy!

Nacho220 08-04-2019 01:12 PM

I'm hearing that the WPB N1 2019 rebroadcasts had everything fixed and the entire show was aired. I did not get a chance to catch the stream live or any of the rebroadcasts cause I was in Florida for the show(s) and we stayed down there for a while after before coming back to Ohio. I listened Friday (8/2) morning and afternoon but didn't hear a rebroadcast at all. It figures... since all those earlier shows they re-aired them 5 times a day it seemed they didn't do it for the show I was at, ha!

Hahninator 08-04-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho220 (Post 17516177)
I'm hearing that the WPB N1 2019 rebroadcasts had everything fixed and the entire show was aired. I did not get a chance to catch the stream live or any of the rebroadcasts cause I was in Florida for the show(s) and we stayed down there for a while after before coming back to Ohio. I listened Friday (8/2) morning and afternoon but didn't hear a rebroadcast at all. It figures... since all those earlier shows they re-aired them 5 times a day it seemed they didn't do it for the show I was at, ha!

I heard the same thing and when I listened again as well, I also I could not find a rebroadcast. But I saw posts here and in several Facebook groups that said it was the full show. Sure, it was all edited between the songs but it'd be nice to have the extra songs.

The overall issue here is, we can't rely on just ONE person to be recording everything. Now I am not pointing fingers at you (at all) or anyone else, but it would really help if we had 2-3 more people capping each show. I am going to work on doing it myself. The guy that has been doing it has been absolutely phenomenal and has gone above and beyond for all of this. A true 110%. But if we had more folks helping out, I think recordings like WPB that you and I are talking about wouldn't "slip through the cracks". It's certainly not his fault at all that Sirius reaired it in the incomplete form. If we had more folks listening that could record, we could capture things like WPB live on the Friday show or the "fixed" reair.

I am going to work on this to hopefully make sure it doesn't happen again. Sadly, I don't think they will reair WPB "fixed" again since Woodlands just happened. However, it doesn't hurt to ask - if we asked Ari you never know what could happen. Even if they did like a 2am reair one night it could greatly help us out.

smm16 08-05-2019 12:53 PM

Just heard this Friday will be the Bethel, NY show from 6/19.

Drock414 08-05-2019 01:37 PM

Eh...just about the same exact show from woodlands.

edskin 08-05-2019 07:17 PM

Weirdest thing happened... driving around the other day and the studio version of I Did It comes on. I sigh and think about changing the channel, but it’s short so I let it go. And..... somehow between now and the last time I listened to it in 2000 or so I have come to like it. I love the guitar/bass in the verses and hot damn if I didn’t sort of like the corny Boyd speaking part. Old age does weird things to you I suppose.

WidespreadMule3 08-06-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edskin (Post 17517157)
Weirdest thing happened... driving around the other day and the studio version of I Did It comes on. I sigh and think about changing the channel, but it’s short so I let it go. And..... somehow between now and the last time I listened to it in 2000 or so I have come to like it. I love the guitar/bass in the verses and hot damn if I didn’t sort of like the corny Boyd speaking part. Old age does weird things to you I suppose.

Compared to what they've been putting out lately early 2000s DMB doesn't suck so bad haha

BMus1 08-07-2019 06:31 AM

This station's been putting in work lately. So far this week I've heard an '07 A Dream So Real, Dreams of our Fathers, Gaucho, Doobie Thing (which I learned about from this station), amongst 150 plays of Cortez from Central Park :p

I also keep hearing the version of Blackjack behind a fan interview. The more I listen to it, the more similar Carter's drums sound to the production style of Come Tomorrow. It's probably a remix of a live version, but it's still interesting to hear that they're using it in the first place.

dontdrink36 08-07-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMus1 (Post 17518007)
This station's been putting in work lately. So far this week I've heard an '07 A Dream So Real, Dreams of our Fathers, Gaucho, Doobie Thing (which I learned about from this station), amongst 150 plays of Cortez from Central Park :p

I also keep hearing the version of Blackjack behind a fan interview. The more I listen to it, the more similar Carter's drums sound to the production style of Come Tomorrow. It's probably a remix of a live version, but it's still interesting to hear that they're using it in the first place.

Doobie Thing is on Live 25, it's a must own compilation imo

btpeters 08-07-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMus1 (Post 17518007)

Or it could be the Batson Sessions version.

Flip36 08-07-2019 02:09 PM

anybody know if Seven and STJL from WPB broadcast was posted anywhere?

hkhund07 08-07-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flip36 (Post 17518361)
anybody know if Seven and STJL from WPB broadcast was posted anywhere?

From what I read here already no one captured a fully complete re-airing of that show.. and now there won't be any further re-airings of that show on SiriusXM.. so chances are slim to get those 2 songs.. But frankly, who cares? Those songs can be found in several different 2019 and 2018 shows that have been captured off of SiriusXM.. For STJL just go listen to the SPAC Friday show (7-12-19).. If you want to hear Seven go to 7-27-18 (WPB)..

daveMathews48 08-07-2019 11:36 PM

Leave Me Praying LT 17 > What Will Become Of Me (DMBlive Academy) > Christmas Song (LT 23)

Thanks for the deep cuts!!

imnothingman 08-09-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drock414 (Post 17517004)
Eh...just about the same exact show from woodlands.

Hasn't the entire tour almost been the exact same shows...?? :)

jaymas9 08-09-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmb40oz (Post 17515014)

Yeah, I'm in this boat too.