Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

AJF_41 02-23-2015 09:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

wild into the top 8 in the west!

:multi

#gottastaythere

fonzz41 02-23-2015 09:10 AM

Jason Chimera is one of my favorite working-class players in the league. Would totally pick him up if I was building a team from scratch.

fonzz41 02-23-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustysurf83 (Post 15836719)
Has Carcillo ever not gotten his ass kicked? I feel like he gets his teeth knocked in every time I see him fight.

:lol This is kinda how I felt about Lapperiere, one of my favorite all-time players. Guy fought all the time, and always seemed to lose. Probably why his nose looked the way it did. I guess it didn't help that he was usually taking on guys bigger than him. :lol

What I loved about him, though, was he was always fighting for a purpose, and that purpose was usually sticking up for his teammates. An amazing hockey personality.

barbogast 02-23-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15837984)
Jason Chimera is one of my favorite working-class players in the league. Would totally pick him up if I was building a team from scratch.

He's getting a little old now, but I totally agree. I love having him on the team

Roose13 02-23-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15837990)
:lol This is kinda how I felt about Lapperiere, one of my favorite all-time players. Guy fought all the time, and always seemed to lose. Probably why his nose looked the way it did. I guess it didn't help that he was usually taking on guys bigger than him. :lol

What I loved about him, though, was he was always fighting for a purpose, and that purpose was usually sticking up for his teammates. An amazing hockey personality.

Love Lappy. One of the sweetest guys to ever talk to. Guy is a true team player and I really wished we got him that Cup in 2010. So glad he's on the Flyers bench. He's a very smart coach.

TMoore4075 02-23-2015 09:51 AM

Stars gave up 7 against the Wings and 6 (in the third) to the Wild. Good job boys.

~Crashintome89~ 02-23-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15838028)
Love Lappy. One of the sweetest guys to ever talk to. Guy is a true team player and I really wished we got him that Cup in 2010. So glad he's on the Flyers bench. He's a very smart coach.

Really, cause that PK this year, bro...

TMoore4075 02-23-2015 10:13 AM

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/mir...hockey-russia/

An interesting take from one of the most creative players ever.

pathetic 02-23-2015 10:34 AM

how different is the red army doc from the 30 for 30 of miracles and men? I know they're different, but the guy who probably spent the last couple years doing red army has to be a little pissed that ESPN put our 30 for 30 a month before his comes out

unccrombie 02-23-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15838155)

Off days? That’s funny. No off days.

read that in a super thick russian accent. :lol

barbogast 02-23-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 15838219)
how different is the red army doc from the 30 for 30 of miracles and men? I know they're different, but the guy who probably spent the last couple years doing red army has to be a little pissed that ESPN put our 30 for 30 a month before his comes out

I haven't seen Red Army but I read somewhere that the players were much more candid than they were in Of Miracles and Men

pathetic 02-23-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15838441)
I haven't seen Red Army but I read somewhere that the players were much more candid than they were in Of Miracles and Men

:thumbsup

I really enjoyed the 30 for 30. I like how it was focused primarily on fetisov. great story post miracle

TMoore4075 02-23-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 15838444)

I really enjoyed the 30 for 30. I like how it was focused primarily on fetisov. great story post miracle

Oh I thought it was about his daughter.

barbogast 02-23-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 15838444)

I really enjoyed it as well, and I expect Red Army will be even better

barbogast 02-23-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15838155)

This was a really interesting read. Hearing him talk about Datsyuk and the way the game is played in the NHL today, really good read. He's also kind of right. The NHL is very much a north/south game right now, which is not at all how the Soviets played back in their day.

pathetic 02-23-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15838447)
Oh I thought it was about his daughter.

that really didn't bother me. it was his first time back in lake placid since the Olympics. I'm sure he didn't want to do it alone

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15838464)
I really enjoyed it as well, and I expect Red Army will be even better

:thumbsup definitely checking it out

Brohan_Santana 02-23-2015 01:21 PM

After reading this article is explains Trotz 'yolo' mindset when determining the Caps top line. Really puts into perspective how good Ovi and Backstrom are together

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=754669

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMoore4075 02-23-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 15838469)
that really didn't bother me. it was his first time back in lake placid since the Olympics. I'm sure he didn't want to do it alone

:thumbsup definitely checking it out

No I meant I was pretty much looking at her the whole time. Didn't realize Papa Bear was even talking... ;)

kev87lads 02-23-2015 09:28 PM

Flipped on Ducks/Wings and the wings just totally melted. Had 3 scored on them in less than four minutes.

Edit: Wings just tied it back up as I hit send. lol

TMoore4075 02-24-2015 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15838953)
Flipped on Ducks/Wings and the wings just totally melted. Had 3 scored on them in less than four minutes.

Edit: Wings just tied it back up as I hit send. lol

Woke up in the middle of the night (of course I wasn't staying up for the game) and just saw the final and thought "hey a point on the road to start the 6 game trip 2-0-1" not bad. Then this morning, saw how it happened. Sucks they gave up 3 quick ones, but glad they were able to come back and tie it. Three points back of Tampa with 4 games in hand still, I'm ok with that. Tonight will be tough with one of the hottest teams in the league. Struggling a bit defenively the last few games. If they want to make any noise in the playoffs they might need to do something. Granted still no Quincey last night and no Hank but still, they were dominating most of that game.

Finally, how hot is Pavel right now? Damn.

TMoore4075 02-24-2015 05:18 AM

Just saw Krejci out 4-6 weeks. That could be the rest of the year.

barbogast 02-24-2015 06:50 AM

So just saw this on a Caps fan page discussing possible trade targets:

"Trading Alzner for Jordan Eberle would be a great way to improve our defense. Could you imagine seeing Eberle out there next to Green or Carlson?! I'm in!"

The commenter was 100% serious. Sometimes with these people, I'd like to beat them in the head with sticks and tell them to go back to watching the Redskins.

~Crashintome89~ 02-24-2015 06:53 AM

The maple leafs twitter account is great. Couple of days ago someone tweeted at them and said whoever runs their twitter is hilarious. The Leafs posted a picture of a stuffed Kermit the Frog at a keyboard. I replied to that saying, "Well that explains so much about their franchise." They tweeted a .gif of Kermit the Frog back at me shaking his head. :lol :lol

TMoore4075 02-24-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15839166)
So just saw this on a Caps fan page discussing possible trade targets:

"Trading Alzner for Jordan Eberle would be a great way to improve our defense. Could you imagine seeing Eberle out there next to Green or Carlson?! I'm in!"

The commenter was 100% serious. Sometimes with these people, I'd like to beat them in the head with sticks and tell them to go back to watching the Redskins.

There are stupid fans in every group. That's a good one though.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-24-2015 09:10 AM

CBJ reportedly shopping Wiz after he was a healthy scratch Sunday night.

Only rumor I've seen is to the Wings for Pulkkinen and a draft pick.

TMoore4075 02-24-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15839444)
CBJ reportedly shopping Wiz after he was a healthy scratch Sunday night.

Only rumor I've seen is to the Wings for Pulkkinen and a draft pick.

Hell to the no. Leading scorer of the AHL and a draft pick for an overpriced D man? I'm gonna guess that isn't happening.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-24-2015 09:15 AM

:lol it's funny because all of the jackets fans posting about that rumor are saying they should get more back.

i assume CBJ would retain salary.

TMoore4075 02-24-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15839464)
:lol it's funny because all of the jackets fans posting about that rumor are saying they should get more back.

i assume CBJ would retain salary.

Oh yeah. Kronwall makes more than him. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay him $5.5 per for another 2 years?

Rebecca De Mornay 02-24-2015 09:24 AM

no he's not nearly worth that but he still is a good puck posession d-man and good offensive threat.

as long as he's paired with a stay at home guy he will benefit a team.
CBJ just has a lot of young defenseman right now that i think they want to get more playing time now that it looks like this season is officially lost.

TMoore4075 02-24-2015 10:08 AM

I'd take him if CBJ ate part of the salary, but NOT if that was the asking price. Pulkkinen's shot has been compared to Brett Hull's and as said the leading scorer in the AHL. If Jackets are asking that, they don't really want to move him. lol Although Wiz has a no-trade doesn't he? He made it sorta clear he didn't want to come here back in 2011 so not sure he'd want to waive it to come here.