Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Rebecca De Mornay 01-05-2015 07:46 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

also, thoughts on CBJ/Avs game last night Matty?

was nice to see Savard get one back after that horrible turnover 30 seconds in.

What happened to the Avs though? they are just not the team they were last year although it appears to be all the same guys. There has to be talk of them moving Iginla, no?

lockman21 01-05-2015 11:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap54xsnyd1U

:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine

TMoore4075 01-05-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15740708)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap54xsnyd1U

:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine

Not at all random.

lockman21 01-05-2015 12:17 PM

Dave Bolland withdrawal.

TMoore4075 01-05-2015 12:25 PM

Team's sitting second in the division, and will have even more decisions to make this offseason without him, I think you're ok. Although can't look directly at their cap situation with no capgeek.... :(

~Crashintome89~ 01-05-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15740013)
Way to blow our chance to get to tip of eastern conference by having maybe worst game of season vs oilers,

Can't believe I got up early to watch the rest of this debacle.

yo brah, calm yourself.

btw, want McDonald back?

fonzz41 01-05-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15739985)
Sick pass from DK to Sharpie for that OT winner. Matty will like that slap pass from the point. Great vision. That's another reason why I love #2 back there for the Hawks.

Beautiful, beautiful work by Keith to not only pull off that no look pass right onto Sharpie's tape, but also to read that Spezza (who was marking Sharp) was anticipating the slapper and did not have Sharp covered.

Also, that play doesn't work if either of them is on their off hand. Awesome for Keith to notice that as well.

fonzz41 01-05-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15740269)
also, thoughts on CBJ/Avs game last night Matty?

was nice to see Savard get one back after that horrible turnover 30 seconds in.

What happened to the Avs though? they are just not the team they were last year although it appears to be all the same guys. There has to be talk of them moving Iginla, no?

I didn't catch the game last night, but from the looks of it there was some good moments.

The frustrating thing is I cannot point to one overarching thing that's different about the Avs. A couple pieces are different, but the core is the same. I think teams aren't as surprised by them anymore, and that's made a difference. The writers all point to defense, which I agree with. But if anything, I think they're a little BETTER on the back end than they were last year. So they can't point to that as the fix-all solution. I know it can sometimes be seen as a cop-out excuse, but I sort of think it's growing pains. A young unit just going through some tough times as they grow. I've been encouraged lately to see them putting together better stretches of play than they were at the start of the season. Having stability back in net and guys like MacKinnon finding their form has helped with that. So there's improvement. Enough to rescue the season? perhaps not, but enough to hopefully rebuild that foundation. They DEFINITELY don't have the swagger they had last season. They wouldn't admit it, but I think their first round exit to the Wild, followed by the crappy start to this season, really messed with their young psyche.

I don't think Iggy is on the move. He's actually been somewhat of a bright spot. 25 points ain't bad considering how the overall team has performed. I can't speak to what kind of leader he's been behind closed doors, but I hope there's something going on there.

O'Reilly seems to be the big piece of trade bait, and I'm OK with that - as much as I like the guy. His play has picked up as of late, which has to increase his appeal. I can't tell you how much I would love an O'Reilly for Yandle deal.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-05-2015 01:39 PM

i just meant trying to move Iggy to a team that has a better chance of winning the cup this year.

he was one of the better players on the ice last night for the avs.

pathetic 01-05-2015 01:44 PM

would love iggy back in boston. they aren't winning the cup though

fonzz41 01-05-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15740966)
i just meant trying to move Iggy to a team that has a better chance of winning the cup this year.

he was one of the better players on the ice last night for the avs.

OK, I see what you mean. :thumbsup He gave that a shot the last couple seasons and it didn't work out, which is too bad.

He has mentioned that there were two big reasons he chose Colorado: The potential of the team, and the youth hockey for his kids. Apparently it's pretty good there, enough to make him perk up. So at this point, I'm wondering if he's thinking more about family stability (Denver IS an awesome city to live in, IMO) than getting the Cup. That's just me talking out my ass though, no evidence to back it up.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-05-2015 01:53 PM

I think he picked Colorado because he called Borque and asked for advice :lol

fonzz41 01-05-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15740989)
I think he picked Colorado because he called Borque and asked for advice :lol

:lol

Bourque voicemail to Iggy, the day after Iggy signed: "Hey, it's Ray. So, uh, I kinda forgot that Sakic, Blake, Roy (sorta), Forsberg, Foote, and Drury aren't on the team any more. You might want to think twice, buddy."

~Crashintome89~ 01-05-2015 06:46 PM

omg canada is going to blow another gold medal game.

swordo84 01-05-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15741410)
omg canada is going to blow another gold medal game.

You bite your tongue.

This game is all around mental.

swordo84 01-05-2015 07:35 PM

Phew!!! Goooooooooooooooooooold.

My favourite 10 days of hockey comes to a fitting conclusion. Now, back to cheering for a bunch of losers.

lockman21 01-05-2015 08:19 PM

Top 3 selling NHL jerseys in 2014 in order:

1) Kane
2) Crosby
3) Toews

JRS1386 01-05-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15741531)
Top 3 selling NHL jerseys in 2014 in order:

1) Kane
2) Crosby
3) Toews

You spelled OMGCG wrong three times.

mr.MikeD 01-05-2015 08:27 PM

That was stressful. Pretty impressive group of kids.

fonzz41 01-05-2015 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15741537)
You spelled OMGCG wrong three times.

I'm willing to bet there was only one Foote Avs third uni sold in all of 2014. And I am its proud owner.

salrx95 01-06-2015 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15740909)
yo brah, calm yourself.

btw, want McDonald back?

Ha ha. Nah. I'm calm. But the oilers ??? Needed that game.

And you can keep Amac. Good bottom pair but exposed at big minutes vs the big boys. Good guy , though.

lockman21 01-06-2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15741605)

I'm willing to bet there was only one Foote Avs third uni sold in all of 2014. And I am its proud owner.

:lol:lol:lol

I wouldn't say I'm shocked, but at least a little surprised to see Kane overtake Crosby as the #1 selling sweater.

TMoore4075 01-06-2015 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15741605)

If you want to be unique, get a Foote CBJ one.

TMoore4075 01-06-2015 06:27 AM

Been trying to turn off the notifications on my phone about tweets from people I follow or ones I might be intersted in, but today I'm glad it did. Carlyle out in TO. how much money does that waste first? Second, the Babs rumors will go fucking nuts now.

~Crashintome89~ 01-06-2015 06:31 AM

Babcock will definitely not go to the wasteland.

I see him in DET, PIT, or PHI next season.

TMoore4075 01-06-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15741799)
Babcock will definitely not go to the wasteland.

I see him in DET, PIT, or PHI next season.

Those would be my top places probably, Detroit still makes the most sense to me. Philly isn't much better, no offense. They just can't seem to be patient and get it right. Pens, fire their brand new coach, who is doing well, especially with their injuries...again? I understand for the best coach, you do it, but I'd lose a little respect for them cause that would be pretty shitty. Minny is place that will probably need a new coach, but they have issues too. Detroit just makes too much sense. Good now, good in the future with Mantha, Larkin and others, and great ownership. Obviously I'm biased, but trying to be as objective as possible here. Also, he hates when media pushes into stupid shit, like his contract negotiations, increase that by 1000 in TO.

Back to the OT shit though, what a cluster fuck. Can't say much more than that.

swordo84 01-06-2015 06:51 AM

Would love to see a Babcock extension announced today :lol

TMoore4075 01-06-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15741837)
Would love to see a Babcock extension announced today :lol

That would be hilarious. Sadly, he seems set on waiting until the season is done. He's probably happy they are done playing the Leafs to not have to answers that question every time they play.

Rebecca De Mornay 01-06-2015 07:03 AM

babcock would be dumb to leave detroit.

i don't even need to back that up with opinions, it's just a fact.

fonzz41 01-06-2015 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15741728)
:lol:lol:lol

I wouldn't say I'm shocked, but at least a little surprised to see Kane overtake Crosby as the #1 selling sweater.

Yeah, me too. I think it, along with the all-star starting rosters, are just two inidcators to how popular the Blackhawks are right now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15741752)
If you want to be unique, get a Foote CBJ one.

This is actually on my list. I really want one.

Becs - if you happen to see one in the trash somewhere, do me a solid and send it my way?
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15741822)
Those would be my top places probably, Detroit still makes the most sense to me.

Yeah, I can't see him leaving Detroit yet.