Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 12-05-2015 09:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Yo, the Flyers are actually winning games.

JRS1386 12-05-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16211872)
Yo, the Flyers are actually winning games.

Its a Christmas miracle, Charlie Brown

TMoore4075 12-05-2015 06:50 PM

Woooow now that was a fun OT. Wings down 4-2 halfway through the third and tie it late and win in OT. The last few sequences were crazy. 7-0-3 in their last 10.

salrx95 12-05-2015 07:39 PM

Tough ot loss but still 14 of last possible 16 points and this was our 6th game in 9 days.

Pissed I forgot to set my fantasy line up and Weber and his hattie with 3 ppg are on my bench. Still winning the week but that's annoying.

TMoore4075 12-06-2015 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16212194)
Tough ot loss but still 14 of last possible 16 points and this was our 6th game in 9 days.

Pissed I forgot to set my fantasy line up and Weber and his hattie with 3 ppg are on my bench. Still winning the week but that's annoying.

Thanks for blowing lead late douche. ;)

lockman21 12-06-2015 11:57 AM

Fuck it, let's just make the league 3 on 3 all the time.

https://streamable.com/axt4

How awesome.

TMoore4075 12-06-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16212511)

How awesome.

Had my heart going. After Abby was stoned and it was a 3 on 1 with Datsyuk back on D I crapped my pants but the. I was happy. Such an amazing couple of sequences.

salrx95 12-06-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16212398)
Thanks for blowing lead late douche. ;)

I didn't blow anything. I was sitting on my couch. :lol

TMoore4075 12-06-2015 04:48 PM

When the Wings won it I was thinking the Sens lost cause last I saw it was 2-0. When I saw the final I said "damn it Isles!"

lockman21 12-06-2015 06:14 PM

Was at the Hawks game tonight. Kane extends the point streak to 22 games in a row, breaking Bobby Hull's franchise record.

Lcsulla 12-06-2015 08:55 PM

Nice win, though I am not sure the refs got the call correct when they waived off Kruger's goal. Holy shit is Kane on fire, made us wait a bit tonight to get his point an an assist on an admittedly empty net but he is just playing out of his mind right now. It is just great to watch. Would love to see him keep up this play for another few month and extend his streak and make a serious run at Gretzky's record! Nice to see Teravainen get his head in the game and get out of his slump!

Also, hope Daley is OK, that looked like it hurt like a motherfucker!

hailtopitt 12-07-2015 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16212511)

How awesome.

https://d12edgf4lwbh8j.cloudfront.ne...age/Circus.gif

TMoore4075 12-07-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16213055)

This is so much better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEz1u4xHHsQ

hailtopitt 12-07-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16213099)

6 in one half a dozen in the other IMO

TMoore4075 12-07-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16213105)
6 in one half a dozen in the other IMO

So there is a difference. ;)

In other hockey news, Semin has his ass kicked off the Habs. We should have all seen this coming.

dmbetc 12-07-2015 12:11 PM

Kings don't look too shabby. Weird to see them scoring a lot.

dmbetc 12-07-2015 02:15 PM

Matty, I sent out the mystery gift yesterday and forgot to put any note or anything in it. My name should be on the return label..but you'll know it's from me once you open it.

I hope you get some alone time with it.

lockman21 12-07-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16213055)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

TMoore4075 12-07-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16213701)
Matty, I sent out the mystery gift yesterday and forgot to put any note or anything in it. My name should be on the return label..but you'll know it's from me once you open it.

Can't believe you actually mailed him Adam Foote. ;-)

kev87lads 12-07-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16213834)

It's not that big of a box. It's just Adam's Foot. So the gift is creepy.

TMoore4075 12-08-2015 05:14 AM

Thanks, Nashville. That helped a lot.

salrx95 12-08-2015 05:28 AM

So my brother is in Philly tonight, meeting a long time friend who is coming up from Maryland. They are going to the game and my bro will be representing. He gives zero fucks so I hope he gets a nice friendly welcome in the city of brotherly love.

barbogast 12-08-2015 05:35 AM

Timmy is Mike Green still injured? Was really hoping he would be in tonight since it's the Wings only visit to DC this year

TMoore4075 12-08-2015 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16214121)
Timmy is Mike Green still injured? Was really hoping he would be in tonight since it's the Wings only visit to DC this year

He's been healthy the last month. Been playing a lot better the last few weeks. Knew it would take some time to find his niche though.

barbogast 12-08-2015 05:56 AM

Why in the world did I think he was still out? I've been so out of the loop. I hate December.

That's awesome though. I'm sure he's been looking forward to this one.

dmbetc 12-08-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16214137)
Why in the world did I think he was still out? I've been so out of the loop. I hate December.

That's awesome though. I'm sure he's been looking forward to this one.

maybe you're thinking of Matt Greene on the Kings?

dmbetc 12-08-2015 12:08 PM

Dupuis calling it a career. I was wondering how long that would last. Too bad.

fonzz41 12-08-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16213701)

I've told my family that as soon as the package arrives, they're out of the house for the night.

(Thanks pal, I'm still flattered)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16213834)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16214044)
It's not that big of a box. It's just Adam's Foot. So the gift is creepy.

:lol:lol:lol

Dramageek 12-08-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16214834)
Dupuis calling it a career. I was wondering how long that would last. Too bad.

I was afraid of this happening. But you can't screw around with blood clots. I feel bad for him because he was really having a great career resurgence with the Pens and he seemed like a great guy all around. Shame.

hailtopitt 12-08-2015 12:17 PM

#LoVE you Pascal Dupuis :hug

TMoore4075 12-08-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16214840)
I've told my family that as soon as the package arrives, they're out of the house for the night.

(Thanks pal, I'm still flattered)

:lol:lol:lol

Should I be sending you some towels?

fonzz41 12-08-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16214888)
Should I be sending you some towels?

And some lotion, if you can spare it.

TMoore4075 12-08-2015 05:15 PM

Larkin continues to impress me.

Climb2safety 12-08-2015 07:26 PM

Oshie and Kuznetsov making it look easy in the shootout.

lockman21 12-08-2015 08:03 PM

88 in red gets an EN goal tonight.

23 straight games with a point. 600th career point.

fonzz41 12-09-2015 10:51 AM

You guys, Peter Forsberg: https://www.facebook.com/coloradoava...07345/?theater

fonzz41 12-09-2015 10:56 AM

I'm feeling all nostalgic after the Avs 20 year ceremony on Monday. They had the fans vote on a 20th Anniversary Team. Some of those voted in were no-brainers, and some brought the lulz:

Forwards:
Matt Duchene
Valeri Kamensky
Adam Deadmarsh
Joe Sakic
Peter Forsberg
Claude Lemieux
Milan Hejduk
Stephane Yelle
Paul Stastny
Chris Drury
Alex Tanguay
Gabriel Landeskog

Defensemen:
Rob Blake
JM Liles :lol
Erik Johnson
Sandis Ozolinsh
Adam Foote
Ray Bourque

Goalies:
Semyon Varlamov
Patrick Roy

UCFish 12-09-2015 11:34 AM

Hoping next game Kane can get it done before the very end. It is real stressful.

salrx95 12-10-2015 06:25 AM

Everybody see that sweet move by Okposo the other night. I sure hope we resign him.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/12/...th-game-winner

hailtopitt 12-10-2015 06:32 AM

i hope Matty shows up today

i want his insight on how/why Reto Berra gets so rattled when people are in his grill. he'd fit in perfectly on the Penguins

last night was a super entertaining game though. Avalanche are fun to watch, they can really skate. downside might be the fact that the Penguins winning in an impressive fashion may keep Mike Johnston around longer than he should be. he needs to go and the Penguins need to start scoring. fuck this boring system

side note: really nice to see the Pens wearing #9 decals on their helmets the rest of the year. Duper is loved by everyone and i hope he stays in the organization

aeroshady 12-10-2015 07:10 AM

Looking forward to the Rangers returning from their Thanksgiving to Christmas Holiday break...

fonzz41 12-10-2015 07:55 AM

An absolutely heartbreaking story in the Player's Tribune by Patrick O'Sullivan. Hurt to read, but important stuff for hockey parents and future hockey parents out there.

Quote:

Either you have it or you don’t. Screaming at your kid in the car on the way to a hockey game isn’t going to get them to the next level. Having a 12-year-old kid run six miles after practice isn’t going to turn them into Jonathan Toews.

You know when you actually get good at sports? When you’re having fun and being creative. When you’re being a kid. When you don’t even realize you’re getting better, that’s when you’re getting better. If you’re not engaged in what you’re doing, it’s as helpful as taking the trash out. It’s just another chore.

fonzz41 12-10-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16216961)
i hope Matty shows up today

i want his insight on how/why Reto Berra gets so rattled when people are in his grill. he'd fit in perfectly on the Penguins

last night was a super entertaining game though. Avalanche are fun to watch, they can really skate. downside might be the fact that the Penguins winning in an impressive fashion may keep Mike Johnston around longer than he should be. he needs to go and the Penguins need to start scoring. fuck this boring system

I didn't catch the game last night, but glad to hear you enjoyed it and you're seeing what I'm seeing with the Avalanche: Loads of talent, but missing some of those intangibles, some of that heart that it takes to be a great team. There's guys like Cody McLeod and Gabriel Landeskog with seemingly enough heart for an entire continent, but unless you're getting that same buy-in from everyone, it's not going to work out.

Berra getting rattled is indicative of the whole team, who has a big problem with playing a full 60 minutes (as you saw last night). Berra in particular though is kind of a softy. I wish Roy could magically transfer some of his steel nerves into Reto. In any case, Reto probably won't be around next season.

That is very cool to hear about the Pens wearing #9. Dupuis is one of those pure hockey players who will be missed.

kev87lads 12-10-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16217075)
An absolutely heartbreaking story in the Player's Tribune by Patrick O'Sullivan. Hurt to read, but important stuff for hockey parents and future hockey parents out there.

Was a stunning read. Brave of him to tell the story. Details make you sad and mad.

fonzz41 12-10-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Sorry for not including link: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/pat...van-nhl-abuse/

socopithy 12-10-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Damn, hard to read for sure - but thanks for the heads up. Glad I read it.

Link for the lazy: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/pat...van-nhl-abuse/

fonzz41 12-10-2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16217094)
Was a stunning read. Brave of him to tell the story. Details make you sad and mad.

:thumbsup As I get more into coaching my kids, I almost want to give a copy of this article to the parents of every kid on the team at the start of the season.

hailtopitt 12-10-2015 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16217092)
I didn't catch the game last night, but glad to hear you enjoyed it and you're seeing what I'm seeing with the Avalanche: Loads of talent, but missing some of those intangibles, some of that heart that it takes to be a great team. There's guys like Cody McLeod and Gabriel Landeskog with seemingly enough heart for an entire continent, but unless you're getting that same buy-in from everyone, it's not going to work out.

Berra getting rattled is indicative of the whole team, who has a big problem with playing a full 60 minutes (as you saw last night). Berra in particular though is kind of a softy. I wish Roy could magically transfer some of his steel nerves into Reto. In any case, Reto probably won't be around next season.

That is very cool to hear about the Pens wearing #9. Dupuis is one of those pure hockey players who will be missed.

i found myself thinking last night that maybe Patrick Roy isn't the right guy for that team. i really like Roy, both as a player and a coach, and the arrow was pointing way up after his first season behind the bench

but since then, it seems to be a bit stale out there. loads of talent and speed but they are just missing something.

the Soderberg to Johnson goal (skip to 1:08) was a thing of beauty though. really showcased the Av's skating ability

salrx95 12-10-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16217092)

Didn't catch the game? What kind of fan are you to skip a game?

Agree about Dupuis. Always hate it when guys can't go out on their own terms. Hope he lives a healthy life from here on out.

dmbetc 12-10-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Have his book on my christmas list.

UCFish 12-10-2015 11:35 AM

Crazy story....real sad

Lcsulla 12-10-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16216080)
Hoping next game Kane can get it done before the very end. It is real stressful.

Agreed, last two games he has waited until the very end! Be nice to see him get an early point tonight. Then he will only need to score a point in the next game to tie Sidney Crosby for the longest streak in the modern ear! Guy is just on fire right now, so great to watch all these games. Get it done Kane because after Crosby yo will only really be chasing Gretzky for the all time record and will need points in like 20+ straight more games!

salrx95 12-10-2015 02:12 PM

The O'Sullivan story is really makin the rounds. My wife, who cares nothing about pro sports, came across the article in her Facebook feed somehow and then she read and shared it.

fonzz41 12-10-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16217143)
i found myself thinking last night that maybe Patrick Roy isn't the right guy for that team. i really like Roy, both as a player and a coach, and the arrow was pointing way up after his first season behind the bench

but since then, it seems to be a bit stale out there. loads of talent and speed but they are just missing something.

the Soderberg to Johnson goal (skip to 1:08) was a thing of beauty though. really showcased the Av's skating ability

Agreed. I was really vocal in skepticism when he was hired, but then kinda ate crow after the first season. Now I'm thinking perhaps I was right.

He's a good coach who's had success at lower levels, but I agree that there's something missing. Remember in his first game how he almost pushed over the glass trying to get at Randy Carlyle? A part me thinks we need THAT Patrick Roy back. It got criticized at the time, but it's kind of inspiring as a player to see your coach be willing to do that for you.

Joe Sakic has made it clear that Roy's job is not in jeopardy this season, and the fact that they're buddies probably validates that, but you have to think that if they suck beyond this year with this kind of talent, something will give.
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16217147)
Didn't catch the game? What kind of fan are you to skip a game?

My heart can only take so much.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16217430)
Have his book on my christmas list.

I wasn't aware there was a book... I don't know if I could handle it. I'm such a softie when it comes to kids, abuse, etc.
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16217786)
The O'Sullivan story is really makin the rounds. My wife, who cares nothing about pro sports, came across the article in her Facebook feed somehow and then she read and shared it.

Fantastic to hear. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am of its importance. And it's definitely relevant to non-hockey circles, even non-sports circles.

fonzz41 12-10-2015 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys, Sarah wins the award for everything.

Thanks, pal! He is displayed proudly at my desk!

dmbetc 12-10-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16217832)
You guys, Sarah wins the award for everything.

Thanks, pal! He is displayed proudly at my desk!

:lol:lol this makes it so worth it!

TMoore4075 12-10-2015 03:42 PM

Started reading the story but this stupid thing called work got in the way. Going back to finish now.

Lcsulla 12-10-2015 07:28 PM

Well he made us wait until early in the third period but Kane got it done with a beauty of a wrist shot. Not liking the fact that we were still down 2 goals with ten minutes left though against fucking Nashville!

dmbetc 12-10-2015 08:05 PM

I entered a yahoo daily fantasy thing for $5 tonight. The top 170 people get double their money back. I ranked 171.

Welcome to my life fellas.

TMoore4075 12-11-2015 03:35 AM

Finished the O'Sullivan story, that is so fucked up. We've all seen crazy parents but this is beyond that, or maybe it isn't. Maybe we just see that part and there is more at home.

salrx95 12-11-2015 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16218029)
I entered a yahoo daily fantasy thing for $5 tonight. The top 170 people get double their money back. I ranked 171.

Welcome to my life fellas.

That stinks.

I've been playing daily fantasy sports for over a year now (mostly NFL) and it's incredibly frustrating yet so much fun and addicting.

TMoore4075 12-11-2015 05:19 AM

In hockey news, thanks Tampa cause that helped the Wings out. Second, while my boys haven't played the best hockey, nice that they are finding ways to win and/or get points. 8-0-4 is impressive but the thing is they can still play better.

barbogast 12-11-2015 06:59 AM

The O'Sullivan story. Wow. Pretty fucked up read. I know most of you come from areas where hockey is a much bigger deal than it is where I'm from, but I can't even imagine something like this happening when I was a kid playing hockey at the one ice rink in town. Surely it's not strictly a hockey thing though, I'm sure many of the really impressive athletes that come from the Charlottesville/Central VA area have experienced something similar. Just so sad how far parents will take this stuff. Especially now that I have a kid, damn. I can't even imagine.

barbogast 12-11-2015 07:00 AM

Also, Jagr's been so hard to dislike lately with all his recent antics, but seriously. Fuck that guy. I hope he never scores again and stays tied with Dionne forever. Ass.

edit: he can keep being awesome on twitter though. I've enjoyed that :lol

barbogast 12-11-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16218014)
Well he made us wait until early in the third period but Kane got it done with a beauty of a wrist shot. Not liking the fact that we were still down 2 goals with ten minutes left though against fucking Nashville!

....beauty of a wrist shot? What are you talking about? More like goal that maybe shouldn't have even counted based on how the goalie interference rule has been applied this year.

hailtopitt 12-11-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16218365)
Also, Jagr's been so hard to dislike lately with all his recent antics, but seriously. Fuck that guy. I hope he never scores again and stays tied with Dionne forever. Ass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16218377)
....beauty of a wrist shot? What are you talking about? More like goal that maybe shouldn't have even counted based on how the goalie interference rule has been applied this year.

you're in a good mood today :lol

Dramageek 12-11-2015 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16218365)

Gotta both love Jagr and love to hate him. :lol He's clearly not "dying alive" right now.

And that O'Sullivan story, Jesus. Parents need to stop living vicariously through their children.

lockman21 12-11-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Refs made the right call.

barbogast 12-11-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16218583)

Never said they didn't.

But then again,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=GgxEZuevSp4

Either way "beauty of a wrist shot" isn't what happened

JRS1386 12-11-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Keep the heat coming.

Good to see Giroux have a 3 point game.

Lcsulla 12-11-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16218583)

Agreed, he pulled that puck across the crease and wristed it right home. Just fundamental play by a top tier guy.

Nice to see him extend his streak again tonight and NOT make us wait 40+ minutes of something. Great game by Toews as well. Another shutout for Crawford and damn was it nice to see Daley back on the ice!

Strange they'd send Dano down though, he was not playing great but he was making an impact.

aeroshady 12-12-2015 05:15 AM

Okay, now I'm starting to reach for the panic button for New York. Team is crashing and burning. The way they have played their last nine games is alarming. Won't be too long before they find themselves out of a playoff spot if this continues.

Really hope this is just the crap part of the season that most teams have and that they turn it around for the rest of the year.

Dramageek 12-12-2015 09:09 AM

Pens fire Mike Johnston to the surprise of almost no one. They replace him with Mike Sullivan from Wilkes-Barre. This plan will work, right?!

TMoore4075 12-12-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16219451)
Pens fire Mike Johnston to the surprise of almost no one. They replace him with Mike Sullivan from Wilkes-Barre. This plan will work, right?!

Worked the last time they fired the big league guy and replaced with a minor league guy right?

Roose13 12-12-2015 09:38 AM

Pens wasting the two best players in the world right now.

Dramageek 12-12-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16219456)
Worked the last time they fired the big league guy and replaced with a minor league guy right?

My thoughts exactly! It can work again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16219457)

Seriously. Though Geno has been killing it lately. I don't think Johnston was terrible. What he was doing just wasn't working with the Pens. I just don't know why he was hired in the first place. That whole Shero Bylsma firing was handled very bizarrely.

mr.MikeD 12-12-2015 12:42 PM

Oilers with 5 straight wins and Taylor Hall sitting in 4th in points. Could they be turning into something like a hockey team?

lockman21 12-12-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Patrick Kane isn't on the Pens.

salrx95 12-12-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Are we back in 2010?

Isles with a team record 5th straight OT game tonight. Okposo on fire. Have I mentioned we need to resign him. Unbeaten in regulation in 9 straight.

barbogast 12-12-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16219543)
Braden Holtby isn't on the Pens.

Fixed that for ya

aeroshady 12-13-2015 05:36 AM

Rangers officially suck. Not sure what happened to this team, but they may miss the playoffs without major changes soon. Still a lot of season left, but this last month of hockey has been amature hour.

JRS1386 12-13-2015 06:13 AM

Ranger fans starting to sound like Blackhawk fans when their team struggles at all. Just make sure when you jump overboard you leave a ladder down to climb back onboard when things right themselves out

kev87lads 12-13-2015 06:48 AM

Seriously. They have Lundqvist, are still 18-9 and whatever and have the 4th best record in the NHL. Relax blueshirts. Scrubs.

TMoore4075 12-13-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16219543)
Patrick Kane isn't on the Pens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16219748)
Fixed that for ya

Such disrespect for John Scott here..geez.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16219769)
Ranger fans starting to sound like Blackhawk fans when their team struggles at all. Just make sure when you jump overboard you leave a ladder down to climb back onboard when things right themselves out

This..

lockman21 12-13-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16219765)
Rangers officially suck. Not sure what happened to this team, but they may miss the playoffs without major changes soon. Still a lot of season left, but this last month of hockey has been amature hour.

Take it easy, dude.

Roose13 12-13-2015 08:49 AM

I knew everyone would get all pissy that I called Geno and Sid the best :lol don't be so literal you pansies.

barbogast 12-13-2015 10:25 AM

We got pissy?

lockman21 12-13-2015 04:49 PM

Kane with another assist. 26 game point streak. Now ahead of Crosby's 25 game streak in 2010, making him the longest point streak since 1992-93.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Szayrye3fc

DMBZeppelin 12-13-2015 04:53 PM

Feeling pretty good about this streak going 82 games.

salrx95 12-13-2015 06:06 PM

Dominating performance tonight. Griess, who is quickly becoming the top backup in the league so far, with the shutout.

Now 8-0-2 in our last 10 and passed the Rag$ tonight. Sure would be great if it can stay that way.

aeroshady 12-14-2015 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16219769)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16219779)
Seriously. They have Lundqvist, are still 18-9 and whatever and have the 4th best record in the NHL. Relax blueshirts. Scrubs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16219803)
Take it easy, dude.

:lol

I am taking it easy! Just expressing my frustration with their play over the last month. I was pretty calm through most of it, but their trip to western Canada has me worried.

TMoore4075 12-14-2015 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16220432)

I am taking it easy! Just expressing my frustration with their play over the last month. I was pretty calm through most of it, but their trip to western Canada has me worried.

Because the Western Canadian teams are 3 of the bottom 6 in the West??

barbogast 12-14-2015 07:40 AM

When the Caps went through western Canada they crushed it. Because, ya know...

Caps > Rags

aeroshady 12-14-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16220450)
Because the Western Canadian teams are 3 of the bottom 6 in the West??

Yes. They lost to three teams that are under .500 and they looked bad in all of those games for the most part. Not a good sign. Hopefully this is just a slump in the season and not the new normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16220613)
When the Caps went through western Canada they crushed it. Because, ya know...

Caps > Rags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDZEd2IRpfE

A reminder for you...

:trap

barbogast 12-14-2015 08:09 AM

You just wait. This year's the year. Caps are the real deal this time.

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Dramageek 12-14-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16220646)

They need to avoid going up 3-1 in a playoff series.

barbogast 12-14-2015 08:17 AM

They're just so full of hope this year. There's basically nothing to dislike. Scary good (and responsible) top two lines. Two elite centers. A handful of solid checkers and role guys. A top 4 that's as deep as anyone's, plus the not-so-surprising breakout seasons from Schmidt and Orlov. A team togetherness and swagger, and a lack of panic that shows pretty much all the time. Not to mention, perhaps the best goalie in hockey.

It makes my stomach hurt.

lockman21 12-14-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16220432)

Give it time. If they're out of the playoff race in February, then hit the panic button. I know it's rough when they go through these low points, but Stepan is huge for that team. He'll be back soon.

Quote:

lolz

aeroshady 12-14-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

:thumbsup

If the Rangers don't play you guys in the playoffs, I would be totally cool with the Caps making the Finals this year.

aeroshady 12-14-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16220676)
Give it time. If they're out of the playoff race in February, then hit the panic button. I know it's rough when they go through these low points, but Stepan is huge for that team. He'll be back soon.

I agree. I do think it is just a mid-season slump. I am mostly annoyed because this team can be so much better. Plus, I actually will have time to go to a game over the holiday break, but I am having second thoughts about dropping $200+ for a ticket when they are playing this way.