Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 07:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Doesn't look like I'm gonna make it up to the Island for the game tomorrow. All in all, that might not be a bad thing. If the Caps lose, I'll be sad. If the Caps win and close down the Coliseum, I might not make it out alive.

aeroshady 04-24-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15922970)
Tonight, we are all from Pittsburgh.

Today I shall talk funny, be annoying to everyone I see, I will over eat putting katsup on my pasta, I'm already on my 5th beer, and I'll probably tune into The History Channel and watch some highlights of my favorite sports teams.

Go Penguins!

:lol What are you on about??

Go Rangers!!

barbogast 04-24-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15922970)
Tonight, we are all from Pittsburgh.

Today I shall talk funny, be annoying to everyone I see, I will over eat putting katsup on my pasta, I'm already on my 5th beer, and I'll probably tune into The History Channel and watch some highlights of my favorite sports teams.

Go Penguins!

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...3/576/Wat8.jpg

jrkarger 04-24-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by climb2safety (Post 15922970)
tonight, we are all from pittsburgh.

Today i shall talk funny, be annoying to everyone i see, i will over eat putting katsup on my pasta, i'm already on my 5th beer, and i'll probably tune into the history channel and watch some highlights of my favorite sports teams.

Go penguins!

0/10.....

Climb2safety 04-24-2015 08:10 AM

Nobody benefits with the Rags sitting at home all weekend

unccrombie 04-24-2015 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15923041)
Nobody benefits with the Rags sitting at home all weekend

the rangers do

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 08:20 AM

At least thanks to the Hawks losing, I don't have to deal with NBC for game 5.

Dramageek 04-24-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15923055)
At least thanks to the Hawks losing, I don't have to deal with NBC for game 5.

:lol Small victories.

I really do want the Pens to win tonight, but I'm tired of false hope. A part of me just wants them to stick a fork in it, figure out what the hell went wrong this year (lots of injuries) and try again next year.

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15923060)
:lol Small victories.

I really do want the Pens to win tonight, but I'm tired of false hope. A part of me just wants them to stick a fork in it, figure out what the hell went wrong this year (lots of injuries) and try again next year.

Wings gave me some up 2-0 late last night. Then right back to where I thought. Glendening going to get repairs cost them huge. He's been big, but didn't realize how big. Now they have to win 2 of 3 instead of 1 of 3 and 2 of the final 3 at Tampa, where they are the best home team in the league. The start of game 5 will be huge. I think they gave them life though.

Dramageek 04-24-2015 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15923075)
Wings gave me some up 2-0 late last night. Then right back to where I thought. Glendening going to get repairs cost them huge. He's been big, but didn't realize how big. Now they have to win 2 of 3 instead of 1 of 3 and 2 of the final 3 at Tampa, where they are the best home team in the league. The start of game 5 will be huge. I think they gave them life though.

The Wings certainly have a much bigger hurdle to climb. Can't be blowing two-goal leads in the playoffs regardless of who has to go get repairs.

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15923092)
The Wings certainly have a much bigger hurdle to climb. Can't be blowing two-goal leads in the playoffs regardless of who has to go get repairs.

As soon as they made it 2-1 I knew it was over. If that would have been with like 2 left, I would have said no big deal but with almost 6 left, too much time for that team. I wish they would have just lost 4-1 because it would made it easier. Had false hope like you said. Outright losing is just easier to take.

Dramageek 04-24-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15923102)
As soon as they made it 2-1 I knew it was over. If that would have been with like 2 left, I would have said no big deal but with almost 6 left, too much time for that team. I wish they would have just lost 4-1 because it would made it easier. Had false hope like you said. Outright losing is just easier to take.

I heartily agree with this. Watching the Pens slowly lose control of Game 4 and then lose in overtime was a gut punch. A blowout would have been easier to stomach.

thechad90000 04-24-2015 09:01 AM

All I can think of is game 6 now. My work is suffering.

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechad90000 (Post 15923128)
All I can think of is game 6 now. My work is suffering.

Winning cures all. I'm sitting here thinking "fuck I just want game 5 over with."

fonzz41 04-24-2015 09:10 AM

I think the first round of the playoffs is my absolute favorite time of the year as far as the Ants NHL thread. You guys are great :lol

As the playoffs go on into later rounds, the fans of teams that were eliminated start to disappear again, and it's not nearly as fun.

To all the new guys posting, please stick around. It's great to have you.

And for the new Caps fans, it's kind of Ants NHL Thread shtick to make fun of the Caps. Just accept it, like Barbs has. No matter if they win the Cup or Ovi goes out and wins the Selke, they will always only be playoff failures and Ovi will never play defense as far as this thread is concerned. ;)

aeroshady 04-24-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15923155)
I think the first round of the playoffs is my absolute favorite time of the year as far as the Ants NHL thread. You guys are great :lol

As the playoffs go on into later rounds, the fans of teams that were eliminated start to disappear again, and it's not nearly as fun.

And for the new Caps fans, it's kind of Ants NHL Thread shtick to make fun of the Caps. Just accept it, like Barbs has. No matter if they win the Cup or Ovi goes out and wins the Selke, they will always only be playoff failures and Ovi will never play defense as far as this thread is concerned. ;)

Pretty sure if they win the cup the conversation would change haha.

Climb2safety 04-24-2015 09:29 AM

I hate the my game coming on at 1pm Sat. Kind of messes up the day.

Night games > day games.

fonzz41 04-24-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15923208)
Pretty sure if they win the cup the conversation would change haha.

No. We can't let that happen. We. Can't. Let. That. Happen.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15923251)
No. We can't let that happen. We. Can't. Let. That. Happen.

I don't think you're gonna have to worry about that. I want to win the Cup, but let's face it, still a really, really long shot.

Also, A+ thumbnail you got there.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-24-2015 10:09 AM

Ovie has really impressed me this series, he is playing hard in all zones

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 10:10 AM

A friend of mine, who is female, covers the NHL for a large outlet in her market. She knows hockey. She plays hockey. She just posted this on facebook:

"Today, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman told members of the media he doesn't see calling players by female names any different from goalies being called "sieves" players or players getting booed (in this instance, he was asked about fans calling Cory Perry 'Katy Perry' in chants). This is a problem. But the even bigger problem is what happened when I expressed as much on Twitter. I was told, almost immediately, that my opinions were invalid, that I was being too sensitive, that I was flat-out wrong. And it was all men who told me that. They're still going right now, TBH."

I've been amazed over the years at the amount of crap she's had to deal with/shrug off from male hockey fans.

~Crashintome89~ 04-24-2015 10:16 AM

I disagree on her first point, although personally I think it's really stupid to call Sidney Crosby Cindy. I find it irritating only because it's so bland and unoriginal. The Corey Perry thing is kind of funny though because Perry is a shit.

To her second point, that's a shame. Women writers are just as good as men, if not better. They offer up a different perspective and don't throw out the same old same old.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15923278)
I disagree on her first point, although personally I think it's really stupid to call Sidney Crosby Cindy. I find it irritating only because it's so bland and unoriginal. The Corey Perry thing is kind of funny though because Perry is a shit.

To her second point, that's a shame. Women writers are just as good as men, if not better. They offer up a different perspective and don't throw out the same old same old.

I can't speak for her, but I think she'd be fine with your disagreement with her first point. She's happy to discuss different opinions. But instead of that, she gets people telling her she's wrong because she's a woman, or that her opinion is invalid because she's a woman. And in the past, it's been "you shouldn't be in the locker room," or "you shouldn't be covering a man's game." Forget the fact that she's played her whole life. I often defend her on twitter by telling her trolls that she's better at hockey than they are.

She covers the Flyers, BTW :)

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15923155)

I'll definitely try to hang around. I tend to only be on Ants around tour time, and then only until I've seen my last show for the summer. But this thread has been really fun. So I'm going to try to stick with it. Even when the Caps are inevitably eliminated, and even when two teams I hate end up playing in the Final and I want them both to lose.

~Crashintome89~ 04-24-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923279)
I can't speak for her, but I think she'd be fine with your disagreement with her first point. She's happy to discuss different opinions. But instead of that, she gets people telling her she's wrong because she's a woman, or that her opinion is invalid because she's a woman. And in the past, it's been "you shouldn't be in the locker room," or "you shouldn't be covering a man's game." Forget the fact that she's played her whole life. I often defend her on twitter by telling her trolls that she's better at hockey than they are.

well fellas, looks like I'm about to put a ring on it then. :thumbsup

she has to dump covering the caps though, but she probably won't mind it. they stink anyway.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15923290)
well fellas, looks like I'm about to put a ring on it then. :thumbsup

she has to dump covering the caps though, but she probably won't mind it. they stink anyway.

She doesn't cover the Caps. She's a friend of mine from college. She lives in Philly, is a Flyers fan, plays hockey, and covers the Flyers/NHL. :thumbsup

~Crashintome89~ 04-24-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923296)
She doesn't cover the Caps. She's a friend of mine from college. She lives in Philly, is a Flyers fan, plays hockey, and covers the Flyers/NHL. :thumbsup

is her name sarah?

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15923297)
is her name sarah?

As a matter of fact, yes. Think you've probably figured out who I'm talking about (wasn't really trying to hide it).

~Crashintome89~ 04-24-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923298)
As a matter of fact, yes. Think you've probably figured out who I'm talking about (wasn't really trying to hide it).

that's cool. yeah, she puts up with a lot of stuff on twitter, but she's awesome. Big Pearl Jam fan too. But she's carved out a nice little career in Philly.

Roose13 04-24-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923279)

Is it Baicker? Now I need to check her FB status haha. Sarah is awesome. One of my favorite writers to chat with when I'm there covering games.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15923309)
Is it Baicker? Now I need to check her FB status haha. Sarah is awesome. One of my favorite writers to chat with when I'm there covering games.

Sure is. She's great. I haven't seen her in far too long, I keep missing her when she's in town covering a game, and I haven't been to Philly in a while.

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15923309)

I was wondering that too after I saw her tweets earlier.

~Crashintome89~ 04-24-2015 11:10 AM

gonna name drop sir bob to get me some brownie points.

Climb2safety 04-24-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 15923039)
0/10.....

You're right, 0/10, my apologies for dumbing up that page.

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 12:12 PM

Chiarelli to the Oilers huh? I think that's a great signing by them.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15923424)

And I just read that the Sharks are going to talk to Randy Carlyle which would just be lololololol

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923430)
And I just read that the Sharks are going to talk to Randy Carlyle which would just be lololololol

One team does good and the other...well. I think Randy is a good coach still (I mean the Leafs were BAD) but he's not gonna fix SJ much if at all. They are an aging group and need some changes to the players.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 12:22 PM

I'm waiting to hear Bylsma's name. With all the openings out there, he's gotta land a job somewhere.

RiotAct 04-24-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Gonna be so pissed if the fuckin' Oilers are contenders before the Sabres.

thechad90000 04-24-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15923134)
Winning cures all. I'm sitting here thinking "fuck I just want game 5 over with."

One game at a time. I loved the Preds reaction to being down last night. I said a few days ago that they wouldn't win 3 in a row, they still may not but damn, if they play like that then there's no stopping them.

Can it just be tomorrow?

fonzz41 04-24-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

I hate to admit that I actually agree with something Ken Campbell says, but this:

Quote:

Because as of today, with the addition of Chiarelli to the group, the Oilers have four men who are either current or former GMs running their hockey department – Chiarelli, Kevin Lowe, Craig MacTavish and Scott Howson – which is about three too many. It would stand to reason that Lowe and MacTavish would have to go, if for no other reason than it would be impossible for four guys with different backgrounds to come to much of a consensus on anything.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/is...-history-book/
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923430)

I think Carlyle could work in San Jose, but I agree with Tim (and I think what you're implying by your lol's) that more needs to happen there than just get a new coach. Some roster overhaul needs to be in the works. And I'm still a bit surprised that Wilson didn't get thrown out along with McLellan.

salrx95 04-24-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923435)
I'm waiting to hear Bylsma's name. With all the openings out there, he's gotta land a job somewhere.

If Capuano wins this series, he deserves to come back. If he doesn't, I want Bylsma only because Babcock is likely not an option. They need a coaching staff overhaul after not ending the season well and the special teams being a problem for much of the season. We need an upgrade on the bench to take this team to the next level. I respect and like Cappy but I have never thought he was that man. They have spent the money on the players finally. Now they need to do so on the bench.

fonzz41 04-24-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15923473)
If Capuano wins this series, he deserves to come back. If he doesn't, I want Bylsma only because Babcock is likely not an option. They need a coaching staff overhaul after not ending the season well and the special teams being a problem for much of the season. We need an upgrade on the bench to take this team to the next level. I respect and like Cappy but I have never thought he was that man. They have spent the money on the players finally. Now they need to do so on the bench.

This is an interesting opinion that I honestly didn't expect to hear. So do you view Capuano as more of a developmental coach? Someone that can kinda help players individually get to the level they need to be at in the NHL, but not quite "the" coach that can take a team all the way? Not trying to argue - honestly want to to know your thoughts.

One thing's for sure: This offseason will be just as exciting to see where coaches go as it will for players. A lot of big names out there.

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15923467)
I hate to admit that I actually agree with something Ken Campbell says, but this:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/is...-history-book/

I think Carlyle could work in San Jose, but I agree with Tim (and I think what you're implying by your lol's) that more needs to happen there than just get a new coach. Some roster overhaul needs to be in the works. And I'm still a bit surprised that Wilson didn't get thrown out along with McLellan.

Lowe has been removed from hockey ops and sounds like MacT will not have any say either. So that helps relieve that issue.

TMoore4075 04-24-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15923483)
One thing's for sure: This offseason will be just as exciting to see where coaches go as it will for players. A lot of big names out there.

I don't remember a year with so many coaching jobs being open or potentially being open.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15923500)
Lowe has been removed from hockey ops and sounds like MacT will not have any say either. So that helps relieve that issue.

I wonder if there's a chance MacT comes down behind the bench. He's a good coach, and he's gotta be salivating over the opportunity to coach a shiny new Connor McDavid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15923503)
I don't remember a year with so many coaching jobs being open or potentially being open.

Me either. And there's still a chance Boston could open up, as well as Pittsburgh if the Rangers finish the job and they think they have a chance to lure Babcock.

barbogast 04-24-2015 01:20 PM

I love that for once the Caps coaching staff isn't in flux

salrx95 04-24-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15923473)

I have always been a supporter of his. People have wanted him gone for years and he was hired because he was a Garth guy and was cheap and the Isles were all about the cheap for years. Just as many believe Weight is the coach in waiting. The bad PP lately is an indictment on him and the bloom is off that rose for me (not that it was ever in full bloom).

Let be clear. If we can upgrade to Babcock or even Bylsma, I consider that an upgrade to me from Cappy. I wouldn't fire him to make a lateral move or hire an inexperienced guy. We have lost out on our fair share of quality coaches in our hires since firing Lavy, from Coach Q, to Hitchcock, to Hartley mostly because Wang was/is cheap and was running a minimum cost operation.

Although they have sort of fixed the pk some (it was bad for much of the season), the PP has been a problem with no not answer to be found. IT has looked horrendous all series. The team took a step back last year and then a seemingly huge step forward this year until he last month when he couldn't stop the bleeding. I believe in most sports the coach can only do so much and that the players need to perform but I am just not convinced Capuano can take and lead this team to the next step.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 01:41 PM

Someone on Twitter nailed it:

Oilers: Here is our new GM.
Everyone: What happened to the old GM?
Oilers: ...Here is our new GM.

Dramageek 04-24-2015 04:21 PM

Well, that's that.

salrx95 04-24-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15923539)
I have always been a supporter of his. People have wanted him gone for years and he was hired because he was a Garth guy and was cheap and the Isles were all about the cheap for years. Just as many believe Weight is the coach in waiting. The bad PP lately is an indictment on him and the bloom is off that rose for me (not that it was ever in full bloom).

Let be clear. If we can upgrade to Babcock or even Bylsma, I consider that an upgrade to me from Cappy. I wouldn't fire him to make a lateral move or hire an inexperienced guy. We have lost out on our fair share of quality coaches in our hires since firing Lavy, from Coach Q, to Hitchcock, to Hartley mostly because Wang was/is cheap and was running a minimum cost operation.

Although they have sort of fixed the pk some (it was bad for much of the season), the PP has been a problem with no not answer to be found. IT has looked horrendous all series. The team took a step back last year and then a seemingly huge step forward this year until he last month when he couldn't stop the bleeding. I believe in most sports the coach can only do so much and that the players need to perform but I am just not convinced Capuano can take and lead this team to the next step.

I just saw and realized I had meant to quote Fonzz41 here about my thought process.

Get it done Pens!!

barbogast 04-24-2015 05:04 PM

Price, Rinne and Dubnyk named Vezina finalists. Obviously Price is gonna win. Pretty dumb to see Dubnyk get nominated.

barbogast 04-24-2015 05:18 PM

I know it's Rags/Pens night, but in case anyone isn't aware the Habs are struggling. I've only watched a handful of minutes while I flip between games, but it's been all Senators from what I've seen

dmbetc 04-24-2015 05:31 PM

I've realized with these playoffs I'm a "true" Kings fan now. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Rangers but I don't get nearly as excited as I used to and not close to what I felt during the Kings run last year.

mr.MikeD 04-24-2015 05:33 PM

Man the Oilers could sure use a Vezina candidate goalie like Devan Dubnyk

dmbetc 04-24-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15923731)
I know it's Rags/Pens night, but in case anyone isn't aware the Habs are struggling. I've only watched a handful of minutes while I flip between games, but it's been all Senators from what I've seen

I'd be so happy if the Sens stole that series.

DMBluedevils 04-24-2015 05:41 PM

Rangers just need to play so much better if they want to win the cup.

Dramageek 04-24-2015 05:51 PM

Well there you go Pens, giving me false hope! A tied third period in an elimination game. Should be fun!

Climb2safety 04-24-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15923751)
I'd be so happy if the Sens stole that series.

I was just going to ask....anyone giving Ottawa a chance come back and win the series?

barbogast 04-24-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15923760)
I was just going to ask....anyone giving Ottawa a chance come back and win the series?

It was Becca the other day that predicted it if they win tonight. Beginning to think he might be right.

aeroshady 04-24-2015 06:41 PM

Next goal either ends Pitts season or sends them home. OT time!

salrx95 04-24-2015 06:47 PM

I am working tomorrow until 6 so the Islanders game will likely be over by then. By the time I get home and watch it, it should be after 9. I will be way off the grid until after the game is over.

So basically, whatever happens, I am not off hiding, avoiding this thread or rejoicing or whatever. Well, hopefully rejoicing. I will check in late tomorrow night after I watch it.

Dramageek 04-24-2015 06:52 PM

Overtime in an elimination game. Should be even more fun!

Dramageek 04-24-2015 06:53 PM

It's supposed to be 62 and sunny on Sunday, a fine Spring day in Pittsburgh. Very welcoming for the Rags should they come to visit.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15923792)
Overtime in an elimination game. Should be even more fun!

Anyone doing the #bucciovertimechallenge? I wanted to take Sutter but Bucci did and I pick differently from him. I'm going Hornqvist and St. Louis.

Climb2safety 04-24-2015 06:56 PM

:: buckles seatbelt ::

Climb2safety 04-24-2015 07:11 PM

Great play by the Pittsburg defenseman squaring up like that

daveshookme 04-24-2015 07:13 PM

Shit MSG is so loud tonight.

Dramageek 04-24-2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923798)
Anyone doing the #bucciovertimechallenge? I wanted to take Sutter but Bucci did and I pick differently from him. I'm going Hornqvist and St. Louis.

Alas, it was neither. You still have a solid team, Pens! Figure your shit out this offseason and come out swinging next year!

bradshaw06 04-24-2015 07:20 PM

Damn. Great job rangers.

Proud of the pens battle, especially after the last few playoffs. Maf was great.

bradshaw06 04-24-2015 07:27 PM

Also, the d played well considering is was missing 3 top 4 guys

aeroshady 04-24-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15923815)
Damn. Great job rangers.

Proud of the pens battle, especially after the last few playoffs. Maf was great.

MAF was fantastic in this series. It really is to bad for the Pens he didn't find his game a few seasons ago.

Anyway,YES!!!!!!!!!! Second team to the second round!! Really excited!!

Dramageek 04-24-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15923819)
MAF was fantastic in this series. It really is to bad for the Pens he didn't find his game a few seasons ago.

Anyway,YES!!!!!!!!!! Second team to the second round!! Really excited!!

As you should be. The Rangers aren't flashy, but they have a very complete team this year.

SirBobalew 04-24-2015 07:51 PM

That game was fun to watch. Now I'm watching the Wizards take a 3-0 series lead on Toronto on their way to an inevitable second round exit. I don't care enough about basketball to go to the other thread though. I'm a hockey guy.

swordo84 04-24-2015 08:11 PM

The old boys club has been shutdown. Great day in Oiler-land.

swordo84 04-24-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15923518)
I wonder if there's a chance MacT comes down behind the bench. He's a good coach, and he's gotta be salivating over the opportunity to coach a shiny new McDavid

No, he's not. Hoping for Bylsma or Guy Carbeneau (sp?)

Climb2safety 04-24-2015 08:45 PM

Congrats Rangers. Looking like a complete team.

TMoore4075 04-25-2015 04:14 AM

I said Sens in 7. Didn't think if they did that, they would be coming back from 0-3.

AJF_41 04-25-2015 05:47 AM

nice bounce back last night for the wild after wednesday's debacle

didn't know what team to expect

hope we can close this one out tomorrow

SirBobalew 04-25-2015 07:32 AM

I'm so nervous. Is it 3:00 yet?

A few of my friends are on the Island. Knowing them (they're assholes), some may not make it out of the Coliseum alive.

(I love 'em, but any ass-kicking they get they'll bring on themselves)

UCFish 04-25-2015 08:47 AM

Hope the Hawks can finish this tonight...Really do not want to go to game 7.

Bron Yr Aur 04-25-2015 08:58 AM

Hopefully Q stops being so loyal to his vets and plays some guys who are actually capable NHLers.

cry_minarets458 04-25-2015 09:44 AM

Lol fuckin pens

barbogast 04-25-2015 10:03 AM

Almost time to close down the Coliseum

Roose13 04-25-2015 10:13 AM

My buddy from college, who is a photog for the Rangers, took this awesome net-cam photo (sorry Pens fans).

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/471017870

Climb2safety 04-25-2015 10:41 AM

Washington has been telegraphing too many cross ice passes in their own zone this series. Gotten lucky it has not come back to bite them. Clear the puck please and no turnovers, esp. In your own zone.

dmbetc 04-25-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15924055)
My buddy from college, who is a photog for the Rangers, took this awesome net-cam photo (sorry Pens fans).

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/471017870

:thumbsup net-cam photos are so cool

Brohan_Santana 04-25-2015 11:22 AM

Surprised Pens hung as tough as they did. On the other end Rangers need OT for 2 games and never won a game by more than a goal. They should look much better with some time off

jackisback24 04-25-2015 11:34 AM

serious question - why was Pitt not good this year? They had still decent players on the team. Did they lose anyone of significance?

TMoore4075 04-25-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackisback24 (Post 15924085)
serious question - why was Pitt not good this year? They had still decent players on the team. Did they lose anyone of significance?

They were playing pretty well until the end of the year though. Did the same thing as the Wings. Pens fans will be able to give more detail as to why.

Can't wait for the Wings for a chance to finish off the Lightning tonight....oh wait. It's 2-2 not 3-1.

Brohan_Santana 04-25-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

New coach. Never really got the ball rolling. A couple of injuries that were spotty that ruined the flow. Inconsistent play. Etc...

Roose13 04-25-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Hot start but injuries and inconsistency hurt them.

Climb2safety 04-25-2015 12:04 PM

Islanders are out hitting the caps (I believe) but the analysts come out talking about how physical the caps are

barbogast 04-25-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15924106)
Islanders are out hitting the caps (I believe) but the analysts come out talking about how physical the caps are

I don't believe that's correct. The Caps were definitely leading through 4 and I can't imagine the Isles outhit them in game 5.

Brohan_Santana 04-25-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15924106)

Caps are out hitting by 15-20 hits

Brohan_Santana 04-25-2015 12:29 PM

I don't understand why Isles fans are chanting Holtby's name when a) he hasn't let up a goal and b) the puck is in the Isles zone

Brohan_Santana 04-25-2015 12:31 PM

Pretty physical game thus far on both sides. A physical games doesn't favor either them though...

Rebecca De Mornay 04-25-2015 12:35 PM

Certainly seemed to me that someone was in the crease there

Brohan_Santana 04-25-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15924120)
Certainly seemed to me that someone was in the crease there

Isles gotten away with that twice already this series

space_raven 04-25-2015 01:04 PM

What a shitty way for NYI to end a period.