Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   R.I.P. Leroi Moore. (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229381)

Bohrman26 08-19-2008 10:43 PM

Re: R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

It took me over an hour to even believe this. Even after it was posted on the band's website, CNN, I just couldn't believe this. This band has had the biggest impact on my life than I can even imagine. I have no idea how I could even begin to tell them. Leroi Moore was a part of that band that effected my life in such a special way and with him no longer with us I feel nothing but sadness. I feel sadness for the band, for their families, for the family of Leroi, and for every fan that has ever loved this band more than ever thought possible. Leroi was a man of few words but he didn't need to speak much because his playing spoke for him in the most eloquent way. I loved hearing his beautiful parts during songs like The Dreaming Tree and Cry Freedom. I will never forget the way this band has changed my life. And we all know Leroi Moore helped change people's life just as much as the next band member. Whether or not the band continues to stay together is up to them. And I will personally be content with whatever decision they make because I know it is best. Whatever happens will happen. But for now, we can all take solace in the fact that Leroi Moore had a chance in his life that not many people have, and that was to bring happiness to millions of people across the world in the form of the beautiful music he made. I thank you Leroi Moore for all that you did for my life and for the millions of other fans. You will be deeply missed.

Rest in peace

bustdstuff 08-19-2008 10:43 PM

My birthday will never be the same.

bustedstuff77 08-19-2008 10:45 PM

Thought he was doing better, this totally shocked me, I can't believe it. It's been about 14 years now that I've been listening to them and his sax really turned me on to listening to a whole new style of music which started with DMB.

SweetUp&Down40 08-19-2008 10:46 PM

Just devastating. You changed my life Roi. Rest In Peace mate.

Jimi Thing 10 08-19-2008 10:48 PM

i dont even know what to say... r.i.p. leroi, my prayers go out to you and your family.

jkstin 08-19-2008 10:49 PM

It too has been a long time since I've posted on here, but felt the need to tonight. Things will never be the same without Roi.

Like most people on here I listened to some of my favorite Roi songs after hearing the news, and happened to put in the Piedmont Park dvd, which was as it turns out was the last time I saw him live. As they come toward the end of One Sweet World and the line "and here we will rest in peace" plays the camera focuses right on Roi through the entire line. Obviously, this was coincidence, but I have to admit that the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Very eerie. Thought I would share as I doubt anyone else noticed this yet.

God bless you Roi and your family! You will be sorely missed!

dmbjdc6 08-19-2008 10:49 PM

No No No

djmmjd 08-19-2008 10:50 PM

I just don't want this to be true. I'm so sad and my heart just aches for his family and the band. I wish with all my being that his soul has gone to rest and is in peace.

Man, how I love Leroi. Fuck...how cruel and unexpected life is.

This is the end of the true essence of DMB.

dmbjsu886 08-19-2008 10:51 PM

I am truly at a loss for words!! This man touched all our lives with his beautiful music and will truly be missed. Thanks for all the amazing music and shows and touching so many peoples lives with what you did !! You will be missed !! RIP!! We love you and your family and the band!

TwoStep2888 08-19-2008 10:51 PM

This really did come out of nowhere. It's shocking news, and it's just so unbelievably sad. I hope the knock tonight's show out of the park for him. :(

DustyKeys70 08-19-2008 10:52 PM

loving this band since '95... seeing them since '98... 27 shows in that time and can't believe that in '07 i saw my last dave matthews BAND show since the Florida shows had Coffin this year. I can't put into words what I am feeling. This is sad to put it lightly...

Fiverz 08-19-2008 10:52 PM

I just came back from a metal show in Tinley Park, IL.

Testament, Motorhead, Heaven & Hell, and Judas Priest.

I had no idea this had happened ... and I come home, pop on the internet and boom.

My heart goes out to his family, the entire DMB family, and anyone else saddened by his passing.

Whatever he is to you - brother, father, musician, friend, icon, idol - he will be truly missed.

DMBand21785 08-19-2008 10:52 PM

this is unbelievable

barlo24 08-19-2008 10:55 PM

R.I.P. Leroi. You will forever be missed and loved by all

chrisandiego 08-19-2008 10:56 PM

RIP Roi... I am at a loss for words. He is the reason why DMB stuck out and got me hooked as a fan back in early '98. I still remember his solo at the end of Typical Situation at my first show on October 26, 1998. We love you man!

Evans 08-19-2008 10:57 PM

I can't go to sleep because I know when I wake up tomorrow, I'll not be able to believe it all over again.

chrisandiego 08-19-2008 10:57 PM

RIP Roi... I am at a loss for words. He is the reason why DMB stuck out and got me hooked as a fan back in early '98. I still remember his solo at the end of Typical Situation at my first show on October 26, 1998. We love you man!

Bartender818 08-19-2008 10:57 PM

Without death, the role it's played in Dave's life, the role it playes in all our lives, DMB wouldn't exist. Death is part of life. Everyone you love you lose or they will loose you. But that is what makes life what it is. That is what makes lines like, "Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die" have so much meaning to people. Or "Don't burn the day away." "I don't mean to dwell on this dying thing, but look at our blood. It's alive right now deep and sweet within, pouring through our veins." It doesn't make the loss any easier. "Lie in our graves" "You might die trying" "If I die, before my time, oh brother of mine please don't forget me, if I die." "Gravedigger line- Leroi Moore 1961 - 2008 made the whole world believe they could fly with his music.

djmmjd 08-19-2008 10:57 PM

I just don't want this to be true. I'm so sad and my heart just aches for his family and the band. I wish with all my being that his soul has gone to rest and is in peace.

Man, how I love Leroi. Fuck...how cruel and unexpected life is.

This is the end of the true essence of DMB.

jeremyc74 08-19-2008 10:58 PM

I've had a bad feeling since the whole ATV accident. It made me start thinking and I couldn't help but ask myself what it would be like with no DMB, and it's not a pretty thought.

It's a sad day for a DMB fan, and a day that will change the band forever going forward.

Appreciate the music we've been given, and remember who gave it to us. It could end at any moment. :(

RIP LeRoi.

Musicology200 08-19-2008 10:59 PM

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34793422418

DM3MD157 08-19-2008 10:59 PM

Geez... I really can't believe the horrible news... My last show was June 3rd, less than a month before the accident. Shows will never be the same without Roi. Rest in peace brotha...

drumdawgone 08-19-2008 10:59 PM

We are very saddened by this. RIP, Roi.

sans0402 08-19-2008 10:59 PM

R.I.P. Roi...

Our hearts were broken tonight and we will miss you dearly. Music will never be the same without you.

hoefdj18 08-19-2008 11:01 PM

LeRoi was DMB to me. Words can't comprehend how devastated I, this community, the band, and, ultimately, his family feel.

Bartender, fill LeRoi with that wine you gave Jesus....God Bless.

41 Step 08-19-2008 11:02 PM

This is completely unfair in every single way. It's unfair that he was hurt while at the top of his game, and it's unfair that he was taken from us before his time. However, his spirit will continue to live on through the wonderful music he has created and the music it continues to inspire.

phatpig 08-19-2008 11:04 PM

This is just sickening. It's like a bad dream you hope isn't happening. It'll be a while before I can listen to DMB again. My prayers go out to Roi's family and to the band, I can't even imagine how the guys are playing a show tonight.

Adam42185 08-19-2008 11:04 PM

Rest In Peace Leroi. The residents of heaven will enjoy your music. I will cherish your music forever. I feel so very fortunate to have been able to see you play, and I will miss you for the rest of my life. You did something special to music, there will never be such a dynamic genius of saxophone as you. Thank you for all of the great songs, solos, jams, and good times.

templeofdmb 08-19-2008 11:05 PM

It was an honor to hear and see you play LeRoi. I have no words to adequately convey this sense of loss...

indywharfrat 08-19-2008 11:06 PM

prayers to the moore family, the band and the crew. one love to the entire community that is obviously hurting right now. just know that we're not going through this alone. jerry's got him a sax player now. "out of the darkness comes light, like a flash.............