Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

smudge1 04-16-2019 06:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: featuring Gritty, the regular season mascot champ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17423850)
What a disaster for tbl. What do they do in the off-season after year like this?

Smoke weed.

drakan 04-16-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17423841)
Holy shit it’s going to happen.

*insert ron paul meme*

drakan 04-16-2019 06:52 PM

I mean you can fire the coach if he wins 62 games but goes out in the first round.

You can get rid of your mediocre players with high salaries.

Climb2safety 04-16-2019 06:53 PM

Time for Pittsburgh to go home too.

mr.MikeD 04-16-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17423851)
Hope next year is different?:popcorn

Honestly yah. Not going to blow up a 62 win team. But jeez

mthawk07 04-16-2019 06:57 PM

Since taking a 3-2 series lead on the Caps last year, the Lightning are 0-6 in playoff games with a combined score of 8-26.

mthawk07 04-16-2019 07:08 PM

Bon voyage, Shittsburgh!

bradshaw06 04-16-2019 07:08 PM

Dammit. Well congrats isles. They were the better team

dmbetc 04-16-2019 07:10 PM

Happy with the results tonight. Time for some new teams to go far!

bradshaw06 04-16-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17423867)
Bon voyage, Shittsburgh!

Classy :thumbsup

drakan 04-16-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17423857)
Honestly yah. Not going to blow up a 62 win team. But jeez

I would dump a few players which happens anyway every offseason and just hope next year is different. Not much else you could do except bring in character/veterans/grit players but that is overrated.

drakan 04-16-2019 07:15 PM

Now the rest of the Rangers are out of the playoffs...

aeroshady 04-16-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17423881)

Haha. Well, this Rangers fan didn’t want to see a bunch of former Rangers win some where else! Can’t say I am surprised that a team full of players that played so many playoff games with the Rangers and never won got swept when they are older and have played even more playoff games. Doesn’t seem like a recipe for success at the cup.

Plus, icing on the cake since we already won our playoffs in the Draft lottery.

Lcsulla 04-16-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17423881)

Zuc still playing in Dallas!

and wow, Pens and even more surprisingly the Lightning are both swept and heading home to do whatever they do in the offseason, probably golf and practice!

JRS1386 04-16-2019 09:05 PM

Flyers and Pens end the year with the same amount of playoff wins :multi

Lcsulla 04-16-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17423919)

Hawks too! :lol

dmbetc 04-16-2019 09:39 PM

:lol Binnington steals the game puck after Jets win in OT.

barbogast 04-17-2019 04:48 AM

Wow. What a night.

First of all, to our Penguins fans in here, it’s never fun to get bounced from the playoffs. Sorry y’all are going through that today. :hug

If I had told you before the season started that the Penguins were going to get swept in round one by the New York Islanders AND it wasn’t going to be the biggest story on the night it happened, you would have thought I was a lunatic. What a fun sport this is.

The Tampa thing. I mean. Wow. What a way for Columbus to earn their first series victory. Just unbelievable. I hope the Jackets can keep their push going in the next round.

In unrelated news, while it blows that the Caps have an extra night off tonight, I do think it’s a good reset after what happened Monday. Also sad to see the Blues lose both on home as I’m a huge Craig Berube guy, but the Jets are awesome so whatever. Sucks about the Sharks.

Fun time of year. Go Avs.

jrkarger 04-17-2019 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17423992)
Wow. What a night.

First of all, to our Penguins fans in here, it’s never fun to get bounced from the playoffs. Sorry y’all are going through that today. :hug

If I had told you before the season started that the Penguins were going to get swept in round one by the New York Islanders AND it wasn’t going to be the biggest story on the night it happened, you would have thought I was a lunatic. What a fun sport this is.

The Tampa thing. I mean. Wow. What a way for Columbus to earn their first series victory. Just unbelievable. I hope the Jackets can keep their push going in the next round.

In unrelated news, while it blows that the Caps have an extra night off tonight, I do think it’s a good reset after what happened Monday. Also sad to see the Blues lose both on home as I’m a huge Craig Berube guy, but the Jets are awesome so whatever. Sucks about the Sharks.

Fun time of year. Go Avs.

You’re a good dude, Barbs! :eiffeltower

A guy on the bus this morning asked me who is now the favorite? I had to go with the caps.

You’re also right about the Pens and Lighting both getting swept. I didn’t think the pens would lose let alone get swept. But, I’m not surprised either; if that makes sense. There has been something off with the team all year and they’ve historically had trouble with the islanders.

But, I do agree, the jackets sweeping the lightning is a much bigger story. But, disagree with you that they keep it going. I honestly hope the caps keep going.

MOWJO8185 04-17-2019 06:44 AM

Blues had no business even getting to OT if not for Binnington. Dude was great last night.

Roose13 04-17-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17421921)
Awwwwwwwwww, so cute.

Claude and Sidney will have shared tee times next weekend for Easter.

As I was saying....

barbogast 04-17-2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17424044)
You’re a good dude, Barbs! :eiffeltower

A guy on the bus this morning asked me who is now the favorite? I had to go with the caps.

You’re also right about the Pens and Lighting both getting swept. I didn’t think the pens would lose let alone get swept. But, I’m not surprised either; if that makes sense. There has been something off with the team all year and they’ve historically had trouble with the islanders.

But, I do agree, the jackets sweeping the lightning is a much bigger story. But, disagree with you that they keep it going. I honestly hope the caps keep going.

Well, we appreciate the support! And honestly, while I do indeed dislike the Jackets, the hype around Toronto has annoyed me all year and Boston is far more dislikable to me than the Blue Jackets. I’d be ok with seeing the Jackets knock either of those teams out.

Roose13 04-17-2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17423919)

And Lightning!

TB: 62 wins
PHI: 37 wins

Total playoff wins: 0

Moral victories!

fonzz41 04-17-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 17422993)
They’ve been chippy since game one and were Saturday when Svech dropped those goals. They’ve been after him.

Svech got rekt but don’t pretend nothing lead up to it is all I’m sayin

Guys were definitely going for him. Nothing too severe, but wacks here and there. I think it was meant to be a statement fight for him, like a lot of kids do when they first get in the league. Helluva statement.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17422997)
In all due respect I believe you're in the minority on this throughout the sport

Fighting has gone way down in terms of how often & respect for each other

Players have respect for the lessen in severity & quantity

Do I still get excited about hockey fights? Yep.

Do I think they could be banned and the game itself wouldn't change all that much? You bet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17423026)
MacKinnon means business.

Next level right now. Next level, Sarah. Game 3 was absolute, utter, and complete domination by both him and pretty much every player on the Avs roster. Most complete single game I've seen the Avs play in years. I'm interested to see what happens tonight... the Avs have been known to fall back to earth hard.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17423224)
Anyone else really surprised that Makar scored last night?

^^This is sarcasm, I guess this needs to be pointed out these days

I'll admit, I was one of the few that was more against him playing than for it. I didn't love the idea of some kid being thrown into a crazy situation like the playoffs for his first ever game and burning a year of his ELC in the process. Boy was I wrong. Overall his game was amazing, especially after only one practice with the team. You could see Ian Cole at times during the game literally pointing to where Makar needed to be on the ice, and Makar going there. :lol. He's gonna be a special player.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17423785)
CO looks good at times and awful at others.

Avs were bad the first game, but better than Calgary in games 2 and 3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17423850)
What a disaster for tbl. What do they do in the off-season after year like this?

I don't think you change much. Shed your veteran UFA contracts and don't make the same mistakes next year.

Roose13 04-17-2019 08:12 AM

I'm not going to be outwardly for or against fighting. I honestly think it's become pointless and won't bat an eye if they ever abolish it. But I'll still get jazzed up when the gloves drop.

drakan 04-17-2019 02:57 PM

Tampa had 40 to 1 odds of getting swept.

https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenrov...28353969168384

Sorry I had to subject you to darren rovell.

drakan 04-17-2019 02:58 PM

Flyer fans are pumped about their new coach?

:lol

Roose13 04-17-2019 03:38 PM

Are we???

Lcsulla 04-17-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17424092)
Well, we appreciate the support! And honestly, while I do indeed dislike the Jackets, the hype around Toronto has annoyed me all year and Boston is far more dislikable to me than the Blue Jackets. I’d be ok with seeing the Jackets knock either of those teams out.

I cannot stand the bruins these days so I would love to see Toronto bounce then and frankly I agree about the Leafs hype (still want them to beat boston!) so I would love to see the Jackets knock them out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17424138)
Avs were bad the first game, but better than Calgary in games 2 and 3.

Agreed but even going back to the last two months of the regular season they were a jekyll and hdye team, you did not know whether that offense was going to show up or not. I like both the Flames and the Av's so I will not be unhappy with whichever team wins but I am not sure either can get by a potential matchup with NASH or Vegas - the Flames D is a little leaky, Johnny Hockey hasn't had much chance to show his stuff and Smith has been a trainwreck in goal (whom I would likely sit tonight) while the Av's have a bit more experience they are a streaky team - aka they can win or lose 4 in a row easy depending on whether the opponent can shut that top line down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17424150)
I'm not going to be outwardly for or against fighting. I honestly think it's become pointless and won't bat an eye if they ever abolish it. But I'll still get jazzed up when the gloves drop.

It is such a part of the game now you'd have some annoyed fans if they outlawed fights entirely - did anyone not get a good laugh at that kid trying to fight Ovie the other night? Also, if you ban fighting I think the players will enforce the 'law' on the ice with harder more dangerous hits and I would rather see two guys throw a few punches than some guy potentially get a career ending injury due to a severe boarding incident that results in a concussion or something worse.

drakan 04-17-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17424610)
Are we???

I meant are you.

No talk huh?