Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mr.MikeD 03-22-2019 12:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: featuring Gritty, the regular season mascot champ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17405134)
When I get down on myself for cheering for the Oilers, I just have to remind myself that I'm not a Sens fan, and that helps. Their owner has spent the past 24hrs just slagging everyone from his own team's fans, local reporters, Ottawa's mayor and somehow the Toronto Maple Leafs. This man is clueless and is running his franchise into the ground. They'll be lucky to get 10k out to their shit arena, in a shit area to watch their shit team next year.

Edit: This thread, read this thread (and its not even up to date as yet)
https://twitter.com/ryanclassic/stat...79240250564608

That’s a wild ride.
Somehow the oilers are 5 out of a playoff spot and if they went 8-0..... yeah, not happening.
I found a way to sooth an oilers loss - son was born about 8 hours after the beatdown by St Louis. Unfortunately I’d have more kids than Matty if I keep using that to cope.

swordo84 03-22-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17405503)
It's pretty unfair. :lol

Needless to say, I'm rooting for the Kings and Wings to win out so Ottawa stays in last place.

You and me both!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17405517)
That’s a wild ride.
Somehow the oilers are 5 out of a playoff spot and if they went 8-0..... yeah, not happening.
I found a way to sooth an oilers loss - son was born about 8 hours after the beatdown by St Louis. Unfortunately I’d have more kids than Matty if I keep using that to cope.

Hey, congrats on the big news! Maybe the Oil will be respectable by the time he can drive :)

Brohan_Santana 03-22-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17405481)
I’m glad he stuck true to his beliefs on this. It’s sticky and I think the team has gone about this in the best manner possible. None of the players have been anything but supportive of each other. That’s great to see. I’ve said it already but I’m behind anyone that wants to go or doesn’t, and I’m glad that’s the approach the team is taking.

It's sad that this is how it has to be. Holtby was backed into a lose/lose situation

barbogast 03-22-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17405564)
It's sad that this is how it has to be. Holtby was backed into a lose/lose situation

Agreed. Frustrating as hell.

mr.MikeD 03-22-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17405521)
You and me both!

Hey, congrats on the big news! Maybe the Oil will be respectable by the time he can drive :)

Thanks!
Reminds me of this:
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/02...edmonton-high/

Quote:

Sidney Crosby: “I would never let my children play hockey. The risk of getting drafted by Edmonton is too high”

fonzz41 03-22-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

That’s a wild ride.

DUDE, you're a dad! (Again? I feel like this is #2 for you?). Either way, I'm very happy for you and am digitally giving you a hearty handshake right now. Best (and hardest) part of life is being a dad.

You guys'll have to get a lot more wives before you can catch up to me in the kid department.

mr.MikeD 03-22-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17405521)
You and me both!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17405594)
DUDE, you're a dad! (Again? I feel like this is #2 for you?). Either way, I'm very happy for you and am digitally giving you a hearty handshake right now. Best (and hardest) part of life is being a dad.

You guys'll have to get a lot more wives before you can catch up to me in the kid department.

thanks guys. Yep, the second, first a girl and now a boy. Pretty excited. But next step is making sure there’s no number 3!

CrushB610 03-23-2019 12:03 PM

the officiating crew in this Isles/Flyers game gets a solid F for the day

Lcsulla 03-23-2019 02:43 PM

Hawks offense (notably the PP) drying up at exactly the wrong time and credit the D of CO plus Grubauer for that win - they played great especially in the 3rd. Congrats Matty, guess tomorrow is a must win now if the Hawks have ANY hopes to make the postseason given their upcoming tough schedule.

Only positive to come out of the last few games for the Hawks is Erik Gustafsson, damn is he on fire offensively (3rd in goals among NHL defensemen) and has made his D much better. He is making that decision by CHI to sign him for a mil a year for the next two seasons look like a bargain. Toews at the dot has been impressive too but not really helping since they are struggling to find the back of t he net. UGH.

barbogast 03-23-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17405733)
thanks guys. Yep, the second, first a girl and now a boy. Pretty excited. But next step is making sure there’s no number 3!

Congrats on the new baby! We went in the same order, girl first and then boy. Good luck getting adjusted to the new size of your family, I found it’s a lot to handle at first but I think I’m starting to get the hang of it. Congrats again. Babies are the best :)

TypicalBilly14 03-23-2019 06:58 PM

Bruins!!!

Lcsulla 03-23-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

That’s a wild ride.

Belated congratulations my friend, very happy for you. May your son have a wonderful and fulfilling life!

Brohan_Santana 03-24-2019 07:30 AM

https://twitter.com/ikhurshudyan/sta...557519872?s=21

Soooo, what happens if the team can’t play?

bradshaw06 03-24-2019 08:19 AM

Jared Mccann has been great for the pens. He has been everything the team wanted out of Brassard but didnt get

jcc522 03-24-2019 11:59 AM

Canes NEED a win tonight. Last nights W was super fun. I’m going to try to get a puck tonight lol

barbogast 03-25-2019 04:26 AM

The Caps didn’t trail against the Flyers at any point this season. Either 0-0 or a Caps lead for all 240 minutes. Just thought I’d bring that glowing stat to everyone’s attention. :)

aeroshady 03-25-2019 05:48 AM

My NY Rangers may not win the Stanley Cup, but this year I get to celebrate the more coveted Ants Cup as the new Champion of the Ants Fantasy Hockey League!! :bounce :multi:D:monkey

In all seriousness, great season everyone in the Ants league! I feel like I robbed Thackanche in that finals when I discovered yesterday morning that you could play players you picked up the same day (which I didn’t know all season until the final day :lol) and picked up six players yesterday in a desperate move. I was down 8-3 at the time and managed to grind out a 6-5 Hail Mary win!

First time winning fantasy hockey so I am happy. Could Barbs or Brohan direct me to the right place for my banner?

bradshaw06 03-25-2019 08:41 AM

Congrats Greg!

Sadly ended up 6th.

fonzz41 03-25-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17406643)
My NY Rangers may not win the Stanley Cup, but this year I get to celebrate the more coveted Ants Cup as the new Champion of the Ants Fantasy Hockey League!! :bounce :multi:D:monkey

In all seriousness, great season everyone in the Ants league! I feel like I robbed Thackanche in that finals when I discovered yesterday morning that you could play players you picked up the same day (which I didn’t know all season until the final day :lol) and picked up six players yesterday in a desperate move. I was down 8-3 at the time and managed to grind out a 6-5 Hail Mary win!

First time winning fantasy hockey so I am happy. Could Barbs or Brohan direct me to the right place for my banner?

Hey man, you do whatever it takes to win! I made some serious mistakes with who I chose to dress/scratch this week and that really hurt me in addition to your shrewd moves. But either way, congratulations! Well-deserved.

Lcsulla 03-25-2019 03:34 PM

So my treat to myself arrived in the mail today and I have mixed reactions - I love having a vintage CCM Gretzky Campbell Conference ASG jersey but the only problem is I put it on and look like a skinny pumpkin! :lol

Brohan_Santana 03-25-2019 04:25 PM

https://twitter.com/ikhurshudyan/sta...569425408?s=21

Ovechkin really cleaned up well. Odd to see him shaved and hair slicked back.

drakan 03-25-2019 05:43 PM

No Frozen Four hockey thread? You guys are lame.

dmbetc 03-25-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17407325)
https://twitter.com/ikhurshudyan/sta...569425408?s=21

Ovechkin really cleaned up well. Odd to see him shaved and hair slicked back.

“They won something “

kev87lads 03-25-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17407356)
No Frozen Four hockey thread? You guys are lame.

You get out of here with that metric.

drakan 03-25-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 17407386)
You get out of here with that metric.

Half the time that metric is 100% correct.

dmbetc 03-25-2019 09:22 PM

We barely get any traffic in the NHL thread. Looks like the Frozen Four thread is going as expected. :lol

barbogast 03-26-2019 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17407435)
We barely get any traffic in the NHL thread. Looks like the Frozen Four thread is going as expected. :lol

:lol :lol

I do miss our old regulars. Earth to Timmy, earth to lockman.

It’s like their teams start to suck and *poof*

swordo84 03-26-2019 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17407459)
:lol :lol

I do miss our old regulars. Earth to Timmy, earth to lockman.

It’s like their teams start to suck and *poof*

They just need their teams to suck for a couple more years (decades) and they will fall into the same sense of apathy as myself. :D

bradshaw06 03-26-2019 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17407375)
“They won something “

Surprised there was no hamberder feast for the defending champs.

barbogast 03-26-2019 06:07 AM

I like how he butchered Kuznetsov’s name so badly that Leonsis couldn’t help but to correct him :lol