Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 12-13-2018 03:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: featuring Gritty, the regular season mascot champ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17330156)
gonna be really interesting what the blues do in the next couple of weeks.

Fire everyone and just send Barclay out each night

https://www.instagram.com/stlbluespup/

dmbetc 12-13-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17331160)

omg dave touched something I touched

/dmbfam

That's really cool though.

unccrombie 12-14-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17331201)
Fire everyone and just send Barclay out each night

https://www.instagram.com/stlbluespup/

Not as cute as Ranger.

unccrombie 12-14-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17331203)
omg dave touched something I touched

/dmbfam

That's really cool though.

Dave commented on touching the cup during the show last night. Funny as usual.

aeroshady 12-14-2018 06:33 AM

Dave looks like a mad man in that photo :lol

mthawk07 12-15-2018 06:24 AM

Back to back hat tricks for Ovechkin, giving him 16 goals in the last 13 games. Currently on pace to score 74 goals. :eek

Roose13 12-15-2018 08:02 AM

At this rate he's gonna break Gretzky's record by the end of the year :lol

barbogast 12-15-2018 08:40 AM

Maybe this is the year the Ovechtrick actually becomes a thing

mthawk07 12-15-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17332545)
At this rate he's gonna break Gretzky's record by the end of the year :lol

It's a shame he missed 1.5 seasons due to lockouts, otherwise he'd have a really good shot at breaking the record.

JRS1386 12-15-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17332574)
It's a shame he missed 1.5 seasons due to lockouts, otherwise he'd have a really good shot at breaking the record.

He still has a decent shot.

barbogast 12-15-2018 10:06 AM

I would say it’s at least possible. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. And I think he’ll be more inclined to stay in DC and in the nhl after his contract runs out now that he’s won a Cup. As he creeps closer and closer, he might get the itch to really go for it.

How wild would 50 goals in 50 games be? It’s a big time longshot of course. He’d need 22 in his next 19. He’s bound to cool off here soon.

Dramageek 12-15-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17332592)
I would say it’s at least possible. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. And I think he’ll be more inclined to stay in DC and in the nhl after his contract runs out now that he’s won a Cup. As he creeps closer and closer, he might get the itch to really go for it.

How wild would 50 goals in 50 games be? It’s a big time longshot of course. He’d need 22 in his next 19. He’s bound to cool off here soon.

With Ovi, it’s not out of the question. With the team he has around him, I can see him going a goal a game for a good while.

Anyway, I hope you all are well! I’m on my way to C-Ville. I don’t know how much time I’m going to have before the show. We are purposely taking the scenic route to see how much weird shit we can see in WV :lol If you see me, I’m the skinny guy in the very hockey-related t-shirt.

Barbs, could you recommend a good breakfast spot for tomorrow in the AM? We are going to hit up the downtown mall then.

barbogast 12-15-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 17332604)
With Ovi, it’s not out of the question. With the team he has around him, I can see him going a goal a game for a good while.

Anyway, I hope you all are well! I’m on my way to C-Ville. I don’t know how much time I’m going to have before the show. We are purposely taking the scenic route to see how much weird shit we can see in WV :lol If you see me, I’m the skinny guy in the very hockey-related t-shirt.

Barbs, could you recommend a good breakfast spot for tomorrow in the AM? We are going to hit up the downtown mall then.

So, I’m slightly torn on this, as I feel like as a native Cville person, it’s my duty to send you to Bodo’s. It’s bagel sandwiches, so you might be thinking...bagel sandwiches??? Really???? But yes, really. It’s that good and a Cville staple.

But my heart wants to tell you to go to the restaurant I work at, though I won’t be there cooking tomorrow morning. That said, our breakfast is banging. And it’s cheap. Croby’s Urban Viddles. Recommendations are French toast (I make the bread that’s used for it), biscuits and gravy, and cheesy grits. Honestly everything is good, you can’t go wrong. We’re less than ten minutes from the downtown mall.

Also, keep an eye out for the silica gel factory on your drive through West VA!! That’s the weirdest thing I can remember from doing that drive :lol

Dramageek 12-15-2018 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17332610)
So, I’m slightly torn on this, as I feel like as a native Cville person, it’s my duty to send you to Bodo’s. It’s bagel sandwiches, so you might be thinking...bagel sandwiches??? Really???? But yes, really. It’s that good and a Cville staple.

But my heart wants to tell you to go to the restaurant I work at, though I won’t be there cooking tomorrow morning. That said, our breakfast is banging. And it’s cheap. Croby’s Urban Viddles. Recommendations are French toast (I make the bread that’s used for it), biscuits and gravy, and cheesy grits. Honestly everything is good, you can’t go wrong. We’re less than ten minutes from the downtown mall.

Also, keep an eye out for the silica gel factory on your drive through West VA!! That’s the weirdest thing I can remember from doing that drive :lol

Thanks! Either option sounds like exactly what we will need tomorrow. Good call. :thumbsup

So far, the winner is the Come to Jesus lighthouse!

barbogast 12-15-2018 12:10 PM

That lighthouse :lol :lol

dmbetc 12-15-2018 12:45 PM

Definitely Bodo’s!

Lcsulla 12-15-2018 01:23 PM

Anyone see that odd penalty called on Tarasnko last night in OT against the Av's? He lost his stick and grabbed one from Colton Parayko. The stick was too long to be legal for Tarasenko but since Parayko is 6' 6" it is allowed for him. Getting a 2 minute minor for that in OT seems absurd to me, luckily for STL they ended up winning on a shortie in OT.

drakan 12-15-2018 05:25 PM

Ovi scored all his goals from almost the exact same spot…how long will it take for someone to cover him there. Honestly I would almost do an Ovi Lock and let everyone else play 4 on 4. Who cares if someone else scores if Ovi is going to get 3 from the same spot.

JRS1386 12-15-2018 09:20 PM

Hakstol needs to be fired

dmbetc 12-15-2018 09:44 PM

Blake needs to be fired

~Crashintome89~ 12-15-2018 09:48 PM

Everyone needs to get fired.

Dramageek 12-15-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17332992)
Everyone needs to get fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46lKvk08L1s

Dramageek 12-16-2018 06:35 AM

Barbs, my friends wanted a sit-down breakfast, so we checked out Croby’s. It’s quite nice. The dude waiting on us whose name escapes me is very friendly. We are waiting on our food as we speak. Thanks for the recommendation.

barbogast 12-16-2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 17333042)
Barbs, my friends wanted a sit-down breakfast, so we checked out Croby’s. It’s quite nice. The dude waiting on us whose name escapes me is very friendly. We are waiting on our food as we speak. Thanks for the recommendation.

His name is Mike, and he was at the show with me last night. Small world, eh? I kinda wish I was there so I could make you breakfast :lol

Enjoy your time in Cville! Drop us a review on Yelp! We love 5 star ratings :)

Dramageek 12-16-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17333054)
His name is Mike, and he was at the show with me last night. Small world, eh? I kinda wish I was there so I could make you breakfast :lol

Enjoy your time in Cville! Drop us a review on Yelp! We love 5 star ratings :)

Haha, he was chatting us up about the show. Ask him about the Pittsburghers who stopped in.

The food was excellent! My friends and I enjoyed everything. I had the French toast and grits. Thanks!

Anyway, hockey. Ovi’s great. Fire Hakstol. Go Pens!

barbogast 12-16-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 17333055)
Haha, he was chatting us up about the show. Ask him about the Pittsburghers who stopped in.

The food was excellent! My friends and I enjoyed everything. I had the French toast and grits. Thanks!

Anyway, hockey. Ovi’s great. Fire Hakstol. Go Pens!

Did you tell him how you heard about it? He would’ve gotten a kick out of that. He is fully aware of my hockey/dmb nerdiness :lol

And oh, yeah. Hockey. Ho hum, just another goal for Ovie. Only one last night, guess he felt like taking it easy :lol

Dramageek 12-16-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17333059)
Did you tell him how you heard about it? He would’ve gotten a kick out of that. He is fully aware of my hockey/dmb nerdiness :lol

And oh, yeah. Hockey. Ho hum, just another goal for Ovie. Only one last night, guess he felt like taking it easy :lol

Ha! I thought it might be a bit much saying I talk to your chef on some DMB internet site:lol

barbogast 12-16-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 17333063)
Ha! I thought it might be a bit much saying I talk to your chef on some DMB internet site:lol

:lol :lol

The world is such a cool place. Once again this thread proves to be the best thread of them all. Glad you liked your breakfast, my man. :thumsbup

Lcsulla 12-16-2018 12:15 PM

This is what the NHL needs, MORE MASCOT FIGHTING - Hi Gritty! :lol

Seriously though, wonder what the hell happened here, it had to have been serious enough that non-sports media are covering this.

Quote:

The NHL Chicago Blackhawks are investigating after the team’s costumed mascot was involved in a post-game fight with a pint-sized young fan.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chica...in-viral-video

Roose13 12-16-2018 01:28 PM

HOLY FUCK FLYERS ARE GONNA FIRE HAK AND HIRE Q!!!!!!!!!

Merry mother fucking Christmas!!!