Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 05-09-2017 09:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16785375)
No it doesn't.

You say this about anywhere that is not Philadelphia :lol

barbogast 05-09-2017 09:30 AM

Sorry, I just don't really care what's going on in the other series. I mean I know who I want to win, but I don't really care. Perhaps that makes me a bad fan, I dunno.

barbogast 05-09-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16785278)
Yeah but they didn't have the Caps history. That's honestly the only thing I continue to think about no matter how unfair.

Yup. Until they prove me wrong.

aeroshady 05-09-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16785380)
Sorry, I just don't really care what's going on in the other series. I mean I know who I want to win, but I don't really care. Perhaps that makes me a bad fan, I dunno.

No I feel you. Problem is, I don't really care about the Caps/Pens series and I was tired of seeing only posts about that. I would rather mix it up and talk about other series before reading the same things said over-and-over again about the Caps and Pens :lol

aeroshady 05-09-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16785381)
Yup. Until they prove me wrong.

Like this post. :lol

barbogast 05-09-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16785383)
No I feel you. Problem is, I don't really care about the Caps/Pens series and I was tired of seeing only posts about that. I would rather mix it up and talk about other series before reading the same things said over-and-over again about the Caps and Pens :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16785384)
Like this post. :lol

I mean you can obviously understand why it's the most popular series in this thread. There's just more Pens/Caps fans than there are fans of the other teams left.

And I know I'm repetitive and probably annoying as fuck with my prove me wrong thing. But that's all it's about for me. I'm not interested in fancy stats or ebbs and flows or moral victories or any of that. Only interested in whether or not they get it done. And I'm more hesitant than ever to crown them winners of this series. I'm kind of surprised so many Pens fans feel like their team is genuinely defeated.

Sorry to derail another post into Caps/Pens, but until it's done I really can't think of much to say about the other series except go Oilers and go Senators.

aeroshady 05-09-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16785386)
I mean you can obviously understand why it's the most popular series in this thread. There's just more Pens/Caps fans than there are fans of the other teams left.

And I know I'm repetitive and probably annoying as fuck with my prove me wrong thing. But that's all it's about for me. I'm not interested in fancy stats or ebbs and flows or moral victories or any of that. Only interested in whether or not they get it done. And I'm more hesitant than ever to crown them winners of this series. I'm kind of surprised so many Pens fans feel like their team is genuinely defeated.

Sorry to derail another post into Caps/Pens, but until it's done I really can't think of much to say about the other series except go Oilers and go Senators.

That's it, I'm rooting for the Pens! :lol

Anyone that is following the West...do either teams have any major injuries that may play a role in game 7?

jrkarger 05-09-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16785314)
I'm just very uncomfortable with Crosby playing right now, especially a week after being diagnosed with a concussion, and now a day after he goes head first into the boards. I don't want to say the NHL is doing a poor job at protecting its players, especially its best player, but this is not a good look IMO.

I'm not sure I agree with the bold at all. Mentions the latest anecdote about Niskanen not getting suspended and no call on Ovi. Also, for years, the NHL has allowed other players to constantly beat up Crosby's head.

But, it also looks like they need to update their protocol given the look on Sid's face in this picture and what the article says:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201705090132

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette
“Depending on the mechanism of injury, ‘slow to get up’ does not trigger mandatory removal,” Daley told Allen. “The protocol has to be interpreted literally to mandate a removal. ‘Ice’ as compared to ‘boards’ is in there for a reason. It’s the result of a study on our actual experiences over a number of years. ‘Ice’ has been found to be a predictor of concussions — ‘boards’ has not been.”

There are specific “signs” they have to look for to act. Those include “slow to get up” to “clutches his head,” which continues to list the following “mechanisms of injury”:

• A blow to the player’s head or upper torso from another player’s shoulder

• The player’s head makes secondary contact with the ice

• The played is punched in the head (including any part of his face) by an ungloved fist during a fight

Since none of those things occurred, technically the spotter could not remove Crosby.

tl;dr

Because Sid's head hit the boards last night and not the ice the spotters didn't trigger an exam or removal.

:ugh

Substitute the phrase "Niskanen's stick" for the word boards and the spotter would supposedly had no problem if Sid had been like this after that hit in Game 3:

https://www.askideas.com/media/50/I-...Meme-Image.jpg

barbogast 05-09-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16785396)
That's it, I'm rooting for the Pens! :lol

I threw that in there just for you ;)

TMoore4075 05-09-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16785352)
Oil/Sens would be awesome too. Canada deserves a parade somewhere.

Eh. While I love Canada's passion for hockey, I see far too many who think they deserve the Cup just because it's Canada. If you deserved it, you'd win it. Pre-2005 it was tough for them with the way the CBA was but it's a level playing field now.

Climb2safety 05-09-2017 10:02 AM

Let the Canadians celebrate the olympics

TMoore4075 05-09-2017 10:06 AM

Also the way TO is going, they'll get one eventually. EDM prolly too

I'm hoping for Nash/EDM and Caps/Sens or Rangers would be ok too. The most recent Cup out of any of those teams is 1994 and some have never won it. That's usually my want list. New teams or teams who haven't won in a while.

~Crashintome89~ 05-09-2017 10:10 AM

I want the Rangers and the Caps nowhere near the SCF.

Climb2safety 05-09-2017 10:13 AM

I wouldn't mind a first time winner this year

aeroshady 05-09-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16785411)
Also the way TO is going, they'll get one eventually. EDM prolly too

I'm hoping for Nash/EDM and Caps/Sens or Rangers would be ok too. The most recent Cup out of any of those teams is 1994 and some have never won it. That's usually my want list. New teams or teams who haven't won in a while.

This post is basically where I stand as well.

I don't think Canada deserves a cup, I just think they would really enjoy one. I would also like to see an all Canadian finals since I have never seen one before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16785416)
I want the Rangers and the Caps nowhere near the SCF.

Just like the fans of these two teams are totally content with the Flyers being no where near the Playoffs!

aeroshady 05-09-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16785420)
I wouldn't mind a first time winner this year

Nashville over the Caps work for you? ;)

Climb2safety 05-09-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16785428)
Nashville over the Caps work for you? ;)

It would be better than getting knocked out tomorrow :)

hailtopitt 05-09-2017 10:20 AM

Whatever happens tomorrow, I love you guys. I might not make it past tomorrow night though. We have a lot of bridges here and I might have to use one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeroshady 05-09-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16785436)
Whatever happens tomorrow, I love you guys. I might not make it past tomorrow night though. We have a lot of bridges here and I might have to use one.

To cross over into Ohio so you can be a Blue Jackets fan?

jrkarger 05-09-2017 10:21 AM

:lol :lol

Climb2safety 05-09-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

If you want to do it right, duck tape yourself to all your Stanley cups to make sure you sink quickly. Super bowl rings work too.

barbogast 05-09-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16785437)

:lol :lol :lol

Roose13 05-09-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

:lol:lol:lol

This fucking wins for the day

kev87lads 05-09-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

:lol Good one.

Though all the bridges are in Pittsburgh proper. No bridge to actually cross over from PA into Ohio. So geography fail. Yep. I became THAT guy.

#alloutofboninosauce

Roose13 05-09-2017 11:01 AM

You're really fun at parties, Kev

kev87lads 05-09-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16785499)
You're really fun at parties, Kev

I know, right. I'm terrible.

Dramageek 05-09-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Don't do it man! It's gonna sting hard if/when they lose on Wednesday. But the window's still wide open, and they have some good players coming up, like Sprong. I like their chances next year barring any catastrophic injuries.

As for Oilers/Ducks, I enjoy the Oilers and would love to see them advance. No problem with the Ducks, though. But I like Nashville to come out of the West. Subban's occasional antics aside, they're a fun team, too.

I hope the Rags win tonight so the series goes 7. I don't know if either of those teams have what it takes to take on the Caps or whoever comes out of the West, but we shall see.

Dramageek 05-09-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Don't do it man! It's gonna sting hard if/when they lose on Wednesday. But the window's still wide open, and they have some good players coming up, like Sprong. I like their chances next year barring any catastrophic injuries.

As for Oilers/Ducks, I enjoy the Oilers and would love to see them advance. No problem with the Ducks, though. But I like Nashville to come out of the West. Subban's occasional antics aside, they're a fun team, too.

I hope the Rags win tonight so the series goes 7. I don't know if either of those teams have what it takes to take on the Caps or whoever comes out of the West, but we shall see.

swordo84 05-09-2017 11:23 AM

Doesn't bother me that Canadian teams don't win the cup. Majority of players are Canadians anyway so it's all good.

~Crashintome89~ 05-09-2017 12:33 PM

*has best player in the league on team*

*just celebrated winning a Stanley Cup the previous season*

*still jumping off a bridge because his injury-ridden team MIGHT blow a series lead against a healthier, superior team*

Penns fans in this thread.