Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 07-01-2016 05:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

I still think the Rangers have a chance at Stammer.

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16496774)
I still think the Rangers have a chance at Stammer.

They'll get him when his contract is up at 34 maybe.

swordo84 07-01-2016 05:58 AM

Avs fans, whats the skinny on Tyson Barrie? Sounds like the Oilers might be trying to nab him....possibly for Nuge?!

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 06:29 AM

Reports of Helm being close to re-signing with the Wings. Just him and Nielsen if both end up true? So still a bubble team. I just don't see how it's worth it. Not saying tank but why make moves if it doesn't make you better than you were last year?

barbogast 07-01-2016 06:50 AM

I've been so out of touch with free agency this year. Mostly because I expect the Caps won't do much.

Lcsulla 07-01-2016 06:55 AM

Ekblad gets 8 years for 60 mil. Damn, nice extension for the kid and a smart move by FLA to tie him up.

kev87lads 07-01-2016 07:06 AM

I love Tim's annoyance on here and VERY vocal on Twitter. It's a good time. (By the way, I agree with what you are saying. - I'm just enjoying the show.)

barbogast 07-01-2016 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16496903)
Ekblad gets 8 years for 60 mil. Damn, nice extension for the kid and a smart move by FLA to tie him up.

Yeah, great decision to lock him up long term like that. In a world where acquiring top tier defenseman is as easy as finding a patch of four leaf clovers (ahem, Nashville, the fuck were you guys thinking?) Ekblad is absolutely worth hanging on to. He'll be worth every bit of that contract. Good for the Panthers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16496782)

Now THAT sounds like the New York Rangers

salrx95 07-01-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16496782)

A youth movement in the works. Nice

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16496930)
I love Tim's annoyance on here and VERY vocal on Twitter. It's a good time. (By the way, I agree with what you are saying. - I'm just enjoying the show.)

I accept that they are in transition. Stamkos made so much sense because he was a #1 center and changes the dynamic of that team. That money made sense cause then you could let the young guys develop slowly. Nielsen for 50-60 points? Why spend the money? He'll get you the points Pavel got you last year or around that. So again...it puts you as a bubble team. Is that good for your long term outlook? I understand not wanting to tank, but honestly with the young talent they have on the team now with Larkin, Abby, Tatar, Nyquist, Mantha probably and Mrazek in net they are never gonna be LEAFS bad so letting the kids play wouldn't be taking, it would be seeing where they go and if you miss the playoffs by a lot you get a chance at higher end talent.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16496934)
Now THAT sounds like the New York Rangers

Yep. lol

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 07:19 AM

@Real_ESPNLeBrun:
Detroit Red Wings showing interest in Alex Radulov.

KHL options going to shit. 1 year deal at an easy cap hit I 'd do it. If he gives it his all, with Nielsen and Helm along with Tats and Nyquist having better years...then they might be better. Still the long term outlook? I dunno. Short term: Cup contender? I don't think so.

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 07:23 AM

I thought with not much drama around the Wings I wouldn't be paying attention. I'm not getting any work done. lol

fonzz41 07-01-2016 07:33 AM

I had a feeling the Habs weren't done. Radulov is risky.

fonzz41 07-01-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16496802)
Avs fans, whats the skinny on Tyson Barrie? Sounds like the Oilers might be trying to nab him....possibly for Nuge?!

He's a wonderful offensive talent who can run a PP. he's super sneaky about when he jumps into a play and is a really good finisher. He's the type of guy you want on the ice in OT, as he's got the penchant to score the big goals.

That said, he's an absolute liability in his own zone. Seems to have very little actual defensive instincts and requires a good D partner to make up for his errors.

I'd be surprised if the Avs did a deal for Nuge with him. RNH is basically cut from the same cloth as Duchene and they really don't need him. I could see it being a part of a 3-way trade... Maybe Barrie to EDM, Nuge to WPG, and Trouba to COL?

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16496961)
I had a feeling the Habs weren't done. Radulov is risky.

Yeah I'm curious about the $$ and term. One year, like I said with the Wings, I'd probably do it as long as it's not too high of a cap hit. But I agree with all the people saying "They wanted more character and go with Radulov? ok."

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 07:45 AM

Also funny to see different reactions on players. Most people outside of Detroit: "Nice cap hit for Helm and can play in all situations." In Detroit: "way too high and 5 years? Why?!?!?" Me I'm in between. Cap hit is fine and sure 5 years but not like you are paying him $7mil and he'll be 34 when it's done. Also a trade-able contract. I think some people think a team should be able to get the perfect $ and perfect term all the time. That's not how it works, especially with the cap and all teams being pretty much on an even level. Wings had to give Mike Green $6mil to get it at only 3 years. It's call a negotiation....not NHL 99.

salrx95 07-01-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16496974)
Yeah I'm curious about the $$ and term. One year, like I said with the Wings, I'd probably do it as long as it's not too high of a cap hit. But I agree with all the people saying "They wanted more character and go with Radulov? ok."

Maybe him and Weber had a connection back then and will help transition him back.

swordo84 07-01-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16496969)
He's a wonderful offensive talent who can run a PP. he's super sneaky about when he jumps into a play and is a really good finisher. He's the type of guy you want on the ice in OT, as he's got the penchant to score the big goals.

That said, he's an absolute liability in his own zone. Seems to have very little actual defensive instincts and requires a good D partner to make up for his errors.

I'd be surprised if the Avs did a deal for Nuge with him. RNH is basically cut from the same cloth as Duchene and they really don't need him. I could see it being a part of a 3-way trade... Maybe Barrie to EDM, Nuge to WPG, and Trouba to COL?

We've already got enough of that, thanks.

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16496985)
Maybe him and Weber had a connection back then and will help transition him back.

Maybe, although someone posted this from 4 years ago:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2012/05/18/...nted-him-back/

things change but who knows. Still an hour to go and lots of drama.

salrx95 07-01-2016 07:56 AM

Recent tweet has isles and franz moving on. :lorraine

Maybe he will be a wing in a hour

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16497001)
Recent tweet has isles and franz moving on. :lorraine

Maybe he will be a wing in a hour

It sure seems like it. What as the last offer they had for him? $5.5mil? Wings giving him more than that? Sigh....

salrx95 07-01-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16497007)
It sure seems like it. What as the last offer they had for him? $5.5mil? Wings giving him more than that? Sigh....

Reported at 5.5 but someone, I forget who, said he felt it was really lower than. Like I said yesterday, hard to get anything out of Snow so who knows.

salrx95 07-01-2016 08:13 AM

Dreger feels Okposo to buffalo seems most likely.

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16497040)
Dreger feels Okposo to buffalo seems most likely.

That's a good fit but the rumors were 7 years and 7mil per...for a guy who has broken 24 goals once and he got to play with Tavares.

Oh btw, rumors of Ladd for 7 years to the Isles...he's 30.

I'm not too crazy about the Helm deal but there was one blog post about how it was awful and some dude going on a rant. I get not being too happy with it but don't be tunnel visioned and ignore the other stupid fucking deals and say Holland could have spend the money better elsewhere when Looch is gonna get 42mil and Okposo 49mil and Ladd 7 years...Want to argue he's better off not spending money? You got me. Better elsewhere? Fuck no.

Lcsulla 07-01-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16496934)
Yeah, great decision to lock him up long term like that. In a world where acquiring top tier defenseman is as easy as finding a patch of four leaf clovers (ahem, Nashville, the fuck were you guys thinking?) Ekblad is absolutely worth hanging on to. He'll be worth every bit of that contract. Good for the Panthers.

Agree completely. You have a young, calder winning defenseman who is getting better and better the smart move is to lock him up and protect him from the expansion draft. Even better because it is a good contract for FL specifically considering the lack of defensive talent on the market right now - no one wants to part with a top d man.

Today should be interesting: wondering if Okposo, Lucic, Ladd, Backes, Brouwer, Eriksson, Boedker, Demers or Campbell are signed today. Kucherov will also be a big wild card IMO - he is young, talented as hell but restricted so I am not sure what it would take to land him - 6 years minimum I would think.

salrx95 07-01-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16497050)
That's a good fit but the rumors were 7 years and 7mil per...for a guy who has broken 24 goals once and he got to play with Tavares.

Oh btw, rumors of Ladd for 7 years to the Isles...he's 30.

I'm not too crazy about the Helm deal but there was one blog post about how it was awful and some dude going on a rant. I get not being too happy with it but don't be tunnel visioned and ignore the other stupid fucking deals and say Holland could have spend the money better elsewhere when Looch is gonna get 42mil and Okposo 49mil and Ladd 7 years...Want to argue he's better off not spending money? You got me. Better elsewhere? Fuck no.

To be fair, Okposo played a lot over the years with nielsen , too and others. Never was he strictly with Tavares. He is arguably the best forward ufa considering age, skill, etc and will get overpaid as expected.

Ladd will be 1-2 years too many but jt peak is the next 4 years plus gms never worry about last 2 years of these long term deals just the front 2/3rds or so.

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 08:44 AM

First 4 years is fine for Ladd, I guess depending on the price, but yeah the last few years of that deal will be tough.

salrx95 07-01-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16497118)
First 4 years is fine for Ladd, I guess depending on the price, but yeah the last few years of that deal will be tough.

Seeing confirmed for 7. Hopefully, they added a year to get the money down per season.

fonzz41 07-01-2016 08:53 AM

Hey homies, do you know if TSN is streaming the free agency coverage?

I plan on being 0% productive today.

TMoore4075 07-01-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16497147)
Hey homies, do you know if TSN is streaming the free agency coverage?

I plan on being 0% productive today.

I tried and it wouldn't let me. They make you sign into your cable provider now so my faking my VPN won't work. Gotta deal with sportsnet via NHL.com.... blah. It's better than nothing I guess.