Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

MOWJO8185 04-15-2016 08:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Blues fan here. Blackhawks looked like a completely different team after we went up 1-0. Just found another gear that we couldn't match.

MOWJO8185 04-15-2016 09:00 PM

Also, no complaints from me on either of the scoring play calls, but I think St Louis has a legitimate beef with the embellishment call that led to a 4 on 4 instead of a power play.

lockman21 04-15-2016 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 16375723)
Also, no complaints from me on either of the scoring play calls, but I think St Louis has a legitimate beef with the embellishment call that led to a 4 on 4 instead of a power play.

Meh. Maybe. But then the Hawks also have legitimate beef with the non-slashing call on Kane's breakaway.

We could talk in circles every game about arguable calls. That's hockey, especially in the playoffs. It's a fast game and I think those guys called a pretty damn good game. Two good teams, we knew it'd be a battle.

Brohan_Santana 04-15-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16374364)
I get what Simmonds was trying to do and appreciate it to a degree. Wilson's hit was reckless, and Simmonds was right to be upset about it. I know I would be. And Simmonds' response wasn't just about that hit in that instance, it was about future hits like that down the road. He was sending a message. I love seeing teammates stand up for each other like that.

Where he went wrong - and many of you have already articulated this - is in the timing. When you're a critical part of your team's offense and PP, you've got to put yourself in a position to help the team at the end of the game. Tangle up with Wilson, say a few words, and then save it for later. And guys, Wilson's a sly guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he was like, "wait, SIMMONDS is coming after me?? If I can get him to go with me right now, he'll be gone the rest of the game..." He knows Simmonds means a helluva lot more to his team in the final minutes of a game than he (Wilson) does to his own team in the same situation.

On a related note, I like Wilson's tenacity, heart, and relative skill level for a guy his size, but dude needs to learn some control when he hits. It's cool to hit hard, but learn to keep the elbows down, feet on the ice, etc. Watch some Matt Martin video or something. It just seems like we're talking about questionable hits by him way more than we should have to.

Wilson sure can be a pest, but most people are quick to forget he eats up major PK minutes on the leagues 2nd best PK in regular season

trd1610 04-15-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16375592)
I love that we have a new guy and he's basically just talking to himself.

I've been in and out during the regular season. Commented about Stammer's injury a few weeks ago.

I was around last year during the playoffs as well, no one else wants to talk about the Lightning and Detroit, I'll do it with myself lol.

dmbetc 04-15-2016 09:25 PM

I want to punch Brian Hayward in his stupid little mouth

lockman21 04-15-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16375734)
I've been in and out during the regular season. Commented about Stammer's injury a few weeks ago.

I was around last year during the playoffs as well, no one else wants to talk about the Lightning and Detroit, I'll do it with myself lol.

That brawl was something else...I'll have more comments tomorrow. Going out for beers now.

lockman21 04-15-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16375744)
I want to punch Brian Hayward in his stupid little mouth

I feel like he would enjoy that.

dmbetc 04-15-2016 10:29 PM

Watching Ducks lose is so pleasuring.

Speilmen230 04-15-2016 11:45 PM

My prediction for Stanley Cup: Dallas vs Washington

If i was voting with my heart, Chicago vs Washington.

nampahcj 04-16-2016 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16375653)
Go Preds!

Finally something in hockey I can root with you! :bounce

Tomorrow night gonna be a fkn bloodbath..

dmbetc 04-16-2016 01:26 AM

If Kings don't win tomorrow I don't know how I'll deal with this series.

JRS1386 04-16-2016 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16375916)
If Kings don't win tomorrow I don't know how I'll deal with this series.

By rooting for the Rangers?

BotheLaneFan 04-16-2016 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16375919)

Nah, hopefully they'll get murder-death-killed too.

salrx95 04-16-2016 06:23 AM

Disappointing loss but very happy with the split. Hope to come out strong at home. TAvares needs help. Can't do it alone.

Watched the end of that crazy hawks game. Lots of controversy.

Big question for today is will Henrik play and get a chance to work on that below .500 career playoff record.

~Crashintome89~ 04-16-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

:lol :lol :lol

lockman21 04-16-2016 07:43 AM

Love the Preds winning. Keep that up, Nashville.

aeroshady 04-16-2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16375734)

Haha I remember you well from last year. Hard not to notice the Lightning fan when your team lost to them.

Welcome back, try to stick around for the regular season more though.

Climb2safety 04-16-2016 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16375733)
Wilson sure can be a pest, but most people are quick to forget he eats up major PK minutes on the leagues 2nd best PK in regular season

I fucking love Tom Wilson. Only 22 years old and only going to get better and better. Dudes going to be a fixture in Washington for years to come.

dmbetc 04-16-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16375922)
Nah, hopefully they'll get murder-death-killed too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16375979)
:lol :lol :lol

https://media3.giphy.com/media/zUZ12TXAILoHK/200w.gif

Lcsulla 04-16-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 16375712)
Blues fan here. Blackhawks looked like a completely different team after we went up 1-0. Just found another gear that we couldn't match.

Yeah, if St. Louis does not ice that puck with 6 seconds left in the second no chance Keith ties that game up heading into period 3. You have a great team there with a goalie who plays amazing - though sometimes he doesn't seem to track the puck all that well on longer shots. Backes is as classy as they come in his post game statements. This is going to be a brutal and exciting best of 5 now! Sort of a shame it is a first round matchup because both of these teams could be battling in the conference final.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 16375723)

Agreed on the scoring calls but I do think he embellished that a bit, also as Lockman said the Hawks had a legit beef that there was no slashing call on Kane's breakaway. The spirit, talent and drive of the Blues is great to watch but their coach is acting like a two year old complaining that some sort of fix is in so the Blues lose. After the game he said ""When you play the defending Cup champions, you're going to have to fight through a lot of stuff," Hitchcock said. "Calls aren't going to go your way, you're not going to get the officiating you want. It's always going to seem like it's one-sided. Big deal, fight through it." Unlike the players who all took it in stride and did not gripe much Hitchcock seems to be more rattled than needed after losing one game. That attitude is not helpful to a team IMO because players often draw on the emotion and words of the coach and it could have a negative effect going foreword.

Lcsulla 04-16-2016 11:42 AM

Nice to see Larkin get his first playoff goal despite the result.

Looks like Hank will be back in net in 20 minutes and hopefully get a road win to even up that series at 1 each.

Think the Caps will again come out firing and win handily.

Kings have to be careful not to go down 2 games at home tonight and basically squander home ice advantage.

Maybe the Wild will actually show up to play tonight!

aeroshady 04-16-2016 11:58 AM

Alright! Season is probably on the line for the Rangers if they can't get it done today! Lets Go Rangers!

Such a nice day out for a playoff game!!!

trd1610 04-16-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16375987)
Haha I remember you well from last year. Hard not to notice the Lightning fan when your team lost to them.

Welcome back, try to stick around for the regular season more though.

Hahaha thanks, and yeah that was a great series.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster in most threads. Every once in a while I'll give my two cents, I'll try to be more engaged in this one for next year for sure.

aeroshady 04-16-2016 12:29 PM

Much better pace to start this game. Fun hockey. Probably favors the Pens, but I would rather watch this pace haha.

Dramageek 04-16-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16376090)
Much better pace to start this game. Fun hockey. Probably favors the Pens, but I would rather watch this pace haha.

:lol Agreed. Enjoying this game so far!

aeroshady 04-16-2016 12:56 PM

Good first period. Lower scoring games play more into the Rangers style. Hope that holds true here!

BotheLaneFan 04-16-2016 01:14 PM

Very fun watch so far.

Dramageek 04-16-2016 01:15 PM

So glad it was Rick Nash on that breakaway. :lol

Dramageek 04-16-2016 01:18 PM

That was just disgusting. :lol