Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

salrx95 03-04-2016 12:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

The last few posts reminded me that when the coach used to make a goalie change, there was a warm up period allowed and players would shoot pucks at the new goalie to warm him up. Al Arbour was famous for using that to his advantage instead of using his timeout and then go back to the starter quickly.

I'm probably dating myself but does anyone else remember. They likely stopped it around 20+ years ago.

TMoore4075 03-04-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16325011)
The last few posts reminded me that when the coach used to make a goalie change, there was a warm up period allowed and players would shoot pucks at the new goalie to warm him up. Al Arbour was famous for using that to his advantage instead of using his timeout and then go back to the starter quickly.

I'm probably dating myself but does anyone else remember. They likely stopped it around 20+ years ago.

It wasn't even 20 years ago so don't worry about dating yourself. Cause I know it was sometime in the 2000's they stopped. I'm not sure if it was before or after the lockout but they did it for speeding up the game. You still get a breather so there is still advantage to doing it but not nearly as long.

barbogast 03-04-2016 04:48 PM

Another textbook first from the Caps

unccrombie 03-04-2016 05:31 PM

no idea how Toronto gave the Caps that goal
what cameras were they looking at?

unccrombie 03-04-2016 06:45 PM

mediocre 3rd from the rangers, happy to get the win despite that bad call from Toronto

Lcsulla 03-04-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16325204)
no idea how Toronto gave the Caps that goal
what cameras were they looking at?

I often wonder the same thing as you know. Sometimes I think they do not want to over rule the call on the ice and other times I think the NHL in general enjoys the 'buzz' at some of the more absurd calls.

You'd think they could get some sort of smart technology, maybe some sort of sensor in the irons of the net that alerts the refs when a puck crosses the line. If they could do something like that you would really only have the refs change a call due to interference, high sticking or the occasional Andrew Shaw scoring with a header - or someone else who deliberately uses their body to get the puck into the net.

Tiduwho 03-04-2016 07:55 PM

There are people in here that don't believe in the Blackhawks :lol

Lcsulla 03-04-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 16325285)

I was replying to a bad call and did not mention the hawks, I just noted that play from last years final when Shaw headed the puck in as an example off a reason a call might be reversed.

fonzz41 03-04-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

I think most, if not all of us, believe the Hawks are poised for a repeat.

But that doesn't mean we want them to.

salrx95 03-05-2016 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16325368)
I think most, if not all of us, believe the Hawks are poised for a repeat.

But that doesn't mean we want them to.

I'd rather the Hawks win it or anyone in the west win it than anyone from the Metropolitan except the Islanders.

TMoore4075 03-05-2016 04:33 AM

So the Caps won't be breaking the win record, which I have no problem with. And the Devils should be all but done. 5 pts behind the Pens and the Pens have in hand and 6 points behind the Wings and the Wings have 2 in hand.

barbogast 03-05-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

I haven't seen them

unccrombie 03-05-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16325281)
I often wonder the same thing as you know. Sometimes I think they do not want to over rule the call on the ice and other times I think the NHL in general enjoys the 'buzz' at some of the more absurd calls.

You'd think they could get some sort of smart technology, maybe some sort of sensor in the irons of the net that alerts the refs when a puck crosses the line. If they could do something like that you would really only have the refs change a call due to interference, high sticking or the occasional Andrew Shaw scoring with a header - or someone else who deliberately uses their body to get the puck into the net.

there was no camera angle shown to the viewers last night that showed the puck definitively cross the goal line. call on the ice was no goal. when the referee announced the good goal he said there was evidence the puck crosses the line.

even the Caps announcers were shocked.

barbogast 03-05-2016 08:56 AM

Yeah I was shocked too. No idea how it counted

dmbetc 03-05-2016 10:03 AM

Ducks/Kings..huge game today

aeroshady 03-05-2016 11:12 AM

Man, I take two days off from hockey cause work got crazy and I come back to see Hank lost his mind and our back up stealing us a win from the best team in hockey this year. What the hell happened haha

TMoore4075 03-05-2016 02:52 PM

Thanks Flames.

Brohan_Santana 03-05-2016 03:11 PM

The Penguins losing the Flames playing on the road :lol :lol :lol :lol

JRS1386 03-05-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16325875)
The Penguins losing the Flames playing on the road :lol :lol :lol :lol

Capitals in the playoffs :lol :lol :lol :lol

JRS1386 03-05-2016 06:42 PM

CBJ :lol

salrx95 03-06-2016 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16325768)
Ducks/Kings..huge game today

That line semi brawl was awesome. Ole time hockey right there.

barbogast 03-06-2016 06:16 AM

The Caps all of a sudden have an insanely impressive 4th line. Absolutely relentless on the forecheck. They were clearly frustrating the Bruins last night.

Also, Grubauer pretty good back up. Very strong game from him last night.

Still think there's a lot to be desired in the way they're playing right now. Another mediocre effort disguised as a win.

Roose13 03-06-2016 06:53 AM

Flyers scored six goals and I get no points from Ghost. So lame.

dmbetc 03-06-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16326133)
That line semi brawl was awesome. Ole time hockey right there.

It was great, two great fights emerging from a pile up? Top notch. Too bad Kings couldn't pull off the W. It's the worst to lost against the Ducks.

TMoore4075 03-06-2016 11:11 AM

Jets and Oilers, too bad one is bad and one sucks, will be the Heritage Classic in the fall.

lockman21 03-06-2016 11:16 AM

I have a feeling this year's playoffs are going to be the best since 2010.

TMoore4075 03-06-2016 03:18 PM

I think we have a goaltending controversy.

Lcsulla 03-06-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16325705)
there was no camera angle shown to the viewers last night that showed the puck definitively cross the goal line. call on the ice was no goal. when the referee announced the good goal he said there was evidence the puck crosses the line.

even the Caps announcers were shocked.

Yeah, that was an awful call, no idea how they screwed that one up so badly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16326242)
It was great, two great fights emerging from a pile up? Top notch. Too bad Kings couldn't pull off the W. It's the worst to lost against the Ducks.

Unbelievable, I thought you all would walk away with that division but Anaheim is on fire since like Christmas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16326330)
Jets and Oilers, too bad one is bad and one sucks, will be the Heritage Classic in the fall.

Yeah, not exactly one to mark your calendar for though will be cool to see the old timers game with Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Fuhr, McSorley, etc, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16326442)
I think we have a goaltending controversy.

That was a complete bitch move by Mrazek to bitch his D out like that and I agree with him getting pulled. It is like the pitcher who throws down his glove after an error, just looks so whiny considering the players never bitch the pitchers out for giving up a 3 run dinger. That cheapshot on Toews had me worried for a moment too, nice to see Rozi get his 300th point, he is playing much better lately. No idea how you let Kane get that wide open to net one 21 seconds into the game. Hawks need to stop taking stupid penalties though and need to kill this one off to start the third and then put some more pressure on Detroit which has been lacking for about the past 30 to 35 minutes now!

Roose13 03-06-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16326332)
I have a feeling this year's playoffs are going to be the best since 2010.

God 2010 was so amazing.

aeroshady 03-06-2016 04:47 PM

Very bad loss for the Rangers tonight. Can't lose games to teams that close to you in the standings this late. I get that Hank is out, but when the Icelanders lock down home ice advantage we will look back at this game.

On the flip side of things, my men's team won our curling tournament this weekend!