Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 06:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

lol refs

theyre all legit, just funny how they work out

Dramageek 02-25-2015 06:21 PM

The first several minutes of this period call for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XbL7lG0Su8

barbogast 02-25-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15842407)
:lol Good point! But you can always remind her of that time they won the President's Trophy!

And no one can ever take that away from us

barbogast 02-25-2015 06:26 PM

Caps really shitting the bed tonight. Not a good effort at all

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 06:30 PM

special team fest

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 07:04 PM

Have to think these refs got a talking to after last week. One of the refs is the same from that game. They are literally calling anything questionable. This is a real example as it how much referees effect an NHL game

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15842297)
Spaling has to fit in there somewhere too, I guess that's where Adams gets left out, I'm not sure

Also, LOL Backstrom just did a TERRIBLE job defensively which lead to a Pens goal...nice

:lol knew I forgot someone. I'm an idiot. Swap Adams for spaling.

barbogast 02-25-2015 07:10 PM

This power play has been extremely frustrating to watch lately. Desperately needs a new look

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 07:14 PM

Apparently Bettman is at this game. No wonder it has been called so tight.

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 07:19 PM

malkin has been a monster this game

barbogast 02-25-2015 07:28 PM

Too bad the UVA basketball game ended at 9. Would much rather watch that than this shit show. Really unimpressed tonight, particularly with the top line. As hard as I blew Backstrom this morning, he's had a really bad showing tonight. That power play has been so flat the last three games. They need to shake that up. It's so predictable right now and the Pens have it on lock tonight.

Brohan_Santana 02-25-2015 07:57 PM

Lol at whoever said "the penguins get no penalties"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbogast 02-25-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15842567)
Lol at whoever said "the penguins get no penalties"

Literally no one said that

Brohan_Santana 02-25-2015 08:12 PM

The thing about the Caps PP is that everyone knows Ovechkin is going shoot it, yet he still gets it in the back of the net.

They will have to adapt and make some changes. Right before the 2nd intermission Carlson had some good looks.

Overall shitty game for the Caps. Ward should have had 2 goals, just couldn't finish. Frustrating when other lines don't get done.

Niskannen has been great this year but here's another game where you can point at one particularly play and put blame on him. Kuznetsov has been hot and cold. He's been cold much more often.

Move on and focus on the next one.

Brohan_Santana 02-25-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842576)
Literally no one said that

Someone said it after last game.

dmbetc 02-25-2015 11:24 PM

I find this very humorous http://m.thn.com/blog/eric-lindros-f...ormer-referee/

lockman21 02-26-2015 04:28 AM

Woke up this morning hoping to feel better about this...nope, still depressed.

This fucking sucks.

salrx95 02-26-2015 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15842754)
Woke up this morning hoping to feel better about this...nope, still depressed.

This fucking sucks.

I feel your pain. Obviously, the Islanders weren't a cup contender last year but when we lost JT for the season and it wasn't even in an Islander game, it was a real blow to the fanbase. Been nervous for weeks now that we are good this year that we will lose someone. We have survived Okposo so far but if we lost JT or Halak or either of the top 3 D, I'd be worried sick.

TMoore4075 02-26-2015 05:47 AM

Wings only had Datsyuk and Zetterberg together for 29 games last year. Combined they barely played a full season. I feel ya. Hope you don't lose anyone else. I think they can weather it if guys step up.

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 06:04 AM

i have a feeling the penguins would murder the Caps in the playoffs....just a hunch

lots of Pens fans in the building last night

#LoVE Fleury taking that penalty at the end even though it led to a goal. Too bad the refs didn't see Ward knee him in the head, otherwise that game never even gets close

barbogast 02-26-2015 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15842859)
i have a feeling the penguins would murder the Caps in the playoffs....just a hunch

lots of Pens fans in the building last night

#LoVE Fleury taking that penalty at the end even though it led to a goal. Too bad the refs didn't see Ward knee him in the head, otherwise that game never even gets close

That's nothing unusual

and yeah, I don't think the Caps would do well in a series against Pittsburgh either. I'm not so sure the Caps will do well against anyone, especially if they play like they did last night

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842882)
That's nothing unusual

and yeah, I don't think the Caps would do well in a series against Pittsburgh either. I'm not so sure the Caps will do well against anyone, especially if they play like they did last night

i think the Caps are really good, and honestly, who know what would happen in a playoff series. it's just a gut feeling...the Caps had absolutely no answer for Malkin last night. he had free reign all night long

Pens are going to be hard to beat if their top 2 lines are rolling on the same night...Malkin is a monster this year

also, the book is out on the Washington PP...every team was taking notes last night on how to defend it. the Caps are dangerous with the man advantage, but if you neutralize the left side of the ice they are very 1 dimensional

barbogast 02-26-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15842897)
i think the Caps are really good, and honestly, who know what would happen in a playoff series. it's just a gut feeling...the Caps had absolutely no answer for Malkin last night. he had free reign all night long

Pens are going to be hard to beat if their top 2 lines are rolling on the same night...Malkin is a monster this year

also, the book is out on the Washington PP...every team was taking notes last night on how to defend it. the Caps are dangerous with the man advantage, but if you neutralize the left side of the ice they are very 1 dimensional

Yeah shame on Wilson for waking Malkin up with the pre game bullshit he pulled. Malkin was easily the best player on the ice last night.

And that's exactly what I was saying repeatedly last night. The power play is way too predictable and stagnant, it's amazing they score as often as they do. It really shows how skilled those players really are, but imagine if they got a little creative with it, I feel like they could easily run 30% all the time

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842919)
Yeah shame on Wilson for waking Malkin up with the pre game bullshit he pulled. Malkin was easily the best player on the ice last night.

And that's exactly what I was saying repeatedly last night. The power play is way too predictable and stagnant, it's amazing they score as often as they do. It really shows how skilled those players really are, but imagine if they got a little creative with it, I feel like they could easily run 30% all the time

agreed

so is Niskanen on the 1st PP or the 2nd?

because he was on the 2nd PP in pittsburgh and i always thought he deserved more PP minutes

he can move the puck, his shots rarely miss the target, and when he loads it up he can fire it with the best of them

like i said last week, i REALLY miss Orpik, but Niskanen too...Caps really upgraded with those guys :shrug

barbogast 02-26-2015 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15842929)
agreed

so is Niskanen on the 1st PP or the 2nd?

because he was on the 2nd PP in pittsburgh and i always thought he deserved more PP minutes

he can move the puck, his shots rarely miss the target, and when he loads it up he can fire it with the best of them

like i said last week, i REALLY miss Orpik, but Niskanen too...Caps really upgraded with those guys :shrug

He is on the second unit. Green runs the point on the first unit, Carlson normally runs the point on the 2nd unit and Niskanen plays in Ovie's spot. I don't feel like they've used Niskanen as effectively as they could this year on the power play

pathetic 02-26-2015 06:45 AM

need 3 out of 4 points this weekend. 4 would be nice, but the bruins really have to start pulling away from florida and philly. There's no reason they should've lost that game against the canucks. still cant believe lack had that kind of a game

fonzz41 02-26-2015 07:21 AM

Waaaaiiiiittttt a second. I just a saw a tweet from NHL on NBC saying some Pens fans just had a baby and named it....

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

Barbs, you dropped the ball with Riley. Shoulda named the kiddo Backstrom Bondra.

unccrombie 02-26-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15843096)
Waaaaiiiiittttt a second. I just a saw a tweet from NHL on NBC saying some Pens fans just had a baby and named it....

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

Barbs, you dropped the ball with Riley. Shoulda named the kiddo Backstrom Bondra.

they talked about that last night during the 1st period of the game
awful

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15843096)

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

yea that was all over the radio yesterday...so dumb

and if you're going to do that, why not name the kid Geno instead of Malkin

that poor kid

fonzz41 02-26-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15843107)
yea that was all over the radio yesterday...so dumb

and if you're going to do that, why not name the kid Geno instead of Malkin

that poor kid

Totally. Or at least gone with Crosby Malkin. Crosby's at least half a decent first name.