Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 07:18 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15832046)
Really great. Riley turns one week old today. I'm holding her in my arm right now as I one handed type this. Been the best week of my life

Well yeah but you've got a handsome 4 (?) year old!

Turns 4 in 23 days. The parents in here have already said it, I know I have, but take it all in. Feels like he was born yesterday.

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 07:23 AM

If you haven't read this yet, you should.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=37210

barbogast 02-19-2015 07:24 AM

Aaaaand I just got thrown up all over. Nice thick one too. Being a dad fucking rocks :lol

barbogast 02-19-2015 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15832067)
If you haven't read this yet, you should.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=37210

Wow. Yeah, really great read and beautiful tribute. Sounds like he was a hell of a good man. Such a shame he went so young

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15832069)
Aaaaand I just got thrown up all over. Nice thick one too. Being a dad fucking rocks :lol

At that age it never bothered me. He did it once in the middle of the night all over my shirt. Put him on the changing table, took shirt off, kept feeding. Amazing the things that you just shrug off that before you would have been like "fucking gross!" Sniffing ass is another. lol

barbogast 02-19-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15832108)
At that age it never bothered me. He did it once in the middle of the night all over my shirt. Put him on the changing table, took shirt off, kept feeding. Amazing the things that you just shrug off that before you would have been like "fucking gross!" Sniffing ass is another. lol

Exactly. The first time I got peed on I was like "hell yes, little girl!" :lol:lol

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15832118)
Exactly. The first time I got peed on I was like "hell yes, little girl!" :lol:lol

That's one place where be happy it's not a boy. Always had to make sure that thing was covered.

pathetic 02-19-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 15831558)
Can't lose to Edmonton.

:lol ugh..this is bad

barbogast 02-19-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15832135)
That's one place where be happy it's not a boy. Always had to make sure that thing was covered.

Yeah I can imagine pee streams flying around uncontrollably. I don't really have to deal with that :lol

salrx95 02-19-2015 07:49 AM

I have been firing blanks for years now so don't look to me for the next kid.

Big game vs the preds tonight. Get to see what they are all about.

fonzz41 02-19-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15831124)
I don't have anything hockey wise to be happy about, but I am happy to share that my wife and I are expecting a baby boy in July :)

DUDE!!!! A hearty congratulations. We are all getting so damn old... It's kind of cool that we've all been hanging out in here for as long as we have. We've all kind of watched each other grow up and it's kind of cool. :snot
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15832061)
Turns 4 in 23 days. The parents in here have already said it, I know I have, but take it all in. Feels like he was born yesterday.

I saw some new pics of him on my FB feed yesterday and I couldn't believe it. He's looking like a normal boy now... no more toddler at all!
Quote:

:lol I remember when my twins were like 18 months old and one had a runny nose. Without thinking, I just reached out and wiped it with my hand. No tissue or anything. That's when I knew I was a dad for real. :lol

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15832161)
DUDE!!!! A hearty congratulations. We are all getting so damn old... It's kind of cool that we've all been hanging out in here for as long as we have. We've all kind of watched each other grow up and it's kind of cool. :snot

I saw some new pics of him on my FB feed yesterday and I couldn't believe it. He's looking like a normal boy now... no more toddler at all!

:lol I remember when my twins were like 18 months old and one had a runny nose. Without thinking, I just reached out and wiped it with my hand. No tissue or anything. That's when I knew I was a dad for real. :lol

To the first one, yeah it's been a while. I mean well before G was even born. I remember coming in here and talking to you guys while I was still in the hospital with him.

He's getting so big. That fact makes me want another because it goes by so fast but other things make me think i'm good.

barbogast 02-19-2015 07:58 AM

I love when the NHL thread gets all dad overload

~Crashintome89~ 02-19-2015 08:07 AM

jeez, can we stop talking about babies peeing.

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15832229)

Haven't been talking about you birthday boy.

fonzz41 02-19-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

I can't WAIT until you have one. The stories we're going to get in this thread...

Hockey talk: Wouldn't mind a Hawks/Wings SCF. And as much as it hurts me to say it, I would probably go for the Wings - for Babcock, mostly. One of my all-time favorite hockey personalities.

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15832240)

Hockey talk: Wouldn't mind a Hawks/Wings SCF. And as much as it hurts me to say it, I would probably go for the Wings - for Babcock, mostly. One of my all-time favorite hockey personalities.

I will say it again. PLEASE STAY!

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 08:57 AM

Looking at the standings, didn't realize how far SJ has fallen. not even in the playoffs right now.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-19-2015 09:04 AM

SCF this year is going to be columbus and st louis.

sorry to everyone who is not a fan of either of those teams.

dmbetc 02-19-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15832371)
Looking at the standings, didn't realize how far SJ has fallen. not even in the playoffs right now.

:monkey:monkey

Roose13 02-19-2015 09:11 AM

The Flyers are only seven points out of a playoff spot. So shocking.

fonzz41 02-19-2015 09:12 AM

Hey Matthew (crashintome), happy birthday, old timer. May all that is OMGCG permeate your every fiber, from now until forever.

~Crashintome89~ 02-19-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15832398)

Zilla is going to melt when they make the playoffs.

socopithy 02-19-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15832489)

Because he's the snowball in hell?

kev87lads 02-19-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15832108)

I know. It's weird. But this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15832157)
I have been firing blanks for years now so don't look to me for the next kid.

Big game vs the preds tonight. Get to see what they are all about.

Some of this for me as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15832194)
I love when the NHL thread gets all dad overload

This.

Quote:

Happy Birthday chief.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15832398)

It's weird. Feels like they're 15 out. But they probably don't have enough to make a run. Too inconsistent. Not winning the games they should. Just blew three in the 3rd in the last week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15832489)

He wouldn't melt. He'll come in here all.... "Can't believe they made it with this joke of a team. They're not going anywhere. You all love Holmgren. I remember! YOU ALL said it. I didn't. Flyers have no direction." (they won't go anywhere. Which is OK. Neither do/are any of the other Philly teams. Sixers on just as much of a drought as Flyers now. And Eagles. Kennedy was almost President.....)

fonzz41 02-19-2015 11:14 AM

I always look forward to Kev's hilarious and all-encompassing multi-posts. Just covering his bases and letting us know he's still around. :)

Almost as much as I look forward to seeing if the Avs are able to trade Briere at the trade deadline.

~Crashintome89~ 02-19-2015 11:18 AM

thanks for the birthday wishes, ya'll.

Actually going to the game tonight. Really glad LeClair and Lindros will be there since I missed their induction ceremony in November.

fonzz41 02-19-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15832736)

Actually going to the game tonight. Really glad LeClair and Lindros will be there since I missed their induction ceremony in November.

Alright, guys, should we tell him what we got him for his birthday?

I'll just say this - If John LeClair shows up and starts giving you a lap dance, just go with it.

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15832736)

Maybe Yzerman will be there to blast a blue line shot in, just to complete the evening.

TMoore4075 02-19-2015 12:03 PM

Want outside opinions. A big debate on what site is whether Fedorov's #91 should hang at Joe Louis, or the new arena when it's ready. One guy on the comments was VERY vocal and kept pointing to stats and nothing about Fedorov's personal relationship with Illitch should come into play. He then tried to say to the people who said the number won't or shouldn't be retired that what if Datsyuk retired after this year would you retire his? Which isn't going to happen and even if it did, not at all close to the same thing that went down with Sergei. Fedorov is one of the best, although he probably could have been even better. He helped this team win 3 Cups, that ain't nothing, and by all accounts liked his teammates. But there were the selfish moments. Wouldn't sign after 97 and eventually signed an offer sheet with Carolina (owned by one of the Illitch's "enemies" Karmanos) with a very front loaded contract and the Wings matched so forcing him to stay. He then was offered at one time $10mil per year and $8mil per year from the Wings during the 02-03 season and Illitch met with him personally a few times I believe. Then he signs with the Ducks (totally his right don't get me wrong) for the same money that the Wings were offering. Fans were pretty pissed by this, although I wasn't surprised, and it seemed to make Illitch mad too. Things have calmed down and he played in the alumni game here but all of that is a lot to an owner who values loyalty. I mean Yzerman got a job here and Maltby, Draper, Chelios and Jiri Fischer all have jobs in the organization. What do you guys think? Should he or will he get his # retired? Obviously I know not being around all of this is hard to make a judgement but was curious.