Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 04-11-2018 07:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061226)
No melts here. I crowned Crosby tonight

Pens are good but I also don’t think Crosby or the Pens respect the luck or support from the role players. Role players never get the limelight

I think the fact that the HBK line was celebrated as much as it was directly contradicts this post. The Pens are no more or less guilty than any other team as far as giving credit to role players.

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17061232)
This is literally incoherent jibberish.

Did HBK lift the cup 2 years ago? No. But they were the reason they advanced

Did MAF lift the cups at year? No. And he’s the reason they won that cup

Right people at the right time.

Again I’ll trade luck over skill 12/10 times

TheLastPig 04-11-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061235)

How drunk are you right now?

Dramageek 04-11-2018 07:15 PM

Knights wasting no time.

barbogast 04-11-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061235)

Every member of that line, plus Fluery last year, did in fact lift the Cup

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 07:18 PM

As a Caps fan I hate the Pens. I also know they’ve been the kryptonite to the Caps

When Cosby went down last year I remember saying to myself, “I don’t want to beat the Pens down their best player”. Call it an ego thing or whatever you want but I genuinely want the Caps to make the run without any outside help

As a Caps fan myself and our fan base have been hurting for a genuine run. I hope we can get it

I want to win but I also don’t want it tainted

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061239)
Every member of that line, plus Fluery last year, did in fact lift the Cup

I know. But who got the spotlight? *insert spotlight song here*

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061244)
As a Caps fan I hate the Pens. I also know they’ve been the kryptonite to the Caps

When Cosby went down last year I remember saying to myself, “I don’t want to beat the Pens down without heir best player”. Call it an ego thing or whatever you want but I genuinely want the Caps to make the run without any outside help

As a Caps fan myself and our fan base have been hurting for a genuine run. I hope we can get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLastPig 04-11-2018 07:20 PM

Put the everclear down, Brohan.

barbogast 04-11-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061244)

When Cosby went down last year I remember saying to myself, “I don’t want to beat the Pens down their best player”. Call it an ego thing or whatever you want but I genuinely want the Caps to make the run without any outside help

When Crosby went down, I remember thinking this is the best chance they’re gonna get. The tainted victory thing is crap. No one remembers stuff like that. Only who won

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061254)
When Crosby went down, I remember thinking this is the best chance they’re gonna get. The tainted victory thing is crap. No one remembers stuff like that. Only who won

Idk man. When I saw that I hated it. I hate seeing players injured and add the fact he was top 2 in the league hurt.

I cheer fo the Caps but I want that vengeance win against the Pens to not be tainted. It’ll just be more satisfying

Hopefully we’re headed for Caps v Pens round 3

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17061250)
Put the everclear down, Brohan.

I live in PA, as do you I think. You should know Everear isn’t legal in PA

~Crashintome89~ 04-11-2018 07:34 PM

brohan had way too many zimas tonight, boys (and Sarah).

barbogast 04-11-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061265)
Idk man. When I saw that I hated it. I hate seeing players injured and add the fact he was top 2 in the league hurt.

I cheer fo the Caps but I want that vengeance win against the Pens to not be tainted. It’ll just be more satisfying

Hopefully we’re headed for Caps v Pens round 3

To be honest, if the Caps were to make a real run, I couldn't care less how it happens. I won't feel cheapened at all if it's against teams that aren't Pittsburgh.

The Caps really turned me off last year. That was a big one for me. Of course I'll always love them, but my willingness to devote significant time to them diminished big time after they got bounced last year. I cut my cable for good this season for the first time, so I haven't watched them hardly at all this season, but I'm back in through Sling for the playoffs. At this point, I just hope they make this fun and don't let us down again. I really don't care who it's against.

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061275)
To be honest, if the Caps were to make a real run, I couldn't care less how it happens. I won't feel cheapened at all if it's against teams that aren't Pittsburgh.

The Caps really turned me off last year. That was a big one for me. Of course I'll always love them, but my willingness to devote significant time to them diminished big time after they got bounced last year. I cut my cable for good this season for the first time, so I haven't watched them hardly at all this season, but I'm back in through Sling for the playoffs. At this point, I just hope they make this fun and don't let us down again. I really don't care who it's against.

I’ve always been an out of market subscriber so ‘Keeping Up with the Caps’ has always been a challenge

I will agree that following them this year has been rough knowing the inevitable outcome. It was easier following them when they were the best team in the league

Will I be there for the SCF’s if they’re there? Of course. Am I as invested this year compared to the previous 2 years? Not in the slightest

barbogast 04-11-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061279)
I’ve always been an out of market subscriber so ‘Keeping Up with the Caps’ has always been a challenge

I will agree that following them this year has been rough knowing the inevitable outcome. It was easier following them when they were the best team in the league

Will I be there for the SCF’s if they’re there? Of course. Am I as invested this year compared to the previous 2 years? Not in the slightest

It's not even just the past two for me. It's a culmination of the entire Ovie era. But I was definitely a guy that watched all of the games year in and year out. This year is the first where I've only followed the team through highlights and columns. It's been liberating :lol I have so much free time!

But I couldn't help myself for the playoffs, I'm a true sucker for these guys. Ready to feel the pain again! :lol I'm actually really excited about the CBJ series. Tortorella is always a good time. Plus we've never faced them before in the playoffs so that should be cool. The Caps definitely shouldn't look past them. I know we all fantasize about Pittsburgh but Columbus is no walk in the park.

Brohan_Santana 04-11-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061283)
It's not even just the past two for me. It's a culmination of the entire Ovie era. But I was definitely a guy that watched all of the games year in and year out. This year is the first where I've only followed the team through highlights and columns. It's been liberating :lol I have so much free time!

But I couldn't help myself for the playoffs, I'm a true sucker for these guys. Ready to feel the pain again! :lol I'm actually really excited about the CBJ series. Tortorella is always a good time. Plus we've never faced them before in the playoffs so that should be cool. The Caps definitely shouldn't look past them. I know we all fantasize about Pittsburgh but Columbus is no walk in the park.

Not at all. But in all honestly I don’t see much difference between this team and past years teams aside from name brand

Caps are talented to win it all. I’m hoping Kuzy and the Rooks can make it happen

barbogast 04-11-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061287)
Not at all. But in all honestly I don’t see much difference between this team and past years teams aside from name brand

Caps are talented to win it all. I’m hoping Kuzy and the Rooks can make it happen

Again I speak as someone who really hasn't watched all that much, but I think they could stand to be stronger defensively. I know there's a lot of deep stats that say they aren't all that great of a team, but I'm not smart enough to fully wrap my head around all the advanced statistics. Plus I really must say again, I don't love the goalie situation currently. I'm not hating on Grubauer, but let's be honest, he's completely inexperienced here. Maybe that won't phase him at all, and maybe it will. But i must say, I'm disappointed Braden didn't have a better season and isn't heading full steam elite status into the playoffs. I think that having that kind of rock solid netminding is huge for a team that really wants to go deep, and I think Braden obviously didn't have his best season ever, and now he finds himself in a position where the only situation that will cause him to see post season minutes is if the team needs a bailout. That's too bad. But it's not all gloom and doom. I think the team can score for sure, I think they've still got the same strong pieces there that they have for the last couple seasons. And they should, at the very least, be able to hang with anyone. So we'll see. I'm hoping for the best. Worst case scenario, I get to cancel this $25 Sling subscription before a month runs up :lol

dmbetc 04-11-2018 08:05 PM

Kings just love playing from behind.

daveshookme 04-11-2018 08:56 PM

Damn. Sorry Sarah, but I think I'm a LVGK fan for the playoffs.

https://deadspin.com/this-is-what-pl...ike-1825196421

dmbetc 04-11-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 17061321)
Damn. Sorry Sarah, but I think I'm a LVGK fan for the playoffs.

https://deadspin.com/this-is-what-pl...ike-1825196421

:lol seriously? Their pre game was awful, it’s like a circus.

dmbetc 04-11-2018 09:26 PM

Kings are not connecting on anything. Vegas has been the better team by far tonight.

And while Quick has made a lot of stellar saves, he’s not seeing the puck well tonight.

cry_minarets458 04-11-2018 09:37 PM

If I didn’t have a flight in 2 hours, it would have been hella cool to watch this game at a bar in Hamburg; if hockey is even a thing here, idk. Love watching the opening runs of the playoffs.

I feel like 3lieve would have been better than 3elieve lol. I get that they’re saying the 3 looks like a B, but three can rhyme with the be in believe. Threelieve. Still pretty shitty tho lol

cry_minarets458 04-11-2018 09:42 PM

The backread was fun. Only thing I wish to comment on was I think the two loudest reactions last year of Pens lifting the cup were MAF and Kessel. If my memory serves correctly.

Also MAF’s tribute video from his return this year showed him hoisting each cup and in the parade. I don’t think there’s any question both from fans and media alike that there would have been no cup without MAF last year.

BotheLaneFan 04-11-2018 09:45 PM

THis is gonna be a long fucking series. Ugh.

dmbetc 04-11-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061326)
Kings are not connecting on anything. Vegas has been the better team by far tonight.

And while Quick has made a lot of stellar saves, he’s not seeing the puck well tonight.

Alright Quick redeemed himself in the 3rd, he had me worried a few times.

Twice Kopitar had the puck in the slot and fucked around trying to get it to his backhand instead of just taking the shot. That was frustrating. Brown missed a wide open net. If they work on getting the puck to the net they will be fine. The Knights are too fast to try to do too much. Keep it simple.

Vegas was more physical, interested to see if they can keep that up. Kempe was the best skater, which surprised me. LaDue was terrible, they need Muzzin back.

dmbetc 04-11-2018 10:31 PM

Jesus, there were 68 hits from the Kings and 58 from Vegas.

jrkarger 04-12-2018 04:42 AM

Random thought: I wish the Jets would use the old school logo. But, as I type this I wonder do the Coyotes still own it?

CrushB610 04-12-2018 05:32 AM

Flyers best line last night was the 4th line :lol

I mean maybe getting an ass whopping like that is the best thing for them. They just weren’t ready for playoff hockey it was clear from the start.

Dramageek 04-12-2018 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17061360)
Random thought: I wish the Jets would use the old school logo. But, as I type this I wonder do the Coyotes still own it?

I'm pretty sure the Coyotes still own it, unfortunately.

I'm also sure every NHL team is doing something nice for the Humboldt Broncos, but this was cool to see:

https://twitter.com/strazsr/status/9...57363912810496

TMoore4075 04-12-2018 05:46 AM

Go Wings!

barbogast 04-12-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061229)
Curmudgeony old man post coming:

Everything about this Vegas pregame BS has irritated me. This is like a damn circus

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061325)

Nice to see someone else thinking clearly

barbogast 04-12-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 17061392)
Flyers best line last night was the 4th line :lol

I mean maybe getting an ass whopping like that is the best thing for them. They just weren’t ready for playoff hockey it was clear from the start.

One would hope they took it as a wake up call for sure. The good thing for the Flyers is this was just game one, if the Flyers can figure it out this game will feel like a distant memory in two weeks. Kevin said it best, if that happens again in game 2, then there is serious cause for concern. But like you said, they just weren't ready for the playoffs, and most likely it'll serve as a big time reality check and the rest of the series will be everything we're hoping it will be.

kev87lads 04-12-2018 06:12 AM

^ Barbs gets it.

WAKE UP MATTY! The AVS HAVE A PLAYOFF GAME TONIGHT!

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061146)
I tried telling them but got laughed at

If it wasn't something to do with:
-Caps
-Flyer
-Penguins
-Chicago
-LA

or

Brad Marchand running someone

Did it really happen according to this thread? Nope. :lol

barbogast 04-12-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17061428)
-Caps
-Flyer
-Penguins
-Chicago
-LA

or

There are other teams in the NHL?

Roose13 04-12-2018 06:31 AM

I see a lot of Zimas were had last night after I logged off :lol:lol

Didn’t know how the media spotlights players is a reflection of a star player’s opinion of them.

Brohan_Santana 04-12-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

-Caps

-Flyer

-Penguins

-Chicago

-LA

or

You dumb? Got 2 great Avs & Wings fans.

We talked about VGK all year & thread title was titled on their behalf

Don’t be so salty

Roose13 04-12-2018 07:04 AM

You think a Bruins fan knows what happens in here before April?

aeroshady 04-12-2018 07:15 AM

I most enjoyed the Jets v Wild game last night. That will be a tight series. Kings and Knights game was too late for me to watch. Vegas seems to really love their team though. I am still impressed with how quickly I have gotten used to them being in the league. They fit right in.

aeroshady 04-12-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061455)
There are other teams in the NHL?

Please. I am always in here talking NY Rangers hockey. Why do I have to remind everyone of that every year?

NY is represented well in here.

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061528)
You dumb? Got 2 great Avs & Wings fans.

We talked about VGK all year & thread title was titled on their behalf

Don’t be so salty

Sarcasm, but I'm sure you knew that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17061542)

:lol Love it

Climb2safety 04-12-2018 07:37 AM

Has Pittsburgh stopped scoring yet?

CrushB610 04-12-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061419)
One would hope they took it as a wake up call for sure. The good thing for the Flyers is this was just game one, if the Flyers can figure it out this game will feel like a distant memory in two weeks. Kevin said it best, if that happens again in game 2, then there is serious cause for concern. But like you said, they just weren't ready for the playoffs, and most likely it'll serve as a big time reality check and the rest of the series will be everything we're hoping it will be.

Yeah I mean most of it was correctable stuff... not strong with the puck, turnovers in your own zone, missed assignments on Defense, losing 50/50 battles etc.

The younger guys all looked like deer in the headlights and the Vets didn’t bring it but even still, the goalie situation is the really the only thing that has me uneasy at this point. I expect Elliot to bounce back but he’s just not as quick in net these last few games since he returned from injury.

Brohan_Santana 04-12-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17061611)
Has Pittsburgh stopped scoring yet?

Crosby had another hat trick this morning

~Crashintome89~ 04-12-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

in before ricky comes in here to razz us about thread dynamics.

Climb2safety 04-12-2018 08:44 AM

More people picking the Caps than the Pens in the Ants bracket. :lol

daveshookme 04-12-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

it's hockey in vegas. of course it's a circus. it was awesome.

Climb2safety 04-12-2018 08:49 AM

I missed it. Please tell me there were flamingo dancers!!

excitingjae 04-12-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17061360)

The Jets wore the old logo as part of the 2016 Heritage Classic. It doesn't look like they sell a lot of throwback merch through Fanatics except for a t-shirt that was associated with the Heritage Classic.

So either the Coyotes allowed this one time use or the Jets are really pushing that new logo.

It looks as if the Coyotes still keep the team history of the old Jets and the current Jets keep the history of the Thrashers. This doesn't seem to be a case of when the Browns moved to Baltimore where the Ravens became a new franchise and the former Browns players became Ravens. In that case the league kept the Browns intellectual property and they retained their team history when they came back in 1999.

Lcsulla 04-12-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061011)
Broken puck? :lol wtf?

Yeah, that was a first for me as well and I have been playing and watching for 30+ years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061018)
Embellishment doesn’t get much obvious than that

That would have made a soccer player proud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17061034)
Sid has been crazy last few weeks with goals like that

Unbelievable what he has been doing with the puck the past two weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061040)
Goaltender battle going on in Winnipeg

Yup, Dubnyk was getting peppered all game though while Hellybuck had a much more solid D corps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17061072)
Very cool to see the white out in the ‘peg

Amazing, so cool to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17061094)
National NBCSN broadcast refusing to even do between period analysis of this beat down :lol

That was a bit annoying, my TV was on to watch hockey, not some pre-game rap concert.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061098)
Broncos lost another :(

Such a sad story. Nice to see the entire NHL rally around to support them though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061114)
Is that the luckiest hat trick ever? All crazy bounces. First one he had skill to bat it but still doesn’t know where it’s going. Second foes off flyers stick right to him. Third he just stuck his stick out. Dude gets all the bounces

I have no doubt he practices those deflections every bit as much as Tavares and Pavelski- both of whom we all know are damn good at it. Additionally, Crosby played baseball growing up and could hit so he knows darn well how helpful hand eye coordination is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061121)
Hey guys, there’s an actual hockey game going on in winnipeg

Great one too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061136)
Serious debate is Ovechkin’s skill better or worse than Crosby’s positioning or luck or whatever bounces he creates?

Everyone knows where Ovechkin is going to be he still puts the puck in the back of the net at a higher rate than Crosby

It’s a very different game when the 2 first came in the league

They are both insanely good but have different responsibilities so it is tough to really compare a canter to a wing in order to determine who is better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17061168)
It’s a team sport bud. Crosby doesn’t have cup #2 without HBK or #3 without MAF

Of course not, one could say the same about any cup winner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061172)
Alright yeah that building in the Peg is wild. Go Jets

So happy they got their first ever playoff win!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17061228)
Why is JR the one cranking the horn? :lol

He loves the spotlight of a camera as much as a politician but in truth if you actually chat with him he is pretty humble and soft spoken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061275)

I think any road to the final runs through Pittsburgh in the EC.

Quote:

Yeah, that was a disaster and worse they were showing that spectacle during the intermissions rather than replays of the games in progress.

Quote:

-Caps
-Flyer
-Penguins
-Chicago
-LA

or

Winnipeg has been a great story line this year, the Sedin's retiring was a big deal, the magic guys like Tarasenko or MacKinnon can create are well documented, Vegs shattered every record for an expansion team, Nashville won the Presidents Cup and think back to last year when Bryan Bickell scored for the Canes in his last game in that shootout knowing his MS would prevent him from playing again. Point being there a lot of great story lines we chat about in here.

Quote:

They have a great fan base IMO and many are very well educated in hockey, I think you are not giving enough credit to their fans.

Apologies for the multi quotes - just got up after watching hockey almost all day yesterday until the end of that Kings/Vegas game - I did not have even a single sip of beer (or any alcohol) yet I feel like I have some sort of hockey hangover! :lol

dmbetc 04-12-2018 09:02 AM

So Doughty is getting a hearing today for this hit. Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/davidnestico200/...364773376?s=21

fonzz41 04-12-2018 09:02 AM

^ Longest quote post of all time?

EDIT: Lcsulla's

jrkarger 04-12-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excitingjae (Post 17061734)
The Jets wore the old logo as part of the 2016 Heritage Classic. It doesn't look like they sell a lot of throwback merch through Fanatics except for a t-shirt that was associated with the Heritage Classic.

So either the Coyotes allowed this one time use or the Jets are really pushing that new logo.

It looks as if the Coyotes still keep the team history of the old Jets and the current Jets keep the history of the Thrashers. This doesn't seem to be a case of when the Browns moved to Baltimore where the Ravens became a new franchise and the former Browns players became Ravens. In that case the league kept the Browns intellectual property and they retained their team history when they came back in 1999.

That’s a shame because those heritage classic jerseys looked great. The best looking jerseys in the league are the old school ones; pens, hawks, oilers, bruins come to mind. I’m just not a fan of the newer styles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17061748)
Yeah, that was a first for me as well and I have been playing and watching for 30+ years.

The puck didn’t break. Those were pieces of the back of Letang’s skate.

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 09:09 AM

Does nobody understand sarcasm here? C'mon guys and gals I know you're better than this!

fonzz41 04-12-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17061761)
Does nobody understand sarcasm here? C'mon guys and gals I know you're better than this!

Not during the playoffs, bub.

;)

aeroshady 04-12-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061751)

Eh...it could go either way. I don't think he was trying to hurt him or anything like that. I think he actually just missed what he thought was going to be a big shoulder-to-shoulder hit and wound up getting some of his head. The only thing I don't like is that Doughty's shoulders go up at the end, but even that may have been natural body instinct from bracing for a hit. Those are my initial thoughts at least.

Edit: My conclusion is that there is nothing there that is out of line.

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Clean IMHO.

If he had been a half stride later this would be a non-issue. Whoever the VGK player is is reaching out to make a move around Doughty so naturally the head sticks out a bit.

~Crashintome89~ 04-12-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17061766)
Clean IMHO.

Thank you, Brad Marchand.

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17061777)
Thank you, Brad Marchand.

Might as well change my username to Marshmont.

fonzz41 04-12-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Oooh I haven't done one of these in a while!

*Did Doughty leave his feet? No.

*Was he charging? No.

*Was it a blindside hit? No. Carrier was looking down, but Doughty was not out of his line of sight.

*Was contact made with the head? Looks like he mostly got Carrier's shoulder, with some head contact made as he skated through the check.

*Was he targeting the head? I see no reasonable evidence to lead me to believe that Doughty was not trying to make a shoulder-on-shoulder check.

* Did Carrier put himself in a compromised situation? Nope, not really. I mean, guy's gotta keep his head up when he's driving to the net but he didn't really do anything to put himself in a vulnerable position.

IMO, no supplemental discipline should be assessed.

Climb2safety 04-12-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

I didn’t see direct contact to the head.

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17061791)

*Was he charging? No.

*Was it a blindside hit? No. Carrier was looking down, but Doughty was not out of his line of sight.

*Was contact made with the head? Looks like he mostly got Carrier's shoulder, with some head contact made as he skated through the check.

*Was he targeting the head? I see no reasonable evidence to lead me to believe that Doughty was not trying to make a shoulder-on-shoulder check.

* Did Carrier put himself in a compromised situation? Nope, not really. I mean, guy's gotta keep his head up when he's driving to the net but he didn't really do anything to put himself in a vulnerable position.

Cue video sound

Brohan_Santana 04-12-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Should get a game. League has made it clear that hits at this point are like high sticking. It’s not about intent but the actual result.

Ring him up for a game

Lcsulla 04-12-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

I don't see any reason for discipline, Doughty is leading with his shoulder and Carrier is driving and sort of drops a bit when he skates into Doughty so his head gets hit slightly by Doughty's shoulder. It was a fluke play, Doughty had as much right to try and get at that puck as Carrier did to keep driving so I see no reason for the NHL to discipline a guy who was not even penalized for the play at the time. It is a contact sport, stuff like that happens unfortunately.

Lcsulla 04-12-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17061802)

Wow, showing all those clips in one video shows you just how dirty Torres is.

swordo84 04-12-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17061834)
Wow, showing all those clips in one video shows you just how dirty Torres is.

One of the biggest p.o.s' to ever lace 'em up.

TheLastPig 04-12-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

:lol :thumbsup

There were multiple people commenting on the game in Winnipeg, I watched the rest after the Pens ended.

Roose13 04-12-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17061847)
:lol :thumbsup

There were multiple people commenting on the game in Winnipeg, I watched the rest after the Pens ended.

So after the first period that game then?

TheLastPig 04-12-2018 10:18 AM

That Doughty hit is hard to punish imo. Doesnt look like he was trying to target the head. No way to predict what the league will do though.

barbogast 04-12-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17061567)
Please. I am always in here talking NY Rangers hockey. Why do I have to remind everyone of that every year?

Who are the NY Rangers?

dmbetc 04-12-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17061791)

*Was he charging? No.

Great response as always!

I was shocked when I woke up this morning to him having a hearing. *

*As shocked as you can be when it comes to NHL guidelines.

dmbetc 04-12-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17061567)

You look very weird with a different avatar.

Climb2safety 04-12-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17061901)
Who are the NY Rangers?

They are those mutherfuckers that scored with 14 seconds left to tie game 6 and and then beat us in game 7 in 2014.

aeroshady 04-12-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17061906)
You look very weird with a different avatar.

:lol yeah, it is taking some getting used to. I have not changed it in years (although I have had the Sox logo in the past).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17061908)
They are those mutherfuckers that scored with 14 seconds left to tie game 6 and and then beat us in game 7 in 2014.

I was about to post Derek Stepan's goal from game 7, but you pretty much covered in this post for me (although it was 2015) ;)

Climb2safety 04-12-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17062020)
:lol yeah, it is taking some getting used to. I have not changed it in years (although I have had the Sox logo in the past).

I was about to post Derek Stepan's goal from game 7, but you pretty much covered in this post for me (although it was 2015) ;)

Right 15. I knew it was the year my dad died because I watched the game at a bar driving back to Colorado from Virginia on an overnight stop in St. Louis, the night before mother’s day...and for some reason I always think he died in 14. :confused

barbogast 04-12-2018 01:20 PM

I'm actually really looking forward to watching the game tonight. Yay hockey.

BotheLaneFan 04-12-2018 01:22 PM

He shouldn’t be punished at all. That’s dumb.

barbogast 04-12-2018 01:22 PM

No foul on the Doughty play, by the way. Surprised as well that there's a hearing for it. Contact seemed very minimal and pretty much legal.

fonzz41 04-12-2018 01:29 PM

My (1st) wife is a Preds fan and I'm an Avs fan. We'll see if our marriage survives the month.

Brohan_Santana 04-12-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17062049)
I'm actually really looking forward to watching the game tonight. Yay hockey.

John Walton called the game winning goal for the US Women's team gold medal game. Have a feeling he'll do the same come June

barbogast 04-12-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17062081)
John Walton called the game winning goal for the US Women's team gold medal game. Have a feeling he'll do the same come June

I don’t but hey let’s hope! Go Caps!

Brohan_Santana 04-12-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17062108)
I don’t but hey let’s hope! Go Caps!

How fucking awesome is it to listen to John Walton? Dude has great pipes. Top 5 NHL broadcaster hands down

barbogast 04-12-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17062115)
How fucking awesome is it to listen to John Walton? Dude has great pipes. Top 5 NHL broadcaster hands down

He’s excellent but I don’t listen to games on the radio very often. Always enjoy his calls when I do though

Fortunately Joe Benninati gives me massive wood. Looking forward to a fresh suit of the night

mthawk07 04-12-2018 03:53 PM

Ah, that time of year again when I have to decide if I like the Caps or Bolts more. Chances are, the Bolts will give me more to cheer about regardless. :shrug

TMoore4075 04-12-2018 04:18 PM

I'm so torn on this BOS/TO series because I have both of them.

DMBstandUP1984 04-12-2018 04:19 PM

The NHL Thread (Avs are in the playoffs! 3elieve!)

Nice to see Marchand get an early goal. He has been dismal in the playoffs.

TMoore4075 04-12-2018 04:29 PM

Amazing no Holtby for the Caps and no Schneider for the Devils and not in regards to their play but just from where they used to be.

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 04:43 PM

Terrible punch by Chara, but how they didn’t call icing a minute before that is beyond me

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17062204)
Terrible punch by Chara, but how they didn’t call icing a minute before that is beyond me

*Pinch* Ended up giving up the tying goal

Bruins not ending the period on a high note

DMBstandUP1984 04-12-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17062207)
*Pinch* Ended up giving up the tying goal

Bruins not ending the period on a high note

Really sucked the energy out of here

pathetic 04-12-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17062204)

Jack went nuts :lol

barbogast 04-12-2018 05:19 PM

Kuzy love <3

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17062209)
Really sucked the energy out of here

And it still has

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17062211)
Jack went nuts :lol

Jack goes nuts for someone eating popcorn the wrong way

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 05:21 PM

Bruins are really struggling this pwriod

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17062227)
Kuzy love <3

What a snipe

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 05:25 PM

Bruins could have been having the night Tampa is having had they not shit themselves down the stretch

barbogast 04-12-2018 05:30 PM

Doughty was suspended?! Oh wow. That’s crazy

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17062247)
Doughty was suspended?! Oh wow. That’s crazy

Woooow really?

Chumlee67 04-12-2018 05:47 PM

Pasta snipe!