Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

salrx95 10-28-2013 06:57 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14886953)
Agreed about Nabby. I didn't mean it to come off as a lack of confidence in him this year. I think he's fine for this season (although I do wonder about fatigue down the stretch), but I'm thinking more of after this season. Maybe a deadline grab?

Also agree about dmen... Obviously (I mean, it's me!). I like the core of Hamonic and MacDonald, but a big name guy could definitely help.

As much as I'm not a fan of Vanek's sometimes attitude and limited skill set, I get a bit of a boner thinking about what he and JT could do together if try developed some chemistry.

All in all, really rooting for the Islanders to succeed. :thumbsup

Plenty of room on the bandwagon :D

Definite worry about fatigue. Once schedule gets condensed and busy, I'm sure Poulin will play more. Fatigue may have factored in his play in the Pitt series.

Hamonic and AMac are a great 3/4 with Hamonic still developing into maybe a top 2 but we really need a Keith/Chara/Doughty/Pietrangelo....a clear Number 1 anchor. Those don't grow on trees, I know. Was hoping Reinhart would wow and make the team but it was likely for the best he went back to juniors.

lockman21 10-28-2013 07:01 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14886984)
Plenty of room on the bandwagon :D

Definite worry about fatigue. Once schedule gets condensed and busy, I'm sure Poulin will play more. Fatigue may have factored in his play in the Pitt series.

Hamonic and AMac are a great 3/4 with Hamonic still developing into maybe a top 2 but we really need a Keith/Chara/Doughty/Pietrangelo....a clear Number 1 anchor. Those don't grow on trees, I know. Was hoping Reinhart would wow and make the team but it was likely for the best he went back to juniors.

:lol Literally what was going through my head as I read how you need a Keith/Pietrangelo/etc. Those guys are the cream of the crop. How about a Kronwall/Girardi/Seabrook/etc?

lockman21 10-28-2013 07:01 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
By the way, speaking of Keith, he's playing the best hockey of his career right now.

salrx95 10-28-2013 07:09 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14886992)
:lol Literally what was going through my head as I read how you need a Keith/Pietrangelo/etc. Those guys are the cream of the crop. How about a Kronwall/Girardi/Seabrook/etc?

lol, Um, yeah, ok. :D . I just went thru some of the top in my head and rattled them off. But yeah, exactly, better than what we currently have is fine or even equal to Hamonic/AMac. We wanted Garth to sign/trade for a #3 this summer, knowing at some point we need a top pair defenseman on this team but we didn't want to be greedy.

bonzo48280 10-28-2013 07:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14886993)
By the way, speaking of Keith, he's playing the best hockey of his career right now.

it's too bad his partner isn't doing likewise.

DynastyDrummer1 10-28-2013 07:36 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Moulson for President!

fonzz41 10-28-2013 07:45 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Hey man, been a closet Isles fan since the Palffy days! Our minor team used to feed up to them, so it was fun seeing guys get called up and stick.

The Isles certainly have the space for a big name guy, and are even developing the rep to maybe even attract them now. But with, like you said, the shortage of them, wouldn't be surprised to see them settle for a tier down. Still... How cool would it be for them to land my boy Yandle?

Tyler Ennis = JT?

lockman21 10-28-2013 07:51 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Matt, did you see Yandle's play a couple days ago to keep the puck in the zone on the PP?

lockman21 10-28-2013 07:55 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
In case you missed it Matty:

http://i.imgur.com/iJ4MhOU.gif

salrx95 10-28-2013 08:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14887088)
Hey man, been a closet Isles fan since the Palffy days! Our minor team used to feed up to them, so it was fun seeing guys get called up and stick.

The Isles certainly have the space for a big name guy, and are even developing the rep to maybe even attract them now. But with, like you said, the shortage of them, wouldn't be surprised to see them settle for a tier down. Still... How cool would it be for them to land my boy Yandle?

Tyler Ennis = JT?

I didn't make the connection til now. Knew you were the Avs fan so figured you were out in Denver area but I just saw the UT. Ok cool. Yeah, Go Grizzlies!!

Ah Ziggy. Our shining star during the Fishstick days. Talk about putting up numbers with no one around to play with. Milbury traded him to LA for a bag of pucks cause he was told to get payroll down to like 15 million or something like that and whole the league knew he had to go.

Yandle would definitely be welcomed.

DynastyDrummer1 10-28-2013 08:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Might just be for one night, but Moulson is doing it without Tavares.

bradshaw06 10-28-2013 09:03 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DynastyDrummer1 (Post 14887231)
Might just be for one night, but Moulson is doing it without Tavares.

Obviously mooching off Hodgson.

lockman21 10-28-2013 09:25 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Annnnnd just as I say that, Keith makes a horrible play in the neutral zone that results in a Wild goal.

JRS1386 10-28-2013 09:58 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Any place for cheap, not shitty jerseys? I know places have been mentioned but I forget them

lockman21 10-28-2013 10:03 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Brandon. Saad.

That's all.

lockman21 10-28-2013 10:03 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14887393)
Any place for cheap, not shitty jerseys? I know places have been mentioned but I forget them

Are you talking about actual NHL licensed ones, or the Chinese knockoffs?

bradshaw06 10-28-2013 10:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Scuderi, broken ankle. Hasnt missed a game in 3 years. Sigh.

lockman21 10-28-2013 10:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
OK, everyone, while I may be biased because this guys are some of my biggest mancrushes, these are honestly THAT good.

Watch the 4th and 5th goals from the Hawks tonight. Brandon Saad, Patrick Kane, and Duncan Keith are ridiculous. Ri-god damn-diculous.

bonzo48280 10-28-2013 10:16 PM

Saadomizer

lockman21 10-28-2013 10:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 14887414)
Saadomizer

:lol

Honestly, games like this really make me upset the Hawks signed Bickell to that contract. Saad and Sharp are your two LW's for the next 5-10 years. Bickell just has no place. He's not very good.

It was a rash decision, and honestly, I hope he's trade bait at the deadline for draft picks.

Bron Yr Aur 10-28-2013 10:54 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Saad is amazing.

aeroshady 10-28-2013 10:57 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
This is clearly the year for the Rangers!

lockman21 10-28-2013 11:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07j9mKJ98o

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...13020174-524-h

Please watch.

Bron Yr Aur 10-28-2013 11:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Amazing play by Saad. But holy shit that's also some bad defense.

bonzo48280 10-28-2013 11:32 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Minnesota? Bad defense? You don't say.

~Crashintome89~ 10-28-2013 11:49 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
are you kidding me? hahaha

swordo84 10-29-2013 08:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Good grudge match in the Swordo household tonight. The wife is a Maple Leafs fan....I think I'm going to lose a couple dollars on this one.

TMoore4075 10-29-2013 08:34 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Anyone else weirded out with Tampa and Toronto at the top of the Atlantic? Or the fact it's the Isles and Canes at 2 and 3 in the Metro? I know it's early but just weird.

swordo84 10-29-2013 08:56 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Sam Gagner is expected to make his debut tonight, after being turned into this a short while ago (Not for the squeamish)
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp...broken-jaw.jpg

HallowBillies7 10-29-2013 10:00 AM

Bobrovsky's Halloween costume, just amazing.



http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/ube7a3ut.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.