Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Away From The World (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Anyone Else Just Thrilled To Tears? (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316728)

SpotlightEyes 09-05-2012 08:37 AM

Anyone Else Just Thrilled To Tears?

I've been laughing and crying since my first listen, on each subsequent listen.

I just can't believe its THIS good. My long time love affair with this band was admittedly suffering a bit over the years as I began believing they didn't have it anymore...they couldn't write the beautiful music they used to.

Oh...yes they fucking can. :bounce

twostepinbillie 09-05-2012 08:39 AM

Re: Anyone Else Just Thrilled To Tears?

:bounce:bounce:bounce

:multi:multi:multi

UNREAL

TrippinNancies1 09-05-2012 08:40 AM

As I said in another thread, I love how this album has got me saying "This song is my favorite, no this song is my favorite, no THIS song is my favorite." Because all the songs are honestly amazing.

I could not be more thrilled/ satisfied with Away From The World. A killer album :thumbsup

twostepinbillie 09-05-2012 08:41 AM

anyone els notice how each song is DRASTICALLY different from another. not 1 has the same vibe to it. really blows my mind

TrippinNancies1 09-05-2012 08:43 AM

Also, my desire to listen to this album over and over again is an awesome feeling.

bigbeartilidie 09-05-2012 08:47 AM

Not to tears, necessarily. But I have been in a euphoric trance for the past 20 hrs. Just floating. This is really great stuff.

MColin28 09-05-2012 08:57 AM

Steve. Lillywhite.

/thread

dmbboiler01 09-05-2012 09:05 AM

I was VERY skeptical of this album... I was concerned that it could never live up to the hype surrounding it with Lillywhite being involved. But it's absolutely amazing. Far better than anything that they've done since the Lillywhite Sessions. I LOVE all of the positive feedback on the boards. It's rare that we see everyone agreeing on something and for the most part all of the threads are amazingly positive. Love Snow Outside, The Riff, and Drunken Soldier. So many great tunes on this album...

stoneje 09-05-2012 10:11 AM

This album is great and everything, but if I was laughing and crying about it, I might ask my family to remove any sharp object from the room and call in the professionals.

rickyh24 09-05-2012 10:13 AM

:lol :lol

pathetic 09-05-2012 10:16 AM

dmband425 09-05-2012 10:18 AM

This album could be amazing just listening to an instrumental version of it. So I think that alone stands up as, well to put it Joe Biden's way "This is a big fucking deal!" This also i think this is the first time where and album hasn't peaked till the end. All the closing songs of their previous albums were good, but not great. But i think the masterpiece of it all, closes the album. The epic way it opens, and the mellow trance it ends in, just puts the star on top of the tree. I love it!

ajk316 09-05-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twostepinbillie (Post 13997096)
anyone els notice how each song is DRASTICALLY different from another. not 1 has the same vibe to it. really blows my mind

I noticed this and it makes listening so interesting and so much better. Every song has a different and unique vibe like you said. :bounce

ericvol 09-05-2012 01:59 PM

I've been http://clipservideos.com/files/photo...361d0ff9_l.gif the whole time.

YeMiniMe 09-05-2012 02:00 PM

This album just has so much in it. Definitely the best since 1998!!

There are elements that they haven't ever used and some topics that haven't been touched on with beautiful new lyrics.

The top story from this album for me is that Boyd is back. Besides his wonderful solos he contributes so much more to the verses and choruses. His lines are beautiful and fit in where a violins sweetness should. This is the counter to the driving horns and electric guitar.

Almost a perfect album

Primetime41 09-05-2012 02:01 PM

What are you some kind of girl or something?

Dannyyankou 09-05-2012 02:10 PM

SmoothRider[PL] 09-05-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbeartilidie (Post 13997127)
Not to tears, necessarily. But I have been in a euphoric trance for the past 20 hrs. Just floating. This is really great stuff.

This.
+ Drunken Soldier. What.a.Monster!

jimmea217 09-05-2012 02:22 PM

Oh when Drunken Sailor hits with the music from the teaser up top after the 44 minutes leading up to it, everything I held in just flowed. I was cracking up and crying at the same time during the first listen. Lying on my bed, earphones full blast, I just couldn't believe how awesome the run-up to the end is, and how he just pushes it over the edge. Definitely lived up to the hype.

drewjg41 09-05-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmband425 (Post 13997475)
This album could be amazing just listening to an instrumental version of it. So I think that alone stands up as, well to put it Joe Biden's way "This is a big fucking deal!" This also i think this is the first time where and album hasn't peaked till the end. All the closing songs of their previous albums were good, but not great. But i think the masterpiece of it all, closes the album. The epic way it opens, and the mellow trance it ends in, just puts the star on top of the tree. I love it!

So you're saying that Proudest Monkey and Spoon, at the very least, aren't great? :ugh

Arby 09-05-2012 02:34 PM

So far I have laughed 12 times and cried 9.

BruceW 09-05-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 (Post 13998538)
So far I have laughed 12 times and cried 9.

Haha continuously looking for posts from you recently...brings the lolz

BustedFluff 09-05-2012 04:31 PM

Already my mind is blown and I'm still on the Riff. man the soaring of the chorus really comes together well studio! broken things is my favorite so far and i'm looking forward to the later songs

SmoothD41 09-05-2012 04:34 PM

:lol:lol

I think it's pretty pretty good at first listen....but um, no.

LancLanc 09-05-2012 04:36 PM

I have a feeling this album is going to age like wine. already looking forward to listening to it in the fall and winter seasons too. i can imagine hearing the end of drunken soldier with the lights glowing on the christmas tree.

TJHMH8 09-05-2012 06:05 PM

im in the same place. cant believe how great this album turned out. its old school dmb but still progressive and different.

ISU1648 09-05-2012 06:45 PM

this album is what i was HOPING FOR when Big Whiskey came out. BWGGK has its positives, but this is what I (and probably many others) were hoping for in 2009, and even since BTCS or the Lillywhite sessions. Amazing album, "Big 4" is an honest discussion at this point.

dmb27364041 09-05-2012 06:46 PM

I was so thrilled I vomited.

jayman414 09-05-2012 07:02 PM

Snow Outside is begging for me to cry...it has almost got me too. This is so beautiful

If you are tired I will bare your burden
If you're dreaming, I will not disturb you
Whatever your heart desires and love, love
I'll clear the way for you
Come winter I will build you a fire
From the bones of who I used to be
Before you came and washed the weary away
Before you came here for me

I almost want that tattooed on my shoulder

berman1125 09-05-2012 07:31 PM

Snow outside made me tear up on the first listen