Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=355694)

MiniFlynny34 09-02-2021 08:27 AM

Re: New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates

Went to Jonas Brothers last night outside of Portland, also required to be fully vaxxed and was a Live Nation venue. Had a photocopy of the front side of my card and the guy literally looked at it for half a second and stamped my hand.

propelsolutions 09-02-2021 04:31 PM

Word of caution: If I could do it over again, I'd wear a mask at the show.

My wife and I went to both nights Gilford (Tue, Wed). We didn't wear a mask. I think I saw maybe 2 people in the entire show wearing a mask.

I got 2 jabs of the Pfizer vaccine in May. Started having covid symptoms the following Saturday (lots of sneezing). I've been laid up since Sunday with a fever of around 100, sleeping 10-14 hours a day. Tested positive for covid on Tuesday. I'm finally starting to get better. I'm 35, work out all the time and have no underlying health conditions. I'm thankful I got the vaccine as this could have been much worse.

We might go to Mohegan and will 100% be wearing a mask if we do, whether they're required or not. I was talking to a friend today who said his friend managed to get covid twice! Then again, we might just skip Mohegan entirely now as this past week has been hell.

donvito72 09-03-2021 05:48 AM

Thanks for sharing. Glad you're doing better.

lilant420 09-03-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propelsolutions (Post 18033034)

My wife and I went to both nights Gilford (Tue, Wed). We didn't wear a mask. I think I saw maybe 2 people in the entire show wearing a mask.

I got 2 jabs of the Pfizer vaccine in May. Started having covid symptoms the following Saturday (lots of sneezing). I've been laid up since Sunday with a fever of around 100, sleeping 10-14 hours a day. Tested positive for covid on Tuesday. I'm finally starting to get better. I'm 35, work out all the time and have no underlying health conditions. I'm thankful I got the vaccine as this could have been much worse.

We might go to Mohegan and will 100% be wearing a mask if we do, whether they're required or not. I was talking to a friend today who said his friend managed to get covid twice! Then again, we might just skip Mohegan entirely now as this past week has been hell.

If you're looking to sell your tickets let me know!

Afoolsmistake 09-03-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madpiker (Post 18012772)
not a chance in hell.

I'm vaxxed, i'll show proof. I'll even get tested before just out of safety, but no chance.

Agreed no way I’m wearing a mask outside, these liberals are nut jobs. No science behind masking outside

TypicalBilly14 09-04-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propelsolutions (Post 18033034)

I wore a mask at DMB in Mansfield and will tonight at Alanis. Had no problem with a mask on and I'm taking the "better safer than sorrier" approach right now.

Bmwm3oz 09-04-2021 08:25 AM

One staff guy here at the Gorge was selling blue bracelets with no vaccination card or ID needed for $20.

Just letting you guys know it’s not as official as it appears to be. These aren’t highly paid employees with degrees - these are low wage temp jobs. These guys don’t care about their gig nor covid.

Bmwm3oz 09-04-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afoolsmistake (Post 18035684)
Agreed no way I’m wearing a mask outside, these liberals are nut jobs. No science behind masking outside

What does this even mean? :lol Scientists aren’t all liberals. Science doesn’t care about political parties. Did you finish school?

neumdogg 09-04-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

:lol stfu. Yea...the liberals are the nutjobs :rolleyes

SoCalDMBLover 09-04-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neumdogg (Post 18036037)
:lol stfu. Yea...the liberals are the nutjobs :rolleyes

That's quite a list there, but it's a fraction of the people at the shows.

And they're all fine now, and probably would go through it again. In fact, it seems like quite a few are seeing more shows, including this weekend.

I think it's relatively safe to say, that given the precautions being taken, nobody at The Gorge has Covid currently, so there's nothing for those in attendance to worry about.

Bmwm3oz 09-04-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover (Post 18036043)

And they're all fine now, and probably would go through it again. In fact, it seems like quite a few are seeing more shows, including this weekend.

I think it's relatively safe to say, that given the precautions being taken, nobody at The Gorge has Covid currently, so there's nothing for those in attendance to worry about.

Precautions? The guy who gave me my proof of vaccination or negative test bracelet was selling them for $20 if I needed extras (no proof or anything required).

Also, many people showed up to this show vaccinated and carrying covid. They don’t test you on the way in so we have vaccinated carriers right now.

LaLaLaLaHey 09-04-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

There actually *is* science in masking outside, especially when in close proximity to 20,000 other people. Saying there isn’t science doesn’t mean there isn’t science.

SoCalDMBLover 09-04-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 18036044)
Precautions? The guy who gave me my proof of vaccination or negative test bracelet was selling them for $20 if I needed extras (no proof or anything required).

Also, many people showed up to this show vaccinated and carrying covid. They don’t test you on the way in so we have vaccinated carriers right now.

Hey, I was right there with you, but weeks of being belittled and accused of fearmongering on these boards has made me see the error in my ways.

I realize now that it's demoralizing to be negative and critical, when the DMB organization knows what they're doing, and has the situation well under control. This has been more or less pointed out to me whenever I bring up the pandemic on these boards, and so I've chosen to go along to get along.

robertccribb 09-04-2021 09:27 AM

My question is how did the NBA and NFL figure out how to play games during COVID. Guys are running into each other playing with the same ball etc. As COVID continues people are going to have to figure learn how to live with risk. People who are vaccinated and have a break through infection are much much less likely to be at risk of death or hospitalization. For the band to make vaccinated band members quarantine when they could space them out on stage just seems like a missed opportunity to set the standard for how to work through these types of situations in the music industry. NASA sent people to the moon there was a ton of risk to doing it but they didn't stop because of the risk. Sending humans to the moon didn't mean life or death for humans. Seeing live music or live sports doesn't mean life or death for us today but it is something that people have decided is worth the risk. Bands, band management and venues are going to have to figure that out.

I am vaccinated and traveled across the country but because I am vaccinated I didn't need to test. I could still be positive. But since I am not tested no one would know. What is the risk to the band if they are all vaccinated and someone tests positive? If you have a crew member that isn't vaccinated why are they still working for the band?

SoCalDMBLover 09-04-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertccribb (Post 18036072)
My question is how did the NBA and NFL figure out how to play games during COVID. Guys are running into each other playing with the same ball etc. As COVID continues people are going to have to figure learn how to live with risk. People who are vaccinated and have a break through infection are much much less likely to be at risk of death or hospitalization. For the band to make vaccinated band members quarantine when they could space them out on stage just seems like a missed opportunity to set the standard for how to work through these types of situations in the music industry. NASA sent people to the moon there was a ton of risk to doing it but they didn't stop because of the risk. Sending humans to the moon didn't mean life or death for humans. Seeing live music or live sports doesn't mean life or death for us today but it is something that people have decided is worth the risk. Bands, band management and venues are going to have to figure that out.

I am vaccinated and traveled across the country but because I am vaccinated I didn't need to test. I could still be positive. But since I am not tested no one would know. What is the risk to the band if they are all vaccinated and someone tests positive? If you have a crew member that isn't vaccinated why are they still working for the band?

Lots could be said in response to this, but what's the point?

I'll simply comment on the first sentence. The sports leagues have access to the best testing, and it's done on a daily basis. The instant someone tests positive, they're gone, and have to quarantine for a certain period, and then need to test negative. The star player on the Suns was out for several games in the later rounds of playoffs, but it ended up not hurting them, since they were playing the Clippers, who always choke.

propelsolutions 09-04-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

I thought I was in the clear as well. I hope you're vaccinated at least.

I posted a comment this week on this thread. I got covid after going to Gilfrod both nights without a mask. Gilford is an outdoor venue but like many other venues, you're in close proximity to a ton of people. As someone who just spent the last week in bed with covid (even though I got the vaccine) if I could go back I'd definitely wear a mask... and a good one too.. N95. You could probably safely remove your mask and have a beer or two outside the amphitheater area. At very minimum I'd wear a mask in the bathrooms? I hope you and many others don't get it. Good luck.

Seek#41Up 09-04-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 18036031)
What does this even mean? :lol Scientists aren’t all liberals. Science doesn’t care about political parties. Did you finish school?

No way! I think he’s onto something lol🤦🏻*♂️ I should change sleep apnea drs because that motherfucker told me 20 years ago I had to wear this stupid mask to bed every night or it could eventually kill me. And I never asked him his political party. Adding that to the questionnaire for my drs. Things you learn. 😁

neumdogg 09-04-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover (Post 18036043)

ok??????

Strokjl 09-05-2021 05:36 PM

So if masks stop covid, why doesn’t carter and Stephan mask up and go for it? Right? Unless of course they’re too ill to play. But I think we all know that that wasn’t an option. It really shows what we all know about the usefulness of the mask.

Also, tell me again why the vaxxed don’t have to show a negative test? All around the world fully vaccinated people are getting the vid and spreading it too. de La Hoya, Carter and Lessard, Patrick Reed, just about everyone in Israel or Iceland or Hawaii.

It’s all becoming a massive joke what these people refuse to admit that’s right in their faces.

neumdogg 09-05-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strokjl (Post 18037152)
So if masks stop covid, why doesn’t carter and Stephan mask up and go for it? Right? Unless of course they’re too ill to play. But I think we all know that that wasn’t an option. It really shows what we all know about the usefulness of the mask.

Also, tell me again why the vaxxed don’t have to show a negative test? All around the world fully vaccinated people are getting the vid and spreading it too. de La Hoya, Carter and Lessard, Patrick Reed, just about everyone in Israel or Iceland or Hawaii.

It’s all becoming a massive joke what these people refuse to admit that’s right in their faces.

Can you please expand on both bolds please?

Thanks!

gandelfstormcro 09-05-2021 06:41 PM

Strokjl yes exactly.

Everyone should be tested just to be safe if they are so worried about it.

But what I want to know is what did they do in the last 30 years when someone got sick? Your telling me noone ever got sick on another tour? We all suck it up and go to work , right. Oh yeah this is crovid so now it's so much worse. But is it really or is that what we have been lead to believe? Not trying to push buttons just making an observation and my opinion. You do you I'll do me and we'll all be a happy family.
And I totally understand it all cause if Dave tests positive sick or not(asymptomatic) the show won't be able to go on untill he can test positive. And nobody wants that.

mthawk07 09-05-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandelfstormcro (Post 18037178)
Strokjl yes exactly.

Everyone should be tested just to be safe if they are so worried about it.

But what I want to know is what did they do in the last 30 years when someone got sick? Your telling me noone ever got sick on another tour? We all suck it up and go to work , right. Oh yeah this is crovid so now it's so much worse. But is it really or is that what we have been lead to believe? Not trying to push buttons just making an observation and my opinion. You do you I'll do me and we'll all be a happy family.
And I totally understand it all cause if Dave tests positive sick or not(asymptomatic) the show won't be able to go on untill he can test positive. And nobody wants that.

In the last 30 years, there hasn't been a sickness outside of heart disease or cancer that has killed the number of people in this country that Covid has killed in the relatively short amount of time that it has killed them. Not a single one. So yeah, it's different than other sicknesses when one could just "suck it up."

neumdogg 09-05-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 18037198)
In the last 30 years, there hasn't been a sickness outside of heart disease or cancer that has killed the number of people in this country that Covid has killed in the relatively short amount of time that it has killed them. Not a single one. So yeah, it's different than other sicknesses when one could just "suck it up."

:thumbsup

How many more times does this need to me stated? It's so weird how people still don't get this.

richvisser23 10-21-2021 06:11 AM

Does a rapid test suffice for proof of negative test? Or does it have to be a lab test?

neumdogg 02-02-2022 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanMH (Post 18012865)
did Nazi see this coming...

You are a terrible person.

neumdogg 02-02-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strokjl (Post 18013183)
I guess we live in Nazi Germany now where everyone has to show their papers. An apartheid state where some have rights others don’t.

You’re a terrible person.

neumdogg 02-02-2022 11:52 PM

Why am I revisiting this thread? :lol

Cobo 05-10-2022 06:06 AM

Anyone know what’s going on with this summers tour as far as Covid goes? Please tell me we’re done with all the BS vaccine/testing requirements?

zrroot 05-10-2022 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobo (Post 18185554)
Anyone know what’s going on with this summers tour as far as Covid goes? Please tell me we’re done with all the BS vaccine/testing requirements?

Just gotta show you're an owner of MS Office to get in

dmbclstj2 05-10-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

All the shows (various bands) i'm going to this summer, there are no longer health checks.

bowa36 05-10-2022 07:52 AM

Had to take a test and show papers for the 2 concerts I've been to this year, both LiveNation

jcwalb2 05-10-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

My understanding is that it's venue specific. Looks like of my shows, Deer Creek and Alpine did not require anything, was harder to tell for Fiddler's Green. Just based on everything I'm seeing nationally, though, I can't imagine there will be a requirement, especially as the year wears on.