Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming in Four Months! (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

RSSR 11-27-2022 08:14 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

New album will be mentioned at the Raphael Warnock rally. Book it.

jasonfilatov 11-27-2022 09:59 PM

I cannot believe people think DMB is going to release an album and play the Super Bowl next year. They are not in the top 50 choices for the Super Bowl right now.

top of my head more likely: Tswift, Bieber, weeknd, drake, Adele, billie eilish, Eminem, cardi b, Harry styles, gaga, Jay z, beyonce, Carrie underwood, post Malone, rihanna, Luke Bryan, Kendrick Lamar, Ariana grande, Olivia rodrigo, bts, Luke combs, chili peppers, Guns Ní Roses, Lana Del ray, Miley, bad bunny, Springsteen, Stapleton, fleetwood mac, lizzo, Elton John

I donít listen to just about any of that music and even I know DMB doesnít hold a candle right now in Super Bowl level popularity.

Cptn. Monkeyman 11-27-2022 10:15 PM

2016 SB concert:
http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...154&where=2016

https://davematthewsband.com/news/da...per-bowl-week/

2018 SB concert:
http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...156&where=2018

https://davematthewsband.com/news/118272/

ExistenceNow 11-27-2022 10:25 PM

No one actually thinks that DMB will play the halftime show.

mcgarrett41 11-27-2022 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfilatov (Post 18305893)
I cannot believe people think DMB is going to release an album and play the Super Bowl next year. They are not in the top 50 choices for the Super Bowl right now.

top of my head more likely: Tswift, Bieber, weeknd, drake, Adele, billie eilish, Eminem, cardi b, Harry styles, gaga, Jay z, beyonce, Carrie underwood, post Malone, rihanna, Luke Bryan, Kendrick Lamar, Ariana grande, Olivia rodrigo, bts, Luke combs, chili peppers, Guns Ní Roses, Lana Del ray, Miley, bad bunny, Springsteen, Stapleton, fleetwood mac, lizzo, Elton John

I donít listen to just about any of that music and even I know DMB doesnít hold a candle right now in Super Bowl level popularity.

Lol absolutely no one is saying they're playing the super bowl halftime show. For the past 10+ years, the host city puts on various events/ concerts for the days leading up to the game itself.

DMB played these events twice since 2016.

mcgarrett41 11-27-2022 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18305902)

DMB maybe had a window from like 2001-2005 to play it. Even then it was always a long shot.

kevinmavs 11-27-2022 10:56 PM

I will say Lenny Pickett and the SNL horns at MSG could be a good sign for a possible SNL musical guest thing in Spring 23 when the album comes out....or not...probably not

RSSR 11-28-2022 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfilatov (Post 18305893)

Chili Peppers, Springsteen have played the Super Bowl. I think Elton John should have been a lock, but he's never going to get an invite. I don't think the NFL market supports it.

bibby1044 11-28-2022 12:40 AM

Guys I brought up the Super Bowl talk. Nobody is talking about halftime show. Take it easy. Talking about a show as a Super Bowl area event the week of. Didn’t realize half time show was so controversial haha.

dreamingtree_34 11-28-2022 02:13 AM

DMB isn't popular enough to play the halftime show of the WNBA all star game.

Gunz 11-28-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingtree_34 (Post 18305933)
DMB isn't popular enough to play the halftime show of the WNBA all star game.

Youíre right. They only sold 580,000+ tickets last year. What a bunch of losers.

Alpine416 11-28-2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18305902)

Yeah totally there is no one taking this seriously or rationalizing it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by monizzle145 (Post 18305601)
Acts like The Who, Aerosmith and Phil Collins were much further away from their musical primes when they performed. Those band hadn't had a genre leading album for a decade plus when they took the stage.

Gunz 11-28-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine416 (Post 18305972)
Yeah totally there is no one taking this seriously or rationalizing it...

I also alluded to what monizzle is saying. At the same time, I donít think it will happen.

He isnít wrong, though.

dmb9howell 11-28-2022 11:32 AM

Not the right thread but don't want to make one just for this question. What's the dave solo cd where he played at his wife's college? I ruined it a while back and want to replace it but can't remember what it's called. Yes, I still listen to cd's.

ToySoldier#34 11-28-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb9howell (Post 18305984)
Not the right thread but don't want to make one just for this question. What's the dave solo cd where he played at his wife's college? I ruined it a while back and want to replace it but can't remember what it's called. Yes, I still listen to cd's.

https://davematthewsband.com/music/d...briar-college/

Alpine416 11-28-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunz (Post 18305977)
I also alluded to what monizzle is saying. At the same time, I donít think it will happen.

He isnít wrong, though.

Yeah I get even those that are bringing up these points know it is a long shot. Just an observation of dynamics on here where people are saying "no one is really seriously saying that" while people really are simultaneously at the very least "barking up the tree" of being serious about it.

ToySoldier#34 11-28-2022 11:38 AM

I think playing a show the night before a Super Bowl as they did a couple years ago fits them a lot better anyway, wouldn't say that of all bands or performers

mcgarrett41 11-28-2022 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 18305926)
Chili Peppers, Springsteen have played the Super Bowl. I think Elton John should have been a lock, but he's never going to get an invite. I don't think the NFL market supports it.

Yeah Springsteen is a tad more popular than DMB....

monizzle145 11-28-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine416 (Post 18305987)
Yeah I get even those that are bringing up these points know it is a long shot. Just an observation of dynamics on here where people are saying "no one is really seriously saying that" while people really are simultaneously at the very least "barking up the tree" of being serious about it.

Right I don't believe for a second DMB will play a halftime show.

In the summer 2023 thread someone said something about DMB not being relevant enough to play the mixed artist concert the day before the superbowl as was done in Inglewood last year and my response was Green Day hasn't put out anything of significant cultural relevance since American Idiot.

On this thread I was also pointing out while legacy acts like the Who took the stage for the SB halftime show the night they performed they were far past an album of cultural relevance and really most people under 30 wouldn't know their music watching that performance in 2010.

kmbean 11-28-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbusnancie (Post 18305696)
So letís pretend you are managing dmb and the band has a new album coming out that needs pushed. So we need to get mad manís eyes played for as many new ears as possibleÖ. So we decide to try to get booked at a sports championship game.

MLB, nhl, mls, nba, etc. which event would you try to book dmb at for a best fit for a crossover between exposure and exiting audience?

Iíd go MLB or NHL. Canít decide.

DMBís target audience at this point is 45-65 females so it would behoove the band to book a spot on Live with Kelly and Ryan or Hoda & Jenna.

dmb9howell 11-28-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 18305985)

Sweet briar that's right. Thank you

blumathu 11-28-2022 12:26 PM

New Metallica album just announced for April. Think we'll see the DMB album before that?

monizzle145 11-28-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blumathu (Post 18306017)
New Metallica album just announced for April. Think we'll see the DMB album before that?

They also doing 2 shows in each location promoting "no repeats" for each 2 night stand including mixing up openers and setlists for each show.

Hilly 11-28-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

After.

Let Metallica catch up to them in Number 1 albums, then DMB can move one ahead.

Then we'll do it again in 5 years.

Speilmen230 11-28-2022 12:57 PM

Can't tell it's the offseason in here at all. :rolleyes

K270 11-28-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

Its about time. I think they had new album talk going all the way back to their second performance with the San Francisco Symphony.

BarkRock 11-28-2022 01:42 PM

The reasons they should make a double or triple album are simple.

So they don't have to hear about making a double or triple album
So they don't have to worry about which old songs make an album
So they can be liberated and just focus on new music if they ever do that again
So they can "listen" to their management
To make fans extra happy.
Also puts their backs to the wall to work harder if they want to produce something new.

Hilly 11-28-2022 01:55 PM

Personally, I'd be insulted if it's not a quadruple album.

Alpine416 11-28-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarkRock (Post 18306040)
The reasons they should make a double or triple album are simple.

So they don't have to hear about making a double or triple album
So they don't have to worry about which old songs make an album
So they can be liberated and just focus on new music if they ever do that again
So they can "listen" to their management
To make fans extra happy.
Also puts their backs to the wall to work harder if they want to produce something new.

"Backs to the wall" :lol this band clearly has no problem resting on their laurels. See: Fall 2022 tour & this album's production/release timeframe

ToySoldier#34 11-28-2022 02:23 PM

I'll take all new, one album, high quality throughout please