Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming in Four Months! (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

coldengrey12 05-02-2021 06:34 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 17946731)
Iíll throw another guess into this: Daniel Lanois?

I want this to happen so much

coldengrey12 05-02-2021 06:36 PM

I had a friend ask Lanois once how many songs of his Dave and the gang had to cover to get him to produce a record — Still Water, Wynona, Maker

According to my friend, Lanois said, "I didn't know they were doing Still Water" and then added, "If they want me to produce, they know how to find me" or something like that

dancheatham 05-02-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17946720)
Fall Tour with new album. Do it dmb

The current "summer" tour runs through mid-November, so I don't see this happening.

Cptn. Monkeyman 05-02-2021 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancheatham (Post 17946799)
The current "summer" tour runs through mid-November, so I don't see this happening.

I thought about that, but the last two shows are at Mohegan (indoor). They could take a week off followed by a 15-20 date indoor fall tour to support an album.

The tour is only a couple of months away. Unless they announce an album soon, this tour wouldn't be supporting an album. Well, I guess they could drop one mid way through the tour. That actually may be the most likely scenario.

spoot388 05-03-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17946876)
I thought about that, but the last two shows are at Mohegan (indoor). They could take a week off followed by a 15-20 date indoor fall tour to support an album.

The tour is only a couple of months away. Unless they announce an album soon, this tour wouldn't be supporting an album. Well, I guess they could drop one mid way through the tour. That actually may be the most likely scenario.

they're not going to go a tour through the winter holidays, especially coming off of 3+ straight months of touring. spring at the earliest, like 2009, but i wouldn't count on that. when have they ever done a fall tour followed by a tour the following spring? i would be very surprised if there is anything other than maybe a couple random one-offs or D+T shows between the end of this tour and the start of summer 2022.

Cptn. Monkeyman 05-03-2021 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 17946885)
they're not going to go a tour through the winter holidays, especially coming off of 3+ straight months of touring. spring at the earliest, like 2009, but i wouldn't count on that. when have they ever done a fall tour followed by a tour the following spring? i would be very surprised if there is anything other than maybe a couple random one-offs or D+T shows between the end of this tour and the start of summer 2022.

Well, these are unprecedented times. Look how much they toured 2018-2019. And now they haven't been on the road in nearly 2 years. Plus an album is supposedly on the horizon.

I'm not going to the bank on a new album/fall tour. But it would be the best case scenario in my opinion. The only other logical options seem to be:

1. Drop the album mid summer tour
2. Save the album for next year
3. Scrap the album

I think option #1 seems most likely.

Dannyyankou 05-03-2021 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17946876)

And not only Mohegan Sun, but another arena show in Michigan three days prior on November 6.

The last show before that is October 16 in Oklahoma. It would odd for the band to play until October 16, take a three week break, then come back for just 3 random shows.

Dannyyankou 05-03-2021 01:50 AM

Tried to edit but 5 minutes passed.

For all we know, those three arena shows could just be part of a separate "fall" tour and they just announced them now so that people could keep their tickets. Curious that the only three arena shows of the tour were moved all the way to the end.

watsonbriant 05-03-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17946897)
Tried to edit but 5 minutes passed.

For all we know, those three arena shows could just be part of a separate "fall" tour and they just announced them now so that people could keep their tickets. Curious that the only three arena shows of the tour were moved all the way to the end.

I think they were moved to the end to allow ample time for Covid restrictions to relax. Since indoor gatherings are me strict than outdoor currently. But also, like others have said, it could be to start a Fall arena tour.

willndmb 05-03-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 17946885)

yeah if anything they will test the Mexico waters and see if they can cash in there again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17946889)
Well, these are unprecedented times. Look how much they toured 2018-2019. And now they haven't been on the road in nearly 2 years. Plus an album is supposedly on the horizon.

I'm not going to the bank on a new album/fall tour. But it would be the best case scenario in my opinion. The only other logical options seem to be:

1. Drop the album mid summer tour
2. Save the album for next year
3. Scrap the album

I think option #1 seems most likely.

2 imo

Dodo36 05-03-2021 04:04 PM

I imagine one possibility is holding onto the album just in case the summer tour doesn't happen, then they can drop it in lieu of live shows happening. If the tour gets rolling then they could drop it anyway, but having it in their back pocket to smooth over the tour getting cancelled seems like a RLM type idea.

groogrux27 05-03-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodo36 (Post 17947261)
I imagine one possibility is holding onto the album just in case the summer tour doesn't happen, then they can drop it in lieu of live shows happening. If the tour gets rolling then they could drop it anyway, but having it in their back pocket to smooth over the tour getting cancelled seems like a RLM type idea.

i dont trust dmb's back pockets to not have wholes in them with everything we thought was going to happen that never did haha

CrAzYEasyDMB04 05-03-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodo36 (Post 17947261)

imagine thinking the tour isnt happening. lmao

greyson1289 05-03-2021 10:51 PM

Alright I will leave it at this and be on my way:

December 1st - December 21st (-ish)

Don't make any big travel plans. :leroi

ToySoldier#34 05-03-2021 10:52 PM

OMG three weeks straight at MSG, take that Phish!!

Tom Brady 05-03-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyson1289 (Post 17947557)
Alright I will leave it at this and be on my way:

December 1st - December 21st (-ish)

Don't make any big travel plans. :leroi

I canít tell if this is album drop timeline or winter tour or combination of both?

Aforauer 05-03-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Brady (Post 17947565)
I canít tell if this is album drop timeline or winter tour or combination of both?

If what heís saying is accurate then Iíd imagine late summer/fall release followed by small indoor tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToySoldier#34 05-03-2021 11:03 PM

Full band mini tour to support an album would be cool, especially if it means we get an album this year and summer sets aren't all focused on supporting a new album. Personally I'd be more excited about a D&T or Dave solo December run.

Carson31 05-03-2021 11:11 PM

greykitkat36, I wanted to address your post here since you didn't want to say anything to me directly. I'll add your post from thesedayscontinue to this thread here, section by section, so everyone can see. I'll add my replies in bold:

greykitkat36: "That sounds like such bullshit I donít even know where to begin. If you guys buy any of that, Iím sorry for you.
It's basically just an assessment of where we're at, which you later seem to acknowledge. I haven't claimed to have heard the album, but I was asked to offer my thoughts so I did that on a message board.

Also, thereís pretty much nothing in there we didnít already know/guess from putting together pieces of social media leaks.
Exactly, and you're mostly right outside of the mentions of songs like Charlottesville and the Stand Up Instrumentals. But those two things are just bullshit, right?

Anyone who says ďIíll tell you guys later in the next edition..Ē is the biggest red flag, just tell us what you know douche
I know right, what a douche I am... I wanted to hold off on one name temporarily and said I'd reveal that name either way. What a weird thing to cry about if you think my post is bullshit anyway.

donít hang people on a string for your attention grab.
I also addressed this, specifically stating that I sometimes don't post because I don't want the attention. And because you basically asked for this: If I want your attention, I'll have it whenever I want.

Odds are he doesnít actually know anything which is why heís saying that.

Would be a weird, completely inconsequential thing to hedge a bet on but ok.

For all we know, there is no album. Dave said him and members of the band worked on some tunes and did some recording, Jeff said in that interview he had literally no idea and wasnít told anything about it.
Perhaps this is true. Wouldn't change anything I said.

For all intents and purposes, the band was probably just messing around and working on ideas but this notion that itís a full complete album is kind of hilarious. Thereís no evidence to suggest that and knowing this band, it wonít see the light of day anyway. And, honestly if Batson and Alagia are involved again Iím really not interested. Come Tomorrow fucking blew and Batson is god awful."

This is fun for me because while simultaneously bashing me you're also leaving the door open for me to be right. 'Well, maybe that lying douche is right!' Greykitkat, probably.

I'm not sure what else to say, I thought I made it pretty clear that I really didn't know anything. Just assessing where we are and filling in a couple new details. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Most of that info was 'out there' and that was the point of rehashing from the start, I felt like I even specifically stated where the info was corroborated publicly? Nothing was really earth shattering. And It's not like I hid my post behind a pay wall, it's here for everyone to see and assess. I even invited anyone who knows better than I do to correct me... maybe I missed it but all I can hear are the crickets chirping.

I appreciate the people who stuck up for me. I'll find a way to reward you.

For those of you who like my posts, get ready for many many more of them. If you don't like my posts, pucker up, buttercup.

Love always,
-carson

Aforauer 05-03-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carson31 (Post 17947574)
greykitkat36, I wanted to address your post here since you didn't want to say anything to me directly. I'll add your post from thesedayscontinue to this thread here, section by section, so everyone can see. I'll add my replies in bold:

greykitkat36: "That sounds like such bullshit I donít even know where to begin. If you guys buy any of that, Iím sorry for you.
It's basically just an assessment of where we're at, which you later seem to acknowledge. I haven't claimed to have heard the album, but I was asked to offer my thoughts so I did that on a message board.

Also, thereís pretty much nothing in there we didnít already know/guess from putting together pieces of social media leaks.
Exactly, and you're mostly right outside of the mentions of songs like Charlottesville and the Stand Up Instrumentals. But those two things are just bullshit, right?

Anyone who says ďIíll tell you guys later in the next edition..Ē is the biggest red flag, just tell us what you know douche
I know right, what a douche I am... I wanted to hold off on one name temporarily and said I'd reveal that name either way. What a weird thing to cry about if you think my post is bullshit anyway.

donít hang people on a string for your attention grab.
I also addressed this, specifically stating that I sometimes don't post because I don't want the attention. And because you basically asked for this: If I want your attention, I'll have it whenever I want.

Odds are he doesnít actually know anything which is why heís saying that.

Would be a weird, completely inconsequential thing to hedge a bet on but ok.

For all we know, there is no album. Dave said him and members of the band worked on some tunes and did some recording, Jeff said in that interview he had literally no idea and wasnít told anything about it.
Perhaps this is true. Wouldn't change anything I said.

For all intents and purposes, the band was probably just messing around and working on ideas but this notion that itís a full complete album is kind of hilarious. Thereís no evidence to suggest that and knowing this band, it wonít see the light of day anyway. And, honestly if Batson and Alagia are involved again Iím really not interested. Come Tomorrow fucking blew and Batson is god awful."

This is fun for me because while simultaneously bashing me you're also leaving the door open for me to be right. 'Well, maybe that lying douche is right!' Greykitkat, probably.

I'm not sure what else to say, I thought I made it pretty clear that I really didn't know anything. Just assessing where we are and filling in a couple new details. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Most of that info was 'out there' and that was the point of rehashing from the start, I felt like I even specifically stated where the info was corroborated publicly? Nothing was really earth shattering. And It's not like I hid my post behind a pay wall, it's here for everyone to see and assess. I even invited anyone who knows better than I do to correct me... maybe I missed it but all I can hear are the crickets chirping.

I appreciate the people who stuck up for me. I'll find a way to reward you.

For those of you who like my posts, get ready for many many more of them. If you don't like my posts, pucker up, buttercup.

Love always,
-carson

Carson, keep feeding us (please) with any info you have regarding the state of the band and this new album. 99% of us appreciate and look forward to this. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToySoldier#34 05-03-2021 11:15 PM

It's appreciated Carson, thanks man

Cptn. Monkeyman 05-03-2021 11:22 PM

Wow, that guy seems like a real turd. Also... thereís so much out there pointing towards a complete album. Stefan has talked about it a number of times, Dave wasnít hiding it either. Maybe it gets scrapped, maybe it gets released. But one things for sure: an album is/was most definitely being worked on.

WhereYouGoin 05-03-2021 11:42 PM

I wonder if we’ll see a scenario where they start touring with the songs worked into the set and the album yet to be officially announced but Dave keeps saying something about that one will be on our next album, that’s a song from our next as yet untitled album, etc. etc.

Cscottrun 05-03-2021 11:44 PM

He could just do his research and see that pretty much everything that Carson has ever told us has been true.

Exhibit A: Leaking the name of the Come Tomorrow album and some tracks months before the album was even announced and before there was even a trace on the internet linking dmb with the phrases "come on come on" and "come tomorrow."

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...postcount=2742

Edit: Oh and "Red Glare" like 6 months before the Batson Sessions leaked.

greyson1289 05-04-2021 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17947600)
He could just do his research and see that pretty much everything that Carson has ever told us has been true.

Exhibit A: Leaking the name of the Come Tomorrow album and some tracks months before the album was even announced and before there was even a trace on the internet linking dmb with the phrases "come on come on" and "come tomorrow."

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...postcount=2742

Edit: Oh and "Red Glare" like 6 months before the Batson Sessions leaked.

Hahaha what an awesome post this is. Screw anyone that talked shit about Carson.

Carson - thank you for everything you do!

greyson1289 05-04-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Brady (Post 17947565)

More towards the tour (2021 in general) continuing after Mohegan.

Dannyyankou 05-04-2021 12:27 AM

People like greykitkat36 are why insiders are hesitant to share information in the first place.

Dodo36 05-04-2021 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYEasyDMB04 (Post 17947359)
imagine thinking the tour isnt happening. lmao

imagine thinking that the whole world would shut down for a year over a disease with an at worst 2 in 10000 chance of terminal outcomes. I'm accounting for the possible flare up, a la India. I'd lmao, but that seems an odd way to end every post

groogrux27 05-04-2021 02:12 AM

eff greykitkat36

all my homies hate greykitkat36 (just kidding, hate is a strong word, but come on man, there's no reason to doubt carson (carson + other insiders are the only reasons i come to these boards anymore))

Carson31 05-04-2021 03:07 AM

In the interest of not being a Latte Larry I'm going to turn the page. But I'll still make good on my promise to post more often.

Switching back to the album let's hope we get some official news soon. I'm as eager as anyone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17946723)

Carson, if you wouldnít mind sharing your opinion; If they were to include any older tracks (Bismarck, Break Free, etc.) would they re-record those types of songs, or simply use old cuts from Cavallo or Batson, etc.

My guess is that they would likely re-record those tracks. They definitely used some older stuff on Come Tomorrow but I'm not aware that they had ever previously done that. I tend to think that if they thought the older cuts of Bismarck or Break Free were that great, they'd have been released. I think the older Batson stuff was included with Come Tomorrow because Dave always intended to get back to those songs. I'm not sure what else he intends to get back to.