Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340449)

ramiro24 05-18-2016 06:30 PM

Re: DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released

Matt a small bug i may have found? I was bored and checking the notes in some of the 1991 shows and every time i would click notes on some of those shows, the entire app would crash. And it would do it repeatedly. Not sure if it was an issue for more recent tours or not though.

Matt 05-18-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16424711)
Matt a small bug i may have found? I was bored and checking the notes in some of the 1991 shows and every time i would click notes on some of those shows, the entire app would crash. And it would do it repeatedly. Not sure if it was an issue for more recent tours or not though.

No bug, but the notes for that show must have a weird character. Do you recall what show?

ramiro24 05-23-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16425121)
No bug, but the notes for that show must have a weird character. Do you recall what show?

Sorry forgot to check this post, it was all the early shows up to May? Each time i would check the notes for the early demo, studio and early first full shows of the band in 91' and i think even 90' the entire app would just crash.

dmbetc 05-23-2016 10:43 PM

Is there any way for the set list game to update live in regards to the "actual setlist" portion? I don't need the scoring but it would be nice to see what was played and what you picked in the same section.

Matt 05-24-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16433390)
Is there any way for the set list game to update live in regards to the "actual setlist" portion? I don't need the scoring but it would be nice to see what was played and what you picked in the same section.

It's something I've thought about. Right now, the "score view" shows No Song for each actual setlist song because it pulls directly from the show's setlist in the database (which is empty until we submit it after a show). I suppose it could be changed during the "The show's started but not ended yet" phase to include our live setlist content.

Working on a pretty major function for v1.4, but I'll look into it for v1.5!

PS - That was an Ants staff member *not* blowing you off! ;)

dmbetc 05-24-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16433804)
It's something I've thought about. Right now, the "score view" shows No Song for each actual setlist song because it pulls directly from the show's setlist in the database (which is empty until we submit it after a show). I suppose it could be changed during the "The show's started but not ended yet" phase to include our live setlist content.

Working on a pretty major function for v1.4, but I'll look into it for v1.5!

PS - That was an Ants staff member *not* blowing you off! ;)

It was somethings I thought about as I was out with only my phone and was trying to keep track of my songs picked and the actual set list. So much work to switch between setlist game and lights down! Kidding, I'm just lazy. I look forward to all the updates!!

PS - you're a true leader my friend. :)

BruceW 05-24-2016 09:29 PM

When I go to rate a show (especially the current shows) it always shows I have rated the songs already. I don't know if it is taking my past ratings of the same song from other shows, or if it's taking another users ratings, but there's a bug here it seems.

BruceW 05-24-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16433974)
It was somethings I thought about as I was out with only my phone and was trying to keep track of my songs picked and the actual set list. So much work to switch between setlist game and lights down! Kidding, I'm just lazy. I look forward to all the updates!!

PS - you're a true leader my friend. :)

I've thought about this almost every show. I still haven't learned that this isn't a feature yet haha. Good call

ramiro24 05-25-2016 10:04 AM

Ill just post this as a cool future feature to add to the busy list of future ideas.

For personal stats, i think this site had it before but it might have been buggy and was removed, but a info page showing the stats of the last time each personal user has seen a played song would be cool to see. I don't know how feasible that idea is but it be cool as hell.

Like for every song i have seen, next to it shows the show date of the last time i saw it and days or shows its been since I've seen it? Or just simply the date i last saw it.

Example: JTR (Last Seen/Heard: 6/18/10)

I know a few people i know thinks that idea would be pretty sweet.

Matt 05-25-2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16436771)
Ill just post this as a cool future feature to add to the busy list of future ideas.

For personal stats, i think this site had it before but it might have been buggy and was removed, but a info page showing the stats of the last time each personal user has seen a played song would be cool to see. I don't know how feasible that idea is but it be cool as hell.

Like for every song i have seen, next to it shows the show date of the last time i saw it and days or shows its been since I've seen it? Or just simply the date i last saw it.

Example: JTR (Last Seen/Heard: 6/18/10)

I know a few people i know thinks that idea would be pretty sweet.

DMB Hub > Personal Stats > My Songs

That list right there shows you last seen.

ramiro24 05-25-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16436818)
DMB Hub > Personal Stats > My Songs

That list right there shows you last seen.

Well don't i feel like the biggest dumbass. When was that added?? I swear it was not there when i looked at last.......

Matt 05-25-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16436886)
Well don't i feel like the biggest dumbass. When was that added?? I swear it was not there when i looked at last.......

Was added with personal stats, so it's been there for a while!

ramiro24 05-25-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16436931)
Was added with personal stats, so it's been there for a while!

Shows how much i pay attention, ouch I'm dumb. ok my bad carry on! lol

bmonco22 05-31-2016 08:54 PM

what about android users? I'm sure this has been asked already, I just cant find the answer....

duh I found the answer, what if someone was interested in helping to do the code?

Matt 06-01-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmonco22 (Post 16445742)
what about android users? I'm sure this has been asked already, I just cant find the answer....

duh I found the answer, what if someone was interested in helping to do the code?

No.

1. Can not pay anyone; would be volunteer.

2. Volunteer would need to be dedicated to keeping up with release / feature cycle without exception. See #1.

3. Despite best intentions, it would fall apart fairly quickly, assuming even best case.

4. Still assuming best case, I simply do not have time to build a rapport with someone new and bring them into the loop on the app design and framework, not to mention trusting them with server APIs.

It's not happening people. Sorry. This is a side effect of the Android ecosystem.

Dannyyankou 06-01-2016 11:29 AM

If anyone wants to create a competing android app that can run on 58200377194 android devices, you're free to do so.

Hahninator 06-01-2016 07:03 PM

Does it send push notifications every day? I got one yesterday and today about the St. Louis setlist points I got, but there isn't another show for almost a week. This isn't a big deal AT ALL, I was just wondering how it's set up. Obviously one notification a day is nothing.

Matt 06-01-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 16447177)
Does it send push notifications every day? I got one yesterday and today about the St. Louis setlist points I got, but there isn't another show for almost a week. This isn't a big deal AT ALL, I was just wondering how it's set up. Obviously one notification a day is nothing.

It's a bug in the server-side logic and we're working to fix.

crashintonickdm 06-02-2016 09:11 AM

android :lol my goodness

daveshookme 06-02-2016 09:58 AM

Hey Matt, The Almanac I think has an awesome app for Android users, any way you can make something similar for my iPhone? I feel so left out.

BruceW 06-03-2016 01:14 PM

Matt, when you click on a "Note" and it is too long to fit in that pop up screen, it will not scroll down to show the whole note. In other words the pop up is not dynamic.

BruceW 06-04-2016 01:45 PM

DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released

The Stubs are really cool. What a nice addition and great idea.

Just food for thought:
Make individual stubs shareable
Allow all stubs to be visible somewhere. Like a page with every stub icon shown but only the ones you've achieved in color and highlighted. The others would still be clickable but they'd be greyed out on that main page. This would give us a chance to see them all, know what they are, and try to reach more goals.
Eventually allow for us to see everyone's stubs. Whether it would be on the actual site/forums like you do with the shows seen link or something like that.

Just a few suggestions, but sweet update man that's really cool.

Matt 06-06-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 16450106)
Matt, when you click on a "Note" and it is too long to fit in that pop up screen, it will not scroll down to show the whole note. In other words the pop up is not dynamic.

It's a layout issue - we aren't dynamically building the size of the popup based on guest/note content. It's low on the priority list but we'll get it fixed up, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 16451002)
The Stubs are really cool. What a nice addition and great idea.

Just food for thought:
Make individual stubs shareable
Allow all stubs to be visible somewhere. Like a page with every stub icon shown but only the ones you've achieved in color and highlighted. The others would still be clickable but they'd be greyed out on that main page. This would give us a chance to see them all, know what they are, and try to reach more goals.
Eventually allow for us to see everyone's stubs. Whether it would be on the actual site/forums like you do with the shows seen link or something like that.

Just a few suggestions, but sweet update man that's really cool.

We've been chewing on that one. We'll probably do something for that soon.

42graystreet 06-06-2016 02:16 PM

Review - This app is the shit. Thanks.

~TC

BruceW 06-06-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16452700)
It's a layout issue - we aren't dynamically building the size of the popup based on guest/note content. It's low on the priority list but we'll get it fixed up, thanks!

We've been chewing on that one. We'll probably do something for that soon.

Good deal. I know this must be an insane amount of work so I realize these things won't be quick fixes, but I will definitely keep making suggestions just to annoy you. Or to make you drink more, bc life is better that way.

dpduke5173 06-07-2016 06:51 AM

I dig the stinking badges! The app keeps getting more awesome. Thanks guys!

UrsadonDMB 06-07-2016 10:17 AM

Badges are amazing, want to add Spac to get that big three badge :lol

Cryfreedom09 06-07-2016 05:40 PM

Hey all. I really like the app. I have not backread so I apologize if this has been addressed. When I use the app and I visit the forums it automatically formats to the mobile version. Then, when I go on ants through the website on my phone it stays in the mobile version. I can see where to switch it back to standard layout on the website but I'd prefer it not keep switching to the mobile layout when I go through the app. Does anybody know if there is a fix for this?

kappasig02 06-08-2016 07:12 AM

Has anyone started posting pics and descriptions of the badges? I am dying to see what's out there available to earn, other than the badges I already have.

crashintonickdm 06-10-2016 10:04 AM

The badges are so cool.

BruceW 07-02-2016 03:03 PM

Dmbhub crashes every time I try to enter setlist game for Alpine N2

landsharkbam 07-04-2016 11:48 AM

just downloaded this over the weekend. Still playing around with it. Fun app guys! Thanks for the hard work! No major bugs/issues I've seen so far, other than sometimes the words stack on top of each other in the note section when I click on a song note.

tanto 07-09-2016 01:26 PM

nice work fellas.

Matt 07-09-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landsharkbam (Post 16500403)
just downloaded this over the weekend. Still playing around with it. Fun app guys! Thanks for the hard work! No major bugs/issues I've seen so far, other than sometimes the words stack on top of each other in the note section when I click on a song note.

Notes are tough because they are create dynamic cell sizes based on content and not all characters are sized equally. It's a challenge, one I continue to tweak. Glad you're enjoying the app!

ramiro24 09-07-2016 09:44 AM

Any updates coming to the app down the road that we can expect?

new badges?

Matt 09-07-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16578159)

new badges?

With the tour wound down, I'm hoping to get some things going with the app, yes.

Thanks for asking!

dontdrink36 09-07-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16578189)
With the tour wound down, I'm hoping to get some things going with the app, yes.

Thanks for asking!

Is there a list of the current badges?

Matt 09-07-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 16578190)
Is there a list of the current badges?

Not at the moment, no.

dmbetc 09-07-2016 10:31 AM

Happy with the app all tour season.

Great job Matt! :)

dmbetc 09-07-2016 10:31 AM

Happy with the app all tour season.

Great job Matt! :)

daveshookme 10-28-2016 08:26 AM

I was out at the bar the other night and met some random dmb fan I'd never met before. We got to talking and he kept referring to the app when we were talking about shows we'd been at. super cool to see that.

panini2001 03-23-2017 09:56 AM

I really like this app. Thankyou

Matt 08-01-2017 04:18 PM

v1.5 Release Notes:

New:
• A completely redesigned Hub with artwork and the ability to Like and Share Hub content
• We've removed the News section and created the ability to sort the Hub area by category to make the app more efficient
• Ants+: You can now subscribe to Ants+ right from the DMB Hub app! Ants+ members also, as always, will enjoy an ad-free experience

Fixes:
•*3D Touch actions on the App Icon (Latest Show, Random Show) now work

Misc:
• This app version requires iOS 10
• This version introduces unobtrusive advertisements to support future development of the app

Hopefully / maybe / wishlist coming soon:
• Ability to search Tour Central [BIG ONE]
• Ability to see unearned Stubs
• ...and more!

chadizzy1 08-01-2017 04:32 PM

Thanks for all your hard work!

crashintonickdm 08-01-2017 07:44 PM

nice update :thumbsup

Matt 08-03-2017 07:39 AM

Just a quick heads up:

v.1.5.1 is out now as well. Fixed an alignment issue with the personal song statistics. Thanks for your support, everyone!

sryskamp 08-03-2017 09:36 PM

Love the app but i can't update. Why is iOS 10 required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt 08-04-2017 08:44 AM

I think a better question is why haven't you updated to an OS that's been out for nearly a year? :)
Quote:

Love the app but i can't update. Why is iOS 10 required? <br>
<br>
<br>

sryskamp 08-22-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16852282)
I think a better question is why haven't you updated to an OS that's been out for nearly a year? :)

I said i can't update. There are plenty of iOS devices with hardware not capable of running software beyond version 9.

Out of ~200 apps on my phone this is one of a handful that requires iOS 10+. Why is that?

Matt 08-22-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sryskamp (Post 16866375)
I said i can't update. There are plenty of iOS devices with hardware not capable of running software beyond version 9.

Out of ~200 apps on my phone this is one of a handful that requires iOS 10+. Why is that?

You're basically talking about an iPhone 4S. That phone was released on October 14, 2011. So we're approaching 6 years old on that device. In tech industry terms, that's a *long* time.

With the upcoming release of the iPhone 8/whatever and iOS11, we're gearing up to support the new device form factors and focus in development resources (read: my personal time) on areas that will benefit the greatest number of people. We leverage libraries in the latest versions of the app that require iOS10, it's as simple as that. I think 6 years of support for a phone is pretty darn good, all things considered.

Matt 09-24-2017 08:54 AM

I'm sure anyone with the app is aware of it, but just wanted to let you all know that there's a known bug in the news viewer of the app where viewing a news story will crash it. Ugh, so sorry about that. I've got a fix in and just awaiting Apple's approval.

Matt 09-26-2017 08:08 PM

v1.6 Released:

- Various improvements & bug fixes
- iOS 11 Support
- Shows you've attended now display a ticket stub in the show list
- New Charts tab on each Setlist breaks down Showflow and Album Statistics!

Update now! And if you like the app, please leave us a review!

Matt 09-27-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16578159)

new badges?

Couple of new things I'm working on:

- Live Setlist Game scoring integrated into the live setlist (HOPING to get this release-worthy)
- ********* ***** ;)

dpduke5173 09-27-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16895701)
Couple of new things I'm working on:

- Live Setlist Game scoring integrated into the live setlist (HOPING to get this release-worthy)
- ********* ***** ;)

:thumbsup That sounds awesome. Thanks for everything you do Matt!

Matt 09-28-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpduke5173 (Post 16895793)
:thumbsup That sounds awesome. Thanks for everything you do Matt!

Sure thing! Hoping to really make a splash for 2018!

ramiro24 05-02-2018 01:44 PM

What updates are we look at for this year Matt?

Matt 05-19-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 17084953)
What updates are we look at for this year Matt?

Well, there's the streaming addition...

Have you heard last night's show yet? ;)

daveshookme 05-19-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17110349)

Holy titballs. You’re insane.

BruceW 05-19-2018 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17110349)

I have the latest version and it’s not showing up. Going to delete the app and reinstall and see if it works.

Also, if I’m a plus member should I be seeing ads?

BruceW 05-19-2018 09:55 PM

Yea no streaming showing up for me in the app at all.

daveshookme 05-19-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 17110373)
I have the latest version and it’s not showing up. Going to delete the app and reinstall and see if it works.

Also, if I’m a plus member should I be seeing ads?

At least you get a big avatar.

BruceW 05-19-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 17110381)
At least you get a big avatar.

Lol the ads went away in the app now, but no stream sauce yet.

Dannyyankou 05-20-2018 04:16 AM

Matt, you may want to remove one of backdrop images for the setlists...

Matt 05-20-2018 07:20 AM

Did you not see the streaming hub item from a few days ago - with live versions of CT songs?

You can filter hub items by tapping the icon in the top right - check that out and let me know if you find anything new.

SeekNancyUp 05-20-2018 01:57 PM

Matt, being able to stream shows directly from the app is freakin’ awesome!! I’m listening to Woodlands right now. A nice treat getting off the plane. Thank you and nice work!!

rwm1515 05-20-2018 03:49 PM

Totally Agree. The latest version of Hub is fantastic. Great to be able to play the recent live shows (this weekend) from our phones. Well done!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekNancyUp (Post 17111130)
Matt, being able to stream shows directly from the app is freakin’ awesome!! I’m listening to Woodlands right now. A nice treat getting off the plane. Thank you and nice work!!

LaLaLaLaHey 05-20-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17110620)
Did you not see the streaming hub item from a few days ago - with live versions of CT songs?

You can filter hub items by tapping the icon in the top right - check that out and let me know if you find anything new.

Streaming is amazing!!

Any chance we get scrubbing in the near future? It’s hard to not be able to skip to parts or go back etc.

sheldonlevene 05-20-2018 04:55 PM

Nice fuckin work guys. New app is incredible.

BruceW 05-20-2018 05:10 PM

Btw its Justin Kacz, not Katz ;)

GoingToCA91 05-20-2018 05:59 PM

This new update is amazing. I listened to parts of Woodlands and Dallas earlier tonight. What a time to be alive!

My dream feature would be to be able to create a custom playlist. I'd add all the new songs/unreleased songs I don't have access to other than YT videos or downloading shows (which I don't really do much anymore

Bernie41 05-20-2018 06:03 PM

The app really is so cool. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in.

KClaw 05-21-2018 06:19 AM

Matt, or whoever is responsible, I just wanted to say thanks for the app. You guys have knocked it out of the park with the latest version and it's so cool just to be able to open the app and play the latest show. You guys rock!

morecornbread!! 05-21-2018 08:22 AM

Huge thank you to whoever made this possible. This is an insane addition to the app. Appreciate the hard work yall put in!!

dpduke5173 05-21-2018 09:15 AM

Great update! Thanks for everything Matt!

Matt 05-21-2018 09:24 AM

Glad y'all like it. The app is somewhat of a labor of love for me. So happy to implement new and cool stuff that y'all dig!

BTCS_JTR 05-21-2018 09:45 AM

Nice work :thumbsup

mHeiser92 05-21-2018 10:06 AM

New show stream feature is awesome.

Will those be updated all tour long as tapes get added?

Matt 05-21-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mHeiser92 (Post 17112464)
New show stream feature is awesome.

Will those be updated all tour long as tapes get added?

To be determined. This is very much a beta test so we can measure multiple factors.

Matt 05-21-2018 10:12 AM

Might I ask if y'all wouldn't mind reviewing the App on the App store as well?

mHeiser92 05-21-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17112475)
To be determined. This is very much a beta test so we can measure multiple factors.

I figured it may be a test. Also important to get these first shows of a new era out so people can listen. Either way thanks for all the hard work on the app

daveshookme 05-21-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17112477)

General question I’ve never gotten an answer to: do I need to review each update? Or if I reviewed it a while back do I need to/can I review it again?

DixiChknTnseLam 05-21-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Absolutely! Thank you for everything you guys do with the app (and the broader community, of course!)!! App looks super sleek!

dthree 05-21-2018 10:33 AM

The streaming feature is amazing! What can we do to ensure this happens the rest of the tour?!

skiddiet 05-21-2018 03:57 PM

Matt - i said it on iTunes and I'll say it here - incredible. Thank you!

MidwestGirl 05-22-2018 04:20 AM

Just left a review on iTunes, the app and the new features are amazing!

drop2d 05-22-2018 04:34 AM

Just when I was considering switching to an android phone, you go and make the app awesomer. Thanks.

SeekNancyUp 05-22-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17110620)

Matt, have you considered an app for Apple TV? It would be cool to stream the shows through Apple TV to listen through a home stereo setup vs. airplay.

BruceW 05-22-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekNancyUp (Post 17113653)
Matt, have you considered an app for Apple TV? It would be cool to stream the shows through Apple TV to listen through a home stereo setup vs. airplay.

I don’t have a home stereo so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but technically couldn’t you use the audio jack and plug it into the adaptor for the iPhone and play it that way? Or does it not use a 3.5mm jack?

Matt 05-22-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekNancyUp (Post 17113653)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 17113667)
I don’t have a home stereo so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but technically couldn’t you use the audio jack and plug it into the adaptor for the iPhone and play it that way? Or does it not use a 3.5mm jack?

Few things:

1. Nothing really precluding you from using AirPlay to do exactly that. If the AppleTV is hooked up to a stereo (which it sounds like it is in your example), you could just AirPlay from your iPhone to the ATV (or directly to the stereo; many modern receivers support it).

2. The AppleTV, while a neat device, probably is still a little niche for the Dave Matthews Band fan. The resources required for me to redesign the app for it would probably not be well spent at the end of the day. Not to mention, that remote. My gosh, that remote.

SeekNancyUp 05-22-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17113741)
Few things:

1. Nothing really precluding you from using AirPlay to do exactly that. If the AppleTV is hooked up to a stereo (which it sounds like it is in your example), you could just AirPlay from your iPhone to the ATV (or directly to the stereo; many modern receivers support it).

2. The AppleTV, while a neat device, probably is still a little niche for the Dave Matthews Band fan. The resources required for me to redesign the app for it would probably not be well spent at the end of the day. Not to mention, that remote. My gosh, that remote.

Got it and thank you for your response. I'm a heavy ATV user, but I understand it might not be well adopted. It makes sense for you to spend your resources in a way that produces the most value for the greatest amount of people. One more thing... the new 4k ATV remote is a little better. They updated it to include a raised white ring around the circumference of the menu button. It really improved the usability of the remote, because you don't have to look down at the remote to know what buttons you're pressing now. Thanks again for all you do to make the site and the app awesome.

jimit43 05-23-2018 05:13 AM

Streaming feature is truly awesome, been waiting 15-20 years for something like this

Matt 05-23-2018 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekNancyUp (Post 17113804)
Got it and thank you for your response. I'm a heavy ATV user, but I understand it might not be well adopted. It makes sense for you to spend your resources in a way that produces the most value for the greatest amount of people. One more thing... the new 4k ATV remote is a little better. They updated it to include a raised white ring around the circumference of the menu button. It really improved the usability of the remote, because you don't have to look down at the remote to know what buttons you're pressing now. Thanks again for all you do to make the site and the app awesome.

Not to go too off topic here, but I too am a heavy ATV user. Mostly Plex, but I use mine pretty much daily. I've occasionally thought about DMB Hub on the ATV but it would require most of the work where I feel I'm the weakest - design/layout/graphics.

Anyway, bordered ring or not, that swipe pad on the remote is turrible.

boleebar 05-23-2018 07:34 AM

I downloaded dmb hub last night and it's great. Thanks for creating this!

Many great features. Streaming is awesome!

I will also leave a review on iTunes.

Matt 05-23-2018 09:17 AM

Man, if nothing else, maybe the streaming feature will bring attention to the rest of the app. It's been around for two years now, and I think the other stuff is pretty dang rad on its own, too!

LaLaLaLaHey 05-23-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17115920)
Man, if nothing else, maybe the streaming feature will bring attention to the rest of the app. It's been around for two years now, and I think the other stuff is pretty dang rad on its own, too!

Everything you’ve put into the app is amazing!

Is there any chance we could end up getting higher audio quality streamings in the future? Or at least a setting to choose the quality? I’ve noticed that the streams come in a little off / crunchy sometimes when compared to the torrent downloads. No big deal, was just curious. I know you’ve been getting a load of requests here.

Matt 05-23-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake.sager (Post 17116001)
Everything you’ve put into the app is amazing!

Is there any chance we could end up getting higher audio quality streamings in the future? Or at least a setting to choose the quality? I’ve noticed that the streams come in a little off / crunchy sometimes when compared to the torrent downloads. No big deal, was just curious. I know you’ve been getting a load of requests here.

You're always going to get the best quality with the torrent download.

It all depends on bandwidth. If we stream at 128k, that means we can serve half as many users as we could @ 64k, for example. This is obviously in beta and it's all subject to change, but we're up front about the quality not being absolutely pristine; if you want that, grab the torrent. And best case, the band releases the show and you get the full live release treatment! For quick and easy listening, we feel we're in the ballpark on the compromise.

daveshookme 05-23-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 17116025)
You're always going to get the best quality with the torrent download.

It all depends on bandwidth. If we stream at 128k, that means we can serve half as many users as we could @ 64k, for example. This is obviously in beta and it's all subject to change, but we're up front about the quality not being absolutely pristine; if you want that, grab the torrent. And best case, the band releases the show and you get the full live release treatment! For quick and easy listening, we feel we're in the ballpark on the compromise.

Is it currently set up to be dynamic or set bitrate? If only 10 people are listening would it be better than if 1000 people are? Is that possible? I’m assuming it’s more work/more money for that service, but I dunno.

SeekNancyUp 05-23-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 17113667)

You could, but much much easier to stream via AirPlay if you have the capability. Plus the new iPhones don't have a 3.55mm jack, but I guess you could use the Apple DONGle adapter.

skiddiet 05-23-2018 04:36 PM

Matt,

What is the expected turn around time on the streams? Will every show this tour get a stream? Do I need to stop refreshing the Austin show page on my app? Is this enough questions? I am Ron Burgundy?

morecornbread!! 05-23-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiddiet (Post 17116682)
Matt,

What is the expected turn around time on the streams? Will every show this tour get a stream? Do I need to stop refreshing the Austin show page on my app? Is this enough questions? I am Ron Burgundy?

I was coming in to ask this!