Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334873)

ToySoldier#34 10-13-2019 07:08 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread

Love how Dave belts "dead" at 4:44, "home" is throaty but after that his tone is awesome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7yr983MfFvk

tyler3440 10-14-2019 05:26 AM

It’s so stupid you can’t download music from dmbs website like a live trap straight to a phone. At very least all the live tracks should be on ITunes. Damn.

BTBaboon 10-14-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 17560341)
It’s so stupid you can’t download music from dmbs website like a live trap straight to a phone.

It's 2019 and they still haven't figured out mobile device downloads :lol

sean52692 10-14-2019 08:10 AM

RE: Raven 8/20/1995

Chester Copperpot5

@Copperpot5
·
14m

This isn't the debut of "Raven" after-all. More on that in a bit.

Coolmunk too 10-14-2019 01:09 PM

It'd be funny and oddly appropriate if they sold Minarets prayer rugs.

KitKat76 10-15-2019 11:21 AM

My GOD- Dave looks possessed in this performance of Kit Kat Jam. Just watched this last night and it's now another one of my (many) favorite versions of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDdPQJ3WyNs

bmt322 10-15-2019 11:32 AM

Broken Things is a wonderful, fantastic, and delightful studio track. I've had it on repeat for the past several weeks. Carter and Stefan are totally in sync, there's ominous guitar and lyrics, and then sweet and light guitar and lyrics, baritone sax. Fuck yes.

CapnHani06 10-15-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmt322 (Post 17561156)
Broken Things is a wonderful, fantastic, and delightful studio track. I've had it on repeat for the past several weeks. Carter and Stefan are totally in sync, there's ominous guitar and lyrics, and then sweet and light guitar and lyrics, baritone sax. Fuck yes.

God a thousand times this.

Dannyyankou 10-15-2019 09:34 PM

Whoa, I'm looking back at the almanac and No Doubt apparently opened for DMB at Trax in 1992 when they were both unknown. Interesting.

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=54&where=1992

bowa36 10-16-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17561620)
Whoa, I'm looking back at the almanac and No Doubt apparently opened for DMB at Trax in 1992 when they were both unknown. Interesting.

that is awesome

Whiteyxc514 10-16-2019 07:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HTYAaMH2Yw

I'll Back You Up from the Sirius show is excellent, especially when you consider Dave almost never performs this song live.

tyler3440 10-16-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 17560354)

At least the professional shows on the website should be.

I’m dreaming of the day where downloading taper pulls straight to the phone is a possibility. It takes a lot of effort to get them on the phone. Have to download the bit torrent, convert it, then sync it to my phone.

Dannyyankou 10-16-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 17560354)

If you have an iPhone with iOS 13 installed, you now can. There’s a download manager built in Safari, and you can listen to it in the Files app.

You still need to transfer it to your computer though if you want to add it to your music library though.

davem#36 10-16-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmt322 (Post 17561156)

Also...a BT solo. Such a great track.

DEMITRI 10-17-2019 07:05 AM

Jennifer Aniston broke the internet by getting on Instagram finally.... not even a whole day into it, who makes it on her Instagram story? Dave Matthews that’s who.

KevinTH 10-17-2019 07:55 AM

Gravedigger was perfect the way it was as a Dave-solo song and never should have received the full band treatment. The solo acoustic studio version is so much better than the full band version on the album.

bowa36 10-17-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 17562571)
Gravedigger was perfect the way it was as a Dave-solo song and never should have received the full band treatment. The solo acoustic studio version is so much better than the full band version on the album.

yeah I agree with this, it would be nice as a midset Dave solo or E1. The song itself really only needs Dave

KitKat76 10-18-2019 11:37 AM

Deeply scouring the net I was able to find the Dave Matthews & Friends Live At Bonnaroo 6.11.2004 and am listening now. I swear this version sounds better than the free Nugs show I had but I could be mistaken. I haven't listened to this show in quite a while. Dave, Tim & Trey- YES!! The Some Devil period is still one of my favorite eras. Great album & Tour. I need to grab a pack of the Primera CDR's to burn store equivalent CD's particularly for the Lillywhite Sessions & this show. The edits in between songs is a little off but I swear this mix sounds cleaner and less like it was from a taper.

KitKat76 10-18-2019 11:51 AM

New idea for a drinking game: Take a shot when listening to a Warehouse Volume, Encore Trax or Live Trax anytime you hear someone yell out "SHOTGUN!!" There's got to be at least 10 of these spread through mixes.:haha

KitKat76 10-18-2019 01:14 PM

OOH 3 times the same dude yelled "SHOTGUN!!!" at the end of #41 on Cuyahoga Falls, OH 6.2.18 -:scorpio

hailtopitt 10-18-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

:thumbsup so much this

Coolmunk too 10-18-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17561620)

YUP! That one caught my eye- they both played Bumbershoot in Seattle in '94 as well.

YankeesDMB41 10-19-2019 07:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RfI8zyGjNM

This is in the conversation of best DMB performance ever.

tyler3440 10-19-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17562376)
If you have an iPhone with iOS 13 installed, you now can. There’s a download manager built in Safari, and you can listen to it in the Files app.

You still need to transfer it to your computer though if you want to add it to your music library though.

I bought a live Trax 33 and the link in the email is saying “Please download to your computer, add to music library, and sync to devices.” I have the new IOS, so that shouldn’t be the problem.

How were you able to download it?

Madnana 10-19-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat76 (Post 17563677)
Deeply scouring the net I was able to find the Dave Matthews & Friends Live At Bonnaroo 6.11.2004 and am listening now. I swear this version sounds better than the free Nugs show I had but I could be mistaken. I haven't listened to this show in quite a while. Dave, Tim & Trey- YES!! The Some Devil period is still one of my favorite eras. Great album & Tour. I need to grab a pack of the Primera CDR's to burn store equivalent CD's particularly for the Lillywhite Sessions & this show. The edits in between songs is a little off but I swear this mix sounds cleaner and less like it was from a taper.

link? PM?

bmt322 10-19-2019 10:24 AM

I think some evidence of Dave and Steve being unhappy with the AFTW mixes can be found in between Broken Things and Belly Belly Nice.

Broken Things has a ton of depth and the very next track, Belly Belly Nice, does not.

Cscottrun 10-19-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Funny, I came here to post something similar. The 4/26/02 version popped up on youtube (the debut) and I find the debut version way more enjoyable than the final version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frEd2oEk-Q

ToySoldier#34 10-19-2019 03:49 PM

Gravedigger is definitely better solo, I like the debut version but the final version a lot more

Bmwm3oz 10-22-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17564232)
Gravedigger is definitely better solo, I like the debut version but the final version a lot more

Gravedigger is best when it's not played at all lol.

That said, I agree.

Bmwm3oz 10-22-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davem#36 (Post 17558726)
Sure does. Same with so right

I missed these posts from a couple of weeks ago. Also agree with So Right. My favorite version of So Right for the last 15 years was the Folsom field version. It's been replaced by the version from Woodlands, TX 2018.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 17558769)
Love Recently in its current form or whatever form. It’s like pure dmb. Like I think the song is one of the best songs to show to someone who has never heard a dmb tune before. It represents the band so well. Unfortunately, I never seen a full band version ever. I feel like it’s on the same rarity level as a seek up, maybe even a little more rare. Not impossible to catch by any means, but still rare enough during the tour to not see it for years and years. I have been extremely lucky with seek up for example. Seen it 7 times out of 15 and it’s my 4th most seen song. Wouldn’t trade it for the world. Seen post on here where people haven’t seen seek up in years or never seen it. That’s kinda my luck with recently. This band is weird :lol

Totally agree on Recently being one of the 'poster' songs of DMB. Great intro to DMB if showing someone what the band is about.