Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334873)

bartender_man 08-06-2016 05:09 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEyedIdiot (Post 16547130)
Hello Again has been played six times in the last ten years and zero times in the last six years.

Also getting zero plays over the last six years: Sweet Up and Down and Busted Stuff.

A Shame really.

It's pathetic.

dontdrink36 08-06-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEyedIdiot (Post 16547130)
Hello Again has been played six times in the last ten years and zero times in the last six years.

Also getting zero plays over the last six years: Sweet Up and Down and Busted Stuff.

A Shame really.

All would have enjoyed been great choices for the liberation fest if it had continued.

misschung 08-08-2016 07:10 AM

This is completely random, but am I the only one who gets annoyed when people don't credit photos they find online? So many of my SPAC pics have ended up on these random FB pages with no credit. I guess I know why people watermark...

Hilly 08-08-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misschung (Post 16547751)
This is completely random, but am I the only one who gets annoyed when people don't credit photos they find online? So many of my SPAC pics have ended up on these random FB pages with no credit. I guess I know why people watermark...

You're not the only one. Lot of people feel that photos, music, movies, etc should all be freely distributed, especially if they're a fan.

You know, until they actually start creating something.

NewBernPirate13 08-08-2016 11:08 AM

Just finished up reading Bill Kreutzmann's bio, Deal. In it he mentioned Bruce Hornsby and DMB in the same breath, touching on the Virginia music scene. And it got me thinking...how awesome would that guest spot be! And why hasn't it happened yet?

Roose13 08-08-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBernPirate13 (Post 16547964)
Just finished up reading Bill Kreutzmann's bio, Deal. In it he mentioned Bruce Hornsby and DMB in the same breath, touching on the Virginia music scene. And it got me thinking...how awesome would that guest spot be! And why hasn't it happened yet?

It's actually happened just once: http://www.dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=453055269

But I agree it should have totally happened more.

ToySoldier#34 08-09-2016 07:06 PM

Never saw / heard Dave covering Ring of Fire until this week, short tribute but I really like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgcavmClxl0

WidespreadMule3 08-11-2016 12:36 PM

Death on High Seas sounds like a 007 theme song.

Mr. Pineapple 08-11-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 (Post 16551885)
Death on High Seas sounds like a 007 theme song.

It would be a primo title for a 007 film, too. I think you may be on to something here. This is the kind of shit Capshaw should be trying to take a bite on.

excitingjae 08-11-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pineapple (Post 16551903)
It would be a primo title for a 007 film, too. I think you may be on to something here. This is the kind of shit Capshaw should be trying to take a bite on.

That would be a terrible title for a Bond film.

Mr. Pineapple 08-11-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excitingjae (Post 16551956)
That would be a terrible title for a Bond film.

How about 007 in: Don't Burn the Pig?
Or 007 in: Lie in our Graves?

bowa36 08-11-2016 08:35 PM

s o m u c h t o s a y o u & m e v e r y d a y o u n e v e r k n o w h e r e a r e y o u g o i n g r a n n y o u m i g h t d i e t r y i n g r e y s t r e e t h e s o n g t h a t j a n e l i k e s u g a r w i l l y i n g i n t h e h a n d s o f g o d o n ' t d r i n k t h e w a t e r o o f t o p a y f o r w h a t y o u g e t i m e b o m b o b l a w h e n t h e w o r l d e n d s t e a d y a s w e g o l d d i r t h i l l b r i n g t h a t b e a t b a c k i l l t h e k i n g r a c e i s g o n e h h e e v e r y b o d y w a k e u p o u r f i n e s t h o u r a r r i v e s o r i g h t h e r i f f o o l t o t h i n k i t k a t j a m

BTCS_JTR 08-11-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pineapple (Post 16552169)
How about 007 in: Don't Burn the Pig?
Or 007 in: Lie in our Graves?

007: Golden Idea of You.

schutter 08-12-2016 05:30 AM

Three live songs that I've never really listened to much that I have on repeat right now: Captain, You Never Know, Hello Again.

That's what I love about this band.....there is always something new to discover even if it's older songs!

Mr. Pineapple 08-12-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCS_JTR (Post 16552416)
007: Golden Idea of You.

Boyd Tinsley and 007 in: Pluck another Pube.

bowa36 08-13-2016 07:15 PM

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...103&where=2009

"First time since its full band debut that Cornbread was not played at a venue for a full show. It had skipped a night of multi-night stands, but never a venue entirely."

ToySoldier#34 08-18-2016 06:22 AM

There are performances from a Dave solo show on youtube that I'm trying to find but not having any luck, seeing if anyone can help out:

* I am pretty sure it is a company / corporate event
* It isn't tied to a winery, isn't the Varvatos gig, isn't Europe 2006, isn't the Bellevue Mall, isn't Greenwich, isn't Farm Aid
* It's a legit stage with a roof but isn't an amphitheater as the crowd is standing around on flat ground, Dave is sitting when playing, you can see Ashley in the crowd
* Watchtower, You and Me, Crush, So Damn Lucky are a few of the songs

Anyone?

Chumlee67 08-18-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16557566)
There are performances from a Dave solo show on youtube that I'm trying to find but not having any luck, seeing if anyone can help out:

* I am pretty sure it is a company / corporate event
* It isn't tied to a winery, isn't the Varvatos gig, isn't Europe 2006, isn't the Bellevue Mall, isn't Greenwich, isn't Farm Aid
* It's a legit stage with a roof but isn't an amphitheater as the crowd is standing around on flat ground, Dave is sitting when playing, you can see Ashley in the crowd
* Watchtower, You and Me, Crush, So Damn Lucky are a few of the songs

Anyone?

Based on an almanac search and the songs you provided I came up with this show:

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...114&where=2011

Searching the venue online turns up a real stage that you described

ToySoldier#34 08-18-2016 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 16557576)
Based on an almanac search and the songs you provided I came up with this show:

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...114&where=2011

Searching the venue online turns up a real stage that you described

Wow, that's it, that was quick haha thank you!

Chumlee67 08-18-2016 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16557589)
Wow, that's it, that was quick haha thank you!

Hahahaha youre welcome. Love being able to search setlists on the almanac based on what songs were played. Glad it was the right info for you!

bowa36 08-18-2016 05:51 PM

Some parts of Pig, specifically the outro, sound like Pilgrimage by R.E.M.

bigeyedpigs 08-19-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 16547163)
It's pathetic.

I can't see why they can't mix these in hear or there. I wish if I had it all came back with the holding back the years outro. No hello again or busted stuff is a head scratcher.

socccerr8 08-19-2016 05:52 PM

Can someone tell me or show me where that professionally shot video of halloween in atlantic city went? I remember seeing that and dive in on some website but can't seem to find it.. Would be great if it did not get taken off the internet..

Nick_United 08-19-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeyedpigs (Post 16559566)
I can't see why they can't mix these in hear or there. I wish if I had it all came back with the holding back the years outro. No hello again or busted stuff is a head scratcher.

It's unfortunate that Dave just doesn't care and cannot be bothered to throw the hardcores a bone once and a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by socccerr8 (Post 16559608)
Can someone tell me or show me where that professionally shot video of halloween in atlantic city went? I remember seeing that and dive in on some website but can't seem to find it.. Would be great if it did not get taken off the internet..

I know the video you are referring too. It was on Vimeo. I used to watch it all the time. I believe they removed it once the live release came out.

socccerr8 08-19-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_United (Post 16559622)
It's unfortunate that Dave just doesn't care and cannot be bothered to throw the hardcores a bone once and a while.

I know the video you are referring too. It was on Vimeo. I used to watch it all the time. I believe they removed it once the live release came out.

Thats exactly where it was.. #1 concert song of my 23 shows so far...Probably no shot of finding that video

TheStone91 08-20-2016 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socccerr8 (Post 16559629)
Thats exactly where it was.. #1 concert song of my 23 shows so far...Probably no shot of finding that video

Here ya go:
https://youtu.be/kBotkcLsR9o

mthawk07 08-20-2016 07:26 AM

That Halloween is so damn good, as is that whole release. Love that they got the date wrong at the end of the video. :lol

dmbfan4ever 08-20-2016 08:36 AM

Can someone do their best to translate what Dave is yelling in the Wrigley version of Last Stop (after all the verses/choruses, and right before they jam).

Includes phrases like "its not us and them and you know it for sure," "drive us home," etc.

Thanks....love that shit but I don't know what the fuck he's saying.

Firedancer627 08-20-2016 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I figure this could go in here.
Someone snapped this pic from the Wildwood, NJ Boardwalk this evening...very Under the Table and Dreaming-esque

Credit: Wildwood365

TheStone91 08-21-2016 08:59 AM

Looking for the thread from not too long ago where someone uploaded the The Last Stop > The Last Stop Reprise (as one song) from BTCS. Anyone? I can't find it.