Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334873)

NewAgedNerd 05-22-2016 09:07 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread

I've made it a personal goal to never listen to an extended Angel with the Ladies....because that just sounds asinine to me. I don't mind the song in its shorter form tho, would be funny to see it come back as a one shot.

NoMas7 05-23-2016 02:17 PM

Outside of Watchtower, Angel from Montgomery is my favorite cover

Mr. Pineapple 05-23-2016 07:14 PM

I wanna start seeing PNP-Rapunzel openers again.

trd1610 05-23-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pineapple (Post 16433126)
I wanna start seeing PNP-Rapunzel openers again.

Absolutely

bartender_man 05-24-2016 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 (Post 16431419)
DMB is the only band I can think of that has literally 20 fantastic songs that they've never put on an album

Instead they put out Stand Up, Whiskey and AFTW

Cscottrun 05-24-2016 03:46 AM

Quote:

Discovery Channel is teaming with six top recording artists to share stories of the animal kingdom.

Beginning July 9, the channel will debut a six-part, family-friendly series, aptly titled Hello World!, which will take a closer look at the wonders of the natural world through the narration and music of familiar faces: Christina Aguilera, Usher, Ellie Goulding, Joan Jett, Dave Matthews and Steven Tyler. The series, which is being made in association with the World Wildlife Fund, is produced by RadicalMedia and will air two back-to-back episodes for three consecutive weeks.

“All of these artists bring a powerful love for wildlife and the environment, and we cannot wait to share these films with families across the world," said Rich Ross, group president of Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and Science Channel, with Terry Macko, senior vp communications and marketing at WWF, adding: “As we’re faced daily with news and information about the declining state of our natural world, this series brings a hopeful message that bridges generations to inspire conservationists of any age.”

Usher’s episode, for instance, will feature his song “Stronger” as a backdrop as a sea turtle and red fox demonstrate how adversity makes them more resilient. “Not many people may know of my strong affinity for animals and nature,” he said in a statement. “Hello World! gave me an opportunity to not only look cool to my boys, but also help introduce a new and modern way of learning about the world and the animals living within it.”

Aguilera’s episode, which uses her song “Light Up the Sky,” showcases the strategies of strong maternal caregivers including a mountain goat and a cheetah. Noted the artist: “I was thrilled when I was asked to come aboard to be part of Hello World! as I had never done voiceover work prior and the experience was amazing.”

The others include Goulding’s episode, which will uncover the great (and humorous) lengths that some animals go to to attract a mate with with her hit “Something in the Way You Move” as the soundtrack. Matthews’ installment, “Save Me,” follows the stories of three different species — rhinos, spadefoot toads and manatees — as they search for the fresh water on which all life on Earth depends. Tyler’s “Red, White & You” provides a backdrop to the Summer Wild episode, which will show how several North American critters — prairie dogs, hawks and wild mustangs — like to spend their summer vacation. And Jett’s “Bad Reputation,” which features the hit song of the same name, centers on animals that get a bad rap.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-series-896685

Not really a thought, but I don't think it deserves its own thread.

flutterby 05-24-2016 06:24 AM

Daves episode is titled "Save Me". [emoji23][emoji23]

Gideon 05-24-2016 07:09 AM

The Dave and Tim Warehouse from 02.14.97 is fucking amazing.

Gideon 05-24-2016 07:10 AM

The Dave and Tim Warehouse from 02.14.97 is fucking amazing.

ToySoldier#34 05-25-2016 06:53 AM

Listening to LT8 Bartender for the first time in a long time, wow

ybatuba 05-25-2016 10:30 AM

I wonder what Dave is rapin about in the outro part of Ants ho-down now, or is it just jibberish?

NoMas7 05-25-2016 12:01 PM

I love the Halloween from Luther College

bowa36 05-25-2016 02:21 PM

Bartender has not been played full band in ≈180 shows.

Yeah, let that sink in

SeekUpTheCubs 05-25-2016 02:51 PM

Boyd has sounded great this tour

NewAgedNerd 05-25-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowa36 (Post 16437422)

Yeah, let that sink in

Thats a sad number, but I'm confident it'll be back this year.

pbrk11 05-25-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowa36 (Post 16437422)

Yeah, let that sink in

I think it has been and will always be a ballsy opener....IMHO however....Without A Brain interpolation should be thrown in the bin...a new outro like the new SDL outro would be a welcoming return of Bartender 3.0

GruvnDMBRiddims 05-26-2016 11:33 AM

Kit Kat Jam, You Never Know, and JTR have never been played in the same set.... shame, smh.

GruvnDMBRiddims 05-26-2016 11:34 AM

Kit Kat Jam, You Never Know, and JTR have never been played in the same set.... shame, smh.

GruvnDMBRiddims 05-26-2016 11:35 AM

GruvnDMBRiddims 05-26-2016 11:38 AM

GruvnDMBRiddims 05-26-2016 11:41 AM

Kit Kat Jam, You Never Know, and JTR have never been played in the same set.

shame...

twostep03 05-26-2016 12:37 PM

Anyone know if Kit Kat Jam, You Never Know, and JTR have ever been played in the same set?

tyler3440 05-26-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twostep03 (Post 16438854)
Anyone know if Kit Kat Jam, You Never Know, and JTR have ever been played in the same set?

I don't think it has. Maybe 2010.

tyler3440 05-26-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

GruvnDMBRiddims 05-26-2016 12:48 PM

Im assuming there were server issues happening about 30-45 mins ago... not sure why it kept telling me I can only post 1x every 20 seconds and I'd have to wait 5 seconds (after refreshing and not seeing any new posts)...

...errr glitch in the matrix... record scratched / stuck in a loop... ugh.

edit: according to the almanac, after seeing that YNK & KKJ have only been played at 12 shows together (some of those being insane-looking sets: 06.20.2003), I put in JTR as a third and found out they haven't.

SeekUpTheCubs 05-26-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Searched it on the almanac. They have not

twostep03 05-26-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 16438874)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs (Post 16438883)
Searched it on the almanac. They have not

:lol wasn't a serious inquiry. I said it in response to the guy above me posting the same question 5 times

ToySoldier#34 05-26-2016 02:43 PM

Site has issues

GruvnDMBRiddims 05-26-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twostep03 (Post 16438958)
:lol wasn't a serious inquiry. I said it in response to the guy above me posting the same question 5 times

It wasn't a question... it was a random thought (fact) that didn't need its own thread.

BigWhiskey3 05-26-2016 04:16 PM

Is there a way to see on the almanac whether a song was ever an opener? Or does anyone know if they have ever opened with Some Devil? Maybe it's just me but I think that would make a solid opener.