Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 07-27-2016 01:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16535149)
Whoa. Cynical today.;) It’s perfectly reasonable to believe JT has every intention of staying with NYI. He could very well be in the New York state of mind (c wut I did there) that he’s not going anywhere.

Does that mean he might make a different decision years down the road? Of course not. Teams change, players’ situations change, the league changes. But that’s not to say that in the here and now he doesn’t believe that he wants to be an Islander for life.

Because of this ^ it's probably best to, like you guys said, not put TOO much stock into statements like these. But I don't think every similar statement needs to be reduced to or viewed simply as PR rhetoric. It could very well be an honest statement about a players state of mind at that time. And that's fine.

Totally agree, I just feel like I've read the same statement 10,000 times from every superstar on every team in every league. It just screams as another one of those coached responses that every guy has been told to say. One of my biggest pain points with modern sports is that today's media, social media, etc. have all created a culture where having a personality and opinion backfire all the time, and the best option is to become robotic.

"Make sure you say we need to get pucks to the net, you love it here, throw in how hard your other teammates are working, and everything is sunshine and rainbows."

fonzz41 07-27-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16535544)
Totally agree, I just feel like I've read the same statement 10,000 times from every superstar on every team in every league. It just screams as another one of those coached responses that every guy has been told to say. One of my biggest pain points with modern sports is that today's media, social media, etc. have all created a culture where having a personality and opinion backfire all the time, and the best option is to become robotic.

"Make sure you say we need to get pucks to the net, you love it here, throw in how hard your other teammates are working, and everything is sunshine and rainbows."

:lol To your point, it's like how back in the day the media would call Joe Sakic "Quoteless Joe" because he would never say anything beyond the cookie cutter statements that would keep him (and the team) out of trouble.

EDIT: It's one of the many things Toews also does that reminds me of Joe. :lol

~Crashintome89~ 07-27-2016 01:46 PM

If anyone is a West Wing fan you'll enjoy this--

I just did West Wing trivia with Toby and Carol. Charlie, Josh, Will Bailey, and C.J. called in as well.

fonzz41 07-27-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16535658)

I just did West Wing trivia with Toby and Carol. Charlie, Josh, Will Bailey, and C.J. called in as well.

The only question I have is if they know Jamie Benn is a center. If not, they're freaking idiots and can eff off.

kev87lads 07-27-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16535717)
The only question I have is if they know Jamie Benn is a center. If not, they're freaking idiots and can eff off.

So much this.

dmbetc 07-27-2016 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16535658)

Saw your pic on FB. I just finished up the series a few weeks ago. So cool!

TheLastPig 07-27-2016 09:30 PM

I know I haven't stopped in here in awhile.

But heres some glorious Phil footage. Turn on your volume.

https://twitter.com/MTNEER4LIFE/stat...67036481253377

dmbetc 07-27-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16536545)

:lol:lol:lol

barbogast 07-28-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Excellent :thumbsup

The legend of The Phil has really softened the blow of the Penns winning the Cup

~Crashintome89~ 07-28-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16535717)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16536511)
So much this.

You people are the worst.

fonzz41 07-28-2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Tears are running down my face. :lol

dmbetc 07-28-2016 10:41 AM

Does anyone want an Xbox One NHL 17 beta code? I have two.

* assuming these only work for xbox one, not PS4.

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16537278)
Does anyone want an Xbox One NHL 17 beta code? I have two.

* assuming these only work for xbox one, not PS4.

Yes!!! I would love one!

dmbetc 07-28-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16537291)
Yes!!! I would love one!

Ugh, anyone but you.

~Crashintome89~ 07-28-2016 10:56 AM

I think I'm going to make the switch to next gen. Xbox one or ps4?

dmbetc 07-28-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16537302)

I have both and I prefer the xbox. Honestly, both are good. Probably just depends on which more of your friends have (if you play online) and if there are any exclusive you really care about.

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16537302)

I personally like Xbox controllers better thats why I stuck with XB1. They arent all that much different unless youre a nerd for tiny differences in graphics.

XB1 is more user friendly and the kinect is really great.

dmbetc 07-28-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16537321)
I personally like Xbox controllers better thats why I stuck with XB1. They arent all that much different unless youre a nerd for tiny differences in graphics.

XB1 is more user friendly and the kinect is really great.

True about the controller. And everything else, really.

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16537324)
True about the controller. And everything else, really.

Only thing that pisses me off abotu the XB1 controller is how cheaply they seem to have made these intentionally.

I have multiple friends who have had their controllers break because they squeeze them hard while playing.

I dont squeeze mine as hard but I definitely feel a looseness and some give to the original one it came with now.

I am putting a custom controller on my christmas/birthday list for my fiancee to get me. those are awesome :lol

TMoore4075 07-28-2016 11:12 AM

My son (who is all of 5) saw some of the PS and XBox stuff at Costco once when I was there with my mom. He was basically trying to get my mom to buy a system. I need to use that, since I have a PS2. "Griffin really wants one mom."

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 11:12 AM

Also, no matter what system you buy, download Rocket League.

rickyh24 07-28-2016 11:14 AM

The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16537330)
Only thing that pisses me off abotu the XB1 controller is how cheaply they seem to have made these intentionally.

I have multiple friends who have had their controllers break because they squeeze them hard while playing.

I dont squeeze mine as hard but I definitely feel a looseness and some give to the original one it came with now.

I am putting a custom controller on my christmas/birthday list for my fiancee to get me. those are awesome :lol

The originals (day one) are shit compared to the newer ones. Even though they really are still a good controller. They fixed all the issues. I designed one with design labs and ordered it a few weeks ago. Sucks I have to wait until September for it.

dmbetc 07-28-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16537330)

I've never broken one but I don't squeeze hard (giggity)

I ordered a custom pink one! It better be top notch quality for the price.

rickyh24 07-28-2016 11:15 AM

Squeezing a controller so hard you break it is ridiculous :lol

dmbetc 07-28-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16537336)
My son (who is all of 5) saw some of the PS and XBox stuff at Costco once when I was there with my mom. He was basically trying to get my mom to buy a system. I need to use that, since I have a PS2. "Griffin really wants one mom."

Yes, using the kid to get a new system should be utilized asap.

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16537342)
The originals (day one) are shit compared to the newer ones. Even though they really are still a good controller. They fixed all the issues. I designed one with design labs and ordered it a few weeks ago. Sucks I have to wait until September for it.

I didnt know that. Thats good to hear.

My second one I bought hasnt had any issues.

TMoore4075 07-28-2016 11:16 AM

I've never use an XBox one but how fucking serious are they taking their gaming? I've gotten pissed at games before but can't say I've broken a controller.

rickyh24 07-28-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16537343)
I've never broken one but I don't squeeze hard (giggity)

I ordered a custom pink one! It better be top notch quality for the price.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...555fe4acb8.png

TheLastPig 07-28-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16537345)
Squeezing a controller so hard you break it is ridiculous :lol

Not squeezing til it cracks, but playing it enough to where it kind of squeaks now when you grip it tight and something gets loose inside. Like the two panels on my friends basically separated and now the trigger buttons dont fire right all the time.

He is a crazy intense gamer though. You shouldve seen his towns he built in fallout

dmbetc 07-28-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16537355)

I like the red and blue

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-US...6-847bad7e92b9