Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 04-26-2016 04:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16389176)
The extra n is for nancies.

Pittsburgh has curbed my playoff hopes year after year and single handedly ruined the 90s for me.

Other than beating Detroit in the finals a win in this series might be the biggest series win in franchise history. It's an opportunity to soothe so much pain from the past.

I'd rather a win in this series than a playoffs win vs. the Cowboys.

lol what?

barbogast 04-26-2016 04:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
:lol :lol

salrx95 04-26-2016 04:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16389131)
Love the fact that the Rangers are slowly going downhill after this season. This year was their last year at contending, IMO. Their window is now shut. They still may have Captain America, the King, Stepan, and others. But they literally have no draft picks or high end prospects in the system.

They had some but felt they'd rather have Yandle, Nash, st Louis, Ryan Clowe, etc. That's in the last few years. Win now mentality been in place forever there as they are a win now organization due to market and their deep pockets.

hailtopitt 04-26-2016 04:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
not sure what deep pockets have to do with it nowadays

aeroshady 04-26-2016 04:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
As I posted before, the Rangers could easily be in good shape in a few years again. They wont be because management can bleed more money out of letting this team slowly die. They could easily trade for picks and prospects again. It would take a few years, but they could hold on to some key pieces and shed the dead weight.

One thing that should be noted. The Rangers actually have two really good goalies in the system. I don't think they move Hank under any circumstances, but we should be okay in that department.

hailtopitt 04-26-2016 04:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16389225)
One thing that should be noted. The Rangers actually have two really good goalies in the system. I don't think they move Hank under any circumstances, but we should be okay in that department.

Penguins have the same problem right now...

Lcsulla 04-26-2016 04:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16388899)
There really aren't any terrible seats in that building. Hell even the last row of the upper deck has a great view.

Never been there but I imagine that it is like most arena's where all the seats are at least decent. Just if you have a potato head don't sit in front of the TV camera in the upper deck! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16389004)
Following Climb's & Sculla's lead on this one

Hold on, I never intentionally misspell a team name or city just to annoy people. Sure I will abbreviate and use spellings that I had known from work (aka Philly vs Phillie) and such but I never mean to insult anyone here or any of the teams/cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16389052)
Did you guys see this?

Guy discovers hockey for the first time for the Hawks/Blues game last night. :lol

http://i.imgur.com/H7vYTuo.png

Best ones:

"White people been hiding hockey from us for years bruh. This shit lit."

"Empty net? The goalie just said Fuck it and left?"

:lol

That just gave me my first good laugh of the day! What you noted is damn funny, I also got good laughs out of the dude's comments about stopping 'this dude kane' and his other comment about someone having '3 teeth left' were also hysterical. Lastly, whomever replied to him with black players missed the best of the bunch by not noting Simmonds IMO.

bradshaw06 04-26-2016 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Game was lit yo

aeroshady 04-26-2016 04:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16389237)
Penguins have the same problem right now...

I agree.

I am really looking forward to watching the Pens play a team that is actually playing well.

I think the Rangers and Wings were probably the two worst teams, in terms of how they were currently playing, in the playoffs this year.


Side note: Been watching the breakup day interviews. I actually think this team could still make a run at it next year. It really seems like this may have lit a fire in them again and that this was just expected let down year after several long runs.

I wouldn't mind resigning Yandle and giving Girardi another chance for a year. It could just be that I really like Dan Girardi though...

unccrombie 04-26-2016 05:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16389291)
I agree.

I am really looking forward to watching the Pens play a team that is actually playing well.

I think the Rangers and Wings were probably the two worst teams, in terms of how they were currently playing, in the playoffs this year.


Side note: Been watching the breakup day interviews. I actually think this team could still make a run at it next year. It really seems like this may have lit a fire in them again and that this was just expected let down year after several long runs.

I wouldn't mind resigning Yandle and giving Girardi another chance for a year. It could just be that I really like Dan Girardi though...

:lol let it go

barbogast 04-26-2016 05:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16389276)
Game was lit yo

Lit af bruh

aeroshady 04-26-2016 05:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16389296)
:lol let it go

:thumbsup

I know, just :twak me when I start talking that way again :lol

Lcsulla 04-26-2016 05:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16389276)
Game was lit yo

Since I do not speak moron I have no idea what LIT means. Anyone care to translate?

Roose13 04-26-2016 05:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16389263)
Lastly, whomever replied to him with black players missed the best of the bunch by not noting Simmonds IMO.

Damn straight yo

barbogast 04-26-2016 05:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16389318)
Since I do not speak moron I have no idea what LIT means. Anyone care to translate?

It means fucking dope as fuck

Lcsulla 04-26-2016 05:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16389324)
Damn straight yo

Word bruh! :lol

Lcsulla 04-26-2016 05:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16389326)
It means fucking dope as fuck

Thanks, I am not up on the newest phrases these days. So basically if you translate it to proper English it means 'fun and exciting.'

barbogast 04-26-2016 05:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16389331)
Thanks, I am not up on the newest phrases these days. So basically if you translate it to proper English it means 'fun and exciting.'

:lol :lol :lol

You got it

Lcsulla 04-26-2016 05:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16389334)
:lol :lol :lol

You got it

Appreciated, those tweets were absolutely fucking LIT bro! :lol

~Crashintome89~ 04-26-2016 05:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16389188)
lol what?

I've read this like four times and have no idea what any of this means.

hailtopitt 04-26-2016 06:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16389402)
I've read this like four times and have no idea what any of this means.

it's kind of amazing

BeyondKnight 04-26-2016 06:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
It's official - Pens Caps Round 2

1 Thursday april 28 8:00 PM
2 saturday april 30 8:00 PM
3 monday may 2 8:00 PM
4 wednesday may 4 8:00 PM
5* saturday may 7 tbd
6* tuesday may 10 tbd
7* thursday may 12 tbd

hailtopitt 04-26-2016 06:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16389455)
It's official - Pens Caps Round 2

1 Thursday april 28 8:00 PM
2 saturday april 30 8:00 PM
3 monday may 2 8:00 PM
4 wednesday may 4 8:00 PM
5* saturday may 7 tbd
6* tuesday may 10 tbd
7* thursday may 12 tbd

fuuucckkkk i've got a bachelor party on saturday

i'm sure it'll be on TV wherever we go but i'm gonna be drunk/distracted

might have to step away for 2 1/2 hours then return to partying

barbogast 04-26-2016 06:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Of the first four games, I'll be working through game 2 only so that's good

Game 5 could collide with an event I'm attending. Come on, afternoon game

Brohan_Santana 04-26-2016 07:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Schenn got 3 games


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brohan_Santana 04-26-2016 07:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I got the fucking Pearl Jam concert on Thursday [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Climb2safety 04-26-2016 07:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Yeah Thursday's no good.

barbogast 04-26-2016 07:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Good for Schenn. He deserved that

SirBobalew 04-26-2016 08:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16389455)
It's official - Pens Caps Round 2

1 Thursday april 28 8:00 PM
2 saturday april 30 8:00 PM
3 monday may 2 8:00 PM
4 wednesday may 4 8:00 PM
5* saturday may 7 tbd
6* tuesday may 10 tbd
7* thursday may 12 tbd

I'm missing every home game. In Boston this weekend, C'Ville next, honeymoon in Costa Rica for a possible game 7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16389263)
That just gave me my first good laugh of the day! What you noted is damn funny, I also got good laughs out of the dude's comments about stopping 'this dude kane' and his other comment about someone having '3 teeth left' were also hysterical. Lastly, whomever replied to him with black players missed the best of the bunch by not noting Simmonds IMO.

Also missed Joel Ward, who unlike the guys he named, is still playing.

Lcsulla 04-26-2016 09:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16389594)
Also missed Joel Ward, who unlike the guys he named, is still playing.

All the guys he mentioned are still active, unless you meant still playing as in their team is not eliminated yet, in which case Reaves is appropriate considering the Blues are still playing.

Also, PK Subban should have warranted a note I think.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.