Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

rconverse 04-21-2016 08:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Radio it is!!

TrampledUnderw. 04-21-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16383857)
Radio it is!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/TKsAz8fWUyF

rconverse 04-21-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. (Post 16383891)

Right now this is working. You are a fucking hero!

TrampledUnderw. 04-21-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16383896)
Right now this is working. You are a fucking hero!

This is an exciting game for any hockey fan right now. Go Blues!

If you reddit check this out https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/ and find the game thread for what you want to watch. Usually the few most upvoted streams are pretty good

TrampledUnderw. 04-21-2016 09:40 PM

Hope the Blues can keep this OT pressure up

lockman21 04-21-2016 09:50 PM

God I hate Steve Ott.

Brohan_Santana 04-21-2016 10:29 PM

Crazy game. Blues dominated the 3rd and OT, lapse and one individual effort and it's on to game 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UCFish 04-21-2016 10:31 PM

I enjoyed the end

Lcsulla 04-21-2016 10:34 PM

Wow, hell of a game in for the Hawks with Kane getting the winner shortly into the second OT. Now back to Chicago where hopefully they can tie up the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rconverse 04-21-2016 10:35 PM

We got into STL early and I was able to watch the end live! So awesome!!

A BIG thank you to the people helping me with links to watch while I was on the train! Thank you!!!

rconverse 04-21-2016 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. (Post 16383912)
This is an exciting game for any hockey fan right now. Go Blues!

If you reddit check this out https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/ and find the game thread for what you want to watch. Usually the few most upvoted streams are pretty good

Thanks, man. I feel kinda bad as I was cheering for the 'Hawks but I sincerely appreciate the link. I looked at the Reddit link, that another poster posted, but couldn't figure out what to do. Anyway, again, thanks for the link.

BotheLaneFan 04-21-2016 10:39 PM

This has made this day slightly less awful and horrific.

rconverse 04-21-2016 10:53 PM

This bar is almost a Blackhawks bar at this point. Lots of fans coming in after the game.

salrx95 04-22-2016 03:20 AM

Spent 14 hours in the car driving the family back home from Illinois so I missed all the games. Spent most of the drive listening to Prince songs/tributes on Sirius but sadly missed all the games.

I would have really enjoyed that Rag$ game. Must have been quite the embarrassing home performance.

Tonight will be first Islanders game of series I will watch at home so I finally don't have to be quiet and reserved since I won't be in a hotel room or friends house.

MOWJO8185 04-22-2016 03:42 AM

So far in Blues Hawks series, the team that has won each game has been outshot in that game.

Roose13 04-22-2016 04:27 AM

Good lord how many times has Kane done that?

barbogast 04-22-2016 05:07 AM

I'm ready for some fucking handshakes tonight

Fuck this series

TMoore4075 04-22-2016 05:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHWqlsE0KIU

Thanks for everything, Pasha. Not much else I can say.

aeroshady 04-22-2016 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16384116)
Spent 14 hours in the car driving the family back home from Illinois so I missed all the games. Spent most of the drive listening to Prince songs/tributes on Sirius but sadly missed all the games.

I would have really enjoyed that Rag$ game. Must have been quite the embarrassing home performance.

Tonight will be first Islanders game of series I will watch at home so I finally don't have to be quiet and reserved since I won't be in a hotel room or friends house.

Dude, did your Rangers fan uncle touch you as a kid or something? The constant comments like that are a little sad. I am a huge Rangers fan and I couldn't even imagine hating on the Icelanders like that lol.

The NY Rangers have absolutely ZERO impact on Brooklyn's playoffs. We can't even meet until the third round! Why not focus on your own series? You are like the Devils fans that chant Rangers suck at games when they are playing random teams.

barbogast 04-22-2016 05:17 AM

Personally I also enjoyed a good Rangers throttling

aeroshady 04-22-2016 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16384155)
Personally I also enjoyed a good Rangers throttling

Couple of things on that. First, you don't always comment on it. Second, you have good reason to still be angry with the Rangers haha. Third, you at least acknowledge my other posts in this thread and are able to have hockey conversations with me.

I have made several comments over the past week or so that were either in response to Sal or about Brooklyn that were totally positive or non confrontational about that series. None of them were anti Brookyn or cheering when they lost those two games. They were just comments on the games and even some positive notes about the Icelanders winning.

Sal has literally ignored every one of those posts. I am guessing because his hate for the Rangers and their fans is on an unhealthy level. It would seem that he just assumes that the Rangers fans must hate his team as much as he hates ours and can't understand how I could post non biased posts about their series.

salrx95 04-22-2016 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16384154)
Dude, did your Rangers fan uncle touch you as a kid or something? The constant comments like that are a little sad. I am a huge Rangers fan and I couldn't even imagine hating on the Icelanders like that lol.

The NY Rangers have absolutely ZERO impact on Brooklyn's playoffs. We can't even meet until the third round! Why not focus on your own series? You are like the Devils fans that chant Rangers suck at games when they are playing random teams.

A large number of Rangere fans have been obsessed and still hate Potvin for like 40 years now but I can't celebrate their almost demise with their pitiful loss last night. I didn't even know the score til I woke up this morning so I clearly wasn't that interested while driving last night.

I grew up in the deepest darkest hated intense days of the rivalry so my hatred runs deep. I don't like your team and never will. I wish nothing but losses on them and enjoy the fact your superstar goalie has a below .500 poatsee record.

Strangely, since its a different era now, my hatred extends mostly to the logo and not specific players as I really don't find myself having such hatred for individual players like I did in the late 80s ,90s, early 2000s. You have guys that annoy me but I'd have to think hard if I have hated anyone since maybe Avery.

unccrombie 04-22-2016 05:35 AM

i hate the caps and pens more than the islanders, by light years

aeroshady 04-22-2016 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16384162)
A large number of Rangere fans have been obsessed and still hate Potvin for like 40 years now but I can't celebrate their almost demise with their pitiful loss last night. I didn't even know the score til I woke up this morning so I clearly wasn't that interested while driving last night.

I grew up in the deepest darkest hated intense days of the rivalry so my hatred runs deep. I don't like your team and never will. I wish nothing but losses on them and enjoy the fact your superstar goalie has a below .500 poatsee record.

Strangely, since its a different era now, my hatred extends mostly to the logo and not specific players as I really don't find myself having such hatred for individual players like I did in the late 80s ,90s, early 2000s. You have guys that annoy me but I'd have to think hard if I have hated anyone since maybe Avery.

The Potvin chants are stupid and a lot of fans at the games are trying to change the chant. Most of the fans at games don't even know who he is.

I get that you grew up in the heated rivalry time...which honestly...when was that? Have either of our teams ever been that good at the same time? The Rangers and Devils have met in the East Finals twice. Have the Rangers and Islanders ever met with that much on the line?

Also, it is not just that you were happy with the Rangers loss last night. It is the constant commenting about every time the Rangers struggle and the fact that you seem to never respond to any of my posts that are not directly calling you out. I mean, my post count would be in the 100k range if I posted every time the Islanders struggled.

I grew up loving hockey more then any one team, so I was honestly trying to have a conversation on your series the past week.

salrx95 04-22-2016 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16384159)
Couple of things on that. First, you don't always comment on it. Second, you have good reason to still be angry with the Rangers haha. Third, you at least acknowledge my other posts in this thread and are able to have hockey conversations with me.

I have made several comments over the past week or so that were either in response to Sal or about Brooklyn that were totally positive or non confrontational about that series. None of them were anti Brookyn or cheering when they lost those two games. They were just comments on the games and even some positive notes about the Icelanders winning.

Sal has literally ignored every one of those posts. I am guessing because his hate for the Rangers and their fans is on an unhealthy level. It would seem that he just assumes that the Rangers fans must hate his team as much as he hates ours and can't understand how I could post non biased posts about their series.

I've been on spring break and out of town for 8 days and this thread has been very busy so I've popped in when I could but have not read every page. The thread has been too busy, which is great to see. I have not seen much islanders talk on that series at all.

I'll concede you have a fair point that I could tone it down, especially if you have made a positive post of an Islanders win. I have not seen them. Therefore, going forward, I won't post about the Rag$ like I have.

That said,you would be an exception because pretty much every rag$ fan I've ever come across wishes ill will towards the islanders. There aren't many who say anything positive about the islanders.

aeroshady 04-22-2016 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16384172)
I've been on spring break and out of town for 8 days and this thread has been very busy so I've popped in when I could but have not read every page. The thread has been too busy, which is great to see. I have not seen much islanders talk on that series at all.

I'll concede you have a fair point that I could tone it down, especially if you have made a positive post of an Islanders win. I have not seen them. Therefore, going forward, I won't post about the Rag$ like I have.

That said,you would be an exception because pretty much every rag$ fan I've ever come across wishes ill will towards the islanders. There aren't many who say anything positive about the islanders.

I grew up in Devils country so I get that the constant hate on your team will turn you sour on them. I hate going to Devils games now because of it. When I was a kid I used to love going to any hockey game, even the Devils.

I guess the difference is that one of my best friends in a huge Islanders fan and I remember getting him an Islanders jersey when he got sick (diabetes) in our SR of high school. So other than light jabs here and there, we have never been heated with each other. Also, neither of our teams have ever met in the playoffs or been relevant at the same time since I started watching hockey. So it is hard for me to hate the Islanders that much.

Edit: the interesting thing is that my first team was actually the Florida Panthers (as noted several times in this thread). Even still I think it will be cool for either of those teams to make the second round since it has been so long!

barbogast 04-22-2016 06:08 AM

Guys this is a simple thing to settle

Fuck both your teams

:D

salrx95 04-22-2016 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16384170)
The Potvin chants are stupid and a lot of fans at the games are trying to change the chant. Most of the fans at games don't even know who he is.

I get that you grew up in the heated rivalry time...which honestly...when was that? Have either of our teams ever been that good at the same time? The Rangers and Devils have met in the East Finals twice. Have the Rangers and Islanders ever met with that much on the line?

Also, it is not just that you were happy with the Rangers loss last night. It is the constant commenting about every time the Rangers struggle and the fact that you seem to never respond to any of my posts that are not directly calling you out. I mean, my post count would be in the 100k range if I posted every time the Islanders struggled.

I grew up loving hockey more then any one team, so I was honestly trying to have a conversation on your series the past week.

I mentioned these before in here over the years but my first NHL game was the famous game 5 deciding game between islanders rangers in 1st round of 1984 playoffs when I was 11 years old. The Morrow OT goal gave birth to a big time hockey fan.

Then for 3 seasons when I was in 8th-10th grades, my brother and I had half season tickets. I worked all summer to pay for them. As you can imagine, during islander ranger games at the coliseum , many rags were there and I distinctly remember being picked on and not treated nicely by adult men who were Ranger fans. . All I was doing was cheering on the islanders. I never talked trash when I was 13 in that hostile type of situation those games were. There were more fights in stands than on the ice.

Then you had the hit on LaFontaine in our playoff meeting in 1990. Rag$ fans were cheering like crazy as he was motionless on the ice and then it is well documented that fans rocked the ambulance back and forth before it was able to leave for the hospital.

Those were some of the things early on that cemented my feelings towards your logo.

Those were nasty years back then. You had so many guys who were easy to hate like Fleury, ulf, domi, kocur, nilan, messier, tikanen. The list goes on and on. It was not easy rooting for team USA guys like Leetch and Richter for say, the 96 world cup but they weren't hard to root for because I didn't hate them like I did many others. I viewed them like I view the current guys.

Btw, seeing USA-Russia at MSG for the 1996 World Cup still ranks high in my greatest live sports moments. Amazing game/experience.

I'm a passionate sports fan and that passion is greatest for hockey.

aeroshady 04-22-2016 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16384198)

Fuck both your teams

Always the voice of reason haha.

salrx95 04-22-2016 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16384198)

Fuck both your teams

Says the guy whose team is about to blow a 3-1 lead. (Or likely not).

Even with last year's loss, I still vividly recall our series wins in 87 and the 2 games I saw live in the 93 playoffs, both of which were OT wins off the top of my head right away.

You are still low man on the totem pole around here when it comes to our teams history unless CBJ starts coming around again. Maybe that changes this year but I hope not (though I'd be happy for you, only)