Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

unccrombie 03-07-2016 12:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16327525)
Yeah I'm pretty sure one is basically right on top of the other. Horn guy is upstairs and Goat is downstairs, definitely on the same side of the building. Kind of amazing how the one dude can get his voice to project like that. On a 41 night a year basis, at that.

if I could afford 41 home games a year in a major market, I'd get the pipes.

barbogast 03-07-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16327540)
if I could afford 41 home games a year in a major market, I'd get the pipes.

Yeah he sits downstairs too. That's some serious cheese

salrx95 03-07-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16327457)
Icelanders are playing pretty well for sure right now.

Wondering if you would want a first round against the Rangers?

For me, I would love the match up. Even with the Icelanders winning the 3 games against us this year, I would still pick the Rangers to win that series provided Hank's issues are not long term. Can't replace the playoff experience the Rangers have gotten from 3 long runs in 4 years.

I would definitely take a first round matchup vs the Rag$. Better than the Crapitals. I'd be confident especially if we got home ice. I'd say rag$ would be favored and rightfully so due to Lundy but we can win that series and it would be great to see.

Also, too bad Quebec is out and vegas still in.

JRS1386 03-07-2016 07:09 PM

Ghostbear with a huge night

unccrombie 03-07-2016 07:10 PM

1 minute in
wooooooooooof

barbogast 03-08-2016 05:14 AM

Actually thought that was a pretty good win for the Caps last night. First period was kind of a train wreck again, but they are consistently getting better as they get deeper into games. That's a really good team they played last night and the Caps fully dominated the third and overtime. Holtby had his best game in a while. He was excellent. Wasn't perfect but it felt like a deserved win this time so that's nice to see.

barbogast 03-08-2016 05:19 AM

Also, Flyers sure are hot at the right time. Look out.

TMoore4075 03-08-2016 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16328101)

I'd rather not. Come on Wings, two winnable games the next 3 days and the Rangers are winnable at home. Just score some fucking goals.

kev87lads 03-08-2016 06:24 AM

Quote:

Meh. Still way too inconsistent to be considered a serious player for the last two spots. Even being two points out atm.

Great win last night, don't get me wrong. It was fun to be in the building last night. But this same team lost 4-0 to Edmonton last week.

barbogast 03-08-2016 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16328232)
Meh. Still way too inconsistent to be considered a serious player for the last two spots. Even being two points out atm.

Great win last night, don't get me wrong. It was fun to be in the building last night. But this same team lost 4-0 to Edmonton last week.

I dunno, 15 out of the last 20 possible points, that's a nice push, it could happen

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it will either. Detroit is Detroit and therefore will make the playoffs. Pittsburgh' probably too good to miss completely. It'll be close but I tend to agree that it's a long shot even at 2 points out.

Lcsulla 03-08-2016 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16327167)
Also, Drouin reporting the Syracuse. Smartest thing he's done all year.

Yeah, he is growing up a bi perhaps. That said I fear the league is going to look at him as 'damaged goods' due to his attitude. Thinking TB is going to hold on to him until he hits free agency because they likely won't get the return value they once hoped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16327914)
Ghostbear with a huge night

Yeah, he is on a tear and has worked himself into the Calder conversation though with so few games left I think it will end up being Eichel or Panarin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16328096)
Actually thought that was a pretty good win for the Caps last night. First period was kind of a train wreck again, but they are consistently getting better as they get deeper into games. That's a really good team they played last night and the Caps fully dominated the third and overtime. Holtby had his best game in a while. He was excellent. Wasn't perfect but it felt like a deserved win this time so that's nice to see.

Yeah, he is a great goalie and the caps have 102 points so I think they have locked up the Presidents cup unless they tank in all their remaining games and one of the teams in the high 80's wins out the last of their games, highly doubtful though. Now they have to prove it in the playoffs.

Quote:

Yeah they certainly are but no one in the NHL is as hot as Anaheim right now.

barbogast 03-08-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16328265)
Yeah they certainly are but no one in the NHL is as hot as Anaheim right now.

Obviously, over the last two months or so the Ducks have been almost perfect. I was speaking more to how the Flyers, a team outside looking in, is putting together a nice push at the right time. They've certainly put themselves right back in the conversation.

Lcsulla 03-08-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16328451)
Obviously, over the last two months or so the Ducks have been almost perfect. I was speaking more to how the Flyers, a team outside looking in, is putting together a nice push at the right time. They've certainly put themselves right back in the conversation.

Not sure the Flyer's have the depth to make any deep run, in say 2 years yeah, I could see them making a deep run in the playoffs but for now depending on who they play (assuming they make the playoffs) I would say they don't get out of the second round.

Also, damn another milestone for Jagr. He is just plain amazing to watch regardless of what team he is on!

JRS1386 03-08-2016 08:42 AM

Flyers are a fun team to watch right now.

Lcsulla 03-08-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16328507)
Flyers are a fun team to watch right now.

Agreed, though as a former Whalers fan I cannot stand that team and their butt ugly uniforms! :lol

aeroshady 03-08-2016 01:04 PM

Barry Melrose picked the Caps to beat the Rangers in a seven game series on ESPN's NHL page.

.....I'm confused, did the playoffs start and I some how missed the first round already??

Edit: Also, I feel for the Caps fans. Playoffs are not even on their way yet and you already got Melrosed.

pathetic 03-08-2016 06:07 PM

Fantastic game so far in Tampa. Despite end to end action, Goalies are lights out so far.

lockman21 03-08-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16328869)
Barry Melrose picked the Caps to beat the Rangers in a seven game series on ESPN's NHL page.

.....I'm confused, did the playoffs start and I some how missed the first round already??

Edit: Also, I feel for the Caps fans. Playoffs are not even on their way yet and you already got Melrosed.

I mean, the first issue here is going to ESPN for hockey coverage. They basically just picked the two most sellable teams in the East and asked their mullet to predict who'd win in that series for their awful 40 second video.

lockman21 03-08-2016 06:50 PM

God damnit, Montreal. Can you do ONE thing right this season? Just beat the fucking Stars.

Lcsulla 03-08-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16329332)
God damnit, Montreal. Can you do ONE thing right this season? Just beat the fucking Stars.

They are tied at 3 up with 8 minutes remaining. Be nice to see Montreal snag 2 points. It is the NHL.com free game of the day if you want to watch the end.

salrx95 03-08-2016 07:23 PM

Nice win in a tight, hard fought game. Hope Halak didn't reinjure his groin too bad. He played a great game, too.

Lcsulla 03-08-2016 07:25 PM

Nice, thanks Habs for putting Dallas down in OT!!!!!

lockman21 03-08-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16329354)
They are tied at 3 up with 8 minutes remaining. Be nice to see Montreal snag 2 points. It is the NHL.com free game of the day if you want to watch the end.

That's what I was doing :thumbsup:thumbsup

OT win. I'll take it.

lockman21 03-08-2016 07:30 PM

Wow does Detroit look bad lately. Problems everywhere on the ice. That streak is seriously in trouble.

Lcsulla 03-08-2016 07:31 PM

I know Dallas still gets a point despite losing to put them a point ahead of the Hawks but I will take that any day. Gotta take care of business in St. Louis tomorrow night and get back in first.

salrx95 03-08-2016 07:31 PM

Anyone who watched the Islanders game can see why Snow is in no rush to trade Hamonic. He thrives in these games and was tremendous tonight.

JRS1386 03-08-2016 07:47 PM

Thank you Islanders and Blue Jackets!

lockman21 03-08-2016 09:25 PM

So glad next week's Flyers/Wings game is on NBCSN.

kev87lads 03-08-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16328837)
Agreed, though as a former Whalers fan I cannot stand that team and their butt ugly uniforms! :lol

Pretty strong statement coming from a Whalers fan. Loved that logo but those green unis are vomit-tastic

unccrombie 03-09-2016 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16329563)
So glad next week's Flyers/Wings game is on NBCSN.

My NHL TV has been awful with chromecast casting. I have 75 Mbps down and I still buffer 1/5 of the game.