Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 12:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777737)
good for them, let's give them a medal or something.

never said that either

good hockey talk

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 12:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15777733)
:popcorn:popcorn

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...lWT1qfkt17.gif

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 12:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777741)
JFC its called hyperbole, obviously vorachek can skate, but he got got on that play...Scuderi took him to school, he should've dealt with it like a man

He did dealt with it like a man, he dropped the gloves. :rolleyes

TMoore4075 01-21-2015 12:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15777733)
:popcorn:popcorn

I'm gone for a few hours and come back to a shit ton of posts.

Wings won last night. lol

CrushB610 01-21-2015 12:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777736)
if you get a 10 minute misconduct, then that mean what you did was not fair :confused

a 10 minute penalty doesnt make it ok either...

They were trying to police the game and not let it get outta hand. I mean all was fair in the unwritten rules of the game (standing up for yourself) like Jake did.

I had no problem with it and wouldn't either if Malkin/Crosby did the same.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 12:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15777753)
He did dealt with it like a man, he dropped the gloves. :rolleyes

in my world, thats not how a clean hit is handled

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 12:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 15777758)
They were trying to police the game and not let it get outta hand. I mean all was fair in the unwritten rules of the game (standing up for yourself) like Jake did.

I had no problem with it and wouldn't either if Malkin/Crosby did the same.

guess thats where we differ

fonzz41 01-21-2015 12:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I loved the Scuderi hit. Perfectly executed.

Also loved Voracek's fire. We need more superstars to exhibit that.

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 12:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c53DZ9iHrJE

Crosby should have dealt with it like a man.

barbogast 01-21-2015 12:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Pens are a bunch of whiners and Flyers love to goon it up

None of this is news

Go Caps

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 01:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Pens didnt really 'lose their shit' last night like they have in the past. They didnt respond to the flyers goonery, because that is what it was, like they have in the past. They just kept playing hockey.

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 01:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15777761)
in my world, thats not how a clean hit is handled

Guy got checked, cleanly, then loses his shit. Took himself out of the game for 17 minutes. Very smart. But hey, he sure showed passion and riled up the mouthbreathers in the crowd!

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 01:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
i don't know, maybe i'm in the minority, but games like last night are why i think hockey will always be a 2nd tier sport

there was no sportsmanship whatsoever and whenever one team can turn a game into a circus you have a sport that will never gain new viewers

it was an embarrassment to the game. and when my friends who aren't huge hockey fans ask me "why is that Rinaldo guy in the NHL?"--and i don't have a reasonable answer, i can't blame them for not liking the sport

bradshaw06 01-21-2015 01:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15778084)
i don't know, maybe i'm in the minority, but games like last night are why i think hockey will always be a 2nd tier sport

there was no sportsmanship whatsoever and whenever one team can turn a game into a circus you have a sport that will never gain new viewers

it was an embarrassment to the game. and when my friends who aren't huge hockey fans ask me "why is that Rinaldo guy in the NHL?"--and i don't have a reasonable answer, i can't blame them for not liking the sport

pretty much a garage league. Other leagues would see what happens to its stars (the Crosbys, Toews and Giroux's of the world) and try to protect them. Not the Nhl, they turn the other check.

Alazais 01-21-2015 01:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I just watched the hit and ensuing fight. I don't see why anyone is complaining. That's the game. Someone got hit. That someone didn't like the hit and went after a guy. He didn't jump on him from behind. He grabbed him from behind and turned him around, all the while not throwing a punch until the gloves were dropped.

Both plays (hit and fight) were fine. I don't know why anyone is upset at those series of plays. Quit your crying.

barbogast 01-21-2015 01:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15778084)
i don't know, maybe i'm in the minority, but games like last night are why i think hockey will always be a 2nd tier sport

there was no sportsmanship whatsoever and whenever one team can turn a game into a circus you have a sport that will never gain new viewers

it was an embarrassment to the game. and when my friends who aren't huge hockey fans ask me "why is that Rinaldo guy in the NHL?"--and i don't have a reasonable answer, i can't blame them for not liking the sport

Lots of sense in this post. Reminds me of the line brawl the Caps and Flyers got into last year (the game where Ray Emery jumped Holtby). It's bush league stuff and it holds the league back.

unccrombie 01-21-2015 01:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15778084)
i don't know, maybe i'm in the minority, but games like last night are why i think hockey will always be a 2nd tier sport

there was no sportsmanship whatsoever and whenever one team can turn a game into a circus you have a sport that will never gain new viewers

it was an embarrassment to the game. and when my friends who aren't huge hockey fans ask me "why is that Rinaldo guy in the NHL?"--and i don't have a reasonable answer, i can't blame them for not liking the sport

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15778118)
Lots of sense in this post. Reminds me of the line brawl the Caps and Flyers got into last year (the game where Ray Emery jumped Holtby). It's bush league stuff and it holds the league back.


agreed to both of you. also, not having a major TV deal with ESPN/FOX hurts

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 01:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15778114)
I just watched the hit and ensuing fight. I don't see why anyone is complaining. That's the game. Someone got hit. That someone didn't like the hit and went after a guy. He didn't jump on him from behind. He grabbed him from behind and turned him around, all the while not throwing a punch until the gloves were dropped.

Both plays (hit and fight) were fine. I don't know why anyone is upset at those series of plays. Quit your crying.

the bolded is the problem

its the good 'ol canadian boys club still running, pardon me, ruining the league

oh he turned him around first and THEN started throwing haymakers so its ok by hockey fans' standards? do people not realize how fucking insane that sounds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15778118)
Lots of sense in this post. Reminds me of the line brawl the Caps and Flyers got into last year (the game where Ray Emery jumped Holtby). It's bush league stuff and it holds the league back.

completely agree...and this has nothing to do with the Flyers, it happens in Bruin-Habs games all the time and all across the league really. its tiresome

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 01:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15778125)
agreed to both of you. also, not having a major TV deal with ESPN/FOX hurts

if you put a good, evolving product on the ice, people will watch no matter what channel it's on

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 01:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15778114)
I just watched the hit and ensuing fight. I don't see why anyone is complaining. That's the game. Someone got hit. That someone didn't like the hit and went after a guy. He didn't jump on him from behind. He grabbed him from behind and turned him around, all the while not throwing a punch until the gloves were dropped.

Both plays (hit and fight) were fine. I don't know why anyone is upset at those series of plays. Quit your crying.

Thank you.

A bunch of babies in here.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 01:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15778133)
Thank you.

A bunch of babies in here.

if you say so man

kev87lads 01-21-2015 01:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
This has been the perfect lunchtime backread while at my conference. Appreciate it all.

Caps still blew it last night. I did take a pic of the presidents trophy banner for all of you. Will attempt to post later.

barbogast 01-21-2015 02:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15778158)
This has been the perfect lunchtime backread while at my conference. Appreciate it all.

Caps still blew it last night. I did take a pic of the presidents trophy banner for all of you. Will attempt to post later.

:lol:lol excellent

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 02:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15778158)
This has been the perfect lunchtime backread while at my conference. Appreciate it all.

don't thank me, thank the pens fans who think hockey shouldn't be a contact sport.

aeroshady 01-21-2015 02:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Okay, all Pens and Flyers fans to the Ants penalty box for a while....

thechad90000 01-21-2015 03:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
:lol in here today.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 03:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15778296)
don't thank me, thank the pens fans who think hockey shouldn't be a contact sport.

yep, totally what i said

~Crashintome89~ 01-21-2015 03:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15778429)
yep, totally what i said

sounds like it, man. God forbid someone stands up for themselves after getting levelled (cleanly, dirty, whatever). Flyers needed a boost, Voracek took it upon himself to provide for that boost.

hailtopitt 01-21-2015 03:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15778478)
sounds like it, man. God forbid someone stands up for themselves after getting levelled (cleanly, dirty, whatever). Flyers needed a boost, Voracek took it upon himself to provide for that boost.

it doesn't sound like it at all

you have selective reading

fonzz41 01-21-2015 03:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'm a big supporter of guys not having to fight when they throw a clean hit.

As someone who's been in a few scraps and know how bad they suck, it just seems wrong that a guy has to go through that after playing within the rules of the game. Like, he's being punished for doing something RIGHT. We've had plenty of arguments in here about that in the past though. "It's part of the game" and all that.

I appreciate Voracek's fire though, and Scuderi's certainly not one to back down. I wouldn't be surprised if he was like, "Wait, he wants to fight after that?--" <thought ends as Voracek wraps him up>

I love when our little thread gets like this. So fun.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.