Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bradshaw06 12-15-2014 09:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
even with all the illnesses and injuries the pens are still bringing it. awesome to see guys coming up from the ahl and contributing.

bradshaw06 12-15-2014 10:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
One thing i can say about this pens team: Fleury has been the clear mvp of this team.

~Crashintome89~ 12-15-2014 10:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
tuned in at the end of the game to see a recap of Fleury's saves in the first period. Good God. I immediately knew it was the regular season and not playoffs. :lol

barbogast 12-16-2014 01:43 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15720603)
tuned in at the end of the game to see a recap of Fleury's saves in the first period. Good God. I immediately knew it was the regular season and not playoffs. :lol

:lol :lol

barbogast 12-16-2014 01:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15720255)

Had not seen that quote from Lombardi at the bottom of that article until now. Boy does he sound like an ass.

salrx95 12-16-2014 07:53 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Tavares should get suspended for his spear of Zdlicky last night. I was shocked they called it a minor for slashing. He deserves it, too. Zdlicky tripped him, which wasn't called, he got up pissed and jabbed him in the groin area. No place for that. He has to be frustrated with his play but that is no excuse for the spear. I wonder if his knee isn't right. He hasn't played well for awhile now. It's a testament to the growth of the team, talent and depth that we have won all these games.

TMoore4075 12-16-2014 09:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15720493)
even with all the illnesses and injuries the pens are still bringing it. awesome to see guys coming up from the ahl and contributing.

Last year all over again, but this time mumps. lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15720815)
Had not seen that quote from Lombardi at the bottom of that article until now. Boy does he sound like an ass.

yes, yes he does. To paraphrase "He could have killed a person. Hope almost killing one person wouldn't end someones hockey career." Douche.

hailtopitt 12-16-2014 10:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Fleury the early front runner for the Vezina

Brandon Sutter a Selke contender too if you ask me

aeroshady 12-16-2014 10:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Remember when Devils fans used to post here....

Fair weather fans. Always will be.


Anyway, NYR try to keep it going against the hurting Flames tonight! I will be done with my last final at 4 pm so I will be watching!!!

bradshaw06 12-16-2014 12:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15720902)
Last year all over again, but this time mumps. lol


yes, yes he does. To paraphrase "He could have killed a person. Hope almost killing one person wouldn't end someones hockey career." Douche.

mumps, cancer and blood clots. Last year is was blood clots, strokes and regular injuries. Just awful :(

bradshaw06 12-16-2014 12:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15720958)
Fleury the early front runner for the Vezina

Brandon Sutter a Selke contender too if you ask me

hopefully it comes together when it matters most for him. He just does seem different this season though, the mistakes he made in previous regular seasons arent really there. Stats wise:

Marc-Andre Fleury's rankings among NHL starters: Shutouts 1st (5), GAA 3rd (2.10), Save percentage 4th (.927), Wins 2nd (17).

I know wins are a team stat, but MAF has kept this team in games and won a bunch of them on his own, especially since the injuries have started.

hailtopitt 12-16-2014 01:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15721172)
hopefully it comes together when it matters most for him. He just does seem different this season though, the mistakes he made in previous regular seasons arent really there. Stats wise:

Marc-Andre Fleury's rankings among NHL starters: Shutouts 1st (5), GAA 3rd (2.10), Save percentage 4th (.927), Wins 2nd (17).

I know wins are a team stat, but MAF has kept this team in games and won a bunch of them on his own, especially since the injuries have started.

yea MAF is playing his best hockey of his career this year

TMoore4075 12-16-2014 05:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
This just came up in my Twitter feed. Can they fire him retroactively?

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/st...63446023159808

TMoore4075 12-16-2014 05:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15705398)
... How does TBL keep winning?

Well ya figured a bump in the road was bound to happen.

dmbetc 12-16-2014 09:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Kings Stadium jersey is awful

http://teamlastore.com/collections/k...-series-jersey

lockman21 12-16-2014 09:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15721889)

what the fuck

dmbetc 12-16-2014 09:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Good god. So bad. https://twitter.com/jackawilson/stat...22222314639360

Looks like a soccer player.

lockman21 12-16-2014 09:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
That's basically the worst thing I've ever seen.

TMoore4075 12-16-2014 11:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Wings should just give the Jackets the SO win.

Rebecca De Mornay 12-16-2014 11:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15722005)
Wings should just give the Jackets the SO win.

:lol they kind of did.

I still don't know how Wiz missed the open net in OT anyways so it evened out.

TMoore4075 12-16-2014 11:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
A shutout and a loss for Jimmy Howard. Thats so much better than a tie.

dmbetc 12-16-2014 11:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Kings just CAN NOT win on the road. Had an early 2-0 lead. 2-1 going into the 3rd and they gave up 3 goals in 2 1/2 minutes. Tarasenko with the EN for a hat trick to make it 5-2. Embarrassing.

Rematch Thursday at Staples.

barbogast 12-16-2014 11:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
20 round shootout between the Caps and Panthers just now. Not sure if that's the longest ever but both teams used two players twice.

dmbetc 12-16-2014 11:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15722062)
20 round shootout between the Caps and Panthers just now. Not sure if that's the longest ever but both teams used two players twice.

Saw a tweet that it was a record.

dmbetc 12-16-2014 11:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Not sure if it's a record for rounds or for goals scored in a shootout though or both!

barbogast 12-16-2014 11:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
That Kimgs uniform is cringe worthy. As if the jersey wasn't bad enough, then they put white pants under it. Yikes.

barbogast 12-16-2014 11:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15722068)
Not sure if it's a record for rounds or for goals scored in a shootout though or both!

They scored 11 goals between the teams, honestly they might both be records

dmbetc 12-17-2014 02:36 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
This is cute.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...om-penalty-box

thechad90000 12-17-2014 04:54 AM

Rinne is just unbelievable.

barbogast 12-17-2014 09:20 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
That shootout from last night was just incredible. Just rewatched it again, never have I had so much fun watching a shootout. Matty Niskanen came oh so close to ending it in round 15, just barely clipped the crossbar. Both goalies did outstanding, though Luongo made a more impressive set of saves overall. Awesome to see guys like Karl Alzner and Willie Mitchell take a turn in a shootout. If you've got 10-15 minutes I suggest watching it, it was truly amazing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.