Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 05-12-2014 01:07 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15320623)
.....um....because it's the cup?!! Haha I know.

:lol These things go that way every year. People hit the panic button and all the sudden their team is back in it.

This Rangers team is a GOOD hockey team. Maybe even great. If they can win Tuesday they might even get a couple days rest, and who knows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15320633)
Can't believe it took a completely useless player getting suspended for Regin to play. He has been very solid tonight.

Hopefully Regin played his way into a spot tonight. He was really strong to finish the season and still didn't make the playoff cut though, so who knows.

He did look good though.

bonzo48280 05-12-2014 01:12 AM

If Regin sits and Nordstrom does not I will lose it.

HallowBillies7 05-12-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perch1019 (Post 15320531)
Does Crosby get fined for his usual bullshit pussy-ness?
I would love to see someone flatten him when he's acting like a big boy once the official steps in to protect him.

I was trying to make reference to Thornton being fined. I thought it was funny what Lundy did.

TMoore4075 05-12-2014 09:15 AM

So is it ok that the Flyers lost to this team now? ;)

Tiduwho 05-12-2014 09:54 AM

To anyone that missed this, Putin tearing up the ice with 6 goals and 5 assists in an exhibition game:

http://time.com/95533/vladimir-putin-hockey/?hpt=hp_t3

Every time Putin gets near, the goalie starts flailing and falls over :lol :lol

pathetic 05-12-2014 09:57 AM

what a stud

Alazais 05-12-2014 10:40 AM

Phaneuf being shopped around.

1 rumor is that he is going to be moved for Spezza. eww.

the 2nd rumor is that he is moving to a team in the west. Phaneuf for RoR is a thought.

The more fun idea, is that Shea Weber is owed 15 million dollars this off season. Nashville does not have that 15 million dollars.

Shea Weber goes for Phaneuf, Kadri, Gardiner and a 1st.

Such a huge package to give up, but one I would totally do for one of the best D-men in the entire world.

TMoore4075 05-12-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15320870)
Phaneuf being shopped around.

1 rumor is that he is going to be moved for Spezza. eww.

the 2nd rumor is that he is moving to a team in the west. Phaneuf for RoR is a thought.

The more fun idea, is that Shea Weber is owed 15 million dollars this off season. Nashville does not have that 15 million dollars.

Shea Weber goes for Phaneuf, Kadri, Gardiner and a 1st.

Such a huge package to give up, but one I would totally do for one of the best D-men in the entire world.

While it's a lot of money for the Preds, can you really give him up? I'd hope the Wings would call, I'm sure Kenny would. He's exactly what they need. Well, he's exactly what everyone needs but ya know what I mean. Dion just isn't what he used to be. Maybe a chance would be good for him.

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2014 11:37 AM

Weber is not going to anywhere. I don't know why people still think Nashville will trade him.

hailtopitt 05-12-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15320983)
Weber is not going to anywhere. I don't know why people still think Nashville will trade him.

especially after matching that offer from the flyers, he's staying put

Bron Yr Aur 05-12-2014 12:40 PM

I feel like this series against the Wild is the worst the Hawks have played in the playoffs in quite a while. Even series that they lost to the Coyotes & Canucks a few years ago they controlled the play; right now it just feels like they are just scraping by and have definitely gotten at least a few Crawford wins.

aeroshady 05-12-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15321135)
I feel like this series against the Wild is the worst the Hawks have played in the playoffs in quite a while. Even series that they lost to the Coyotes & Canucks a few years ago they controlled the play; right now it just feels like they are just scraping by and have definitely gotten at least a few Crawford wins.

I think it is just a really close second round across the board.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 15320791)
To anyone that missed this, Putin tearing up the ice with 6 goals and 5 assists in an exhibition game:

http://time.com/95533/vladimir-putin-hockey/?hpt=hp_t3

Every time Putin gets near, the goalie starts flailing and falls over :lol :lol

Must be MAF.

DMBzilla 05-12-2014 02:27 PM

For as good as he is, Crosby is a total fucking bitch.

dmbmuskie 05-12-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 15321395)

:lol:lol.

:zilla:zilla

TMoore4075 05-12-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

I doubt he is, but I see the argument about the $15mil. For a small market, that's a tough pill to swallow. That's why Philly built it that way, to try and scare them off.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 15321395)

Something we agree on. CBC guys were making a good point. With him doing that kind of stuff, he's asking for guys to come at him, and with history of concussions..that's asking for trouble.

dmbmuskie 05-12-2014 02:43 PM

Stall has been treating his head like a punching bag all series. He reacts, and he's a bitch. Got it.

pathetic 05-12-2014 02:44 PM

can't wait for the rangers to win so muskie stops watching hockey again until next year's playoffs

dmbmuskie 05-12-2014 02:46 PM

Lifelong hockey fan. Just not worth a sport taking serious until the playoffs.

TMoore4075 05-12-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 15321425)
Stall has been treating his head like a punching bag all series. He reacts, and he's a bitch. Got it.

I watched him slew foot someone, go into a pile when a fight started and cross-checked guys in the back and then after that spear someone. And it's not like this is the first time he's done this shit.

DMBzilla 05-12-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15321439)
I watched him slew foot someone, go into a pile when a fight started and cross-checked guys in the back and then after that spear someone. And it's not like this is the first time he's done this shit.

Beat me to it.

If you're getting abused out there, stand up and retaliate in the open, one on one. Don't just pussyfoot around the pile taking cheap shots and then running to the ref or behind someone on your team.

And this is nothing new -- he's acted this way for years. Not sure why one of the most talented players in the league can't just man up and defend himself respectably.

bonzo48280 05-12-2014 04:01 PM

Nashville would be genius to find any team to take that Weber contract. They need to rebuild.

HallowBillies7 05-12-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 15321443)
Beat me to it.

If you're getting abused out there, stand up and retaliate in the open, one on one. Don't just pussyfoot around the pile taking cheap shots and then running to the ref or behind someone on your team.

And this is nothing new -- he's acted this way for years. Not sure why one of the most talented players in the league can't just man up and defend himself respectably.

Just last year against the Bruins he was trying to get tough with Chara once the refs jumped in. Then he goes after Tuukka at the end of a period.

When things don't go his way he's the biggest baby, which is a shame given all the talent he has. He acts like a guy who had everything handed to him his whole life.

rickyh24 05-12-2014 04:24 PM

The NHL Thread

That's pretty much it. Crosby has the mind of a spoiled teenager.

dmbmuskie 05-12-2014 04:32 PM

You guys are just jealous.

pathetic 05-12-2014 04:38 PM

yeah, that's it!

fonzz41 05-12-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15318777)
:lol I like how you just pop in to say this in the middle of the night and then fade away. Obviously knowing what you're talking about based on round 1 and your general hockey knowledge. But it did make me laugh since I know you probably don't have time right now for one of your usual detailed breakdowns.

:lol I hardly watched any games last week, just saw scores after the kids went to bed, so I was like, "SEE?! The Wild DO know what they're doing!"
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15320588)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my god the Wild are sooooooooooo booooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggg

They are certainly this decade's version of the '90s Devils .They simply know how to suffocate in all three zones, particularly the neutral. Guys like Coyle, Spurgeon, Haula, and Neidereitter don't get talked about much in the media, but are dangerous any time they are on the ice. And not just on the offensive side of things.

Nice to see the Hawks persistance pay off last night. :thumbsup
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15320926)
While it's a lot of money for the Preds, can you really give him up? I'd hope the Wings would call, I'm sure Kenny would. He's exactly what they need. Well, he's exactly what everyone needs but ya know what I mean. Dion just isn't what he used to be. Maybe a chance would be good for him.

Yeah, any team could benefit from a Shea Weber. The guy is simply good at anything. A rare beast of a hockey player who has to be one of the best overall players in the NHL. How a guy of his size can skate as well as he can, and still has both the offensive and defensive instincts to play positionally sound anywhere on the ice... just wow. Glad to see last season was kind of a fluke and he's back to form.
Quote:

Yeah, even if they are rebuilding, you have to think they hang on to him. He's a leader, pure and simple, and one who's still in his prime.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15321439)

I used to defend Crosby and call it passion, but even I'M getting a bit fed up with it. I will never doubt his passion and desire to win, but I see that same passion from my man-crush Toews (and others), minus the antics. I'm pretty accepting of guys acting out a bit on the ice... I know how emotions run out there, but some of Crosby's stuff is starting to come off as silly. Still like the guy though.

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 15321425)

slew footing a guy and nailing another guy in the balls is not reacting, its a cheap shot.

Staal has his own problems with head injuries, why doesn't Crosby just go toe to toe with him?

aeroshady 05-12-2014 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 66496

Above is for the Kings fans here! Broke it out for tonight haha

dmbmuskie 05-12-2014 05:39 PM

Why would Sid fight?