Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 06-12-2017 12:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812768)
I have said nothing at all resembling let players play with total anarchy

Get a grip bud

The fact that you guys are defending this obnoxiously bad blunder with such conviction is impressive

Why wouldn't we defend it? It was the right call

The timing magnifies the rule but it's still a rule

barbogast 06-12-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16812795)
Why wouldn't we defend it? It was the right call

The timing magnifies the rule but it's still a rule

Right. Which I've never denied.

I am in favor of a rule change. That's the whole point of my posts on this subject.

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 12:27 PM

there's just no way to take away the whistle's power. there can be no time when a whistle is not a whistle. from first putting on skates, cleats, or sneakers, the whistle is the signal of a play stopping. as much as last night's example sucked, it is the exception that proves the rule that bad facts make for bad caselaw. the power of the whistle can't be eroded because 1 quick whistle cost a team like it did last night.

hailtopitt 06-12-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812800)
Right. Which I've never denied.

I am in favor of a rule change. That's the whole point of my posts on this subject.

There's no way to change the rule though, there just isn't.

barbogast 06-12-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16812805)
there's just no way to take away the whistle's power. there can be no time when a whistle is not a whistle. from first putting on skates, cleats, or sneakers, the whistle is the signal of a play stopping. as much as last night's example sucked, it is the exception that proves the rule that bad facts make for bad caselaw. the power of the whistle can't be eroded because 1 quick whistle cost a team like it did last night.

But I really don't think that changing this one rule to eliminate this one situation (which happens WAY too frequently) is really eroding the power of the whistle though.

I get that bad calls are a part of sports, but I feel like this is too big of a situation to ignore. And yeah, the fact that it happened on the same night that team that benefitted from it won the Cup does put it in that type of spotlight.

I'm not saying players should stop playing until the whistle or ignore whistles or anything like that. But as Dramageek pointed out, and I haven't verified it plus I'm paraphrasing him, there's apparently some obscure rule that allows from a reversal in this type of situation already.

I just don't see how something like this is so drastically different from goalie interference. And again, I'm ONLY proposing that this rule is used when the result CLEARLY would've been a goal had the whistle not gone. I know that is subjective. But I also know that everyone reading this knows exactly what I mean. So I think there can be a middle ground that turns into a written rule. It's just not that far fetched, in my opinion.

barbogast 06-12-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16812813)
There's no way to change the rule though, there just isn't.

I expanded above, but I really think there is. It's not that unreasonable.

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812816)
But as Dramageek pointed out, and I haven't verified it plus I'm paraphrasing him, there's apparently some obscure rule that allows from a reversal in this type of situation already.

this was a re-telling of nashville's beat writer's hurried reading into the rulebook

it could have been reviewed if, rather than the puck trickling straight to sissons for him to put it away, it had just trickled straight into the net without an intervening actor

the word "play" in the context of that rule means no further introduction of force whatsoever; sissons' putting away the rebound is not a continuation of one play but an entirely new play on the puck that would not be helped by review

jrkarger 06-12-2017 12:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters but covering the puck doesn't

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812786)
I think in instances specifically like what happened last night (a team knocks in a loose puck as the whistle is being blown or immediately after, something that happens frequently) should be reversible. I don't think it's unreasonable to write a rule that that play can be reviewed and reversed if necessary. As for everything else, for now it should stand as it is. If the puck isn't covered but the whistle goes, so long as the puck isn't in the process of going into the net (like last night), the play is dead.

I understand it's subjective. But there are already subjective rules that allow and disallow goals. This type of play shouldn't be excluded from that after-the-fact subjectivity. It shouldn't be an oops, we fucked up hard, but the rule is the rule and that's that. It's not unreasonable to word a rule to keep this specific situation from going the wrong way.

The other situations are too complicated and therefore can't be written. But this one can.

I think it's a nice thing to talk about in theory but is incredibly difficult to implement and opens way too many can of worms IMO.

You said, "Immediately" but how long is that?

Does the puck have to be moving in the direction of the goal? What if it is but misses and goes into the trapezoid? I don't want to nitpick and discuss every possible hypothetical because those are almost infinite. Introducing an addition degree of subjectivity in a league where what is and is not goalie interference or any other penalty changes game by game is a bad thing, IMO.

As YKN said, I think the power of the whistle is almost sacred and not just in hockey but in any sport. I'm of the opinion that if it blows play has to stop. What happened last night was a huge dose of bad luck for the Preds, but the whistle blew. It all comes back to that. The whistle blew.

Now, if you want to talk about altering the rules to allow for more refs I'm all for talking about that. For example, does ref protocol tell him to skate to the corner? Add an additional ref to the other corner. If the first ref loses sight he could rely on the other. Neither one blows it dead play on.

barbogast 06-12-2017 12:43 PM

I mean of course it's subjective but it's no more subjective than goalie interference. I think it could and should be one of those things that professional NHL-caliber referees are given some latitude to meet, review and discuss, and if they logically and conclusively decide the play should be reversed, they should be be allowed to do it.

I mean what do they get paid to do after all? I don't think it's unreasonable to grant a referee that type of latitude.

Lcsulla 06-12-2017 12:44 PM

Barbs, in your proposed rule change who would initiate a review, a coach, Toronto or the refs on the ice?

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 12:45 PM

the act of a whistle having blown is not subjective; there can be no result other than the whistle losing its power if there are instances where a whistle blowing does not stop play

jrkarger 06-12-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812827)
I mean of course it's subjective but it's no more subjective than goalie interference. I think it could and should be one of those things that professional NHL-caliber referees are given some latitude to meet, review and discuss, and if they logically and conclusively decide the play should be reversed, they should be be allowed to do it.

I mean what do they get paid to do after all? I don't think it's unreasonable to grant a referee that type of latitude.

That's my point though. I think there is enough subjectivity right now and goalie interference is a prime example.

I simply don't agree with allowing play after a whistle. The whistle is universal and I think it should stay that way.

I think we can all agree that officiating over all this post season has been horrendous.

barbogast 06-12-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16812829)
Barbs, in your proposed rule change who would initiate a review, a coach, Toronto or the refs on the ice?

I honestly don't care. But I've always been a fan of doing whatever to make calls in sports fair, not just hockey. I think stuff like bench initiated reviewed vs Toronto reviews is nonsense. Just get the call right. We all saw it go wrong. Just fix it.

Like, in my ideal sports world, the refs would just gather and be like, woah, we fucked that one up, let's make it right.

But I also am not naive and know that it can't be this simple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16812830)
the act of a whistle having blown is not subjective; there can be no result other than the whistle losing its power if there are instances where a whistle blowing does not stop play

So let's take this one tiny bit of power away from the whistle. It's not like the game is going to devolve into madness. It's a pretty cut-and-dry situational thing.

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 12:51 PM

nah, let's don't do that. I'm very happy with the whistle remaining in its current position of power.

barbogast 06-12-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16812834)
That's my point though. I think there is enough subjectivity right now and goalie interference is a prime example.

I simply don't agree with allowing play after a whistle. The whistle is universal and I think it should stay that way.

I think we can all agree that officiating over all this post season has been horrendous.

Ehh, I just don't see it as some over the top move to make this one exception.

And apparently, since it was clarified above, there already is a situation where there's a written rule that states that a whistle can be overturned had the puck not been redirected in (i.e. it just trickles in naturally). So it's already there.

barbogast 06-12-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16812841)
nah, let's don't do that. I'm very happy with the whistle remaining in its current position of power.

And that's fine to disagree. I just don't see how reasonable hockey fans wouldn't want to see that situation righted. I'm not proposing some weird form of the game where the referees don't matter and whistles are powerless. Just saying that it's not an undoable thing to prevent situations like last night from happening.

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 12:57 PM

yes...but it is, though. introducing doubt as to when to stop playing (play until the whistle, and then a little after...and maybe a little more after) creates an untenable game from a rules perspective

barbogast 06-12-2017 01:00 PM

Players play to the whistle now. And yet the puck still went in last night.

Let's let the refs use their common sense and allow them to be the on ice judges we pay them to be instead of black and whiting something that results in unfairness.

jrkarger 06-12-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812845)
Ehh, I just don't see it as some over the top move to make this one exception.

And apparently, since it was clarified above, there already is a situation where there's a written rule that states that a whistle can be overturned had the puck not been redirected in (i.e. it just trickles in naturally). So it's already there.

Below is Drama's post. Trickling in naturally and Sissons hitting the rebound are not the same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16812478)
I'll certainly agree that the ref did a terrible job there. Though, as a slight counter to that, the quick whistle sometimes is used to protect the goaltender from getting plastered in the inevitable scrum. And Nashville was running Murray all series. Even so, the whistle was quick under those circumstances. And, to be fair, there is a rule under the Video Review section that allows plays whistled dead to be reviewed when it looks like the puck was going in via a "continuous action" that would have happened regardless of the whistle, whatever that exactly means. I'm not sure that applies here because Sissons hit it in well after the whistle was blown. Terrible job nonetheless.

Regardless, though I know some of you seem very sure, we can't know what would've happened if that goal counted. Yes, Rinne was playing well and the Preds were doing a good job limiting chances. But maybe the Pens would have, you know, gotten a power play (not that that had been overly effective.) Maybe Sully makes different adjustments being down a goal. There could very well have been a Game 7. However, if we are judging potential outcomes on context, then Nashville likely gets creamed in Game 7.

No matter what, it's in the books now, asterisk or no. Go to the NFL thread and ask Pats fans how much those asterisked championships bother them! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812848)
And that's fine to disagree. I just don't see how reasonable hockey fans wouldn't want to see that situation righted. I'm not proposing some weird form of the game where the referees don't matter and whistles are powerless. Just saying that it's not an undoable thing to prevent situations like last night from happening.

I think we have to agree to disagree.

I'm a reasonable fan (I'd like to think so at least) and think what you are advocating for is making the whistle powerless in that situation. You're also assuming that in these situations the goalies and the skaters would all keep competing with the same style and intensity after a whistle.

barbogast 06-12-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16812859)
Below is Drama's post. Trickling in naturally and Sissons hitting the rebound are not the same thing.

I think we have to agree to disagree.

I'm a reasonable fan (I'd like to think so at least) and think what you are advocating for is making the whistle powerless in that situation. You're also assuming that in these situations the goalies and the skaters would all keep competing with the same style and intensity after a whistle.

The bolded was covered and I actually used the proper writing of the rule in a previous post to say that the framework for this rule change is already there. In that situation, the whistle does in fact become powerless.

As far the last paragraph, I've said the whole time that yes, in this one particular instance, I think the referees should be given latitude to review and decide instead of black and whiting the blowing of the whistle. So yeah, in that one instance, the whistle is essentially powerless.

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812864)
The bolded was covered and I actually used the proper writing of the rule in a previous post to say that the framework for this rule change is already there. In that situation, the whistle does in fact become powerless.

powerless over what? I'm pretty sure the whistle has no power over the puck no matter what rules (other than newton's) are in effect

barbogast 06-12-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16812872)
powerless over what? I'm pretty sure the whistle has no power over the puck no matter what rules (other than newton's) are in effect

If a whistle can be overturned because a puck trickled in without touching anything, then that whistle was meaningless

Isn't that what you guys are so against?

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 01:14 PM

I'm against things that players do after the whistle counting.

barbogast 06-12-2017 01:17 PM

Well, I guess in this instance, I'm not. I still don't understand how we aren't all in favor of getting the call right. It's not like it can't happen.

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 01:18 PM

I'm still not understanding what straw man is arguing that they don't want the calls to be made correctly. that straw man is an idiot!

barbogast 06-12-2017 01:25 PM

If you want to play semantics, that's fine.

I know the refs called it correctly per the rulebook.

The call was unfair. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I'm proposing we change that unfairness.

jrkarger 06-12-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812881)
Well, I guess in this instance, I'm not. I still don't understand how we aren't all in favor of getting the call right. It's not like it can't happen.

I am in favor of getting calls right. I actually think there should be a ref in the booth or in Toronto with power to call penalties or replays for things the refs can't see.

With that said and where I'm drawing the line here is that penalties and replays are retrospective (like reviewing an offside). They are not for allowing for things that might happen in the future after a whistle blew. Even in that split second from the whistle blowing to the puck going in, no one will ever know if Murray pulled up even a little bit because he heard the whistle. In a game like hockey where a split second or an inch can mean the difference between a goal or not that's introducing more subjectivity in order to fix another degree of subjectivity.

In a sport where the refs have never been worse we shouldn't be giving them more latitude and judgement to decide what would have happened if play had kept going.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812893)
If you want to play semantics, that's fine.

I know the refs called it correctly per the rulebook.

The call was unfair. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. I'm proposing we change that unfairness.

I'm proposing that too, but I draw the line at allowing play to continue after a whistle.

YouNeverKnow25 06-12-2017 01:27 PM

of course the call was unfair. awarding a goal for something that happened after the whistle blew would also be unfair.

barbogast 06-12-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16812896)
I am in favor of getting calls right. I actually think there should be a ref in the booth or in Toronto with power to call penalties or replays for things the refs can't see.

With that said and where I'm drawing the line here is that penalties and replays are retrospective (like reviewing an offside). They are not for allowing for things that might happen in the future after a whistle blew. Even in that split second from the whistle blowing to the puck going in, no one will ever know if Murray pulled up even a little bit because he heard the whistle. In a game like hockey where a split second or an inch can mean the difference between a goal or not that's introducing more subjectivity in order to fix another degree of subjectivity.

In a sport where the refs have never been worse we shouldn't be giving them more latitude and judgement to decide what would have happened if play had kept going.

I'm proposing that too, but I draw the line at allowing play to continue after a whistle.

The bolded is where it gets risky.

And I look at the highlight and it's just too clear to me that the puck was going in if the whistle doesn't go. I think it really will have to be agree to disagree. I understand you're point. I really do. But I think in the interest of fairness the call has to be reversed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16812898)
of course the call was unfair. awarding a goal for something that happened after the whistle blew would also be unfair.

I disagree entirely. Awarding Nashville the goal there is absolutely the fair thing to do. 100%.

jrkarger 06-12-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16812904)

And I look at the highlight and it's just too clear to me that the puck was going in if the whistle doesn't go. I think it really will have to be agree to disagree. I understand you're point. I really do. But I think in the interest of fairness the call has to be reversed.

I disagree entirely. Awarding Nashville the goal there is absolutely the fair thing to do. 100%.

I agree with the bold. That's why I'm so against things after a whistle even an errant one to be considered. It's a very slippery slope.

I understand your point too. We should get things right, but not at the expense of considering things after a whistle. There is no good way to implement something like that.

aeroshady 06-12-2017 01:50 PM

As long as we all agree that Letang is useless and not needed in Pittsburgh for them to win a Cup. Glad this postseason dispelled that rumor.

jrkarger 06-12-2017 01:54 PM

:lol :lol :lol

They should expose him to Vegas. Clears up cap space. Amirite?

Dramageek 06-12-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

The bolded is where you and I disagree. Without Sissons tapping it in, the puck lays in the crease. Without a whistle, maybe Murray falls back and knocks the puck away or covers it. So it's not 100% clear the puck was going in without a whistle. As jkarger pointed out above, if there's a quick whistle that freezes the goalie or defense, but an offensive player somehow shoves the puck in, is that a fair goal?

This is clearly a shitty situation that exposes flaws in the rule book and how it's handled. But I'm very wary about allowing play to continue after a whistle. I interpret the review rule as it stands now to be the puck's on the way in the net and would make it in without further intervention, whistle or no whistle. I disagree that's the case here. Sissons clearly hit it in after the whistle, and it wasn't going in without his help. If that call happens to the Pens, I'd say that sucks, but the ref blew the whistle. Screw him for doing so, but them's the breaks.

aeroshady 06-12-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16812937)
:lol :lol :lol

They should expose him to Vegas. Clears up cap space. Amirite?

They should trade him to the Rangers for future considerations!

bradshaw06 06-12-2017 02:21 PM

Just saw about Maf. He'll be awesome in Vegas. Total class act.

hailtopitt 06-12-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Then I don't think you know what "fair" means

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16812929)
As long as we all agree that Letang is useless and not needed in Pittsburgh for them to win a Cup. Glad this postseason dispelled that rumor.

Sorry our dynastic team is so talented

unccrombie 06-12-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16812959)
Just saw about Maf. He'll be awesome in Vegas. Total class act.

definitely realizes his time is up in peeburgh

bradshaw06 06-12-2017 04:44 PM

Always amazing seeing what injuries guys have.

Hornqvist broken fingers, cole a broken hand, hagalin broken ankle, bonino a broken tibula, and thats just whats come out so far.

barbogast 06-12-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16813023)
Then I don't think you know what "fair" means

I think I do

I'm now thinking that you don't know what it means

hailtopitt 06-12-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16813052)
Always amazing seeing what injuries guys have.

Hornqvist broken fingers, cole a broken hand, hagalin broken ankle, bonino a broken tibula, and thats just whats come out so far.

I saw Cole had broken ribs too I think

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16813068)
I think I do

I'm now thinking that you don't know what it means

In no world is allowing anything to count after a whistle fair. Doesn't matter if it's a nanosecond after the whistle or 2 minutes.

I know u wanted the Preds to win and having that happen to them in a SCF game is admittedly very shitty. But there's no fair way to legislate allowing plays to continue after a whistle. There just isn't. It sucks but it's true.

You need to let it go.

salrx95 06-12-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16812957)
They should trade him to the Rangers for future considerations!

Fits Rangers m.o. Older , injury plagued player on the downside of his career.

~Crashintome89~ 06-12-2017 07:00 PM

did brohan seriously get banned a week for "trolling" but Chad got off with a warning for cursing at a mod?

God, that's an even worst call than any of the calls or non-calls from last night.

Lcsulla 06-12-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16813139)
did brohan seriously get banned a week for "trolling" but Chad got off with a warning for cursing at a mod?

God, that's an even worst call than any of the calls or non-calls from last night.

Brohan was trolling - something he does often, I also gave him a minimum ban. Chad on the other hand is not a habitual pain in the ass and I know he has nothing against me, he was just frustrated last night and I am sympathetic and took no offense given the circumstances.

aeroshady 06-13-2017 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16813133)
Fits Rangers m.o. Older , injury plagued player on the downside of his career.

Got to respect the Rangers consistency! The future considerations would probably be something along the lines of: Every Rangers first and second round pick as long as the Rangers make the playoffs once in the next 5 years.

kev87lads 06-13-2017 06:21 AM

Whoa, how clutch is this?
It is pretty awesome, right?
There is no answer.

HAIKU TUESDAY!

~Crashintome89~ 06-13-2017 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16813277)
Brohan was trolling - something he does often, I also gave him a minimum ban. Chad on the other hand is not a habitual pain in the ass and I know he has nothing against me, he was just frustrated last night and I am sympathetic and took no offense given the circumstances.

So, Brohan was trolling? That's him. That's what we're used to around here. Brohan is cool around these parts now because he's been around the block, and he's fun.

I just think the ban wasn't warranted. This is the best thread on here because it doesn't need to be moderated. Ashame it's gotten to that point.

JRS1386 06-13-2017 06:41 AM

#freeBrohan

aeroshady 06-13-2017 06:53 AM

I can't wait to hear what Brohan has to say about a bunch of Flyers fans defending him! He must have such mixed feelings reading this :lol

kev87lads 06-13-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16352412)
Keith was clearly off balance when he took that hit.

My mistake, watching it again he was facing Coyle when he was hit, still it was retaliatory heat of the moment smack by keith. Probably deserved a double minor but certainly not a match penalty much less a suspension, again as a former D man I would have reacted the same way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16352442)
I would swing like that after coyle flattened him while Keith was off balance.

Also I would have done the exact same think Keith did, sure it was dumb but coyle deserved it for his action in flattening Keith while he was off balance and never even saw the hit coming.

Still haven't seen a ban for this promotion of violence. #freebrohan

aeroshady 06-13-2017 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16813400)
Whoa, how clutch is this?
It is pretty awesome, right?
There is no answer.

HAIKU TUESDAY!

I am so sorry.
Something struck me in the rear.
I just... wound up... here.

They call me Sokka,
that is in the Water Tribe.
I am not an oaf.

You think you're so smart,
with your fancy little words,
this is not so hard.

I calls it easy.
Like I paddle my canoe,
I'll paddle yours too!

Squish, squash, sling that slang.
I'm always right back at ya,
like my... boomerang!

That's right, I'm Sokka,
it's pronounced with an "okka",
young ladies, I rocked ya! .....:lol

That is what I think of when I hear a Haiku

dmbetc 06-13-2017 07:42 AM

Agreed in #freeborhan

Roose13 06-13-2017 08:36 AM

Shit, even I'm on board with #FreeBrohan

~Crashintome89~ 06-13-2017 09:00 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Honest question: How can this be trolling and banworthy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16812256)
#NotOurChampAMNhlThread2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16812259)
It was the 8 seed bro. Hawks got sweeper by the 8 seed, so Hawks fans can STFU

But this is fine....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16812255)

Sorry Laviolette, that is twice in 7 years your team got beat by a better team - last time in 2010 the Hawks beat the Flyers down and now this. TS buddy! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16812244)

Regardless, congrats to pittsburgh fans - very happy you all beat those dirtbags even if it ties Crosby and Toews for cup wins.

LATER TRASHVILLE - see you next season, take your catfishes and shove them up your asses! Way to go Pens, well earned victory, truthfully I have no idea how they advanced over the Jackets and the Caps given all their injuries and banged up players. To the preds, you all just got hot at the right time - the last team to qualify for the postseason goes to the final (aided by a lot of calls going their way) but got a big smackdown against a better team finally! :multi

kev87lads 06-13-2017 09:23 AM

#notmythreadpresident

Roose13 06-13-2017 09:30 AM

#FreeBrohan #Revolution1735 #downwithtyranny

daveshookme 06-13-2017 09:37 AM

I have my flights booked.
I land in Pitt tomorrow.
Will I see y'all there?

~Crashintome89~ 06-13-2017 09:38 AM

No. 888888
haiku

Lcsulla 06-13-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16813693)
Honest question: How can this be trolling and banworthy...

But this is fine....

I can see why you say this and yeah, you are right, in hindsight it does look like trolling. That said, at the time I posted that I was unaware we had any nashville fans in here or I would have chosen my words differently. To the best of my knowledge we have a Caps fan, a Rangers fan, an Avs fan, a Blues fan, a Wings fan, a Kings fan and a few fans of the Flyers, Pens and Hawks - and likely a few others I am likely forgetting.

Not an excuse but rather an explanation, I do not intentionally taunt anyone in here (unless you consider the occasional back and forth ribbing with Barbs which is good natured) and I had no idea we had a Preds supporter in here when I posted that, now I know we do and I have no intention of intentionally taunting theChad at all - once I saw that I stopped any insults of the preds and completely ignored his remark towards me because I get why he would have been pissed off to see what I typed. So yeah, I fucked up on those posts because I was unaware they would bother anyone, can anyone in this thread honestly claim they have never made a mistake because they were unaware their posts would offend someone?

~Crashintome89~ 06-13-2017 09:46 AM

That explanation is fine and all. I just think it's stupid that you banned Brohan for a seemingly innocent couple of posts.

Let's face it, the majority of the people in here were rooting against the Pens. Once the Cup was won, people are ticked off and post irrationally. It happens every June.

Just unban Brohan. I don't like the ban and he didn't deserve it.

EDIT: Seems like I'm not in the minority either. When you have Flyers fans actively defending a Caps fan, you know something is going on.

hailtopitt 06-13-2017 10:01 AM

Can't wait for the parade tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dramageek 06-13-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16813729)
I have my flights booked.
I land in Pitt tomorrow.
Will I see y'all there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16813758)
Can't wait for the parade tomorrow

Yes indeed. Where are you guys going to be? I'm going to be outside the Gulf Tower on Grant St. near the start. (I work in the Gulf Tower, and actually have to get some work done before going to see Dave and Tim in Cleveland later on.:lol Otherwise I might make my way to the Point to see the stage.) Pens get the Stanley Cup Sunday. Victory parade and Dave and Tim tomorrow. Sigur Ros on Thursday. What a great week!

Edit: #freebrohan. His posts add some extra flavor to this thread.

daveshookme 06-13-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16813878)
Yes indeed. Where are you guys going to be? I'm going to be outside the Gulf Tower on Grant St. near the start. (I work in the Gulf Tower, and actually have to get some work done before going to see Dave and Tim in Cleveland later on.:lol Otherwise I might make my way to the Point to see the stage.) Pens get the Stanley Cup Sunday. Victory parade and Dave and Tim tomorrow. Sigur Ros on Thursday. What a great week!

Edit: #freebrohan. His posts add some extra flavor to this thread.

I have no idea. I'll be on my own, my sister is picking me up at the airport then dropping me off at Heinz field before she heads out to work. If anybody wants to make plans PM me and we can meet somewhere.

UCFish 06-13-2017 12:33 PM

#notmymoderator

That is a good hash tag....may have got me banned by a different one for a while before.

JRS1386 06-13-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16813481)
I am so sorry.
Something struck me in the rear.
I just... wound up... here.

They call me Sokka,
that is in the Water Tribe.
I am not an oaf.

You think you're so smart,
with your fancy little words,
this is not so hard.

I calls it easy.
Like I paddle my canoe,
I'll paddle yours too!

Squish, squash, sling that slang.
I'm always right back at ya,
like my... boomerang!

That's right, I'm Sokka,
it's pronounced with an "okka",
young ladies, I rocked ya! .....:lol

That is what I think of when I hear a Haiku

Great show, needs a rewatch

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16813553)
Agreed in #freeborhan

#borhan4prez

JRS1386 06-13-2017 12:39 PM

Predators were robbed
Referee blew load too quick
Penns garage league champs

barbogast 06-13-2017 12:40 PM

Disappointed that I didn't pioneer the hashtag when I had the chance, but I'm glad everyone else seems to agree.

#freeBrohan

barbogast 06-13-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16813106)
I saw Cole had broken ribs too I think

In no world is allowing anything to count after a whistle fair. Doesn't matter if it's a nanosecond after the whistle or 2 minutes.

I know u wanted the Preds to win and having that happen to them in a SCF game is admittedly very shitty. But there's no fair way to legislate allowing plays to continue after a whistle. There just isn't. It sucks but it's true.

You need to let it go.

I still maintain that I made a very well reasoned argument.

But since the king of all things has decided I need to let it go, I guess I will

aeroshady 06-13-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16813732)
I can see why you say this and yeah, you are right, in hindsight it does look like trolling. That said, at the time I posted that I was unaware we had any nashville fans in here or I would have chosen my words differently. To the best of my knowledge we have a Caps fan, a Rangers fan, an Avs fan, a Blues fan, a Wings fan, a Kings fan and a few fans of the Flyers, Pens and Hawks - and likely a few others I am likely forgetting.

There are a few Caps fans, 2 1/2 Rangers fans, an Islanders fan, a Blue Jackets fan, some playoff only fans of the Bruins, and some ECF/WCF to Stanley Cup final fans of the Sharks and Lightening.

Just thought I would update this before anyone feels left out.

:scorpio

aeroshady 06-13-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16813992)
Great show, needs a rewatch

#borhan4prez

One of the best shows ever! :thumbsup

kev87lads 06-13-2017 01:08 PM

would also like to get behind the misspelling and go with #freeborhan

also on board with #notmymoderator over my#notmypresident

this thread is the best.

JRS1386 06-13-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16814015)
One of the best shows ever! :thumbsup

Is it on Hulu/Amazon/Netflix or anything?

~Crashintome89~ 06-13-2017 01:10 PM

#notmymoderator is a great hashtag.

#makenhlthreadgreatagain

barbogast 06-13-2017 01:15 PM

:lol :lol Borhan

bradshaw06 06-13-2017 03:44 PM

Pens are at pnc with the cup tonight, from Bonino on twitter:

Sources in the clubhouse tell me Crosby is throwing from the rubber, and a lot (all) of his teammates don't think he can throw a strike

Lcsulla 06-13-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16814014)
[/B]

There are a few Caps fans, 2 1/2 Rangers fans, an Islanders fan, a Blue Jackets fan, some playoff only fans of the Bruins, and some ECF/WCF to Stanley Cup final fans of the Sharks and Lightening.

By no mean was my intent to leave anyone out at all. I can only comment on what I know and was going off the top of my head. I probably should have stated the teams I noted had the most ardent supporters from my time in here. No offense was intended at all.

TMoore4075 06-13-2017 05:34 PM

Fuck all ya all. Sitting across from Jimmy Howard and Abdelkader at D&T.

JRS1386 06-13-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16814318)

Ask them how the playoffs were

TMoore4075 06-13-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16814338)

About the same as the Flyers.

salrx95 06-13-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16814014)
[/B]

Thanks for the love. Aboard the #freebrohan train, too.

Feel like we might be the front runners for Duchene. I'd welcome because we need to make a move or lose a good dmen to expansion.

unccrombie 06-13-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16814354)

Slow cap

dmbetc 06-13-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16814318)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16814338)

Quote:

:lol :lol

very cool Tim, were they good or obnoxious fans?

salrx95 06-13-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16814382)

You know Howard hates "Crash into me" since he is a goalie so I hope they play it for him.

(Have seen no set lists yet. Waiting for show at Saratoga to pass so wife and I are surprised)

JRS1386 06-13-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Blackhawks also an acceptable answer

unccrombie 06-13-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16814400)
Blackhawks also an acceptable answer

Blackhawks made the dance...

JRS1386 06-13-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16814403)
Blackhawks made the dance...

Someone probably should have told them that

unccrombie 06-13-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16814426)

Preds were so hot, that's unfair.

JRS1386 06-13-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16814445)
Preds were so hot, that's unfair.

Preds lost 5 of 7 to end the season. Admittedly they got hot in the playoffs but weren't so entering them

TMoore4075 06-14-2017 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16814382)

They were both pretty chill. Abby was actually sitting closer but was talking to Howie for a bit. But Jimmy was just standing there enjoying the show.

TMoore4075 06-14-2017 05:22 AM

But hey go Griffins! And I'm not talking about my kid.

UCFish 06-14-2017 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16814426)

:thumbsup

TMoore4075 06-14-2017 05:39 AM

Would still prefer the Hawks season over the Wings season. At least they enjoyed the regular season. Wings were so fucking frustrating to watch.

jrkarger 06-14-2017 06:04 AM

It's a great day for hockey a Stanley Cup Parade!

With that said, whole lotta yinzer going on today!

This pic... :lol

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/...int-state-park

kev87lads 06-14-2017 08:10 AM

So has he been freed yet?

unccrombie 06-14-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16814454)
Preds lost 5 of 7 to end the season. Admittedly they got hot in the playoffs but weren't so entering them

what's the age old saying, everything resets in the playoffs?
unless you're the Craps

YouNeverKnow25 06-14-2017 08:58 AM

Office view

https://imgur.com/gallery/7Lvrg

mr.MikeD 06-14-2017 09:50 AM

did they take the cup away from the Pens and set the re-do for game 6 yet?

hailtopitt 06-14-2017 10:09 AM

Let's take this down to the river, and party all summer!!!!!

hailtopitt 06-14-2017 10:09 AM

Mike Lange and Phil Borque are the absolute best

dmbetc 06-14-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16814883)

Cool shot!

dmbetc 06-14-2017 10:47 AM

Weird that Girardi won't be a Ranger anymore, always one of my favorites.