Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   R.I.P. Leroi Moore. (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229381)

Pannagpamp 08-20-2008 02:20 AM

Re: R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

RIP Leroi Moore

pprowler6 08-20-2008 02:22 AM

nothing will ever be the same. It was a pleasure Roi

Butterfingerz 08-20-2008 02:23 AM

This one's for the man who worked the sax and horns with grace and beauty. I'll never forget the first time I heard #34 and that's the song I played in his honor upon hearing this news.

My heart goes out to LeRoi's family, friends, and bandmates.

You will be missed

JacobLovesYou 08-20-2008 02:23 AM

thanks for everything roi!

ryguy178 08-20-2008 02:23 AM

sad day

Malaguy 08-20-2008 02:25 AM

i feel like I can never breathe the same way again.

VBDMB 08-20-2008 02:25 AM

You touched our hearts with your beautiful music and your memory will live on through your music. I know you will be on stage watching over the guys making sure they still give us killer shows!!! Fortunately I have had the honor of meeting you before the July 4th show a couple years back. I will always hold that moment close to my heart.

RIP brother...you will be missed

steepler 08-20-2008 02:28 AM

My wife and I just heard the news... how devastating... so sad...
Our thoughts/prayers go out to family and friends.

chubbyemu 08-20-2008 02:28 AM

God bless you Roi. May all the love of the antsmarching community and DMB fans everywhere be with him, his family and friends.

kydmb99 08-20-2008 02:29 AM

Wow, this is beyond terrible. I critique, complain, bitch... but this is still my all-time favorite band that has brought so much to me. I've been listening to #41 from Listener Supported a ton the last few days and couldn't help but think how much I loved LeRoi.

RIP... You truly will be missed. :(:(

flyingchicken 08-20-2008 02:29 AM

Thank you for the best 10 years of dancing my ass off at the shows to your jams. Hope your still playing with the best in heaven. You will be forever missed and in my heart.

alextreme 08-20-2008 02:31 AM

You will be missed Roi :(

Jimi's Thing 08-20-2008 02:31 AM

I still can't believe it. I'll never see LeRoi on stage again with DMB. It's a really hard thing to think about.

To be 100% honest, I don't know if I can go to another show.

joshmeans 08-20-2008 02:31 AM

To Leroi's family and friends, we are truly saddened by his passing.

Ugh, this one's gonna hurt for a while.

Dartigan 08-20-2008 02:32 AM

Wow... There are no words...

I was listening to Crush when I found out... Now I think I'll go listen to Grace is Gone and The Maker.

You will be missed Roi.

BobL 08-20-2008 02:32 AM

Very sad news - heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Rodey 08-20-2008 02:32 AM

This picture of Roi always makes me smile, just thought I'd post it.

http://www.weeklydavespeak.com/media...on_Coaster.jpg

jmdt52 08-20-2008 02:33 AM

I feel like a part of me died this evening... I can't help but wonder what the band's reaction will be to this news... RIP Roi, you will be dearly missed

dmbmarkt2 08-20-2008 02:33 AM

I'm in shock. I couldn't believe the news when I heard it. My thoughts go out to LeRoi's family, DMB, and the entire DMB community. What a shame.

Barkeep 08-20-2008 02:35 AM

I am very saddened by the news. My heartfelt condolences go out to Leroi's family and friends. While his life only touched me musically, his life extends beyond this simple classification of a music performer because the music he played in the band's songs reached places beyond sound. The music touched my heart. One particular piece comes to mind (of many) is #41. The song itself has been a savior for me, but one performance sticks out (I will not name it because it only trivializes the other great performances over the many great years).

Thank you Leroi. Rest in peace. My God watch over soul.

mbuttercup7 08-20-2008 02:35 AM

I'm just speechless.

Thoughts and prayers going out to LeRoi's family during this time.

RIP LeRoi.

DMB24Illini 08-20-2008 02:36 AM

I am shocked and speechless right now. Somehow, I am not crying. I went outside under the stars and played guitar....#41, Grey Street, Bartender and Ants Marching. Played them all for Leroi.

I've been following the band for well over 10 years. Some of my reviews on nancies are all about Leroi and how much he rocked a certain show I was at. As I prepare to see DMB 7 times over the next two weeks, it will be weird to not only know that he isn't going to be on stage those shows, but I will never be able to see him on stage again.

May he rest in peace. And live on forever in the music of DMB.

Dodgerdave 08-20-2008 02:36 AM

I say we all listen to some music for Roi. You will be missed Roi.

barre05 08-20-2008 02:37 AM

I love you, Roi.

Thank you for the great music you put out with DMB. May you continue playing that wonderful music on that sax of yours in heaven.

Rockhound18 08-20-2008 02:37 AM

I just cant believe this. All my thoughts and prayers are with Leroi, his family, and the band tonight. Thank you for everything, your music has changed my life in so many ways, and we will all miss you forever.

superjen83 08-20-2008 02:37 AM

i haven't posted in probably years, but i think its fitting to say my last good bye to the man who gave so much soul and depth to the music we loves. cheers leroi, you'll be forever missed.

-Jen

SideshowRob 08-20-2008 02:37 AM

God took another good one from us.

superjen83 08-20-2008 02:38 AM

i haven't posted in probably years, but i think its fitting to say my last good bye to the man who gave so much soul and depth to the music we loves. cheers leroi, you'll be forever missed.

-Jen

dmbigeyedphish 08-20-2008 02:38 AM

LeRoi Moore played an integral role in changing the way I look, believe, think about, and feel music. Thank God for him. And Thank God that he got a chance to live on this earth. Rest in peace Roi, you have no idea how much you have effected the way I think about the art you perfected.

easytobemyself 08-20-2008 02:38 AM

Like the rest of you I am shocked and saddened. I am very grateful that I got to see LeRoi as much as I did. Thanks Roi ... you are already missed!