Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   R.I.P. Leroi Moore. (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229381)

hoke2007 08-20-2008 01:16 AM

Re: R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

Thank you LeRoi for all the great memories. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends, and band members of Roi. We love you and will miss you so much.

Thanks for everything LeRoi.

Rest In Peace.

Bartender_Pleez 08-20-2008 01:17 AM

I cant beleive they are playing tonight - I wonder where and when the funeral is going to be?

damvbe4134 08-20-2008 01:18 AM

We all will miss the stunning saxophone solos that Leroi Moore presented us with. His artistic touch can never be replaced and I'm not sure the music will ever sound the same again. Hopefully the band will go on and, as witnessed by their dedication to play tonight, they will go on in honor and memory of Leroi. Although no one would really blame them for going separate ways due to this extreme hardship, time will heal all wounds and if anything, this will bring even more energy and musical enthusiasm to the rest of this year's tour and to the remaining band members. They will unite and become closer than ever before which leads me to believe, their best music is yet to come. R.I.P. Leroi Moore. #34 will forever be your song and I hereby propose that it be your song that everyone will choose to play in honor and memory of your gracious artistic lungs.

Bartender_Pleez 08-20-2008 01:18 AM

I cant beleive they are playing tonight. There has to be a funeral, I wonder where and when?

watchtower821 08-20-2008 01:19 AM

i dont know why but when i heard the news of the accident the idea of complications was floating through my head.. r.i.p leroi you will be missed

miket428 08-20-2008 01:22 AM

rip roi, you helped changed my life. i will never forget you

jcomey 08-20-2008 01:24 AM

Thank you, Leroi.

That's all I can say.

boilerfan 08-20-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany15 (Post 8075640)
The Dave Matthews Band is something different than any other band. They are a family that you feel apart of. This family has just lost someone who can never be replaced. As a result this family of thousands of people are grieving. Each person had there own spot and were unique in their own way. There are not many musicians who enjoy their work as much as DMB does. They play night in and night out always putting on a show for the fans and themselves. Leroi will never be replaced and this special band will never be the same. Rest in peace Leroi we will never forget you.

This is so true.

I'm a big Springsteen fan and we were all reeling last April when Danny Federici died. Bruce knows how Dave feels tonight.

My prayers go out to DMB and esp. LeRoi's family.

DerekJTR2 08-20-2008 01:24 AM

I'm going to feel sick for a long long time. This is rock bottom. A great man has lost his life and a great part of our lives ends. Best wishes to his dear friends and family, hopefully they know what an incredible effect he had on all our lives. This is an awful tragedy. Rest peacefully brother Roi.

jcomey 08-20-2008 01:25 AM

Thank you, Leroi.

That's all I can say.

OCMarsh 08-20-2008 01:35 AM

I don't know what to say. The real DMB is over.

maxsoup 08-20-2008 01:38 AM

i turned on ants marching right after i found out, turned off the lights and just cried last stop reprise seems so fitting now it's not going to be the same ever again.

Come in from the cold for a while, everything will be all right RIP Roi

foley1256 08-20-2008 01:38 AM

R.I.P. Leroi, your sound gave Dave Matthews Band that unique touch that kept the music alive and well for so many years. There will be absolutley no one who will be able to replace a true legend and unbeliveable performer, one who had touched the lives of all his fans and will continue to touch lives long after his passing.

We'll miss you Leroi, now you and God can have a funky tea party of your own.

2steppinKJ 08-20-2008 01:40 AM

I treaure my experience of 5/5/07 knowing with great sadness that I will never have the privilege of seeing Roi play live again. The music world has lost a true gentleman.

LeRoi Moore, I salute you.

Pikegulley 08-20-2008 01:42 AM

RIP Leroi....

This will be a crucial point for the band...

DavefaninNZ 08-20-2008 01:44 AM

Wow, this is terrible. RIP, Leroi...:(

rhymenreason88 08-20-2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evans (Post 8075788)
Leroi playing "A Sweet Goodnight". Try not to cry....

http://www.pdg.net/Leroi-03-17-93.mp3

nice post. He is still jamming out!

Head In Hands 08-20-2008 01:56 AM

All I can say is that God needed him in heaven more than we needed him here on Earth.

Rest peacefully, Roi, you are survived through your music and your fans.

This is devastating.

scajfk926 08-20-2008 01:59 AM

Nothing will ever be the same after this. We will all miss you so much LeRoi. I pray you rest in peace.

OneSweetPig25 08-20-2008 02:09 AM

R.I.P LeRoi.
I only knew him a few years but there is no one better than he. He was a mastermind at what he did. We may never hear him again ,but We will always listen.

knar251 08-20-2008 02:10 AM

I'm devastated and awed by this tragic news. At a time when the band really seemed to be coming up with some great and exciting stuff, we were struck with the news that Roi was in an accident. And now when we thought things were beginning to look up for him, a turn for the worse. I'm deeply, deeply saddened and truly sorry for his family, friends, and all of us...his adoring fans. I cannot even express the sorrow I feel right now for all of us. We've truly lost an amazing musician, but more importantly an amazing man. You will be sorely missed forever and always. RIP Roi.

dunit34x 08-20-2008 02:12 AM

R.I.P. Leroi, you will be missed greatly and the Dave Matthews Band will never be the same without you, we all loved what you did day in and day out and you will always be remembered in our hearts.

God Bless

snow1868 08-20-2008 02:13 AM

I'm listening to 8/13/94 and LeRoi sounds like an angel on stage. Now he'll always be an angel. RIP LeRoi, you'll be missed.

Rodey 08-20-2008 02:14 AM

Thanks for the great music and great times, Roi.

You'll be missed tremendously by everyone. The music you helped create has impacted my life in a good way and I am thankful for that.

Until we meet someday, rest peacefully.

Scuba Jeremy 08-20-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evans (Post 8075788)
Leroi playing "A Sweet Goodnight". Try not to cry....

http://www.pdg.net/Leroi-03-17-93.mp3

I lost it.:(

Thank you, Leroi.

DirtyDeeds449 08-20-2008 02:17 AM

Jesus.

Nobletucky 08-20-2008 02:17 AM

If we really listen, we will hear Roi in our hearts forever. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Moore and DBM family.

Krakan 08-20-2008 02:18 AM

it hurts a lot, and i will feel this for the rest of my life... RIP Leroi you were amazing to hear and your sound alway s touched my soul when i needed it

Pikegulley 08-20-2008 02:18 AM

RIP Leroi....

This will be a crucial point for the band...

AINTLIFEGRAND 08-20-2008 02:20 AM

This is a very sad day. A foundation of this band has moved on. I will continue to hear his melodic breath, his pure sense of timing and his unique ability to share his gifts with the world. He has given so much to the fans. Peace and blessings to his family. :angel