Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   R.I.P. Leroi Moore. (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229381)

DMBfan41 08-20-2008 12:22 AM

Re: R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

R.I.P. LeRoi Moore. What else can I say?

Rodey 08-20-2008 12:23 AM

I now know how Beatles fans felt when John was killed.

gonz085 08-20-2008 12:24 AM

I dunno if i've been this upset in a long time. Now i'm also very worried about the future of the band in general. fuck

maker75 08-20-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBfan41 (Post 8076742)
R.I.P. LeRoi Moore. What else can I say?

nothing at all. i'm just numb inside to think i was at alpine two weeks ago.

armyants1027 08-20-2008 12:26 AM

:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine
i've been doing this all night.

we all love you, roi.

frettrickman 08-20-2008 12:31 AM

I've been struggling with this news.

RIP friend, you've contributed more than you could know to my life. Thanks.

NumberForTOne 08-20-2008 12:35 AM

What a flood of tears...Its been just recent that I've been listening to Spoon from the CP bonus disc and the Warehouse bonus disc Lover Lay Down just to hear your gorgeous solos. Crash was my first CD ever, and I would always listen to your amazing solos on #41, Say Goodbye, and Let You Down in the car. My saxophone playing will be forever influenced by you, and I pray to God that you are in his love and grace forever and ever.

With Gratitude,

Dan

jameseari 08-20-2008 12:35 AM

You will be missed by many 'Roi. Hopefully you get the chance to jam with Charlie Parker in the afterlife!

R.I.P.

DMBboy22 08-20-2008 12:37 AM

Receiving this news at the Staples Center 30 minutes before the band took the stage, was both heartbreaking, and heartwarming.

There are no words to describe the loss we all feel. But to be able to in a way spend the night with the rest of the DMB family, is something I know I personally will never forget.

Bartender will forever bring tears to my eyes, as it did tonight.

We will all miss you Roi, thank you for all of the many good times you have brought. Thank you DMB for having recorded all of them for us to enjoy for years and years to come.

Best to all

rick8285 08-20-2008 12:40 AM

Download some of my fave Roi moments here

coyne 08-20-2008 12:40 AM

idk what to say, rip

TwoStep2888 08-20-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick8285 (Post 8076861)

Thanks. :thumbsup

SoRight24 08-20-2008 12:54 AM

I can't believe this.

I wake up to go to work, and find this.

This is a sad, sad day.

RIP Leroi, thanks for the great memories!

DavePolnick 08-20-2008 12:55 AM

Leroi, you are the king. To my hero and greatest influence, you will be missed. Thanks for everything. You saved me.

-David

firedancerdmb69 08-20-2008 12:56 AM

If a heart could shed tears...then it is surely mine. I loved you Leroi. You were the influence for my son. What an incredible man. What a musician!
May you rock heaven. Rest in peace.

musicfreak21 08-20-2008 01:00 AM

you are the man.....

DMB41GUY 08-20-2008 01:00 AM

We just got back from Staples. The news started circulating around the venue shortly before show time. This was honestly the most difficult show to be at... and at the same time... the show was amazing. I pretty much lost my ability to hold in my feelings after Bartender... and pretty much cried throughout the next several songs. It was hard to be excited tonight... having your heart crushed right before a show like that. I can't even begin to describe what it was really like to be at this show. I think everyone who was there could see... feel... and hear the pain the band was in. I've never really seen them like this. It broke my heart...

Leroi, in my opinion, was an irreplaceable asset to this band. And while I know they can continue on, and hope and pray they do, we all know this band will never be the same. I truly hope they use whatever recordings they have of him for the new album as a tribute. I also think it would be very fitting for them to begin releasing some of the lost b-sides from previous sessions. I think being able to hear some of the work Leroi did in years past that wasn't release would be nice for the community, and may help in keeping things as positive as possible during this very difficult time.

I have listened to DMB everyday for the last ten years, and this saddens me beyond description. This is an incredible loss to music... and the world. My thoughts and prayers are with Leroi, his family, and his other family (the band, crew, management, and everyone he touched on a daily basis).

What a sad day for everyone...

Tomato42 08-20-2008 01:00 AM

this sucks

beau99 08-20-2008 01:02 AM

God, I'm in deep shock right now.

I feel bad I've never seen DMB live and now possibly never will :(

I just listened to "Raven". Damn, Roi tore it up in that song.

I may not have a happy birthday this year, knowing that Roi's would be three days after mine :(

cuzza 08-20-2008 01:03 AM

just gutted. Words cannot express.
May you rest in peace Roi

phunkjunky 08-20-2008 01:05 AM

How is it that a band who seems so secure and accepting of death, gets hit with it so directly, so prematurely?

If there's one thing DMB has taught me about life, it's that everyone dies. Even Roi. But while we're living, love every moment of it.

:cool = :angel

needsreplacing 08-20-2008 01:06 AM

Roi will always live on in my heart. I won't ever forget the shows he played.

Stream #41 08-20-2008 01:10 AM

This is so unexpected and hard to believe.

RIP Leroi.

DeerCreek4ever 08-20-2008 01:10 AM

I made a video with pictures of LeRoi and I figured I'd share it with you guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3aPmBaxCA

llamaphonics 08-20-2008 01:13 AM

He didn't cure cancer. He didn't end world hunger.

He did share a gift with the rest of us and enrich our lives for a while. We could sway with his jams and forget our troubles and just ride along as he showed us how much he loved his craft. And that is a wonderful thing.

He was a cornerstone in somthing that has given so much to the fans, either on the radio or live. Tonight's show must have been one of the hardest things for the guys to ever do.

We'll miss you man. More than 41 times.

fishingforapig 08-20-2008 01:13 AM

I LOVE YOU! Youre in a better place buddy, and i hope you are looking down on everyone and maybe if the dmb is loud enough during their shows you could hear them bc i know you heard them tonight.. R.I.P Leroi Moore

chuckpower 08-20-2008 01:15 AM

sadness and disbelief. R.I.P. Roi

zachpack 08-20-2008 01:15 AM

My brother, my girlfriend and I went to 6 shows this summer, and after the last show, we talked about how much fun the summer was, And being that her and I share #41 as a favorite song I told her that even though jeff tore it up we had to see it with Leroi, but i said i didn't think it would ever happen. With the job he did, having had a punctured lung, i didn't foresee roi ever returning but i never expected this.

I told my brother I thought Jeff would become a permanent Fixture, and maybe even a member on stage on july 5th walking to the car after the sax-less show and he said that he couldn't see jeff leaving the flectones, and i personally couldn't see a founding member being replaced, but with yesterdays development where do you think it goes from here.

I personally think Jeff is a great musician, and the man for the job. With the passing of roi, is DMB now permanently a quartet with stage guests, or do they now embrace jeff and even rashawn even more and make them band members....or do they finish the already scheduled dates and call it a game...

Whatever happens, i would like to see a pair of sunglasses placed on the ground stage left from now on

NCStateDMB 08-20-2008 01:17 AM

I think a part of me just died... R.I.P. Leroi, you put so much emotion into your music, music thats playing in the background of all my favorite memories. You've left an unforgettable mark on music and the lives of so many. We'll miss you.

Oh, word? 08-20-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachpack (Post 8076992)

Whatever happens, i would like to see a pair of sunglasses placed on the ground stage left from now on

:thumbsup