Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A Game of Thrones (HBO Series) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=300194)

maxpower00044 06-15-2011 09:54 AM

Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO Series)

Damn it, I clicked that spoiler and saw just enough words to piss me off.

sdkelso 06-15-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku Jimi (Post 12673947)
Again with the demi-spoilers... :shrug

I don't think that's a spoiler - the point of the series is that it's just like real life. No one is safe.

dreamingtree041 06-15-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THATEUS41 (Post 12681924)
Looks like we know who ran the projector in 7th grade!

First of all, nerds are the shit.

Second of all, could we make a thread for each of the books? I plan to read the books, but probably would stay out of the book thread just for the fact that I wouldn't want spoilers. Maybe a thread for each of the books would control that a little better, like chat about the book after you've read it.

Haiku Jimi 06-15-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THATEUS41 (Post 12681924)
Looks like we know who ran the projector in 7th grade!

I was actually the dropout type. Took me 5 years to earn a 4 year college degree. Teachers did not like me. I'm not uptight about other things, I just don't like it when people don't use common sense.

Also, eat a turd fuckmook. I'm not having a good day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdkelso (Post 12682165)
I don't think that's a spoiler - the point of the series is that it's just like real life. No one is safe.

I said demi ;)

mojo4395 06-15-2011 12:15 PM

Just to get into the spoiler debate here, I do think that if it's in a spoiler, it's fair game. As long as the thread doesn't get overly cluttered with conversations happening under the spoiler tag. I don't think that the book thread is going to be kept up (no one's really posted there), so this is likely going to be the main Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire thread. So if you don't want things spoiled, I'd recommend not reading the "spoilers" tag.

And, if you did read the spoiler from Ms. Roberts, please read my spoiler as well. I'm not giving away any plot points, just a brief thought.

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Haiku Jimi 06-15-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo4395 (Post 12682734)
Just to get into the spoiler debate here, I do think that if it's in a spoiler, it's fair game. As long as the thread doesn't get overly cluttered with conversations happening under the spoiler tag. I don't think that the book thread is going to be kept up (no one's really posted there), so this is likely going to be the main Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire thread. So if you don't want things spoiled, I'd recommend not reading the "spoilers" tag.

And, if you did read the spoiler from Ms. Roberts, please read my spoiler as well. I'm not giving away any plot points, just a brief thought.

Thanks for that :)

You guys do whatever you want, I don't want to be the projector handler.

smokew11 06-15-2011 02:43 PM

im fine with it if you guys have conversations with spoilers. its what we ended up doing in the walking dead thread. when only a few people read it, its hard to keep a thread going. just do it in here with spoilers :thumbsup

sdkelso 06-15-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo4395 (Post 12682734)

Agreed 100% with your spoiler.

THATEUS41 06-15-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku Jimi (Post 12682425)
I was actually the dropout type. Took me 5 years to earn a 4 year college degree. Teachers did not like me. I'm not uptight about other things, I just don't like it when people don't use common sense.

Also, eat a turd fuckmook. I'm not having a good day.

:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine I can't stand when people call out my bitchness!!! Take a chill pill and don't send me private messages unless your period has lasted a couple more days than longer. It's a tv show!!! If you don't want the spoilers DON'T READ THE THREAD!!! And sorry for your bad day, this thread is helping mine be awesome!

THATEUS41 06-15-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingtree041 (Post 12682186)
First of all, nerds are the shit.

You are correct! :D:D:D

haybale97 06-15-2011 08:49 PM

http://imgur.com/gallery/0o7Ip

Haiku Jimi 06-16-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THATEUS41 (Post 12683628)
:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine I can't stand when people call out my bitchness!!! Take a chill pill and don't send me private messages unless your period has lasted a couple more days than longer. It's a tv show!!! If you don't want the spoilers DON'T READ THE THREAD!!! And sorry for your bad day, this thread is helping mine be awesome!

Except the spoilers are from the book series, which are ahead of the show. I'm not the only person that's complained about stuff like this. Take a look at the Walking Dead thread.

Again go fuck yourself. And happy trolling. Clearly you enjoy getting a rise out of people.

smokew11 06-16-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku Jimi (Post 12684905)
Except the spoilers are from the book series, which are ahead of the show. I'm not the only person that's complained about stuff like this. Take a look at the Walking Dead thread.

Again go fuck yourself. And happy trolling. Clearly you enjoy getting a rise out of people.

agreed. its getting stupid

ComeNFrmTheCold 06-16-2011 07:18 AM

Not reading any of this as I just DLed the first nine episodes and am only on episode three, but this show is fucking good.

fonzz41 06-16-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComeNFrmTheCold (Post 12685136)
Not reading any of this as I just DLed the first nine episodes and am only on episode three, but this show is fucking good.

Definitely DO NOT read ANY of this until you are all caught up! But look forward to chatting with you when you are. :thumbsup

clayj41 06-16-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComeNFrmTheCold (Post 12685136)

It only gets better.

THATEUS41 06-16-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 12685804)
Definitely DO NOT read ANY of this until you are all caught up! But look forward to chatting with you when you are. :thumbsup

Thank you! Now relay that message to Pouty Jimi.

clayj41 06-16-2011 10:56 AM

This is phenomenal:

http://collider.com/8-bit-version-ga...s-theme/96796/

Haiku Jimi 06-16-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THATEUS41 (Post 12686048)
Thank you! Now relay that message to Pouty Jimi.

Dude :lol He was saying that to someone who has not seen any of the episodes.

What don't you realize about the books being ahead of the episodes? Can you go back to lurking now?

fonzz41 06-16-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiku Jimi (Post 12686085)
Dude :lol He was saying that to someone who has not seen any of the episodes.

What don't you realize about the books being ahead of the episodes? Can you go back to lurking now?

:thumbsup

To those following the shows and still catching up on the books, I'm interested in knowing your thoughts, to see if they were on par with mine after I originally read the events that were shown in last week's episodes... Predictions on the next step? Where do the Starks go from here? The Lannisters? Expect anything big from any particular character?

Remember, my fellow book readers, don't spoil it! Or, if you do, put spoilers of course :cool (hopefully we've shot that dead horse enough times)

maxpower00044 06-16-2011 12:18 PM

Here's a spoiler everyone can read (I promise):

wnderwoman 06-16-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpower00044 (Post 12686346)
Here's a spoiler everyone can read (I promise):

He's having a little time out, not playing well with others.

maxpower00044 06-16-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnderwoman (Post 12686373)

Kudos to you. I hope you didn't wrap the Golden Lasso too tight. ;)

zajDmB1 06-16-2011 02:42 PM

Just cuz I feel like putting in my two cents, I don't think we should allow spoilers at all. It's just pointless. I don't see why people feel the need to show off they know what happens. Most of the spoilers have been stupid shit like proving someone wrong who has only watched the show. Why do that? Just talk about it in the book thread.

smokew11 06-16-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnderwoman (Post 12686373)

thank you

mojo4395 06-16-2011 03:50 PM

There's been a few "spoiler" things said that were contrasting the book to the show. Those aren't about showing off. Those are about discussing the show and how it differs from the book. That's a perfectly reasonable use of the spoiler tag.

Julia Roberts 06-16-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajDmB1 (Post 12686909)
Just cuz I feel like putting in my two cents, I don't think we should allow spoilers at all. It's just pointless. I don't see why people feel the need to show off they know what happens. Most of the spoilers have been stupid shit like proving someone wrong who has only watched the show. Why do that? Just talk about it in the book thread.

I don't know if you are talking about me. I don't know who in this thread has read the books and who hasn't. I wrongly assumed that only people that had read the books would click a spoiler, but I won't do that again. I love the story and don't want to ruin it for anyone. I am not trying to show off, I thought I could discuss this with others who had read the book. That other thread is crickets. And before you slap my hand again, yes I know, this isn't the place for such talk.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the next episode. After the big twist we saw in the last episode I can't remember what happens next in the book.

sdkelso 06-16-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajDmB1 (Post 12686909)

Uh, ya. The book thread, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist. I don't think people's intentions are to show off what they know - you'll lose that inclination when you graduate high school, buddy. People who post things that are spoilers to people that are caught up with the show simply want to discuss the story, which you, unfortunately, know little of. Keeping this in mind, I think it's rather pointless for people such as yourself to read spoilers that they know (or should assume, based on the nature of a spoiler) contain information that would take away from their enjoyment.

My god. It's a television show. Be responsible for what spoilers you open and stop taking it so god damn seriously.

sdkelso 06-16-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpower00044 (Post 12682047)
Damn it, I clicked that spoiler and saw just enough words to piss me off.

Huh, no kidding?

zajDmB1 06-16-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia Roberts (Post 12687677)
I don't know if you are talking about me. I don't know who in this thread has read the books and who hasn't. I wrongly assumed that only people that had read the books would click a spoiler, but I won't do that again. I love the story and don't want to ruin it for anyone. I am not trying to show off, I thought I could discuss this with others who had read the book. That other thread is crickets. And before you slap my hand again, yes I know, this isn't the place for such talk.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the next episode. After the big twist we saw in the last episode I can't remember what happens next in the book.

I don't know who it was and I don't feel like backreading but I remember 2 or 3 of the spoilers people complained about was someone saying something like "oh, I can't wait to see what happens with this person" or "I hope this person does this." and then someone comes in with a "well, blah blah blah just wait until spoiler spoiler." :lol I guess my main issue is, isn't there 4 or 5 books out? Isn't there a lot more to talk about then 9 episodes of the show?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdkelso (Post 12687841)
Uh, ya. The book thread, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist. I don't think people's intentions are to show off what they know - you'll lose that inclination when you graduate high school, buddy. People who post things that are spoilers to people that are caught up with the show simply want to discuss the story, which you, unfortunately, know little of. Keeping this in mind, I think it's rather pointless for people such as yourself to read spoilers that they know (or should assume, based on the nature of a spoiler) contain information that would take away from their enjoyment.

My god. It's a television show. Be responsible for what spoilers you open and stop taking it so god damn seriously.

Well, like I said in the last two sentences up there, shouldn't there be much more to talk about with 4 books as opposed to 9 eps?

Also, I'm 25, nice try on insulting me as a high schooler. Better luck next time! And, I don't read any of the spoilers but half the 11 pages in this thread are people complaining about them. Seems to be a theme, no?

And lastly, yes it's a show. You seem to have flipped out at me much more than anyone else did at anything.