Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Coffin On 2021 Tour... (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354643)

DaveHead77 12-11-2020 08:34 AM

Coffin On 2021 Tour...

So Jeff was on a local Nashville sports radio station of all things as he’s good friends with one of the hosts and during the interview, he stated that if all goes well, they have preliminary plans to be on the road by June 2021. They also mentioned that they have a somewhat firm date to play in Milwaukee, I’m assuming Summerfest, in July. So take that for what it’s worth...

dontdrink36 12-11-2020 08:47 AM

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

Good news, lets hope all goes well and this actually happens

DaveHead77 12-11-2020 08:54 AM

I didn’t even bother to look to see if they had tour dates up on their official website, until now, and they already do. So I guess this is not new news after all. Really surprised they would put dates up, and multiple multiple dates up, when it’s not even guaranteed that they will come to fruition....

dontdrink36 12-11-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveHead77 (Post 17850314)
I didn’t even bother to look to see if they had tour dates up on their official website, until now, and they already do. So I guess this is not new news after all. Really surprised they would put dates up, and multiple multiple dates up, when it’s not even guaranteed that they will come to fruition....

The dates have been up for months. They had to secure them when it became obvious this year was a wash. It also makes sense to secure sales as early as possible and hold onto to money from people with 20 tickets for the corresponding 21 show.

DoDaFoo 12-11-2020 09:07 AM

Those dates have been up since May when they rescheduled the entire 2020 tour for 2021.

crashintonickdm 12-11-2020 10:13 AM

If this doesn’t improve by leaps and bounds I can’t see how concerts happen next year

Hoping I’m wrong tho. I miss normal living.

greyant2 12-11-2020 10:23 AM

It seems like Jeff is being very optimistic, but it's still good to hear. I think the early June shows at Mohegan Sun will definitely be cancelled though as they are indoors.

snake911 12-11-2020 11:48 AM

I think its overly optimistic that we will have enough of the population vaccinated and back to in person concerts by June. But I'd love to see it happen, I really miss in person performing arts.

DoDaFoo 12-11-2020 12:36 PM

I really think the June and July shows will get canceled/rescheduled and the tour will end up starting at the Gorge (I think Vancouver ends up canceled too).

WidespreadMule3 12-11-2020 12:46 PM

LiveNation President said in an interview this week that they fully plan to move forward with all the concerts on the books for summer 2021. They have several things in place (ie vaccine proof, negative test, etc.) so I'm starting to wonder if we might actually have some summer tours.

I'll be honest, June seems like it might be a stretch, but August on I fully expect to happen. But everything I've read points to anyone and everyone who wants a vaccine can have one by June at the latest. Seems like it'd be easy to turn someone away from attending an event if they can't show proof of vaccine or a negative covid test. My perception is that maybe you don't have to have 70% of the population vaccinated, but if you have 90-100% of a performance vaccinated, it's essentially the same thing as a mini-herd immunity.

Read several editorials from psychologists who think once vaccines start getting rolled out and people see other people getting them there's going to be a mad dash to get vaccinated. It's going to be a major swing of the pendulum. The rich will pay exorbitant prices under the table to get them and places will struggle to meet demand. I don't know if I believe that, but it'd be kinda nice in a way.

somuchtoplay 12-11-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 (Post 17850528)
LiveNation President said in an interview this week that they fully plan to move forward with all the concerts on the books for summer 2021. They have several things in place (ie vaccine proof, negative test, etc.) so I'm starting to wonder if we might actually have some summer tours.

I'll be honest, June seems like it might be a stretch, but August on I fully expect to happen. But everything I've read points to anyone and everyone who wants a vaccine can have one by June at the latest. Seems like it'd be easy to turn someone away from attending an event if they can't show proof of vaccine or a negative covid test. My perception is that maybe you don't have to have 70% of the population vaccinated, but if you have 90-100% of a performance vaccinated, it's essentially the same thing as a mini-herd immunity.

Read several editorials from psychologists who think once vaccines start getting rolled out and people see other people getting them there's going to be a mad dash to get vaccinated. It's going to be a major swing of the pendulum. The rich will pay exorbitant prices under the table to get them and places will struggle to meet demand. I don't know if I believe that, but it'd be kinda nice in a way.

Could also see it playing out that once the nursing home residents and health care workers/first responders are taken care of, the rest of us will be able to choose our own appetite for risk. I have been very wrong about a lot of things, so i dont really know, but i think money will ultimately win out.

podiumboy 12-11-2020 02:32 PM

That’s good to hear. At some point they need to press ahead, and I hope they do it.

SoCalDMBLover 12-11-2020 08:20 PM

I think June is a bit optimistic. I don't see vaccine becoming available to the general public until at least April. And a couple of the vaccines require 2 shots spaced 3 weeks apart.

I tend to agree with others who say Labor Day weekend at the earliest. Though that would disenfranchise everyone with tickets everywhere else. Not sure they would want that.

Perhaps an extensive Fall & Winter arenas tour.

tyler3440 12-11-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 (Post 17850528)

You know those crazy MFers going nuts shopping on Black Friday. That will be me in April if the vaccine will allow me to go to dmb/phish/wsp in 2021.

Just kidding, but damn I really want concerts back bad.

podiumboy 12-12-2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 17850797)
You know those crazy MFers going nuts shopping on Black Friday. That will be me in April if the vaccine will allow me to go to dmb/phish/wsp in 2021.

Just kidding, but damn I really want concerts back bad.

My feeling is that if it's open, I'll go. I'll put on a mask and do whatever else I'm supposed to do, I have no problem following the rules. But if come summer the shows go on, I will do whatever I need to do to ensure that I can go. Vaccine, chip in my brain, whatever.

ISawTheBridge10 12-12-2020 08:02 AM

I forgot about Jeff and read the title thinking “Nail in the coffin 2021 tour”

Cscottrun 12-12-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 17850371)
If this doesn’t improve by leaps and bounds I can’t see how concerts happen next year

Hoping I’m wrong tho. I miss normal living.

No info, but I'm thinking absolute best case scenario, second half of the tour is salvaged. Most likely scenario though, my guess, is the tour is completely scrapped or maybe a few one offs like the Gorge.

WidespreadMule3 12-12-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17850906)
No info, but I'm thinking absolute best case scenario, second half of the tour is salvaged. Most likely scenario though, my guess, is the tour is completely scrapped or maybe a few one offs like the Gorge.

I don't understand this. Explain to me why best case scenario is things don't follow the plans that have been outlined by Fauci and the military leaders in charge of vaccine distribution? And you have Live Nation's President, the top guy in charge, literally saying "yeah these are happening."

Sense this pandemic started people have been saying "oh there's no way we'll have a vaccine for five years" and look where we are. Nine months later we have a vaccine. Things are progressing much quicker than anyone ever expected.

Cscottrun 12-12-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 (Post 17850978)
I don't understand this. Explain to me why best case scenario is things don't follow the plans that have been outlined by Fauci and the military leaders in charge of vaccine distribution? And you have Live Nation's President, the top guy in charge, literally saying "yeah these are happening."

Sense this pandemic started people have been saying "oh there's no way we'll have a vaccine for five years" and look where we are. Nine months later we have a vaccine. Things are progressing much quicker than anyone ever expected.

I hope you are right. I think there's a multitude of reasons why, even if the vaccine is widely available by April, concerts will still be delayed or cancelled until later in the year or the following year. My biggest concern is that each state is going to regulate things differently; which is going to require a ton of work from livenation. Obviously, the best case scenario is no restrictions at all throughout the United States and livenation continues business as is normal, but if the vaccine is going to become widely available in April, I think its reasonable to assume certain restrictions continue beyond then.

One of the other things to take into account is that apparently, we are still unsure whether the vaccines precludes transmission of the virus. And they are still unsure whether the vaccine will be safe for young children. Yes, things are definitely moving along quickly but I am keeping my expectations reasonable.

RiotAct 12-12-2020 12:31 PM

Safety above all. No one will want to be the bad guy and be the first to hold a large event, unless case count nationwide is near zero. Just being realistic.

sean52692 12-12-2020 01:17 PM

Ain't a snowballs chance in hell you clowns are getting a 2021 tour.

prdstmnky36 12-12-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 17851057)
Ain't a snowballs chance in hell you clowns are getting a 2021 tour.

:lol. This will never get old

SoCalDMBLover 12-13-2020 09:36 AM

Of course Live Nation is saying the show will go on. They will wait until the last possible day they can before announcing any cancellations/postponements.

America is usually an optimistic, best scenario kind of nation.

Then we act like IDIOTS, and don't do the things necessary to create that best case scenario.

Looking at 40% of the country, I see little chance this pandemic will be diminished enough to allow for concerts until Late Summer at the earliest.

I could see some acts, although probably not DMB, being able to perform dates overseas. But don't expect Live Nation to start cancelling shows until at least April/May.

Dannyyankou 12-13-2020 11:21 AM

Not only will there be a natural decline in virus activity in the spring, but with the vaccine, I’ll be shocked if there aren’t concerts by June. Maybe they’ll cancel the first half, but then have a winter tour.

dontdrink36 12-13-2020 06:49 PM

I think a lot of employers will require a vaccine of its employees when it becomes available. That'll solve the issue of people not wanting to get it.

podiumboy 12-15-2020 02:36 PM

Was perusing the Rolling Stones fan forum iorr.org. Apparently the trucking company that they work with posted that they are working on routing and logistics for late spring/early summer for the Stones rescheduled tour.

The Stones have not yet announced rescheduled dates of their 2020 N.A. tour. So take that for what it's worth. I think with vaccines in play, the concert industry is going to start to push for itself to exist again. Gimme the vaccine, put my mask on, and let me into those shows!!

WidespreadMule3 12-15-2020 02:58 PM

Last night on the ABC special about the vaccine Fauci said the vaccine would be widely available late March/early April. Sounds like the timeline is moving up some. If we have 810 million vaccines ordered, and all are on a path to be approved as scheduled, I'm starting to lean more and more into we might actually have concerts this summer. I hate this feeling of optimism because it hurts so much worse when things don't pan out.

TypicalBilly14 12-15-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 (Post 17852812)
Last night on the ABC special about the vaccine Fauci said the vaccine would be widely available late March/early April. Sounds like the timeline is moving up some. If we have 810 million vaccines ordered, and all are on a path to be approved as scheduled, I'm starting to lean more and more into we might actually have concerts this summer. I hate this feeling of optimism because it hurts so much worse when things don't pan out.

what about the religious exemption route to avoid vaccines and trying to attend concerts?

podiumboy 12-16-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17852948)
what about the religious exemption route to avoid vaccines and trying to attend concerts?

I'm sure there will be all kinds of exemptions. Lots of people will do whatever they can to avoid getting the vaccine, if it is in fact required to do certain things (Work in person, ride an airplane, attend a concert). Our 2020 Disney trip got postponed until next June, so I'm hoping we can get the vaccine in time to get on the plane!

Gene Parmesan 12-16-2020 11:07 AM

Once a vaccine is widely available, like available at Walgreens, the risk is determined by the consumer. I'd be fine going to a concert as long as I have the opportunity to be vaccinated, I don't expect the whole place to be. There are many smaller shows in smaller venues going on around here already. So if anyone can get one in April, I see little reason to think there can't be shows in June.