Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Expecting/Baby Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233760)

cryfreedom4136 10-15-2008 05:42 PM

Expecting/Baby Thread

1 Attachment(s)
It seems like there have been a bunch of baby-related/announcement on ants so I thought this thread was appropriate.

My wife and I recently found out we were expecting, we had the first ultrasound last night and it was pretty amazing. I wasn't expecting to be able to see much of anything, but we could see the little guy moving around and we could see the heart beating.

Thought this could be a good central place for people the share news/tips/etc...

john baptiste 10-15-2008 05:50 PM

Re: Expecting/Baby Thread

congratulations!

this is our second month actively trying to get pregs. i hope it happens soon. we're both teachers, so we're getting close to missing out on the "perfect timing" -- having the baby at the beginning of the summer.

cryfreedom4136 10-15-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john baptiste (Post 8348397)
congratulations!

this is our second month actively trying to get pregs. i hope it happens soon. we're both teachers, so we're getting close to missing out on the "perfect timing" -- having the baby at the beginning of the summer.

Good luck, it is important to stay patient. We started trying in about March/April-ish, but my wife has been off the pill since last September, it took a long time for her to get back to normal after going off it.

She is a teacher too so it will end up working almost perfectly, she is due on 5/21 and her 8th graders graduate a couple days after that... she will miss about 2 weeks with her 7th graders

Roi Is Saxy 10-15-2008 05:57 PM

thats awesome! congrats

john baptiste 10-15-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryfreedom4136 (Post 8348409)
Good luck, it is important to stay patient. We started trying in about March/April-ish, but my wife has been off the pill since last September, it took a long time for her to get back to normal after going off it.

She is a teacher too so it will end up working almost perfectly, she is due on 5/21 and her 8th graders graduate a couple days after that... she will miss about 2 weeks with her 7th graders

nice. my wife went right back to normal the month after she went off the pill, so we're hoping that's a good sign.

are you going to find out if your kid has a weiner before it's go time?

cryfreedom4136 10-15-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john baptiste (Post 8348423)
nice. my wife went right back to normal the month after she went off the pill, so we're hoping that's a good sign.

are you going to find out if your kid has a weiner before it's go time?

If she went right back to normal you should be in good shape. We got pregnant almost immediately after she got back to normal... I know there is some vitamin called "Fertilaid" or something like that which is supposed to help. Its not a drug or anything like that so you don't have to worry about having 15 babies with it, its just like a regular vitamin...

No, we are going to be suprised. Thats like the first question that everyone asks.

john baptiste 10-15-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryfreedom4136 (Post 8348432)
If she went right back to normal you should be in good shape. We got pregnant almost immediately after she got back to normal... I know there is some vitamin called "Fertilaid" or something like that which is supposed to help. Its not a drug or anything like that so you don't have to worry about having 15 babies with it, its just like a regular vitamin...

No, we are going to be suprised. Thats like the first question that everyone asks.

i always tease my wife because i would LOVE to have like triplets or quadruplets or just something that would totally change our lives. obviously we would be in WAY over our heads, but i think it would be great.

when my wife gets pregnant, we don't want to find out either. it's not that big of a deal to either of us, but we kind of want to torture everyone else ;)

my wife was reading about gDiapers today. they're biodegradable. sound pretty cool. i don't have a link, just google it.

cryfreedom4136 10-15-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john baptiste (Post 8348453)
i always tease my wife because i would LOVE to have like triplets or quadruplets or just something that would totally change our lives. obviously we would be in WAY over our heads, but i think it would be great.

when my wife gets pregnant, we don't want to find out either. it's not that big of a deal to either of us, but we kind of want to torture everyone else ;)

my wife was reading about gDiapers today. they're biodegradable. sound pretty cool. i don't have a link, just google it.

My wife has been going nuts about learning as much as possible about everything... she has been reading EVERYTHING she can get her hands on, mostly pregnancy stuff at this point she doesn't want to get too far ahead yet.

The only person who has been upset that we aren't going to find out is my sister-in-law... really the only hard part about not knowing the sex is painting the room

41ravens 10-16-2008 07:36 AM

i guess this is as good a place as any to spill the beans...

my wife and i are expecting #2 in april. our daughter will be 2 in november and we wanted to keep them close, so we started trying in july. we're excited about it. yes, we're going to find out the sex. no, we don't care if it's a boy or a girl. a boy would be cool, that way we get to experience raising both, but all we really care about is that it's healthy.

41ravens 10-16-2008 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryfreedom4136 (Post 8348485)
My wife has been going nuts about learning as much as possible about everything... she has been reading EVERYTHING she can get her hands on, mostly pregnancy stuff at this point she doesn't want to get too far ahead yet.

The only person who has been upset that we aren't going to find out is my sister-in-law... really the only hard part about not knowing the sex is painting the room

my wife was the same way with our first one. just get used to hearing, "did you know that if we do ______, ______ could happen to the baby!" she read everything possible. also, if she hasn't read "what to expect when you're expecting" yet, don't let her. it should basically be titled, "what you can't do while you're pregnant and the thousands of ways you can hurt your baby". that book is a nightmare.

mp3ray 10-16-2008 07:41 AM

I would love to have kids after I get married, but financially I have no idea how we would do it :(

sunshower 10-16-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41ravens (Post 8351672)

my wife and i are expecting #2 in april. our daughter will be 2 in november and we wanted to keep them close, so we started trying in july. we're excited about it. yes, we're going to find out the sex. no, we don't care if it's a boy or a girl. a boy would be cool, that way we get to experience raising both, but all we really care about is that it's healthy.

Congrats, Adam!!! :bounce

Congrats to all the Ants Mamas and Papas.

bigeyefish22 10-16-2008 07:51 AM

this could be the best thread on ants.

Im surrounded by pregnancies. Im 26, have a gf of like 8 years, but we are nowhere close to having kids. However, our 3 good couple-friends, all married, all in their 30s, are set to have kids late Dec., mid Jan. and late Feb. Its pure craziness, but its pretty fun. I cant wait to just make the rounds and help out/enjoy the new lives. My sister also has a 9-month old, but shes in another city. I see them quite a bit though. GREAT kid.

Anyway, I love this stuff. Congratulations y'all! Good luck.

Hudak-Budak 10-16-2008 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41ravens (Post 8351672)

Congrats, big guy. I'm hoping for the best for you two.

jmudmbphan 10-16-2008 08:01 AM

ehhh...babies, and thinking about having babies makes me incredibly nervous.

secretlysmiling 10-16-2008 08:02 AM

Yay babies!!

Andy and I will probably wait a year or so after we get married to have kids. We're not even engaged yet, so we've got some time.

sunshower 10-16-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmudmbphan (Post 8351839)

Ditto. My little monthly reminder that I'm not pregnant is very reassuring.

41ravens 10-16-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshower (Post 8351718)
Congrats, Adam!!! :bounce

Congrats to all the Ants Mamas and Papas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudak-Budak (Post 8351825)
Congrats, big guy. I'm hoping for the best for you two.

thanks, leedak!

sunshower 10-16-2008 08:07 AM

OMG please no.

gregory311 10-16-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmudmbphan (Post 8351839)

Thank you. I am not alone.

SoRight24 10-16-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41ravens (Post 8351875)
thanks, leedak!

:lol:lol

gregory311 10-16-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshower (Post 8351881)
OMG please no.

Hey, did you check out that website I sent you?

41ravens 10-16-2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshower (Post 8351881)
OMG please no.

:lol too late.

dmbgodagirl41 10-16-2008 08:11 AM

I'm available for baby sitting. 50 bucks an hour under 3. If they can poop by themselves and talk, 10 an hour.

sunshower 10-16-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregory311 (Post 8351893)
Hey, did you check out that website I sent you?

I did! The pug was cute. :) Sorry, I've been insanely busy at work and I must have forgotten to reply.

sunshower 10-16-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41ravens (Post 8351898)
:lol too late.

<-----------------

Pepper is showing you what she thinks of your remark.

william.hosking 10-16-2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbgodagirl41 (Post 8351907)
I'm available for baby sitting. 50 bucks an hour under 3. If they can poop by themselves and talk, 10 an hour.

PAH-LEEZ.!

You'd be paying ME to watch Bear.

Although it would be nice to have a babysitter that I wasn't worried about bringing any guys over to the house.;):lol

dmbgodagirl41 10-16-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william.hosking (Post 8351935)
PAH-LEEZ.!

You'd be paying ME to watch Bear.

Although it would be nice to have a babysitter that I wasn't worried about bringing any guys over to the house.;):lol

I only had a guy show up at a house I was baby sitting at ONCE...but it was a day-time gig, and I was watching 4 little boys. My friend came over to play kickball with us in the yard.

Night-time, hell no! That's for making fun dinner, and doing arts and crafts.

william.hosking 10-16-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbgodagirl41 (Post 8351940)
I only had a guy show up at a house I was baby sitting at ONCE...but it was a day-time gig, and I was watching 4 little boys. My friend came over to play kickball with us in the yard.

Night-time, hell no! That's for making fun dinner, and doing arts and crafts.

Ummmm....Bear is in bed by 7:30. :shrug

dmbgodagirl41 10-16-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william.hosking (Post 8351950)
Ummmm....Bear is in bed by 7:30. :shrug

Dinner at 5, coloring at 6, bath time at 7, story time at 7:30. Sleepy time shortly after.

GOD.