Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

Cscottrun 03-31-2020 06:54 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

We should try to get the Vegas showed played.

imnothingman 04-01-2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daspfund22 (Post 17670330)
Also says Dave’s “live from home” performance can be heard in full Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT, Thursday at 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT, Friday at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, and through the weekend...so we have that to look forward to

so... correct me if I'm wrong.. but is Dave "live from home" the 'DMB Concert' this Friday night?

Madnana 04-01-2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 17670266)
Don't know why it's unlikely. Last spring they played a bunch of Europe shows that were never broadcasted, and during the hiatus in August, and even after the summer tour ended, they played new shows.

Yes, but those were planned in advance. Sirius knew they'd have to play pre-recorded live concerts on those weeks, so they obviously recorded a few extra shows to choose from. Unless they have complete access to the band's archive (which is certainly possible, but seemingly unlikely) or recorded A LOT of extra shows last year, we're most likely in for a whole slew of repeats.

It should be mentioned that Ch. 176 was supposed to be one of the MLB play-by-play channels which they obviously don't need for baseball right now. My best guess is that Sirius decided at the last minute to bring back DMB Radio a little early this year to fill in for an otherwise blank channel. Therefore, I think they will have very little in terms of new content (at least for now).

Quote:

Originally Posted by daspfund22 (Post 17670329)
Any shows w/ less Ari in between songs would be great haha

Amen to that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnothingman (Post 17670668)
so... correct me if I'm wrong.. but is Dave "live from home" the 'DMB Concert' this Friday night?

That's how I read it.

Cscottrun 04-01-2020 10:32 AM

Does anyone know which songs were released on video from Dave's Sirius performance? On Sirius' website, they have Sam Cop, Bartender, Grey Street, So Damn Lucky and I'll Back You Up. They also have the full Howard Stern interview and separate videos for each performance on his show.

Cscottrun 04-01-2020 10:32 AM

Also, I messaged Ari Fink yesterday (he answered) and I told him to play the Vegas show.

flames_theman 04-01-2020 11:30 AM

I see and can listen to the station on the app but can’t access it in my vehicle as of now

bausty 04-01-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames_theman (Post 17670800)
I see and can listen to the station on the app but can’t access it in my vehicle as of now

Your model of receiver may not be able to access the channel number or you can try to refresh your signal?

flames_theman 04-01-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bausty (Post 17670923)
Your model of receiver may not be able to access the channel number or you can try to refresh your signal?

How does one refresh there signal?

bausty 04-01-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames_theman (Post 17670929)
How does one refresh there signal?

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefr...#/refreshradio

You'll need to know your radio id number which you can find on channel 0

dmbclstj2 04-01-2020 01:12 PM

Stay (Studio)
Granny (Studio)
Crush - Live - 7.5.19 Alpine

so far... and yes I am slightly bored

mHeiser92 04-01-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 (Post 17670938)
Stay
Granny

Came here to post this...

+2

:lol

Pottsy 04-01-2020 01:13 PM

Did they play studio Granny in previous years?

BruceW 04-01-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 (Post 17670938)
Stay (Studio)
Granny (Studio)
Crush - Live - 7.5.19 Alpine

not sure what you expected them to play...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsy (Post 17670940)
Did they play studio Granny in previous years?

yes.

dmbclstj2 04-01-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 17670990)
not sure what you expected them to play...?

yes.

Not expecting anything, just as i mentioned bored and figured I see how this debut lines up with last years.

BruceW 04-01-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 (Post 17671012)
Not expecting anything, just as i mentioned bored and figured I see how this debut lines up with last years.

does it bore you because you're wanting something you've never heard before, or a specific version of something you love?

That's what I'd listen to it for. I wouldn't be a daily DMB Radio listener, so I'm jw

mquerques92 04-01-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 17671025)
does it bore you because you're wanting something you've never heard before, or a specific version of something you love?

That's what I'd listen to it for. I wouldn't be a daily DMB Radio listener, so I'm jw

I think he means he's bored which is why he's taking the time to write down the tracklist for a radio station. Not that he's bored by what they're playing

Whiteyxc514 04-01-2020 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a very very minor thing, but it always feels a little misleading when they don't have the complete metadata for a song. Like this example attached. 3.26.94 makes it seem like it could be some unreleased exclusive, while it's actually from a DMBLive Irving Plaza release. https://davematthewsband.shop.musict...p=1_5575_15755

It happens with some of the official releases too (ex. Live at Luther shows up at Decorah, IA - 2.6.96) but at least in those situations the album art is included. Because no one is referring to Live at Luther as Decorah, IA, 2.6.96.

Again, very minor thing that most of the target listener base would not notice or pay attention to, except for the many of us with extensive OCD iTunes collections of live releases. :lol

Whiteyxc514 04-01-2020 02:33 PM

I should add, I'm very glad they're digging further into the DMB Live collection, and some other "less mainstream" live releases. The first summer was basically just what's available on regular streaming services. It's much improved in the last two cycles.

illinifan 04-01-2020 03:36 PM

I needed a reminder how bad Seek Up is these days. RR should make that HIS bathroom tune.

dmbclstj2 04-01-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mquerques92 (Post 17671029)
I think he means he's bored which is why he's taking the time to write down the tracklist for a radio station. Not that he's bored by what they're playing

This......

dmbclstj2 04-01-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 17671109)
I needed a reminder how bad Seek Up is these days. RR should make that HIS bathroom tune.

Too bad you feel that way. I think its a Top 5 4.0 tune.

BruceW 04-01-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mquerques92 (Post 17671029)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 (Post 17671111)
This......

:lol got it sorry about the confusion

WidespreadMule3 04-01-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 17671109)

I agree with you. It's a bore and is too long in it's current version. Needs to be closer to 12 min rather than 20.

lilant420 04-01-2020 05:52 PM

Am I the only one who is going to call SiriusXM and complain that I am (already) paying a charge for their service which is now free, for over a month? Hopefully my subscription ending next month pays off. haha

Dannyyankou 04-01-2020 06:54 PM

Play the Vegas show, but replace SUAD with the Tempe version haha. It doesn’t have the screwup after the first verse, and has an extended Jeff solo.

currupt3d** 04-01-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 (Post 17671113)
Too bad you feel that way. I think its a Top 5 4.0 tune.

It's too long and the intro is too noisy. Rashawn and Jeff need to chill the fuck out.

TheStone91 04-01-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by currupt3d** (Post 17671321)
It's too long and the intro is too noisy. Rashawn and Jeff need to chill the fuck out.

Haha, yea, this. I have no interest in 3.0 or 4.0 versions. Also the climax section really lacks nowadays because Dave’s vocals are kinda lifeless.

Hahninator 04-01-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17670753)
Also, I messaged Ari Fink yesterday (he answered) and I told him to play the Vegas show.

Vegas would be cool.

What 2019 shows don't have tapes? Dallas, Tinley Park, and West Valley City? Those should be priorities too, that's already 3 shows they could use.

pensfan71 04-01-2020 09:51 PM

Totally taking advantage of SiriusXM’s free service until next month. Listening to the Pay It Forward performance. Sweet was my favorite. I’m also oblivious to the features so I think it’s cool that you can pause the channel and pick it up hours later.

rmp207 04-01-2020 10:16 PM

Not Sirius radio but the local station played warehouse today which I thought was unusual. Nice surprise.