Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

bausty 03-10-2020 01:05 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

The Billy Joel channel became another holiday channel for the season. Since that ended it has been a weird collection of top 1000 countdowns, most recently country. As of today it is the "superstar concert series" playing someones concert for 24 hours straight. They will be replaying the Dave solo garage show on 3/14, this channel ends on 3/24 with Phish. 3/25 and beyond I cannot see.

dmbwadeo 03-12-2020 04:06 AM

I just heard a commercial on 90s on 0 that on Saturday all day on channel 30 they'll be playing exclusive DMB concerts from the Sirius vault. Not sure if that means over the years or just this past summer or what but Saturday all day channel 30.

bausty 03-12-2020 06:28 AM

"SiriusXM’s Superstar Concert Series channel will air one special concert, all day, on their respective broadcast date on channel 30."

3/14 Dave Matthews at The (SiriusXM) Garage 9/11/19, Los Angeles, CA

https://www.siriusxm.ca/sxm-to-showc...eries-channel/

Minimal effort and infinite repeats - this is the sirius way.

Personally I think channel 30 is destined to become the U2 channel but it is weird that they aren't pumping that launch quite like they were after the initial announcement.

Pottsy 03-30-2020 03:17 PM

Hey, I just heard on Alt Nation that DMB radio is back this Wednesday at noon eastern, 9 pacific! Dave cut the promo himself (“You talked, we listened,...”)

antsdmb 03-30-2020 03:27 PM

Just came here to post this. Heard the same ad!

jenhen27 03-30-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsy (Post 17669838)
Hey, I just heard on Alt Nation that DMB radio is back this Wednesday at noon eastern, 9 pacific! Dave cut the promo himself (“You talked, we listened,...”)

Guess everyone with a car subscription will be upgrading to the all access since most of us no longer drive anywhere.

specialkd24 03-30-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenhen27 (Post 17669918)
Guess everyone with a car subscription will be upgrading to the all access since most of us no longer drive anywhere.

I don't think you need all-access to have streaming. I had it when I had mainly music (I have AA now, but that was the promotion they gave me when I called in to "cancel" last time).

Madnana 03-31-2020 02:26 AM

Okay, but why? The only thing worth listening to on this channel was the Friday Night Concert Series. There aren't going to be any live concerts anytime soon, so I bet they'll just re-run the same old shows from last year.

AllifromOhio 03-31-2020 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenhen27 (Post 17669918)

I think everyone is included in the app now. I had car only and around this time last year I was allowed to use the app as well.

nick997k 03-31-2020 06:06 AM

I don't believe it unless I get an email/press release from the band, or hear it on the radio myself.

Also, tomorrow is April Fools day...so tread lightly on any crazy band news tomorrow.

Moose Thompson 03-31-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllifromOhio (Post 17670033)
I think everyone is included in the app now. I had car only and around this time last year I was allowed to use the app as well.

Yup, this. Pretty sure they added streaming to all accounts late last year. They must have figured out they needed to compete with Apple Music and Spotify to keep people paying in their cars.

mHeiser92 03-31-2020 07:05 AM

Which channel is it going to be on? Looking at the schedule I just see Billy Joel and others on Ch. 30

Pottsy 03-31-2020 07:50 AM

I forget the exact number that was on the display when the promo played, but it was definitely something different than previous. I want to say it was 176? Definitely in that higher number area

flames_theman 03-31-2020 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mHeiser92 (Post 17670103)
Which channel is it going to be on? Looking at the schedule I just see Billy Joel and others on Ch. 30

I saw someone on Facebook say channel 176 which for some reason doesn’t seem like it’s available in my vehicle unless it magically appears tomorrow

vaxarado 03-31-2020 07:58 AM

SiriusXM is now free to access until May 15th:

https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free...0-03_NA_SXIRFL

Crash1983 03-31-2020 08:18 AM

officially announced on dmb IG for tomorrow, friday night concert series back also, hope its new stuff

Tomacco 03-31-2020 08:20 AM

Really hope the Friday night concert series are newly broadcasted shows.

cry_minarets458 03-31-2020 08:40 AM

maybe itll just be a live stream from his home each friday, since there won't be a tour

flames_theman 03-31-2020 08:41 AM

Is this through the app only or will it be available in vehicles?

TheLastPig 03-31-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 17670165)
Really hope the Friday night concert series are newly broadcasted shows.

Gonna say thats highly unlikely.

Best thing to wish for is maybe them playing some older LT's or DMBLive... but it will almost definitely just be random shows already played.

tyler3440 03-31-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17670186)

Best thing to wish for is maybe them playing some older LT's or DMBLive... but it will almost definitely just be random shows already played.

I could see them broadcasting the sbd one of the recent 2020 shows.

Hahninator 03-31-2020 09:17 AM

I'd appreciate if y'all could hit 'em up and request Dallas 2019 to broadcast. http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...160&where=2019

JTR due to the storm, Two Step -> Halloween encore.

ElijahSoRight72 03-31-2020 09:23 AM

They’ll have the high quality versions of the songs that Dave was recording with so we can get a very sweet sounding version of Windows.

Drock414 03-31-2020 09:41 AM

a replay from Hartford 2019 would be great without Ari talking all over it

bausty 03-31-2020 09:45 AM

I cant pin any sort of logic on it but I couldn't access certain numbers in my previous car. Even in my newer car I still cant get some of the channels. I just bt off my phone and can get any channel i want that way, I actually prefer the phone at this point since it lets me go back 1 hour and skip if I feel like it.

Tomacco 03-31-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17670186)

Don't know why it's unlikely. Last spring they played a bunch of Europe shows that were never broadcasted, and during the hiatus in August, and even after the summer tour ended, they played new shows.

lilant420 03-31-2020 11:11 AM

The app sucks!!!

daspfund22 03-31-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drock414 (Post 17670218)
a replay from Hartford 2019 would be great without Ari talking all over it

Any shows w/ less Ari in between songs would be great haha

daspfund22 03-31-2020 12:26 PM

Also says Dave’s “live from home” performance can be heard in full Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT, Thursday at 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT, Friday at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, and through the weekend...so we have that to look forward to

dahpissah 03-31-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daspfund22 (Post 17670330)
Also says Dave’s “live from home” performance can be heard in full Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT, Thursday at 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT, Friday at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, and through the weekend...so we have that to look forward to

You can download that on here.