Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

btpeters 03-26-2021 04:17 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPAC_Boy (Post 17922887)
:lol :lol :lol I searched back on this thread and have no idea what you do

:lol :lol

The people I'm drawing to respond to my posts in here are an interesting lot, that's for certain.

DaveHead77 03-26-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopia (Post 17922085)
Any chance someone has some cover art for these XM shows?

I see this is a RAR file? Unless somebody can give me some pointers, Iím having a lot of trouble getting ďtraders little helperď to decode these files to MP3?

earyck73 03-26-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPAC_Boy (Post 17922887)
:lol :lol :lol I searched back on this thread and have no idea what you do

Sorry BTpeters I wasn't paying attention. It wasn't you. You quoted someone else. Sorry about the confusion. This is part of what I read and thought you posted it ;

Originally Posted by ScottCavBBQ View Post
could be, id have to really do some research. i download every show but i dont keep them, i make 20-30 song best of summer mixes every year.

Thats what I was referring to Making mixes.

sean52692 03-27-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 17923006)
:lol :lol

The people I'm drawing to respond to my posts in here are an interesting lot, that's for certain.

I'm here for this. :lol:lol

KClaw 03-28-2021 08:07 PM

Holy 9-18-10 Two Step I just heard on SiriusXM!!

Utopia 03-29-2021 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KClaw (Post 17923648)

Nothing like a good olí TB intro to set the mood...

HonestDenver1 03-29-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KClaw (Post 17923648)

ya...I relistened to it last night...too fast and kind of out of control and sloppy...

HonestDenver1 03-29-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopia (Post 17923802)
Nothing like a good olí TB intro to set the mood...

I still will never understand timebomb leading into two step and then using the exact same lyrics from timebomb as the intro... They don't go together musically or lyrically at all.. I get Dave created the og lyrics to timebomb in a two step intro, but they have nothing to do with each other except they both have the same key...

And it's not like they did it a couple times. They did it dozens of times! I like both songs. I'm in the minority on Timebomb I know, but it's a good rock song with a lot of energy and pretty good lyrics.. I don't ever want or need them together again.

btpeters 03-29-2021 04:21 PM

Thereís no artistic reason as to why. Time Bomb intro stuck cuz it was easy. Plain and simple.

vkratliff 03-29-2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 (Post 17924064)
I still will never understand timebomb leading into two step and then using the exact same lyrics from timebomb as the intro... They don't go together musically or lyrically at all.. I get Dave created the og lyrics to timebomb in a two step intro, but they have nothing to do with each other except they both have the same key...

And it's not like they did it a couple times. They did it dozens of times! I like both songs. I'm in the minority on Timebomb I know, but it's a good rock song with a lot of energy and pretty good lyrics.. I don't ever want or need them together again.

This is exactly how I feel about it.

Love Time Bomb, love Two Step. Mixing them together (especially when they're being played back-to-back) is lazy and dumb.

watsonbriant 03-29-2021 10:18 PM

Anybody else in the camp of hating the Time Bomb song and liking the lyrics only as a Two Step intro?

Whiteyxc514 03-29-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watsonbriant (Post 17924430)
Anybody else in the camp of hating the Time Bomb song and liking the lyrics only as a Two Step intro?

I miss the two step improv intros.

comeandsee41 03-30-2021 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watsonbriant (Post 17924430)

this is a pretty widely accepted view point. Time Bomb stinks as an intro and as a song.

laststopdmb 03-30-2021 12:30 PM

Okay, I'm spoiled...who is going to remix the 2003 Alpine show? Please....pretty please?

djamieb 03-30-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laststopdmb (Post 17924694)
Okay, I'm spoiled...who is going to remix the 2003 Alpine show? Please....pretty please?

Hey, there! I checked out the Alpine '03 show to see if I could do something similar to what I did for the SPAC '04 show, but this one is beyond salvageable. It's actually distorted because they pushed the levels too much. I was pretty shocked with how poor the sound quality was, actually. But the fact that it was also clipping throughout makes it impossible. Total bummer. I hope Sirius doesn't do that again with future broadcasts.

HonestDenver1 03-30-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djamieb (Post 17924804)
Hey, there! I checked out the Alpine '03 show to see if I could do something similar to what I did for the SPAC '04 show, but this one is beyond salvageable. It's actually distorted because they pushed the levels too much. I was pretty shocked with how poor the sound quality was, actually. But the fact that it was also clipping throughout makes it impossible. Total bummer. I hope Sirius doesn't do that again with future broadcasts.

Ya. I'm not sure why they're so inconsistent. The 04 show was amazing as was the 96 D&T and a couple others. But the 2017 D&T show is pretty bad and so are a few of the more recent era shows... unless they're just working with what DMB gives them I'm not sure the process for this. Is it uncompressed recordings that then go through some kind of filter at XM causing it to clip? Or is the source material the issue?

Possibly why they didn't make a show like this into a live trax? It seems to get noticeably worse throughout the show. From If I had it all on, it becomes unlistenable to me.. The cymbals just clip all over the place. Unfortunate because it is a great show, but it's likely a tape is going to sound better.

Xcacel 03-30-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Bad news of the day

dmb31fan 03-30-2021 03:29 PM

Is there a way in the Sirius app to specifically listen to these shows if we missed them? I.e., if i want to listen to the 96 D&T show, is it similar to streaming live trax on spotify? Or is it only available when they broadcast them?

twostep665 03-30-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb31fan (Post 17924913)
Is there a way in the Sirius app to specifically listen to these shows if we missed them? I.e., if i want to listen to the 96 D&T show, is it similar to streaming live trax on spotify? Or is it only available when they broadcast them?

Yea in the app on the channel page click at the top. It'll bring you to a page that has like the past 9 broadcasts, plus some bonus materials.

dmb31fan 03-30-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twostep665 (Post 17924941)
Yea in the app on the channel page click at the top. It'll bring you to a page that has like the past 9 broadcasts, plus some bonus materials.

Cool, thanks!

paulg83 03-30-2021 04:22 PM

Anyone know what they'll be airing this friday 4/2?

laststopdmb 03-30-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

I can't say thank you enough for trying!!! Thanks again for what you did with SPAC '04! Maybe the next surprise old school show we get will be.

djamieb 03-30-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laststopdmb (Post 17925113)
I can't say thank you enough for trying!!! Thanks again for what you did with SPAC '04! Maybe the next surprise old school show we get will be.

Oh, you're very welcome!! Yeah, I would have loved to tackle that Alpine '03 one; was especially stoked for the broadcast because I was at that show. But maybe the future ones will be better. :thumbsup

Pottsy 03-31-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulg83 (Post 17924984)
Anyone know what they'll be airing this friday 4/2?

I saw 08.16.93 advertised as this Fridayís show. I wonder if itíll just be Live Trax 30, or the actual full show from the 16th?

Cptn. Monkeyman 03-31-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsy (Post 17925440)
I saw 08.16.93 advertised as this Fridayís show. I wonder if itíll just be Live Trax 30, or the actual full show from the 16th?

I'm assuming it will be LT30. When they aired 1.31.95 and 6.23.01, they just played the LTs (33 and 31, respectively)

I would be blown away if they air the full show from 8.16.93. LT30 is my favorite Live Trax, getting to hear one of the full shows would be unbelievable. I couldn't ask for more from Sirius.

Utopia 03-31-2021 11:26 AM

Anyone know if 5.31.17 that was aired back in September was ripped? I searched DT but couldn't find it (which isn't a shocker, because I've overlooked things in the past).

crashintonickdm 03-31-2021 11:27 AM

When did they play 6/23/01?

Crash1983 03-31-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopia (Post 17925489)
Anyone know if 5.31.17 that was aired back in September was ripped? I searched DT but couldn't find it (which isn't a shocker, because I've overlooked things in the past).

It was ripped and on DT a while back

Utopia 03-31-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash1983 (Post 17925568)
It was ripped and on DT a while back

Thanks, I actually found it on the front page. Didn't turn anything up when I tried to search.

paulg83 03-31-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pottsy (Post 17925440)

Awesome, thanks!