Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 10-10-2013 07:22 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Tim, Alfie looks great wearing a winged wheel, eh? :lol

fonzz41 10-10-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 14861144)
Holy shit I feel like Colorado is the fastest team alive

They are flying right now. Duchene's beast mode continues... Him beating Bergy for that final goal epitomizes the Avs season so far.

But Boston was not slouching tonight. Great game all around.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 14861266)
Wow Colorado acting likes pussies. Looch is gonna Looch

Landeskog absolutely did the smartest thing he could there.

aeroshady 10-10-2013 08:22 PM

Rangers need to fire their coach before I invest any money into tickets this season. Fucking embarrassing.

dmbetc 10-10-2013 08:26 PM

:lol What an embarrassment. Not the way I saw this season starting for them. I haven't had a chance to catch any of the game tonight but I will turn it on after watching another embarrassing NY team.

HallowBillies7 10-10-2013 08:28 PM

The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14861468)
They are flying right now. Duchene's beast mode continues... Him beating Bergy for that final goal epitomizes the Avs season so far.

But Boston was not slouching tonight. Great game all around.

Landeskog absolutely did the smartest thing he could there.

I'm not even going to argue with you haha. I thought the Avs looked awesome, fast teams kill the Bruins and that's exactly how they beat them.

As for the Lucic stuff, it was the heat of the moment and that's what he does when he's fired up. I said that in the heat of the moment too. Tuukka looked great, but I feel like we were outplayed by the end of the night. It was an awesome hockey game to watch just a shame we lost. Colorado has a great young team and they're going to tear it up this year. No hard feelings here, was an awesome game to watch.

Edit: I don't know if such a young team could make it to the finals or if the Bruins have the energy to make it, but wow I think that would be an amazing finals if they both made it there

~Crashintome89~ 10-10-2013 08:51 PM

I'll tell ya, I think the smartest thing Patrick Roy has done so far is try and kill Brucie.

aicdmb 10-10-2013 08:52 PM

Need 6 goals in this edm game ...cmon

Bernie41 10-10-2013 08:54 PM

It's so disheartening watching the Rangers. Two years ago they were one of the most difficult teams in the league to face because of their toughness. They honestly look to me like one of the softest teams I have ever seen. They've lost so much toughness and heart over the past 2 seasons. Part of this absolutley falls on Glen Sather.

bradshaw06 10-10-2013 08:56 PM

Rangers look good so far.

~Crashintome89~ 10-10-2013 09:10 PM

The Rangers screwed themselves when they traded for Nash. Dubinsky, even though he was having an off-year was a physical presence and pretty important in the locker room. Artem wasn't really a physical guy but played well for Torts and his system. Sather went all crazy because he felt the team was close and needed more of a scoring punch. Pretty much the Rangers rangered themselves by going out there and getting a high-priced player and giving up alot. After actually settling down and developing talent--Callahan, Stepan, even Kreider, they took a major step back.

lockman21 10-10-2013 09:21 PM

Just landed 2 free tickets 6 rows off the ice to the Hawks/Islanders.

I love living within walking distance to the UC and working for the company that owns the arena.

aeroshady 10-10-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14861659)
The Rangers screwed themselves when they traded for Nash. Dubinsky, even though he was having an off-year was a physical presence and pretty important in the locker room. Artem wasn't really a physical guy but played well for Torts and his system. Sather went all crazy because he felt the team was close and needed more of a scoring punch. Pretty much the Rangers rangered themselves by going out there and getting a high-priced player and giving up alot. After actually settling down and developing talent--Callahan, Stepan, even Kreider, they took a major step back.

Not sure I agree that Nash is to blame. I believe this falls 100% on coaching. They hired an offensive minded coach to take over a team that for the past five years has been built around a strong defense. The end result is a team that looks like they are going to be the worst team in the NHL by far this season.

Hank should demand a trade, he deserves to play for a cup.

lockman21 10-10-2013 09:55 PM

For you Matty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=eGAeGS2ftls

fonzz41 10-10-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 14861579)
I'm not even going to argue with you haha. I thought the Avs looked awesome, fast teams kill the Bruins and that's exactly how they beat them.

As for the Lucic stuff, it was the heat of the moment and that's what he does when he's fired up. I said that in the heat of the moment too. Tuukka looked great, but I feel like we were outplayed by the end of the night. It was an awesome hockey game to watch just a shame we lost. Colorado has a great young team and they're going to tear it up this year. No hard feelings here, was an awesome game to watch.

Edit: I don't know if such a young team could make it to the finals or if the Bruins have the energy to make it, but wow I think that would be an amazing finals if they both made it there

:hug It was indeed a great game. Two great teams playing to both their strengths. Bruins didn't play like a team that was getting shutout. They are so tight on the forecheck. Thankfully, the defensive responsibility of the Avs' forwards helped with that. Also, cool to note that the Avs have a 100% PK on the season.

Landeskog isn't one to shy away from physicality, so I thought he was going to take on Looch, and that scared me. Thankfully, Landy knew he would get his clock cleaned and did the smart thing. It worked, as Looch was really a non-factor the rest of the game, even after he came back from the ten minute misconduct.

I'll tell ya, I'm really afraid of what the Bruins are going to do once Iggy and Eriksson find their groove.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie41 (Post 14861630)
It's so disheartening watching the Rangers. Two years ago they were one of the most difficult teams in the league to face because of their toughness. They honestly look to me like one of the softest teams I have ever seen. They've lost so much toughness and heart over the past 2 seasons. Part of this absolutley falls on Glen Sather.

:thumbsup It's sad to see them not even trying out there. Go back and watch any of the goals scored on them and watch the legs of the defensemen. THEY ARE NOT MOVING. There is ZERO skating. Watch, for real (not just you, Bernie, I mean everyone :)). It's infuriating to just see them gliding out there, getting beat right and left. Marc Staal was particularly HORRIBLE, with Del Zotto not far behind. Just atrocious defense. They've completely given up, which has Hank trying to do too much, which of course leads to uncharacteristic mistakes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14861688)

I love seeing this again and again, thanks pal. Seriously, Super Joe can do no wrong. I love how he showed more emotion after sinking that hole in one than he did on any of his goals.

swordo84 10-11-2013 05:17 AM

Good god, if I make it through the whole year without an avatar change I demand a prize.

TMoore4075 10-11-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14861426)
Tim, Alfie looks great wearing a winged wheel, eh? :lol

Lavy and Bryz looking good in Philly eh? :D

Rebecca De Mornay 10-11-2013 05:33 AM

Nice road win for CBJ last night. Sabres are horrific.

I was realizing during the game that CBJ is a team that might want to go after Vanek.

TMoore4075 10-11-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 14861793)
Nice road win for CBJ last night. Sabres are horrific.

I was realizing during the game that CBJ is a team that might want to go after Vanek.

I happened to check the scores and saw 4-1 in the 2nd. Yeah they are bad.

So on the Thornton comments, I watched a clip on TSN and they were debating if the guy from the Vancouver Province should have posted those. Thoughts guys? I understand some of the media saying it was off the record and you hear stuff like that a lot, like a guy passing by and saying something but this seemed much more than that according to the guy who posted it. He said Thornton told a TSN reporter to shut up about the Hertl move and continued to engage the reporters. This doesn't seem to be a one liner in passing. Plus I also just like that he reported it because Joe's point was still clear, it's not a big deal.

salrx95 10-11-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14861673)
Not sure I agree that Nash is to blame. I believe this falls 100% on coaching. They hired an offensive minded coach to take over a team that for the past five years has been built around a strong defense. The end result is a team that looks like they are going to be the worst team in the NHL by far this season.

Hank should demand a trade, he deserves to play for a cup.

Nah, the Sabres have them beat for worst in the league. Rangers will figure things out and play better. They have too much talent not to. Of course, I'll relish any kind of struggle should it continue.

I agree with point about dumping guys like Dubinsky and even Prust, who gave that team a certain and made them tough to play against.

Of course, starting out on a 9 game road screws them, too.

~Crashintome89~ 10-11-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14861804)
I happened to check the scores and saw 4-1 in the 2nd. Yeah they are bad.

So on the Thornton comments, I watched a clip on TSN and they were debating if the guy from the Vancouver Province should have posted those. Thoughts guys? I understand some of the media saying it was off the record and you hear stuff like that a lot, like a guy passing by and saying something but this seemed much more than that according to the guy who posted it. He said Thornton told a TSN reporter to shut up about the Hertl move and continued to engage the reporters. This doesn't seem to be a one liner in passing. Plus I also just like that he reported it because Joe's point was still clear, it's not a big deal.

If it's off the record, it's off the record. Those are the rules.

But nowadays with the media being so cutthroat on the idea of "breaking news" and carving out a personality on Twitter, reporters/beat writers are going to do whatever it takes to climb the proverbial mountain--a line like that is a gold mine.

This kind of similiar to the question that Craig Berube faced after his first game as coach. Asked if he was going to punish Jay Rosehill, Berube turned sour and delivered the line, "What? Do you think I should spank him? Dumb question, get lost." The following morning, the writer had a scathing article on Berube's apparent lack of punishment for Rosehill, despite the fact that those things are done in house and another game hadn't been played yet.

I don't mind Thornton's comments. Freedom of speech, whatever. Obviously this is a little different from Avery's "sloppy seconds" comment where it was directed at another player and a civilian. Thornton's comment was just a silly answer to a question.

swordo84 10-11-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14861810)
Nah, the Sabres have them beat for worst in the league. Rangers will figure things out and play better. They have too much talent not to. Of course, I'll relish any kind of struggle should it continue.

I agree with point about dumping guys like Dubinsky and even Prust, who gave that team a certain and made them tough to play against.

Of course, starting out on a 9 game road screws them, too.

I challenge that assessment (see avatar).

TMoore4075 10-11-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14861824)

But nowadays with the media being so cutthroat on the idea of "breaking news" and carving out a personality on Twitter, reporters/beat writers are going to do whatever it takes to climb the proverbial mountain--a line like that is a gold mine.

This kind of similiar to the question that Craig Berube faced after his first game as coach. Asked if he was going to punish Jay Rosehill, Berube turned sour and delivered the line, "What? Do you think I should spank him? Dumb question, get lost." The following morning, the writer had a scathing article on Berube's apparent lack of punishment for Rosehill, despite the fact that those things are done in house and another game hadn't been played yet.

I don't mind Thornton's comments. Freedom of speech, whatever. Obviously this is a little different from Avery's "sloppy seconds" comment where it was directed at another player and a civilian. Thornton's comment was just a silly answer to a question.

The thing is do you think it was off the record? If it was just a passing comment then yeah. But when you get the attention of the entire media scrum and then continue to engage them...I dunno. I see both sides of it honestly. Either way, I'm glad they comments go released because everyone needed to realize how much of a big deal they were making out of nothing.

swordo84 10-11-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14861857)
The thing is do you think it was off the record? If it was just a passing comment then yeah. But when you get the attention of the entire media scrum and then continue to engage them...I dunno. I see both sides of it honestly. Either way, I'm glad they comments go released because everyone needed to realize how much of a big deal they were making out of nothing.

.....AND they were (are) hilarious!

mr.MikeD 10-11-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 14861771)
Good god, if I make it through the whole year without an avatar change I demand a prize.

I'm pretending I don't really care about hockey this season, have better things to focus on. It coping mechanism really.

fonzz41 10-11-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14861824)

Yeah, nothing is really "off the record" these days. With the internet, Twitter, ability to post things anonymously, etc., anything you say in front of a reporter will probably be documented somehow.

That being said, I'm fine with what Jumbo Joe said :lol

Rebecca De Mornay 10-11-2013 07:19 AM

You can basically already see what a cluster fuck the playoff race in the east is going to be :lol

swordo84 10-11-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 14861953)
I'm pretending I don't really care about hockey this season, have better things to focus on. It coping mechanism really.

Smart !

aeroshady 10-11-2013 07:52 AM

I think I know how Giants fans feel now. Knowing the season is pretty much a wash haha.

But really, I hope the Rangers turn this around quickly. Going 1-8 to start the season would be a death sentence for post season action I think.

HallowBillies7 10-11-2013 09:57 AM

My friend who was at the Bruins game last night said Marchand was in full chirping mode lol. I know most of you probably don't like the guy, but I just love it. Surprised the Avs kept their cool with him if he was really that bad.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-11-2013 10:06 AM

Marchand and Luccic are both top 10 pieces of shit in this league.