Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 03-01-2017 08:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16731629)
For a third? Eesh....

Holy shit that's nothing...

lockman21 03-01-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16731632)
For only a 3rd rounder? If that's all it is, how does Smith get you more than Vanek? Both UFA's so age really shouldn't be a factor. Past shitty playoff performances? Maybe time to hang them up KH.

Especially with the prices we've seen on other forwards.

This thing seemed to flip from a sellers to a buyers market REAL fast.

lockman21 03-01-2017 08:52 AM

OK, and Dylan McIlrath. That's something.

Edit: Not much, but something.

aeroshady 03-01-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731631)
What's depressing is that the NBA trade deadline was freakin' bonkers. I don't even follow the NBA too much, but even my jaw was nearly on the floor. This has just been lifeless.

Unless your a Caps fan.

As for the Rangers: I love Hank, but even I believe the days of him putting the team on his back and lifting them to the eastern conference finals are over. He can be a rock, but if the team continues to go 3 for 48 on the power play and has issues on the blueline, we are not going too far.

The Hawks are a great example of goaltending not meaning as much as we think. I like Crawford, but I don't consider him to be elite. Doesn't matter though, he is good enough because he has a great team in front of him. The Rangers have had a great goalie with an okay team. That formula just doesn't work as well.

TMoore4075 03-01-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731638)
OK, and Dylan McIlrath. That's something.

Edit: Not much, but something.

Mediocre prospect and a 3rd this year. Again so weird that he got a 2nd and a 3rd for Smith but a guy who has had a pretty good year gets that....I wish I knew what was going on behind the scenes so I could know if I should have outrage or just accept that they market wasn't much.

TMoore4075 03-01-2017 09:02 AM

Guess the 3rd pick goes from FLA's to ARZ (which FLA owns) if Panthers make playoffs so I guess...Go Panthers?

lockman21 03-01-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16731639)
Unless your a Caps fan.

As for the Rangers: I love Hank, but even I believe the days of him putting the team on his back and lifting them to the eastern conference finals are over. He can be a rock, but if the team continues to go 3 for 48 on the power play and has issues on the blueline, we are not going too far.

The Hawks are a great example of goaltending not meaning as much as we think. I like Crawford, but I don't consider him to be elite. Doesn't matter though, he is good enough because he has a great team in front of him. The Rangers have had a great goalie with an okay team. That formula just doesn't work as well.

Crawford is borderline-elite. I think he's as close to elite as you can get without actually being elite. He's underrated quite a bit. He's no Carey Price or Hank, but he's right in that next tier.

But I get what you're saying.

fonzz41 03-01-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731587)
And just as we say that, Matty, the Kings are kicking the tires.

But how does he fit there? I just don't understand who he bumps off the roster.

You may have just gotten your answer.

TMoore4075 03-01-2017 09:28 AM

I really wish I knew whether to be pissed or just shrug and say "That's what they could get." Of course Wings fans on twitter are losing their shit but none of us have any idea what the market was and what offers he was getting. Something is better than nothing for a UFA who probably isn't coming back and wasn't even on your team a year ago. Smart ass responses out there are Holland's never had to sell but he did well yesterday. A 2nd and a 3rd for essentially a #5 D-man so makes me wonder if that's just the best they could get. Listening to the TSN guys they seemed shocked it was only that but at the same time dogged his playoff performances in the past. He was traded for a 2nd rounder in 2014 and that was before the really crappy playoff performances. I dunno....Now I expect the Wings to go on a run and and end up picking 12th anyway.

lockman21 03-01-2017 09:37 AM

Still no trade call for FLA-DET.

lockman21 03-01-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16731665)
You may have just gotten your answer.

Not sure how that makes LA better, but ok...

fonzz41 03-01-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731683)
Not sure how that makes LA better, but ok...

Totally agree. In a vacuum, moving King out to replace with Iginla makes no sense. It could be that they were planning on moving King anyways and want a veteran to fill his spot to finish out the season. Iginla could basically step right into King's place in the lineup. Who knows?

TMoore4075 03-01-2017 09:49 AM

Also wtf Montreal doing though? Can't score so...lets add some enforcers?

fonzz41 03-01-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16731706)
Also wtf Montreal doing though? Can't score so...lets add some enforcers?

There was a tweet saying that one of the first things Claude Julien told Bergeron was that the Habs were "too small"

Also, looks like Iggy on his way to LA. I don't even care what the return is. I'm just glad he was able to get out of the hell that Colorado is to finish his career.

~Crashintome89~ 03-01-2017 09:55 AM

Flyers. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Lcsulla 03-01-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731554)
The problem I have is that it's clearly not perfect yet. Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQwBMK7UFgk

I mean, that whole thing was looney tunes. I really don't know where I stand on the replay thing, but there is a problem when you introduce something like this and they STILL get it wrong.

Obviously no system will ever be perfect, but that's the point of replay, isn't it? To "get the call right"? If you're going to interrupt a game for 10 minutes for this circus, you better get the right call.

Yeah, that call was bad - no idea how the ruling on the ice stood, ref said the video was 'inconclusive' and my reaction was 'am I watching the same game?' Part of it is t he refs allowing a little too much leeway on an offsides call, maybe they should just roll back the rule that absolutely no part of the player or their equipment can be across the blue line at all before the puck crosses it. The other thing is I believe the refs should have screens bigger than my cell phone to watch the video's on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731648)
Crawford is borderline-elite. I think he's as close to elite as you can get without actually being elite. He's underrated quite a bit. He's no Carey Price or Hank, but he's right in that next tier.

I believe he is better than most but not elite. He borders on schizophrenia, one night he is lights out and than the next he has some brain fart and does something that directly leads to a goal like flipping the puck straight to a streaking winger when trying to clear. I am every bit as comfortable with Darling in net as Crawford to be honest. Thing is a lot of that is due to the Hawks D being so solid at blocking shots, bunkering down in front of the net and often literally swiping a puck away that was already behind Crawford or Darling and heading right into the net. I like Crawford but he can drive me crazy at times, hoping he gets better a la Dubnyk who was basically an average to below average goalie for 7 years and suddenly turned into Patrick Roy. Darling is going to make his bank this offseason and some team is going to benefit from him playing 60 games a season or so, he certainly deserves it IMO.

fonzz41 03-01-2017 10:04 AM

The Avs can now be done for the day for all I care.

EDIT: Looks like return is a conditional 4th, with COL retaining 50% of salary.

Lcsulla 03-01-2017 10:06 AM

Iginla to LA for a conditional pick.

lockman21 03-01-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16731743)
The Avs can now be done for the day for all I care.

EDIT: Looks like return is a conditional 4th, with COL retaining 50% of salary.

So, they trade King for a 4th, then trade a 4th for Iginla?

What?

fonzz41 03-01-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731761)

What?

I never said it made sense, man. I'm just glad it happened.

dmbetc 03-01-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731761)

What?

Yup. Didn't give up anything, just swapped King for Iggy. Weird moves, again.

dmbetc 03-01-2017 10:16 AM

But I will gladly take Iggy over King.

TMoore4075 03-01-2017 10:16 AM

Weirdest deadline ever. We knew it would be dead (well most of us did) but it's been odd. The longer this has gone makes me think that might have been the best KH could have done.

Am curious as to what they do between the end of the season and the expansion draft. As of now their "best" available players to Vegas would be Sheahan, Helm, Howard and maybe Coreau if Vegas wanted a young backup after taking a veteran from someone else. Even though Sheahan has had a bad year he's still like 24 or 25, has size and is responsible defensively. Do you trade him thinking Vegas might take him? Also wonder if they fire Blashill or if he's just on a short leash going into next year.

fonzz41 03-01-2017 10:25 AM

Sutter + Iggy :lol

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/sta...99751971135489

fonzz41 03-01-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16731775)
Weirdest deadline ever. We knew it would be dead (well most of us did) but it's been odd. The longer this has gone makes me think that might have been the best KH could have done.

Asking prices for sellers will go down as the deadline approaches. If we see any flurries of activity, I would expect them to be soon.

But no, I don't expect to see any big names going at this point.

Lcsulla 03-01-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16731797)
Asking prices for sellers will go down as the deadline approaches. If we see any flurries of activity, I would expect them to be soon.

But no, I don't expect to see any big names going at this point.

So Crosby for Ovechkin straight up is not going to happen today? :lol

lockman21 03-01-2017 11:16 AM

Quincey to Columbus might end up being the low-key winner of the deadline.

Not saying Quincey is all that, because he's not, but it's a solid add for them.

dmbetc 03-01-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731843)

Not saying Quincey is all that, because he's not, but it's a solid add for them.

https://youtu.be/BSDg2oSazNc

lockman21 03-01-2017 11:18 AM

Vegas can now complete transactions.

TMoore4075 03-01-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16731843)

Agree. Nice pickup for a team with not a lot of playoff experience.

Also Filppula to Philly along with a couple picks for Streit. Nice move by TB to get Fil off the books for the expansion draft