Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

unccrombie 07-05-2016 12:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16501651)
Alex Ovechkin Award - TMoore4075. Most posts in the thread but at the end of the year still walks away empty handed.

:lol :lol

fonzz41 07-05-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16501715)
Tim is the Yandle Award winner! CONGRATS BUDDY!

There it is.

aeroshady 07-05-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Alex Ovechkin Award - TMoore4075. Most posts in the thread but at the end of the year still walks away empty handed.

:thumbsup:lol:lol

fonzz41 07-05-2016 12:50 PM

Adam Graves Award for quiet dignity in diligently supporting his team: unccrombie

hailtopitt 07-05-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501728)
Adam Graves Award for quiet dignity in diligently supporting his team: unccrombie

:lol:lol:lol oh my god

aeroshady 07-05-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501720)
Aero, you're absolutely right. My post was meant to be a backhanded, jesty compliment. But if everyone else gets their own award, so should you!

Roberto Luongo Award for hilarious self-deprecation despite all around solid play: aeroshady

Love it! Thanks!! :multi:bounce:thumbsup

fonzz41 07-05-2016 12:53 PM

At least aero and crombie have different avatars now. That should help me going forward.

unccrombie 07-05-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501728)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16501734)
:lol:lol:lol oh my god

:lol

:: opens satchel, pockets award ::

hey h2p

hailtopitt 07-05-2016 12:55 PM

:lol sup dude?

trd1610 07-05-2016 12:59 PM

I feel privileged and am honored to receive the Calder. I'll only look to work harder and try to improve during my sophomore campaign.

unccrombie 07-05-2016 01:00 PM

a little bit of this, a little bit of that

Lcsulla 07-05-2016 01:02 PM

Who gets the Jamie Benn faceoff winner award for centers?

TMoore4075 07-05-2016 01:12 PM

As we talk about awards, who won the Jordin Tootoo award? The Blackhawks, that's who.

fonzz41 07-05-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16501757)
Who gets the Jamie Benn faceoff winner award for centers?

:lol I almost gave that one to Kev. He's a master at whipping that line out.

But then I figured that it's just part of the bigger award, which is the Trotz.

fonzz41 07-05-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16501772)
As we talk about awards, who won the Jordin Tootoo award? The Blackhawks, that's who.

Still waiting on your acceptance speech, bud.

Lcsulla 07-05-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16501772)

I wonder if it is possible that one player can receive more penalty minutes than dollars on a contract? I know they need another wing but Tootoo is more trouble than he's worth - literally and figuratively.

TMoore4075 07-05-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501778)
Still waiting on your acceptance speech, bud.

I can't put it into words so......

Lcsulla 07-05-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501776)
:lol I almost gave that one to Kev. He's a master at whipping that line out.

But then I figured that it's just part of the bigger award, which is the Trotz.

Fair enough - IF Trotz was actually a center! :)

lockman21 07-05-2016 01:26 PM

The post-season awards are my favorite time of year.

fonzz41 07-05-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16501782)
I wonder if it is possible that one player can receive more penalty minutes than dollars on a contract? I know they need another wing but Tootoo is more trouble than he's worth - literally and figuratively.

I like Tootoo. He's not going to score much, but he's a great skater who is all over the ice being an agitator. Will work well on the 4th line and could possibly even see some 3rd line minutes due to his speed. His attitude seems to have improved over the past couple seasons as well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16501783)
I can't put it into words so......

I understand. I know it's the most coveted award in all of Ants NHL Thread history, so I get that you need some time to compose yourself.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16501788)
The post-season awards are my favorite time of year.

That's big of you to say, considering you have to relinquish the Yandle this year.

PS - for our new pals around here. The Keith Yandle award is born from a joke where we were all baffled that Yandle was left off the olympic roster. The ultimate snub. So when I forgot to give an award to a certain poster in here (OK, it was Roose. And I still feel bad), he won the Yandle award for biggest snub. Since then, it has become a mark of high honor. Chris won it last year, and Tim this year.

barbogast 07-05-2016 01:46 PM

Roose winning the original Yandle was one of the best moments during my time here. That was such a great recovery on your part, Matty.

TheLastPig 07-05-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501557)
2016 NHL Thread Awards, brought to you by Geico:

Vezina: Lockman21. Chris's steadying presence sound logic is an anchor to our good thread.

Adams: dmbetc. I don't think there's any denying that if we were to pick a leader, it would be Sarah. Always there to support, encourage, but keep us pointed in the right direction.

Selke: ~Crashintome89~. A plucky forechecker and shot blocker who does what it takes to get the win.

Richard: Barbogast. If solid posts were goals, Barbs would've broken Gretzky's record this year.

Byng: Dramageek. Has anyone in this thread navigated the waters of internet boards with more pleasantness and integrity than DG?

Norris: Salrx95. In his early career he was more of the stay-at-home defender, but has really rounded out his game this season. Whether on PK or PP, we can trust Sal back there.

Calder: trd1610. Like Panarin, ran away with the rookie scoring title after strong posting efforts regarding TBL.

Conn Smythe: TheLastPig. Also considered calling this the Justin Williams trophy for playoff performance. TLP is not a veteran poster in this thread, but came on hard and strong for the playoffs. We hope he sticks around!

Hart: hailtopitt. He can be, uh, difficult for some people to get along with. But the guy's got Hart (c wut i did there?). No one can deny the strong posting effort H2P put into this season, and I happily award him the MVP.

And don't worry, there's more!

Barry Trotz Award for best cultivator of NHL Thread culture: Kev87Lads. Seriously, this is an important award for the best thread on Ants. We've got a unique culture here, and Kev as a Thread vet does an amazing job of propagating it.

Lappy Award for best trash-talker: JRS1386. Because, who else? The guy's a genius.

The Sedin Award for most difficult posters to tell apart: aeroshady and unccrombie. Their devotion to the Rangers and honestly really good posts often make them difficult for me to differentiate. That shouldn't take away from their overall skill, however.

Darren Dreger Award for most likely to be someone we follow on Twitter on July 1st in the future: Roose13

Happy Gilmore Award for nice guy with violent tendencies: Lcsulla

Semyon Varlamov Award for consistency despite no help from his own team: Swordo84

Woo!

Didnt think I would even be nominated! Will most definitely be around throughout next season. Really just started venturing into ndmbc in the last few months.

Its an honor to share the trophy with Sir Sidney :thumbsup

barbogast 07-05-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16501825)
Woo!

Didnt think I would even be nominated! Will most definitely be around throughout next season. Really just started venturing into ndmbc in the last few months.

Its an honor to share the trophy with Sir Sidney :thumbsup

Shoulda been sharing it with Phat Phil ;)

hailtopitt 07-05-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16501830)

agreed! :thumbsup

TheLastPig 07-05-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16501830)

http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-con...ndy.jpg?2a31da

dmbetc 07-05-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16501818)
Roose winning the original Yandle was one of the best moments during my time here. That was such a great recovery on your part, Matty.

:lol it really was great.

salrx95 07-05-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

:D:D. That was great.

Thank you for the most prestigious Norris award. Following in the footsteps of the great Denis Potvin. Definitely more of a Chara than a Karlsson. That's for sure.

kev87lads 07-05-2016 05:09 PM

Matty! Been waiting for this post. It's been a somewhat crummy couple of weeks dealing with a car accident (I'm fine, wasn't my fault, no one else was in the car; but my car was totaled; dealing with insurance is dumb; no offense to anyone in the industry) so any randomness that brings a smile is good in my book. Things are looking up again! All good.

2x Lady Byng and now a Barry Trotz award. Very nice. Happy to be involved. Still not on as high a post count in here as some of you but you guys (and gal) are the best.

Great meeting up with a few of you in realz life over the last year(s).

I saw Tim's name missing right away and knew. I :lol ed

I'd like to thank........

....................... This would be true if Jamie Benn were actually a freaking center idiot

Dramageek 07-05-2016 07:33 PM

The Byng! I'm truly honored. I enjoy talking hockey with yinz guys, yes even the Flyers fans (and maybe even Brohan!) I just want us all to have a good time watching some good hockey. Here's to a fun offseason. Can't wait to raise some banners this fall.

Haven't checked this thread much recently as it's been a crazy weekend. Just moved in with my fiancée (:) :eek) Still staring at a pile of boxes in the kitchen. We haven't killed each other yet!

JRS1386 07-05-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16502154)
The Byng! I'm truly honored. I enjoy talking hockey with yinz guys, yes even the Flyers fans (and maybe even Brohan!) I just want us all to have a good time watching some good hockey. Here's to a fun offseason. Can't wait to raise some banners this fall.

Haven't checked this thread much recently as it's been a crazy weekend. Just moved in with my fiancée (:) :eek) Still staring at a pile of boxes in the kitchen. We haven't killed each other yet!

I'm just glad that a Penguins fan got the award that sounds like a chick. Quite poetic