Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 07-02-2016 01:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

An inside source told me (I'm actually not joking :lol) that the Pens offered Dennis Seidenberg a one-year deal.

Lcsulla 07-05-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16497681)
He hammered the hawks in an honest way. Said he was treated like just a body there in case someone got hurt and that it likely hurt him for free agency.

Yeah, he was. Not a knock on Weise at all but the Hawks had a ton of options on RW last year so he was indeed a role player and I think everyone would agree that he would be your 5 or 6 RW given the talent Chicago could put on that wing.

Patrick Kane
Marian Hossa
Andrew Shaw (better net front presence when he was slotted there)
Richard Panik (added more physicality than Weise by leaps and bounds)
Teuvo Teravainen (he may have had a dud of a season but he has a lot of upside when he was slotted on the wing instead of C)

I hope Weise has a lot of fun and does well in another environment.

lockman21 07-05-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16497681)
Dale Weise was just on nhl network . What an honest , refreshing, interview. Really liked what he had to say. First question was "why Philly?". He honestly said "because they offered 4 years and one else did. I have 2 young kids and wife". He hammered the hawks in an honest way. Said he was treated like just a body there in case someone got hurt and that it likely hurt him for free agency.

The way the Hawks organization is being run is becoming more and more alarming every year. It seems like it's an old boys club. I mean, look at the returns of Ladd, Versteeg, Campbell, etc. If you aren't a member of the "club", you don't get a fair shot.

TMoore4075 07-05-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16501106)
The way the Hawks organization is being run is becoming more and more alarming every year. It seems like it's an old boys club. I mean, look at the returns of Ladd, Versteeg, Campbell, etc. If you aren't a member of the "club", you don't get a fair shot.

There's positives and negatives to it. The Wings have this and it's worked out at times and other times it hasn't. Ericsson should have been benched for game 5 against Tampa. He wasn't playing well and the season was pretty much over. Play a kid to see what he can do. It wasn't gonna be much worse plus maybe that lights a fire under his ass for the next season. Instead...nope. I'm curious about the expansion draft. They better not protect guys just cause they feel they should. No one will take Zetteberg and Kronwall so don't protect them. I have this weird feeling they will.

TMoore4075 07-05-2016 10:18 AM

Ready for hockey already. At least we get mid September for the World Cup so not quite as long of a wait.

Brohan_Santana 07-05-2016 10:53 AM

Sean Avery doesn't need ice underneath him to be a dick

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/105...le-on-snapchat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fonzz41 07-05-2016 10:59 AM

Kinda slow in here now that the Free Agent frenzy has died down.

I think it's time for some NHL Thread 2015-2016 Awards.

fonzz41 07-05-2016 11:41 AM

2016 NHL Thread Awards, brought to you by Geico:

Vezina: Lockman21. Chris's steadying presence sound logic is an anchor to our good thread.

Adams: dmbetc. I don't think there's any denying that if we were to pick a leader, it would be Sarah. Always there to support, encourage, but keep us pointed in the right direction.

Selke: ~Crashintome89~. A plucky forechecker and shot blocker who does what it takes to get the win.

Richard: Barbogast. If solid posts were goals, Barbs would've broken Gretzky's record this year.

Byng: Dramageek. Has anyone in this thread navigated the waters of internet boards with more pleasantness and integrity than DG?

Norris: Salrx95. In his early career he was more of the stay-at-home defender, but has really rounded out his game this season. Whether on PK or PP, we can trust Sal back there.

Calder: trd1610. Like Panarin, ran away with the rookie scoring title after strong posting efforts regarding TBL.

Conn Smythe: TheLastPig. Also considered calling this the Justin Williams trophy for playoff performance. TLP is not a veteran poster in this thread, but came on hard and strong for the playoffs. We hope he sticks around!

Hart: hailtopitt. He can be, uh, difficult for some people to get along with. But the guy's got Hart (c wut i did there?). No one can deny the strong posting effort H2P put into this season, and I happily award him the MVP.

And don't worry, there's more!

Barry Trotz Award for best cultivator of NHL Thread culture: Kev87Lads. Seriously, this is an important award for the best thread on Ants. We've got a unique culture here, and Kev as a Thread vet does an amazing job of propagating it.

Lappy Award for best trash-talker: JRS1386. Because, who else? The guy's a genius.

The Sedin Award for most difficult posters to tell apart: aeroshady and unccrombie. Their devotion to the Rangers and honestly really good posts often make them difficult for me to differentiate. That shouldn't take away from their overall skill, however.

Darren Dreger Award for most likely to be someone we follow on Twitter on July 1st in the future: Roose13

Happy Gilmore Award for nice guy with violent tendencies: Lcsulla

Semyon Varlamov Award for consistency despite no help from his own team: Swordo84

~Crashintome89~ 07-05-2016 11:42 AM

Bill Masteron Trophy- fonzz41 for poster who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey, the NHL thread, and the virtues of Mormonism (award shared with his many wives.)

hailtopitt 07-05-2016 11:49 AM

:lol thanks Fonz i'm honored

congrats to everyone who got some hardware this year

fonzz41 07-05-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16501560)
Bill Masteron Trophy- fonzz41 for poster who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey, the NHL thread, and the virtues of Mormonism (award shared with his many wives.)

Wow, what a pleasant surprise. I'm speechless.

I would like to thank Joe Sakic, Adam Foote, Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr, Stefan Lessard, Joseph Smith, and Jesus for getting me to where I am today.

And on behalf of Nicole, Emily, Natalie, Rashida, Lisa, Brittany, Ingrid, and our 35 children, I humbly accept this award and thank you for the immense honor.

aeroshady 07-05-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501557)
2016 NHL Thread Awards, brought to you by Geico:

Vezina: Lockman21. Chris's steadying presence sound logic is an anchor to our good thread.

Adams: dmbetc. I don't think there's any denying that if we were to pick a leader, it would be Sarah. Always there to support, encourage, but keep us pointed in the right direction.

Selke: ~Crashintome89~. A plucky forechecker and shot blocker who does what it takes to get the win.

Richard: Barbogast. If solid posts were goals, Barbs would've broken Gretzky's record this year.

Byng: Dramageek. Has anyone in this thread navigated the waters of internet boards with more pleasantness and integrity than DG?

Norris: Salrx95. In his early career he was more of the stay-at-home defender, but has really rounded out his game this season. Whether on PK or PP, we can trust Sal back there.

Calder: trd1610. Like Panarin, ran away with the rookie scoring title after strong posting efforts regarding TBL.

Conn Smythe: TheLastPig. Also considered calling this the Justin Williams trophy for playoff performance. TLP is not a veteran poster in this thread, but came on hard and strong for the playoffs. We hope he sticks around!

Hart: hailtopitt. He can be, uh, difficult for some people to get along with. But the guy's got Hart (c wut i did there?). No one can deny the strong posting effort H2P put into this season, and I happily award him the MVP.

And don't worry, there's more!

Barry Trotz Award for best cultivator of NHL Thread culture: Kev87Lads. Seriously, this is an important award for the best thread on Ants. We've got a unique culture here, and Kev as a Thread vet does an amazing job of propagating it.

Lappy Award for best trash-talker: JRS1386. Because, who else? The guy's a genius.

The Sedin Award for most difficult posters to tell apart: aeroshady and unccrombie. Their devotion to the Rangers and honestly really good posts often make them difficult for me to differentiate. That shouldn't take away from their overall skill, however.

Darren Dreger Award for most likely to be someone we follow on Twitter on July 1st in the future: Roose13

Semyon Varlamov Award for consistency despite no help from his own team: Swordo84

Don't know how I feel about this. I feel like I have had a pretty solid showing in this thread since the NHL threads have existed. How can you not tell me apart yet? I am the negative Rangers fan...everyone knows that! You need to pay more attentions to my posts!

:rattle:rattle:rattle:rattle

Edit: But at least I won something...even if it is shared this year!

swordo84 07-05-2016 12:04 PM

Can't disagree with any of the awards :thumbsup

#boytheoilerssuck

dmbetc 07-05-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Thank you! It's a privilege to be "surrounded" by so many great guys!

http://gph.is/15GuRUL

barbogast 07-05-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501584)
Wow, what a pleasant surprise. I'm speechless.

I would like to thank Joe Sakic, Adam Foote, Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr, Stefan Lessard, Joseph Smith, and Jesus for getting me to where I am today.

And on behalf of Nicole, Emily, Natalie, Rashida, Lisa, Brittany, Ingrid, and our 35 children, I humbly accept this award and thank you for the immense honor.

:lol :lol :lol

Matty, you're the real National Treasure. Thanks for another sweet award.

1x Hart Trophy Winner
1x Richard Trophy Winner
1x Norris Trophy Winner
0x Stanley Cup Winner

:D

dmbetc 07-05-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16501616)

1x Hart Trophy Winner
1x Richard Trophy Winner
1x Norris Trophy Winner
0x Stanley Cup Winner

Yup, sounds like a Caps fan!

TMoore4075 07-05-2016 12:17 PM

I'll just climb under my desk for the the next year I guess.

fonzz41 07-05-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16501634)
I'll just climb under my desk for the the next year I guess.

Ahem...

C'mon guys, fill Tim in.

barbogast 07-05-2016 12:20 PM

I was wondering when he'd notice. Timmy, you won the most prestigious award of them all.

dmbetc 07-05-2016 12:23 PM

Alex Ovechkin Award - TMoore4075. Most posts in the thread but at the end of the year still walks away empty handed.

~Crashintome89~ 07-05-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16501651)
Alex Ovechkin Award - TMoore4075. Most posts in the thread but at the end of the year still walks away empty handed.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Lcsulla 07-05-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Agreed. I could not even get annoyed at him even when his damn Blues knocked out my Hawks - he is just classy and even keeled.

Quote:

I actually do not have violent tendencies really, I just get annoyed enough when talking or playing sports that the filter between my brain and mouth disappears and I end up typing the first thing that pops into my head. In reality I am very even keeled on a day to day basis and rarely get pissed off and virtually never get violent. Sarah and I have BSed off of ants and I have met a number of members including 2 of the admins who will easily vouch for me - hell, you should have seen Joe and I hanging out a few years ago in Hartford or Matt, myself and a few others sneaking through the woods with a cooler to hear the soundcheck at SPAC ages ago.

Honestly though, I would give you the Hart - you are even keeled, you know hockey in general as much as anyone and your words are worth reading - IMO anyhow. :)

TMoore4075 07-05-2016 12:38 PM

My hand is never empty....wait a minute...

Lcsulla 07-05-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16501616)

1x Hart Trophy Winner
1x Richard Trophy Winner
1x Norris Trophy Winner
0x Stanley Cup Winner

Don't forget the President's trophy! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501639)
Ahem...

C'mon guys, fill Tim in.

Joe Louis Award - defined as given to the person who contributes so much but is constantly disappointed by his team!!!!!

hailtopitt 07-05-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16501688)
Agreed. I could not even get annoyed at him even when his damn Blues knocked out my Hawks - he is just classy and even keeled.

Honestly though, I would give you the Hart - you are even keeled, you know hockey in general as much as anyone and your words are worth reading - IMO anyhow. :)

1. he's a Pens fan, not a Blues fan

2. well, shit...thanks

Lcsulla 07-05-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16501699)
1. he's a Pens fan, not a Blues fan

2. well, shit...thanks

1. You are right, I mistook him with our one Blues fan - MovieStar is the user name I think.

2. Nothing personal at all. You would get my second place vote mainly because your team just won a cup and his didn't. I always enjoy your posts even when we go back and forth.

hailtopitt 07-05-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16501704)
1. You are right, I mistook him with our one Blues fan - MovieStar is the user name I think.

2. Nothing personal at all. You would get my second place vote mainly because your team just won a cup and his didn't. I always enjoy your posts even when we go back and forth.

:lol thanks bud

maybe one of these years we'll get our Pens v. Hawks SCF with this core of players for both teams

lockman21 07-05-2016 12:46 PM

Tim is the Yandle Award winner! CONGRATS BUDDY!

lockman21 07-05-2016 12:47 PM

Guess I gotta change my avatar...

fonzz41 07-05-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16501587)
Don't know how I feel about this. I feel like I have had a pretty solid showing in this thread since the NHL threads have existed. How can you not tell me apart yet? I am the negative Rangers fan...everyone knows that! You need to pay more attentions to my posts!

:rattle:rattle:rattle:rattle

Edit: But at least I won something...even if it is shared this year!

Aero, you're absolutely right. My post was meant to be a backhanded, jesty compliment. But if everyone else gets their own award, so should you!

Roberto Luongo Award for hilarious self-deprecation despite all around solid play: aeroshady

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16501641)
I was wondering when he'd notice. Timmy, you won the most prestigious award of them all.

:thumbsup This guy remembers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16501651)

:lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16501688)
I actually do not have violent tendencies really, I just get annoyed enough when talking or playing sports that the filter between my brain and mouth disappears and I end up typing the first thing that pops into my head. In reality I am very even keeled on a day to day basis and rarely get pissed off and virtually never get violent. Sarah and I have BSed off of ants and I have met a number of members including 2 of the admins who will easily vouch for me - hell, you should have seen Joe and I hanging out a few years ago in Hartford or Matt, myself and a few others sneaking through the woods with a cooler to hear the soundcheck at SPAC ages ago.

I know, buddy. You're a gem. Had to poke some fun at you after you successfully avoided the sophomore slump in the NHL Thread. Keep up the prolific posting, and some serious hardware will be yours.

Not that the Happy Gilmore Award isn't already some serious hardware.

And thanks for the kind words.