Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

CrushB610 05-03-2016 06:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16398036)
Tom Sestito was at spac?

yes it was definitely him.. was talking to a few of his buddies and also said whats up to him

salrx95 05-03-2016 06:32 PM

Josh Bailey making up for 7 years of mediocrity tonight.

trd1610 05-03-2016 06:53 PM

This game has been pretty crazy. The Lightning have been a little sloppy on defense and turned the puck over one too many times. Great job with the extra skater and nice to see Drouin come back from the hit and get the assist.

trd1610 05-03-2016 07:12 PM

Let's Go Bolts!

mthawk07 05-03-2016 07:30 PM

Yeah Bolts! Incredible game!

salrx95 05-03-2016 07:41 PM

I'm a lot aggravated right now that it even went to overtime. Love JT but don't have him out there in last minue. He doesn't kill penalties so why is he out there. Stop icing the damn puck, too, while you are at it.

That said, I know Boyle is a giant but that was a head shot in front of the ref and it needed to be called. It led to direct scoring chance and the game winner. The game is hard to ref and it's fast but the shot to the was right in front of the ref. It would be ironic if Boyle got a game suspension. Sure TB would take the trade off.

GOB_ 05-03-2016 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16398223)
I'm a lot aggravated right now that it even went to overtime. Love JT but don't have him out there in last minue. He doesn't kill penalties so why is he out there. Stop icing the damn puck, too, while you are at it.

That said, I know Boyle is a giant but that was a head shot in front of the ref and it needed to be called. It led to direct scoring chance and the game winner. The game is hard to ref and it's fast but the shot to the was right in front of the ref. It would be ironic if Boyle got a game suspension. Sure TB would take the trade off.

It was a clean hit. It could be argued that it was late, but it's pretty clear from the reverse angle that Boyle never made contact with Hickey's head.

salrx95 05-03-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOB_ (Post 16398274)
It was a clean hit. It could be argued that it was late, but it's pretty clear from the reverse angle that Boyle never made contact with Hickey's head.

Finally saw a side angle from blue line and I'm 50/50 on it. Looks head but also doesn't and looks like maybe hickey chose wrong time to sell a call maybe. I do clearly see though as Boyle scored the Tampa guy (Callahan?) holding Zdlicky stick as he is trying to get to Boyle . Oh well. That's how it goes sometimes.

Now we have to wait til Friday because of the stupid Beiber concerts.

MOWJO8185 05-03-2016 08:44 PM

So nice to have a stress-free game tonight.

aeroshady 05-04-2016 05:39 AM

Glad the Preds got a game! Hope they win game 4 now! Also, the Blues looked pretty good last night as well.

barbogast 05-04-2016 06:50 AM

Ugh I'm not really even looking forward to the game tonight. Really don't wanna have to watch them lose again.

hailtopitt 05-04-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16398296)
Finally saw a side angle from blue line and I'm 50/50 on it. Looks head but also doesn't and looks like maybe hickey chose wrong time to sell a call maybe. I do clearly see though as Boyle scored the Tampa guy (Callahan?) holding Zdlicky stick as he is trying to get to Boyle . Oh well. That's how it goes sometimes.

Now we have to wait til Friday because of the stupid Beiber concerts.

it's not even close to a head shot

if anything, they could've called Hickey for embellishment

perfectly clean

Lcsulla 05-04-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16397832)
Dead serious. If you don't think so, you are:
A: not watching Sharks games
B: only comparing depth charts
C: are not well versed in the game
D: any combination of the above

Agreed. Last night was an abnormality for them. Neither their penalty killing or their power play looked very good, they took too many stupid penalties, iced the puck too much, weren't their usual selves on faceoffs, they gave a lot of lanes for Nashville to shoot through - tough to fault Jones much because were rifle shots on net that very few goalies could have stopped and that all happened on a night where Rinne was on fire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 16398322)
So nice to have a stress-free game tonight.

Yeah, I can imagine. STL has played 10 games so far (3 have gone to OT) and that was the first that was game that was a cakewalk inasmuch as it was the first one that has been decided by more than 1 goal. Blues/Sharks will likely be a very interesting conference final - admittedly assuming both advance.

Wonder what NBC will do if/when Dallas gets knocked out. They have been running those commercials for the World Cup of Hockey. In the first round you saw the Kane 'interview' over and over, now that the Hawks are out they are using the one with Benn and his 'nanna' - if STL advances I wonder who their next star would be - do they have one already created for say Crosby, Ovechekin, Bishop, Elliot, Weber or Jones? If not they will be creating a rush job of just give up on them all together.

Dramageek 05-04-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16398629)
Ugh I'm not really even looking forward to the game tonight. Really don't wanna have to watch them lose again.

Look at it this way, if the Caps cannot beat the Pens minus their top two defensive pairing, which includes their most dynamic and important player, then this is likely not the year the Caps get the Penns monkey of their back.

However, the Pens have been known to blow series leads (albeit without Sullivan behind the bench), so maybe the Caps will fare better down 3-1 than up 3-1. :lol

Also, there have been three games, and three disciplinary hearings. Who goes before the DoP(e)S after this game?

jrkarger 05-04-2016 07:19 AM

I think tonight's game will once again fall on Murray. If he plays like Game 3 then the Pens will be ok, IMO. If he doesn't, the Caps even the series.

It does make me nervous they got off 49 shots WITH Letang in the lineup.

EDIT: Would really like to see Sid and Geno get some points. If they can produce and the HBK line can keep it up, they should be able steal Game 4.

hailtopitt 05-04-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16397879)
Wow, Pens bringing up playmaker Tom Sestito.

highly doubt he gets a sweater

i'll bet it's Beau Bennett or Oskar Sundqvist

just need to fill out the roster since Rust is probably on the shelf for a while

hailtopitt 05-04-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16398703)
I think tonight's game will once again fall on Murray. If he plays like Game 3 then the Pens will be ok, IMO. If he doesn't, the Caps even the series.

It does make me nervous they got off 49 shots WITH Letang in the lineup.

EDIT: Would really like to see Sid and Geno get some points. If they can produce and the HBK line can keep it up, they should be able steal Game 4.

you where Sid and Geno could get some points? on the power play

it just takes 1 PP goal to get that unit going but man, it's a stalemate on Special Teams so far

Dramageek 05-04-2016 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16398712)

it just takes 1 PP goal to get that unit going but man, it's a stalemate on Special Teams so far

What's frustrating is that the PP seemed to turn it on during the Rangers series, especially with the return of Malkin, then promptly lost it again this series.

jrkarger 05-04-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16398712)

Get points anywhere. They have a combined 1 goal and 1 assist for the series.

I get your point though about the PP.

hailtopitt 05-04-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16398717)
What's frustrating is that the PP seemed to turn it on during the Rangers series, especially with the return of Malkin, then promptly lost it again this series.

meh, gotta give credit to the Caps for that

they've had a top 3 PK all year...Pens just needs to simplify: traffic, shots, crash. rinse, repeat.

hailtopitt 05-04-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16398721)
Get points anywhere. They have a combined 1 goal and 2 assists for the series.

I get your point though about the PP.

oh i agree, but if you aren't generating during 5-on-5, then the PP is where you can maybe get going a little bit

it's like a shooter in basketball getting to the free throw line...once you see the puck go in the net, it's a psychological advantage in a lot of cases

trd1610 05-04-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16398655)
it's not even close to a head shot

if anything, they could've called Hickey for embellishment

perfectly clean

I didn't want to be the one to say this as I'm going to naturally be biased towards Boyle but I didn't think there was much wrong there. The hit on Drouin was worse honestly, shoulder made contact with his head and he lined it up.

hailtopitt 05-04-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16398787)
I didn't want to be the one to say this as I'm going to naturally be biased towards Boyle but I didn't think there was much wrong there. The hit on Drouin was worse honestly, shoulder made contact with his head and he lined it up.

agreed. the hit on Drouin was not only high, but it was charging as well because Hickey left his feet

TMoore4075 05-04-2016 08:28 AM

Hit to the head? Not at all. Interference? I'd say yes. We've seen that called like that before.

~Crashintome89~ 05-04-2016 08:32 AM

this playoffs has ALL the headshots. ALL OF THEM.

hailtopitt 05-04-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16398807)
this playoffs has ALL the headshots. ALL OF THEM.

it's fucking silly

~Crashintome89~ 05-04-2016 08:52 AM

I just find it funny that a lot of players talk about respecting one another on the ice, but when it's the playoffs it just seems like that mantra is thrown out the window and anything goes.

For instance, the famous Domi-Niedermayer incident from '99 when Tie Domi just cheap shot Nieds with an elbow to the head while THE PLAY IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ICE. Niedermayer never saw it and got crushed. I don't think anything happened to Domi outside of a game misconduct. He should have been kicked out of the league.

dmbetc 05-04-2016 08:59 AM

Flyers Matt took a head shot from work and is out for cville.

Prospect Kevin is being called up to take the tickets in a last minute decision. Lace up those skates!

...this is the last time I'm this nice to Flyers fans.

kev87lads 05-04-2016 09:02 AM

This is happening!!!!

JRS1386 05-04-2016 09:13 AM

You should have offered them to me before I bought my tickets, jerk